AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-31, 14:53   Link #401
Ringil

The ending of this game is so awful.. ugh.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 18:50   Link #402
Alza

Just finished the game, it has been a rush. The final dungeon was just amazing, it was really fun and probably my favorite part of the game since it had a very nice atmosphere and it just was really great. I feel bad for the final boss, since it got annihilated by me first nuking the field with Laura S-Crafting with domination and vermilion equipped, Rean and Fie delaying the thing to the point it had no turns (even though it resists it a lot), Emma spamming Silver Thorn buffed with Pandora with no delays since she had the Silver Bell, Jusus supporting with noble art and Elliot at the healing and spamming walls (thinking back I probably should have had Jusis do that) the final boss fell really fast to be honest. I kind of feel bad to be honest, since others were hyping the guy fairly enough.

The rest of the festival was great, I loved the shows, and the I picked Emma for the final events. I guess I really liked her even though she spent most of the game keeping secrets. The final events were really intense, but I loved how cool the instructors were, and the sudden genre shift was kinda crazy. The final cliffhanger was just soul crushing, but it makes me want to play the sequel to see what happens. Still can't believe who C was, and I just want to see more.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 03:47   Link #403
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alza View Post
Still can't believe who C was, and I just want to see more.
I laughed at this :V
Old 2016-02-01, 09:44   Link #404
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I laughed at this :V
I blame the trophies for the game, half of them are horrible puns and I guess I caught that bug.
Old 2016-02-01, 11:03   Link #405
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Here with you to Knight
More Than a Fie-ling
Bad Crowmance

I love it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 16:27   Link #406
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay guys, before you start grinding for warm egg soups to get that 1000 000 mira trophy, try selling all you stuff. I sold all of my sepith and weapons and consumeables and that was enough to get me up to 1 000 000 lol

I've also used the robot boss in Chapter 6 to grind for the Burst and impede trophy.
Old 2016-02-06, 04:04   Link #407
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I've been curious about this the whole time but, considering how Cassius gets name dropped in this game along with Laura's dad as the uber-powerful Diving Blades on the continent, who exactly are the other 2 Divine Blades and the other 3 S-rank Bracers?

Also... is it actually possible to beat Victor on an NG+ or will he eventually just oneshot you?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 04:57   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Only need 114 more battles and completing the Nightmare run to get the Platinum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also... is it actually possible to beat Victor on an NG+ or will he eventually just oneshot you?
He'll still oneshot you.

Just like with Sara in Chapter 2, I was able to bring her down to 1 hp, after that she took no damage and would 49 999dmg you.
Old 2016-02-07, 10:03   Link #409
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Finally finished up, so it's time to Nightmare NG+ this puppy. I am NOT looking forward to some of those later fights again.

It's funny, LoH usually telegraphs most of its reveals very transparently before hitting the characters with it, so you feel that you're just one step ahead of them, and yet there always ends up being one I don't see coming at all. In Trails in the Sky part 1 it was the departure of a main character, and in ToCS

Spoiler for Endgame of ToCS 1:

Anyone have any general tips on quartz combinations or battle strats for Nightmare?
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 12:20   Link #410
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I did it! I grind out 1000 victories and get my Platinum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Finally finished up, so it's time to Nightmare NG+ this puppy. I am NOT looking forward to some of those later fights again.

Anyone have any general tips on quartz combinations or battle strats for Nightmare?
There's only two bosses that would ever give you problems, one is the Final Boss of Chapter 6, the other is the Final Boss of the Old School House.

Why? Because the enemy levels doesn't scale towards your endgame levels, so for 90% of the game you'll steamroll everything.
Old 2016-02-07, 21:29   Link #411
warlARCia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I've been curious about this the whole time but, considering how Cassius gets name dropped in this game along with Laura's dad as the uber-powerful Diving Blades on the continent, who exactly are the other 2 Divine Blades and the other 3 S-rank Bracers?
Just to clarify. 'Divine Blade' is a different title from Victor's 'Radiant Blademaster'. The title of 'Divine Blade' is only given to those who master a form in the Eight Leaves style. In Cassius' case, since he mastered the form, Rasen, he's one of them. The only other Divine Blade that we know of is Arios Maclaine, who's name dropped in Cold Steel, actually! Arios is 'The Divine Blade of Wind', since he mastered the form, Gale.

In the case for the other three S-rank Bracers. We know jacksquat about them, unfortunately.
Old 2016-02-08, 02:19   Link #412
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlARCia View Post
Just to clarify. 'Divine Blade' is a different title from Victor's 'Radiant Blademaster'. The title of 'Divine Blade' is only given to those who master a form in the Eight Leaves style. In Cassius' case, since he mastered the form, Rasen, he's one of them. The only other Divine Blade that we know of is Arios Maclaine, who's name dropped in Cold Steel, actually! Arios is 'The Divine Blade of Wind', since he mastered the form, Gale.

In the case for the other three S-rank Bracers. We know jacksquat about them, unfortunately.
To add to this, Arios is considered a candidate to be a S-rank bracer, but he isn't one yet.
Old 2016-02-08, 06:19   Link #413
Ringil

Quote:
To add to this, Arios is considered a candidate to be a S-rank bracer, but he isn't one yet.
Spoiler for Ao Spoilers:

I did a NG nightmare run. The only really challenging boss was Chp 4 and the final boss. I wouldn't worry too much about super optimized setups.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 10:47   Link #414
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Here with you to Knight
More Than a Fie-ling
Bad Crowmance

I love it.
Don't forget the best one, More Like Rean QUARTZ-er, and I am sure the one for Towa, Mentorship, has to count be some shipping joke, but yeah most of the trophies were really fun and I liked them.

Well back to the game. Thinking about it, the last boss for Chapter 6 was the only one that really gave me some real trouble, even the final boss was easier than that guy since I had Emma for the final boss who could really spam Mirage Magic with Pandora and the Silver Bell.

I will start a NG+ later when they announce CS2 so I can refresh myself on the story. I still have to get all the trophies, and get the chestgrabber title, which makes me mad since I made sure to look all around with the Detector Quartz to find all the chests all the time. Plus I have to take some time to sit down and read the Red Moon novels, alongside Carmellia.

Taking a time to sit down and think about things for a bit, I think that one of the problems the game had was that Class VII was too big. The game had too many characters to juggle, and didn't have enough time to develop them all, so half of the class (for example Gaius) end up feeling like they could have been dropped to give more focus to other characters. Plus some development arcs were handled too clumsily, like Alisa ends up looking like a child when dealing with her mother and the Laura and Fie thing felt too weak to the point it just made Laura look like a jerk.

To me the overall plot and world building where the strength of the game's writing, while the character part was good but needed some work. Still despite its flaws, overall CS is above most JRPGs I have played recently in this department and it really stands out.

Finally, just started Skies on the PC, and finished the prologue, but sadly forgot to buy a second copy of the newspaper, and thus probably won't get a that trophy this play-through. It's sad, but I won't play 10 hours again for just that one item.
Old 2016-02-12, 03:23   Link #415
Iron Maw
Banned

Mid chapter 6 here! More specifically I just got on to Courageous. You know for all the hype I heard about Ch5's end boss she went down pretty quickly. I only used 2 S Crafts and couple of AoEs she already had dead. That stupid Immortal King in Lohengrin Castle was much harder for me. That fight feels almost impossible with out Sleep or Nightmare resistant accessories. :/

Any were some even more neat surprises in this chapter. The biggest being I didn't expect Angelica use Walter's moves against me (her S-Caft aside). I guess it was Killka who taught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alza View Post
Taking a time to sit down and think about things for a bit, I think that one of the problems the game had was that Class VII was too big. The game had too many characters to juggle, and didn't have enough time to develop them all, so half of the class (for example Gaius) end up feeling like they could have been dropped to give more focus to other characters. Plus some development arcs were handled too clumsily, like Alisa ends up looking like a child when dealing with her mother and the Laura and Fie thing felt too weak to the point it just made Laura look like a jerk.
Either I thought handled the cast development just fine. If Laura sort of came off a little like a jerk to Fie in Ch4 that was point. There are grounded reasons for that because it's based on prejudice. It may be kinda of hard to understand if you haven't play either TiTS or Zero and Ao because basically up until till this point Jeagers in have never presented positively in any way. They known as cuthroats with some of them being borderline savages. So her apprehension is rather normal for someone of her upbringing. Moreso she Fie are complete opposites in every way, personalities, philosophies and how they approach combat. Because of that couldn't sync well together even as much Laura (and Fie) tried to put differences together. Which why they had that duel in near the end of Ch 4 in an attempt to understand each other.

Alisa is child (they all still are) but your selling issues with her mother short. It's pretty complicated and has basically led to family to almost completely fracture so she isn't the only one who has problems her.

Essentially, everyone in Class VII clearly has their flaws, but mostly of them do attempt to deal with them in their own way and often come out better for it. I feel the that only characters lacking development at point is Millium and Emma, largely because their backgrounds are mysteries beyond the little bit we know about them. But that what's CS2 is for along with furthering the cast's growth.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-02-12 at 07:25.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 05:39   Link #416
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

I really need some help here

Spoiler for LAST boss:

TASUKETEEE! T_________________________T
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 07:26   Link #417
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
I really need some help here

Spoiler for LAST boss:

TASUKETEEE! T_________________________T
http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3588-%E...-Festival-and-

ctrl+f October 30 and there are good instructions there. It helped me.
Old 2016-02-12, 07:52   Link #418
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3588-%E...-Festival-and-

ctrl+f October 30 and there are good instructions there. It helped me.

been there, done that, still no win T____________T

Spoiler for 20++ retry, yes, I'm THAT desperate:
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 07:57   Link #419
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

No amount of grin ding IIRC will help because it's a flat HP value. In other words, git his parts perfectly and pray RNGesus lets you dodge and parry properly.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 08:04   Link #420
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
been there, done that, still no win T____________T

Spoiler for 20++ retry, yes, I'm THAT desperate:
Spoiler for response:

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria