AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-02-07, 03:09   Link #401
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Yup. Garo brutality at its finest.

Never surprised that this happened. These edgy and tragic moments are what makes Garo different from the other tokusatsu series.

And yay, they finally remembered Zaruba.
Old 2015-02-07, 03:52   Link #402
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I believe this act will make Leon into an protector, He will pick up the blade again and be the biggest badass he meant to be.

When will he get the trademark white coat?
Old 2015-02-07, 04:31   Link #403
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I hope they play Savor in the Dark song in this series, like at the final battle.
Old 2015-02-07, 05:02   Link #404
Nicaea

The feels are strong in this ap. A part of me still hopes that Lara only fainted, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Poor Leon, ai wonder how he's going to take up the sword again.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 09:08   Link #405
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just rechecked the preview. Pretty sure I saw Lara in there.

I might be wrong, though...
Old 2015-02-07, 09:29   Link #406
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I've tried looking at the preview. The girl in that might be Lara, but it's hard to tell for certain. The way her hair is parted looks like Lara, but the hair also looks a little bit longer to me than hers.

I do hope she's still alive. It'll seem rather empty if Leon just walks away from that subplot having gained the kind of mindset a Makai Knight needs. The series doesn't have a lot of main cast members.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 20:15   Link #407
Mubyoshi

Well damn! Why!? Why must Leon suffer so!? What did he do to ever deserve this!? When Leon was grieving, I thought for a second there that he was gonna manifest some kind of shadow Makai Knight. I really hope Lara just fainted because this is too much!
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 02:25   Link #408
Esclair

I don't see how Leon will be able to fight to 'protect' when he has nothing left to protect...

German has Leon, and now Alfonso, as well as the memories of his comrades and his years of experience forging him his identity as a Makai Knight. Alfonso has his kingdom. What does Leon have left to protect?
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 03:15   Link #409
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
What does Leon have left to protect?
Obviously Lara and the dog. *runs away from reality*
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 03:49   Link #410
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Obviously Lara and the dog. *runs away from reality*
...especially that poor dog.
Old 2015-02-08, 05:19   Link #411
Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
Well damn! Why!? Why must Leon suffer so!? What did he do to ever deserve this!? When Leon was grieving, I thought for a second there that he was gonna manifest some kind of shadow Makai Knight. I really hope Lara just fainted because this is too much!
^^I can't believe the crap they're putting Leon through. I mean, given the basis for Leon's character, why would they take everything away from him again? I mean I can understand them killing off the other family members - I expected as much to happen because Leon can't be a farmer forever, but Lara? Damn. I hope she somehow survives; otherwise, how's Leon supposed to change/grow? He's more likely to fall back into his avenger ways.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 21:08   Link #412
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
For fucks sake Leon just can't catch a break. i mean damn they even killed the dog. Although I'm sure this tragic event will turn him into the protector he should have been. I can't help but to feel that Leon tragic experiences feel a little forced. It felt more like how much more can we shit on Leon life right after he found happiness.

Preview shows him carrying Lara, at first I thought she just passed out but then I saw the eyes and I was like Damn
Old 2015-02-09, 16:31   Link #413
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
We never forgot. We saw what he did. We also know why things were the way they were. We also see that he's suffering and had tried to move on or live to pay the price. Hence we hope that he can find his own peace.
That wasn't meant to be literal, heh. I'm just a cynical man.

I do hope that Leon follows through with his word about suffering ending with him. He still has to atone for his sin, so that's pretty much a good enough reason for him to take up the Makai knight mantle again. He is essentially a mass murderer. Settling down and finding happiness after all he's done doesn't seem like a very heroic thing to do. Maybe he'll mature enough to not be called a boy by Ema the next time they meet, and help her out with her problem while he's at it.

Though, I do wish Lara survived and is traveling with him to make him a better man.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 07:11   Link #414
Yan3242

All i can say in this episode, damn even the dog?

I take it leon probably going to use gaia? Since garo armor still occupied by alfonso

Or he could go horror hunter van hellsing style
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 11:10   Link #415
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I just got finish watching the first live action Garo series, It was epic from start to finish. I was kind of upset that "Savor in the Dark" didn't play during the final battle but was a fun ride in the end. I'm bout look up the 2 part special epilogue and the movie Red requiem.
Old 2015-02-10, 23:10   Link #416
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

For anyone interested in the new opening, the cover might be considered a potential spoiler.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-11, 05:39   Link #417
B214

Is it just me or does the two of them look older. >___>
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 09:33   Link #418
Yan3242

Is that the trademark white jacket? Not bad

Considering this is garo, why i keep thinking that german might start working with mendoza? You know.... Typical enemy on the outside but ally in the inside kind of thing.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 13:41   Link #419
Kora

Well played, Garo! I was so sure that Lara will survive, but...
Wanted to scream at the grandfather, why he had to be so stubborn about the seeds! Their lives were the priority!
On the other hand, I really liked Alfonso this episode, the conversation between him and Leon was good, both admitting to their faults and being open and respectful to each other.
Kora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 17:05   Link #420
Dark Wing

I just caught up with this amazing series and all I can say is wow. I haven't seen this much suffering of a character since Madoka.

You can really hear and even feel the desperation in Leon's voice as he holds Lara in arms just very powerful stuff. I can only hope that he can recover from this somehow.

Tags
action, dark fantasy, tokusatsu