AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-12-17, 00:12   Link #401
darthfury78

I would like to know if Oda ever answered any questions relating to Boa Hancock's biological parents?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 19:07   Link #402
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^So, how 'bout dat adult Sugar, eh? I guess she's still cute, even if she's another clone. I'm still curious how Dellinger joined Dofla at such an early age, though....

Also, according to AP's Sandman, Chaton may be based off the Japanese actor Kiyoshi Atsumi. Regardless who he's based on though, I think he looks awesome and, much like Momousagi, I want to see him appear in the series proper. Especially since he's even labeled as a vice-admiral.....

Oh, and one last thing: According to Oda, Hody Jones has two penises, much like real-life sharks. Guess that also applies to Jinbei and Arlong as well, eh?
If Chaton and possibly Momousagi were to be vice-admirals, I still would like to see a vice-admiral with an orange animal theme.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 02:59   Link #403
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Of course Law would be 2nd.

Bigger question is.... how is Marco still so high up on these polls? I've never actually understood his popularity...
Old 2014-12-18, 12:36   Link #404
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Bigger question is.... how is Marco still so high up on these polls? I've never actually understood his popularity...
He's a pretty boy with a badass phoenix ability. As shallow as that may be, that right there is a recipe for being popular.
Old 2014-12-25, 12:35   Link #405
marvelB

Well, with the latest volume release being right around the corner, how's about a little Christmas SBS info? Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

First things first: GENDER-SWAPPED SHICHIBUKAI!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^lol, male Hancock is basically Ace.

-As we saw in Law's flashback, Dellinger was taken into the Doflamingo family as a baby. However, the reason for his feminine traits is due to Jora's education.

-A dwarf's average lifespan is up to the age of 150.

-Some misc. trivia about Vivi (quoting Sandman here):

Quote:
- About Vivi
Image number: 5.5
Image color: White (Gold)
Image animal: Pigeon
Blood type: F
Favorite food: curry, pudding
Food that she can't eat: Dried shredded squid

-Someone asks what the Straw-Hats' professions would be if they weren't pirates. Here's Oda's answer:

Quote:
Luffy: Firefighter
Zoro: Policeman
Nami: Childcare worker
Usopp: Graphic Designer
Sanji: Beautician
Chopper: Elementary school teacher
Robin: Flight attendant
Franky: Pilot
Brooke: Detective

-Someone asks how to differentiate between Zoro and Sanji. Oda replies with these little sketches:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

-Here's an interesting one: Oda actually addresses the absence of Whitebeard's nurses at Marineford. As it turns out, the old man forbade them from taking part in the war, as he was prepared for death.....

-In the recent popularity poll, Kinemon, Hina, and Mr. 9 all ranked 105th.

-Someone asks if Oda will respond to fan messages via Twitter, but he refuses, saying he'll only use it for more business-related purposes (in relation to Shueisha or Toei animation, for instance).

Well, this certainly was an interesting SBS, if I do say so myself! As for as the sex-changed warlords go, I'm rather fond of Moria, Teach, Jinbei, and Croc. Actually, speaking of the last one, I wonder if this is confirmation of him originally being a woman, after all?
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 08:16   Link #406
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Well, this certainly was an interesting SBS, if I do say so myself! As for as the sex-changed warlords go, I'm rather fond of Moria, Teach, Jinbei, and Croc. Actually, speaking of the last one, I wonder if this is confirmation of him originally being a woman, after all?
I'd say it's the opposite. Oda wouldn't spoil something like that in a SBS, would he? Anyway, this picture sure is nice. Croc and Doffy actually look pretty hot.
Old 2014-12-26, 19:43   Link #407
Rainbowman

With the Strawhats' professions if they weren't pirates, how would that work? Some I do get and others I don't.
Old 2014-12-29, 00:41   Link #408
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd say it's the opposite. Oda wouldn't spoil something like that in a SBS, would he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
What would really prove Croc was once a woman, is if Croc was shown as male while all the other Shichibukai were genderswapped.

I'd say Oda could still surprise us on this matter, though. I mean, all it could take is for Croc's "official" female design to be completely different from the one shown here, heh.

Anyways, a few more bits of trivia!

-It turns out that above list of professions for the Straw-Hats was NOT Oda's idea, after all. They were all suggestions from the fan letter and Oda simply decided to roll with it.

-Apparently, Law's "official" animal form is now a spotted seal, though this is yet another case of Oda simply agreeing with a fan letter. Personally, I find that kinda odd since we already saw Law as a snow leopard....

-Here's a real interesting one: One fan theorizes that both Fujitora and the yet to be revealed Ryokugyuu (aka Green Bull) may be the admirals who oppose the world government. The basis? Why, Momotaro and the Chinese Zodiac! Now, I'm still slightly iffy on the full details, but at least in the case of the zodiac the tiger is opposed to the monkey (Kizaru), while the bull/ox is opposed to the dog (Akainu). Apparently, Oda was shocked by the letter and kept saying that he was sweating, lol. Perhaps this fan was right on the money?

-Not related to the SBS, but still noteworthy: Turns out Oda modified the dialogue of chapter 760's last page quite a bit:

Spoiler for ch. 760:
Old 2014-12-29, 19:13   Link #409
Rainbowman

Quote:
-Here's a real interesting one: One fan theorizes that both Fujitora and the yet to be revealed Ryokugyuu (aka Green Bull) may be the admirals who oppose the world government. The basis? Why, Momotaro and the Chinese Zodiac! Now, I'm still slightly iffy on the full details, but at least in the case of the zodiac the tiger is opposed to the monkey (Kizaru), while the bull/ox is opposed to the dog (Akainu). Apparently, Oda was shocked by the letter and kept saying that he was sweating, lol. Perhaps this fan was right on the money?
The dog and the ox enemies? That doesn't sound right. Here's the true non-compatibility matches:

Rat/Mouse against Horse
Ox/Bull against Sheep/Goat
Tiger against Monkey
Rabbit against Rooster
Dragon against Dog
Snake against Pig/Boar

The rest is vice versa. I also see a pattern on colors that could clash against each other:

Red vs. Green
Yellow vs. Purple

What do you suppose that there would be a Blue vs. Orange with the Blue going against the World Government?
Old 2015-01-06, 18:30   Link #410
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Rogues?
Its says a lot about Akainu by the people he chooses to hang out with. Fujitori has already shown his disdain for the Schibukai system(has if they were ever reliable). Hopefully they will try and change the system from within and not betray the Marines. The case for Admiral Z was a sad one, his anger was understandable but his betrayal never changed anything. For Garp I hold a lot of respect for him after the death of Ace. He stayed loyal to the cause no matter what. For Akoiji he left because of indifference but at least he still has respect for the Marines. The Marines have a lot of admiral level or higher fighters hopefully they can keep it together. When the Reverie happens I wonder how they are going to replace the Schibukai system if they end up disbanding it? I also wonder if there will be shifts in policy towards pirates.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 11:57   Link #411
marvelB

Well, it's that time again! Some pics from volume 77's SBS has leaked, and here's a few snippets of the info we have so far:

-We get the ages and heights for Sabo and his rebel comrades:

Quote:
Sabo: 187cm, 22 years old
Koala: 160cm, 23 years old
Hack: 280cm, 38 years old

^Huh, wasn't expecting Koala to be older than Sabo....

-Here's something interesting: It turns out that Kouhei Horikoshi (author of the current SJ hit "Boku no Hero Academia") sent Oda a drawing of Smoker for the fanart gallery way back in the 23rd volume!

-It's confirmed that Law and Corazon visit the Lvneel kingdom (from the Montblanc Norland flashback) in chapter 765.

-And now for what may be the most fascinating info so far: It would seem that Monet and Sugar are sisters! As explained by AP's Sandman:

Quote:
It seems Sugar and Monet are sisters. They joined Donquixote family when they are 9 and 17 years old. Their devil fruits were given to them after they joined Donquixote family. Doflamingo invited them since the sisters were very unhappy.

^Again, most fascinating! But I guess Oda had no time to address that info in the main story proper due to the huge amount of subplots that were already present. But I do at least hope he at least makes a brief reference to that info at the end of the arc or something.... I mean, he at least had the time to reveal that Arlong had a sister in the mermaid island arc, after all.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll post more info once it's available!
Old 2015-04-01, 14:56   Link #412
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^ You know, with that new info (if it's not an April Fools joke) about Sugar and Monet being sisters, we might be seeing more of Monet plot related either coming back for the suppose dead from a damn near fatal attack lol, or sugar going hysterical. Well that's if those two really cared for each other. O.o

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 19:13   Link #413
marvelB

More SBS stuff!

-A reader asks if Oda drawing Nami and Robin's boobs bigger is a result of eating the Ero Ero no Mi (pervert fruit). The reader then asks him to make his mom and sister's boobs bigger.... as well as his dick, lol. Of course, Oda disapproves of such a request!

-While on the subject of dirty jokes..... Gladius can make his dick explode.

-On a more serious note, Oda confirms that Rosinante (aka Corazon, Dofla's brother) is named after the original Don Quixote's horse, but he chose the name randomly. Also, he mentions that Rosi is two years younger than Doflamingo. Oh, and related to the earlier info about Monet and Sugar, the two of them joined AFTER the events from Law's flashback (makes sense since Law didn't recognize either of them as his former companions).

-More Corazon info: His birthday is on July 15th!

-Apparently the scene where Kinemon's buddy Kanjurou offers him some ink-drawn cabbages was a reference to a rakugo play, as was the badly-drawn sparrow. Oda then goes on to talk about a bunch of real-life rakugo performers, but gets sad upon realizing most people wouldn't be interested in that sort of talk (personally, I'm pretty interested....).

-Related to the earlier info about the ages/heights of Sabo's group, Hack is revealed to be a Japanese soldierfish-type fish-man.

-Here's an interesting one: Oda reconfirms what he said in an earlier SBS about how a DF power is transferred to a person upon the first bite of the fruit. However, a reader asks if it's possible for a second person to gain the power if they were to eat the rest of the fruit. The answer, simply put, is no. A DF simply becomes a regular bad-tasting fruit after the first bite, but since most people in the OPverse are unaware of that fact, they tend to eat the whole thing.

-Someone asks about the limits to Bartolomeo's barrier ability, but Oda only gives a joke answer here (similar to the "how many gomu-gomus can Luffy stretch" answers from past SBS corners, basically).

-Remember when Don Chinjao told Sai that he arranged a marriage for him before he decided to make Baby-5 his woman? Well, here's the lass whose heart he just broke, Uhorisia(?):

Spoiler:

^Damn you Sai, look what you're missing out on!

Anyways, that's about it! Until next time, folks!
Old 2015-04-02, 17:46   Link #414
Rainbowman

Quote:
-More Corazon info: His birthday is on July 15th!
This makes him a Leo.

Quote:
-Here's an interesting one: Oda reconfirms what he said in an earlier SBS about how a DF power is transferred to a person upon the first bite of the fruit. However, a reader asks if it's possible for a second person to gain the power if they were to eat the rest of the fruit. The answer, simply put, is no. A DF simply becomes a regular bad-tasting fruit after the first bite, but since most people in the OPverse are unaware of that fact, they tend to eat the whole thing.
I'm getting sick of hearing how gross Devil Fruits are. Why can't they be modified to taste like real fresh fruit?

Quote:
-Remember when Don Chinjao told Sai that he arranged a marriage for him before he decided to make Baby-5 his woman? Well, here's the lass whose heart he just broke, Uhorisia(?):

Spoiler:

^Damn you Sai, look what you're missing out on!
I'd say Sai is rather lucky he made his decision. Reminds me of Mrs. Manface from Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
Old 2015-04-03, 12:03   Link #415
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

This might be extremely overdue or w/e, But I got to ask, Has Oda ever given a reason Why Luffy didn't break the ground beneath him when he was Stuck with his feet in the ground in the Arlong Park Arc?

Or we just going along with- Luffy is an idiot and didn't think about that?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 15:06   Link #416
ellifeedn
Thinker

I was looking at the new SBS myself and learned something interesting. Apparently the mangaka for My Hero Academia sent in fanart and it appeared in an Usopp art corner for volume 23. That was all the way back in 2002!
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 05:06   Link #417
marvelB

^You know, I actually meant to bring that up myself, but it just kinda slipped my mind at the time. Still, cool to know that a successful author of a younger generation is also an OP fan!

Anyways, some of volume 78's SBS info is out! Let's see what we have here, shall we?

-We get confirmation that the "Dory" from Law's flashback is indeed X Drake! Oda also gives us a little background here: As a kid, Drake admired his father who was a marine at that time, and aspired to become a marine himself. However, something happened and Barrels (Drake's father) turned to piracy. He transformed into a terrible man who would abuse his own son. Nonetheless, Drake still believed in his father and chose to follow him, as frightened of him as he was. At the time of Law's flashback, he was 19 years old. However, the marines took him into their care after that flashback's events, and he rose to the rank of rear admiral. But yet..... in a strange twist of fate, he turned to piracy in his adulthood as his father did. Just what happened to him!? Oda is worried about the man's future.....

-Someone asks why the mortality rate of mother characters are so high in this series. Oda's answer? Because "mother" is the antonym of "adventure".

(Now before you guys go wailing a chorus about how Oda's a sexist pig, this is apparently a bit of a pun.... the kanji for the word adventure (冒険, bouken) can literally mean to be defiant, as seen here. So it looks like it's just a joke about how kids can be rebellious towards their parents. Credit goes to AP's _Hayato for that link, BTW!)

-Sr. Pink's son, Gimlet, is named after a type of cocktail. In fact, his wife Lucien was named after a type of alcohol, as well (probably the Lucien Gaudin cocktail, I'm guessing).

-A fan comments on Nami and Robin's bust sizes, asking if they're Oda's personal preference. Oda merely replies that he draws the dreams of young boys, lol.

-Oda confirms that Crocodile's face is shown on the newspaper that Corazon is reading at the end of chapter 762. He was 30 years old at that time, and if I'm not mistaken, he was already a warlord at that time, and was already keeping an eye on the Alabasta kingdom....

-Buggy would be unaffected by Doflamingo's Birdcage.

That's about it for now. If any more interesting info comes around, I'll be sure to post it here!
Old 2015-07-02, 15:40   Link #418
Rainbowman

The only highlights from this volume's info are the bust sizes and how Buggy is unaffected by Doflamingo's Birdcage.
Old 2015-07-02, 15:45   Link #419
AntonKutovoi

Buggy's status as a God of the New World has once again been confirmed.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 02:05   Link #420
marvelB

Hey, so you know that info about Crocodile being in that newspaper in Law's flashback? Well, someone at another forum translated that SBS question, and there's some truly fascinating info, indeed:

Quote:
Reader: I have a question for you, Odacchi. In volume 76 chapter 762 “In the white town“, when Law is sticking Cora-san, I found Crocodile in an article of the newspaper hold by Cora-san. What was this article about?
By Yamamoto # Sugiyama # Hori

Oda: Yes, good eyes you have there~~. Indeed, if you look closer, it's Crocodile. It's the time 16 years ago, when Law was 10, and Doflamingo 25 years old. Crocodile was 30 at that time. When he was young, he made a name of himself with irresistable violence, just like Luffy and the others are doing now, but he became a Shichibukai fairly soon, when he was in the first half of his twenties. Afterwards, he put up a fight against Whitebeard, but suffered a defeat. For the time being, he became strange in his behaviour, and his ambition was to go to the Alabasta Kingdom, where he was seen to be the hero, a Shichibukai who hunted pirates. This made him to be printed in several newspapers. So the answer: it was an article about a hero.

^So it looks like Croc was one of the first pirates to become a shichibukai! And furthermore, it turns out he faced (and lost to) Whitebeard AFTER he was granted amnesty. Yes, very interesting info, indeed.....

Credit goes to Micchan212 from Oro Jackson for the translation, BTW.