AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-02, 08:47   Link #401
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Can't they just air it at 11pm? I mean isn't that the time shows like South Park are aired? (/me doesn't know at all :3).
Old 2010-10-02, 08:50   Link #402
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
*ahem*

Considering Adult Swim's previous programming, I don't think that's a problem.

EDIT: No, not at all
Actually, the person in charge of AS's acquisitions has a thing against raunchiness and fanservice, especially in anime. Kim Manning, I think it was
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 09:01   Link #403
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

I'm sold. I was sold before, but now I'm like, 400% sold.

That was one of the most refreshing first episodes I've ever seen. I loved Dead Leaves, and this is like, Imaishi turned up to 4 gazillion.

DEFINITELY following this one.

And I reaaaally want an OST. Like, bad. The song played during the stripper sequence was KILLER.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 09:07   Link #404
Ichijo

This was... something else. My mind has been blown. Can't wait for the second episode.

the change in art style for transformation sequence was unexpected and left me hoping that they'll use that art style more. Not everywhere, but at least once in an episode.
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 09:15   Link #405
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Actually, the person in charge of AS's acquisitions has a thing against raunchiness and fanservice, especially in anime. Kim Manning, I think it was
Well she's a complete moron if she's gonna skip out on this potential goldmine, especially if she's responsible for that COMPLETE TRASH I linked to.

Well, Boondocks is a hit-and-miss for me actually.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-02 at 10:44.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 10:29   Link #406
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Well he's a complete moron if he's gonna skip out on this potential goldmine, especially if he's responsible for that COMPLETE TRASH I linked to.

Well, Boondocks is a hit-and-miss for me actually.
She, you mean.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 10:40   Link #407
wormspeaker

Pole dancing angels hunt evil spirits.

Why is this so awesome?

... Oh, yeah. Pole dancing angels.

The art style is like what would happen if Genndy Tartakovsky was the art director for Cowboy Bebop... with POLE DANCING ANGELS!
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:24   Link #408
Lelouch Tatsumi

Send a message via AIM to Lelouch Tatsumi Send a message via MSN to Lelouch Tatsumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yep she was pretty badass there. And then her pulling a Morpheus was icing on the cake.
Yeah, that was one of the moments that sold me on this show.
Lelouch Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:26   Link #409
JiffyGB
*snicker*

The police force finally knows its place in a show like this.

If you can't beat em, just zerg rush the unholy crap out of em!
JiffyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:30   Link #410
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I would like the entire show to use the artstyle of the transformation scenes...
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:50   Link #411
7Th
Mixtape

Adult Swim aired Super Jail; they could air PanSto easily if they wanted to.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 11:52   Link #412
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
I would like the entire show to use the artstyle of the transformation scenes...
We've seen that already. It was called Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! No thank you. PSG's best point is that it's so different from just about everything else. Different can be good. That's something the otaku horde needs to be reminded of every once in a while.
Old 2010-10-02, 11:54   Link #413
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryce View Post
By the way, Stocking's cat doesn't have a name ? (even Panty's magic gun/underwear has one !)
Honekoneko
Old 2010-10-02, 12:03   Link #414
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have faith in Gainax and Imaishi - legendary director, legendary studio. I even get what they're going for here, I think. But as a lonely voice in the wilderness, I just don't think this has legs. Once the shock value and novelty wears off, is there really anything there? How many shit and f*ck jokes can you repeat without it going stale? I found it marginally funny the first time. It's hard to imagine it's going to be funny repeated over and over.

There's nothing wrong with an anime inspired by Powerpuff Girls and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even if those shows aren't my cup of tea - we've certainly had plenty of American cartoons influenced by anime. But is that really enough to sustain a series once you get the joke? The again, it is Imaishi - maybe he's got a miracle up his sleeve, a story concept that will piece the heavens...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 12:06   Link #415
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
the otaku horde
It's not an "us vs them" case here. We're all idiots in one way or another.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 12:17   Link #416
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I have faith in Gainax and Imaishi - legendary director, legendary studio. I even get what they're going for here, I think. But as a lonely voice in the wilderness, I just don't think this has legs. Once the shock value and novelty wears off, is there really anything there? How many shit and f*ck jokes can you repeat without it going stale? I found it marginally funny the first time. It's hard to imagine it's going to be funny repeated over and over.

There's nothing wrong with an anime inspired by Powerpuff Girls and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even if those shows aren't my cup of tea - we've certainly had plenty of American cartoons influenced by anime. But is that really enough to sustain a series once you get the joke? The again, it is Imaishi - maybe he's got a miracle up his sleeve, a story concept that will piece the heavens...
I'm with you but trust me: people are gona eat this up like there's no tomorrow. Many people seem to enjoy this kind of dirty jokes quite a bit hence why there's so many fart apps in the app store.

Still it is gainax so they might surprise us with something but I just don't see how it can be even remotely good let alone awesome.
Old 2010-10-02, 12:19   Link #417
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm with you but trust me: people are gona eat this up like there's no tomorrow. Many people seem to enjoy this kind of dirty jokes quite a bit hence why there's so many fart apps in the app store.

Still it is gainax so they might surprise us with something but I just don't see how it can be even remotely good let alone awesome.
I have no doubts as to whether this is going to be popular - I'm confident it will be one of the biggest hits of the fall. I just question whether it's going to be good...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 12:28   Link #418
Dextro
He Without a Title

Meh, even if it is good it's not gonna be my cup of tea but I don't judge those who enjoy it.

Anyway: when can we expect an OST out for this, anyone know?
Old 2010-10-02, 12:42   Link #419
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
We've seen that already. It was called Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! No thank you. PSG's best point is that it's so different from just about everything else. Different can be good. That's something the otaku horde needs to be reminded of every once in a while.
Well some of the viewiers here seem to agree with me that the transformation scenes are something very enjoyable within this show, infact they are the climax of the first story. So i just expressed my approval with that opinion. I don't know if an entire show could work that way, but if we enjoy a short sequence so much, then i think it could actually work (and be more compatible with the "otaku horde", thus making more money). But i like the artstyle of the show, so im not a hater.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 13:43   Link #420
Used Can

I thought the first episode was quite shitty - pun not intended.
The character designs weren't particularly to my liking. The jokes, in my opinion, were of very poor taste, and the whole "we're bad girls" thing was rather meh... I thought it was rather interesting one of the girls was sexually active, but it eventually got old. Although, I guess this sort of humour is rather popular nowadays, particularly with Americans. So, I'm not surprised it's been well received by several people.

The only thing I liked was the henshin scene. I can watch that one several times.

Tags
comedy, gainax, seinen