Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-01, 06:19   Link #401
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's been suggested in some of the blogs that the excessive dialogue is a send-up of the shounen "let's endlessly describe how we're going to kill each other before we kill each other" trope.
Why is it that I really only see people who didn't like Bakemonogatari say this? Nisio tells his stories primary through dialogue, people really shouldn't have to make up reasons for his excessive dialogue... it's a Nisio thing.. if you want to see Nisio without walls of dialogue look @ the Medaka Box manga. (though format + WSJ is the reason for that, duh)

Anyway I'll say Katanagatari is a distant third though when it comes to engaging dialogue with Zaregoto #1 and Bake in between them. Off course I'm only seen the first ep of Katana as well as read the first novel of Zaregoto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
For the life of me I can't remember much action in the first two episodes of Bakemonogatari, but that one had a lot stronger fanservice and definitely a lot more movements between different places and scenes (also Hitagi's sharp tongue ... I swear most of the anime male fans are M), which .. Zaregoto will have when animated regarding the latter part.
Start of Bakemonogatari has much more going for it than Zaregoto imo, it also helped it had the pseudo op that recapped the prequel showing off some action. I'll be lying if I said I wouldn't be worried about how the first few episodes of a potential Zaregoto anime will be received. 100 pages of setup and character introduction is fine in a book but that's like 2 anime episodes at least and maybe the 3rd ep is the First "you know what". It's important to have a hook of some form in the first episode, you can say Hitagi was for a lot of people in Bake. Aikawa has the far superior intro scene but that comes at the end of the novel.. I can see why she is the most popular female character in the Nisio poll from 2007 you posted on the Bake forums.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:26   Link #402
tsunade666

Does the eye even had a power to begin with?

I like the part when he said that swordless user doesn't use sword because they don't have skills with it. Swordless swords man are swordsman that can't use it. Poor ninja. The sword just slipped in his hands and then take on a killer move.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:32   Link #403
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
The point is, there is unending commonality of details in any fiction medium, but there is a difference between having an unrelated similar feature, being an homage, being inspired by something, being a parody, and being a ripoff. Immediately writing something off as a ripoff isn't "very good" in my book, especially considering that for people who haven't read the novel, we don't even really know what the eye is and does (if anything) yet.
I certainly agree there! I find it outrageous for any shows that I've liked that has also been someway compared to Code Geass, probably one of the most ill conceived show out there (don't take too much offense to my loud-mouth opinion CG fans. You can throw a tomato). In the same light, I don't see how Haak is writing this show off just by pointing about the eye is a Code Geass "ripoff" (probably the wrong terminology to use in the midst of so many Isin fans). As a reader, I always find it refreshing to read all kind of opinion and not just the ones with full of praises and understanding. That's all.

edit: there is already 6-7 responses ahead already... looks like this post is redundant at this point. I'm typing extra slow today.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:38   Link #404
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, at least Code Geass used the eye very ingeniously as it was one of the central things of the whole show. I don't think you can take that away from that show.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:41   Link #405
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay, I might as well just completely re-type what I said:

I think that her weird eye thing has a similar power to Lelouch's Geass. There.

[edit]

The reason I think that is because she simply expected Yasuri to fall in love with her and had her weird pattern out.

[edit]

Also, i don't think highly of Code Geass either (Well R2 anyway. I kinda liked the first season)

Last edited by Haak; 2010-02-01 at 06:51.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:48   Link #406
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Start of Bakemonogatari has much more going for it than Zaregoto imo, it also helped it had the pseudo op that recapped the prequel showing off some action. I'll be lying if I said I wouldn't be worried about how the first few episodes of a potential Zaregoto anime will be received.
Katanagatari starts with four people in one island. I can't think of any of Nisio's novel that starts with so little cast and in such a tiny place. It is practically you stare at the same people in the same environment throughout.

It is also somewhat lucky that Bakemonogatari is so successful, which I think would help gather some action fans who are at least willing to sit through action-lacking episodes. Honestly though, Nisio's charm are his characters and story, which often (if not always) lack a lot of fight scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Does the eye even had a power to begin with?
We would like to know as well! No idea so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Togame: BY THE POWER OF MY GEASS, YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH ME!
Shichika: YES MY LOLINESS! ALL HAIL THE CHEERIO~

But I doubt this, if she has any sort of mental manipulation possibility, I don't think she would have to rely on someone else helping her to get the sword!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:52   Link #407
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Togame: BY THE POWER OF MY GEASS, YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH ME!
Shichika: YES MY LOLINESS! ALL HAIL THE CHEERIO~

But I doubt this, if she has any sort of mental manipulation possibility, I don't think she would have to rely on someone else helping her to get the sword!
Good point, but maybe her 'Geass' has limits that's she's already reached...
Old 2010-02-01, 06:53   Link #408
Kunagisa

Quote:
Good point, but maybe her 'Geass' has limits that's she's already reached...
True that, maybe it doesn't work unless she's super nervous/embarrassed.
Old 2010-02-01, 06:55   Link #409
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Why are we calling it a 'Geass'?
Old 2010-02-01, 07:00   Link #410
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I have no idea! I would prefer to call it a super-powered version of Legilimency!! I think "eye that can control others" is just easiest to reference with Geass, even though it's just really uber hypnotism. We could always say Togame has pokemon power.
Old 2010-02-01, 07:05   Link #411
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

[edit]

The reason I think that is because she simply expected Yasuri to fall in love with her and had her weird pattern out.

[edit]

Also, i don't think highly of Code Geass either (Well R2 anyway. I kinda liked the first season)
If her eyes has same effect like Geass, she wouldn't be betrayed by ninjas she hired...

@stuopidget
Togame is hypno??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 07:05   Link #412
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Okay, I might as well just completely re-type what I said:............

Too late Haak. We already had a whole discussion about you and your poor choice of words.

See ya all later.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 07:08   Link #413
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
If her eyes has same effect like Geass, she wouldn't be betrayed by ninjas she hired...

@stuopidget
Togame is hypno??
That's just my poor attempt to substitute an expression for Togame having suggestive power in her eye @__@ without using Geass. To make it clear, I do not know if Togame has hypnotic power , therefore I don't know if she's hypno.
Old 2010-02-01, 07:39   Link #414
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Its a geass now!? what's its power, moe?
good job Haak (^.^)d
Old 2010-02-01, 08:14   Link #415
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Y'know how there's supposed to be a new closeing each epuisode? Is it just a new song every episode or is there new animation too?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 08:24   Link #416
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Y'know how there's supposed to be a new closeing each epuisode? Is it just a new song every episode or is there new animation too?
Judging from the ending video which didn't really relate to the song or the episode at all, I'd say just a new song.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 09:01   Link #417
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I love fan gifs.
Shichika
http://optcrown.sakura.ne.jp/kp1.html

Togame w/short hair
http://optcrown.sakura.ne.jp/kp2.html

Character we havn't met yet
http://optcrown.sakura.ne.jp/kp3.html

Koumori
http://optcrown.sakura.ne.jp/kp4.html
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 10:32   Link #418
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's two syllables shorter than "That weird eye thing."
Old 2010-02-01, 10:43   Link #419
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
It's two syllables shorter than "That weird eye thing."
So she is using her body (eye as a "geass") after all?

Work it girlfriend.

It is funny that using the term "geass" has gotten a few of you miffed. Lighten up already.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:51   Link #420
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Just start watching this. Despite the simple character design, the story is pretty deep and complex. Definitely interested in following this one. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy