AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-27, 10:04   Link #401
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't think it's all that strange that Anos wouldn't summon the castle earlier. If he'd done that, it would have drastically interfered with whatever Kanon was doing, very quickly convincing many people that he was the true demon king and thus once more turning the people's eyes toward him. His first priority was figuring out exactly what Kanon's scheme was and finding a way to save him, and that kind of required that he let things play out and wait for the right moment. Anos may be a kind demon king who wants to save everyone and find true peace, but he's also an experienced strategist who won't endanger his large goals just to spare someone a little earlier. Especially since death is cheap to him.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 11:35   Link #402
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ The people of Jerga Kanon already believed that Anos is the true Demon King reincarnation after the magic demonstration meeting. Avos stealing Evansmana is just an additional bonus point for Diego to declare war. A 10-second castle-sword summoning right after Avos stole Evansmana wouldn't make a difference whatsoever. Azhesion would still declare war regardless. Anime-Anos literally had no reason to put off saving anime-Eleonore.
Old 2020-09-27, 11:54   Link #403
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, someone said to me that the demon commander who acknowledges Anos this episode is Emilia's dad. Is that true? So, when Anos-Mom said that Emilia's dad is a good guy, it's actually true? Speaking of, where the hell is hybrid-Emilia? I surely want to see her face now .
It sounded like he was voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi, so I figured he was at least somewhat more significant than just a generic commander.
Old 2020-09-27, 12:13   Link #404
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I myself assumed that Anos couldn't make Eleonore his until Jerga, who had turned itself into magic, was killed for good so she'd be free of his influence.
Old 2020-09-27, 13:13   Link #405
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I myself assumed that Anos couldn't make Eleonore his until Jerga, who had turned itself into magic, was killed for good so she'd be free of his influence.
I don't think so. Like Eleonore said herself to Anos, Jerga has two independent legacies. The first one is the Asc spell that has all of Jerga's hate for demons, and the other one is Eleonore which can spawn clones (like Zeshia & Diego) and quickly heal the wounds of the humans within the territory. The Jerga that we see in this episode is the culmination of the Asc spell and Eleonore can still act independently from (even fighting) the Asc-Jerga. So her magic doesn't seem to depend on Asc. Even after Eleonore told Anos those facts in episode 12, he was still confident and preparing to free Eleonore on the spot before Diego interrupted and "Avos" broke in & stole Evansmana. Anos could've freed her anytime.

Edit:
Since the season ended, I decided to click the spoiler tab in 4D's post. It turns out, in the novel, there's a cut scene where Eleonore told Anos that she can truly be freed if Asc was eliminated. But the anime doesn't have this scene because the events are changed. So, it still doesn't happen in the anime & the show never elaborate the relationship between Eleonore & Asc. I decided to add this for additional info. So yeah, your argument would be right for the novel, but the anime is still a big question mark.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2020-09-27 at 14:08.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 13:36   Link #406
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ The people of Jerga Kanon already believed that Anos is the true Demon King reincarnation after the magic demonstration meeting. Avos stealing Evansmana is just an additional bonus point for Diego to declare war. A 10-second castle-sword summoning right after Avos stole Evansmana wouldn't make a difference whatsoever. Azhesion would still declare war regardless. Anime-Anos literally had no reason to put off saving anime-Eleonore.
I think you might be underestimating the significance of the actions. These people had spent the better part of two millennia convinced that an "Avos Dilhevia" was the demon king that must be destroyed, and while some of the higher-ups certainly realized the truth with Anos' immense power, this wasn't all of them, and having "Avos" suddenly show up unimpeded and steal the Hero's Sword would likely have shaken their certainties quite a bit. Given how much of a grasp Anos had on things, I'm sure he realized that Kanon was trying to claim the title of demon king for some reason and that this action was part of an attempt to ensure that humans and demons alike believed him. Summoning the castle of the demon king, even for a few seconds, would certainly have reinforced the suspicions (in some) or belief (in others) that Anos was the real thing. With him wanting to determine Kanon's plan and motives and find a way to end things peacefully, I simply can't buy that he'd do something like that at that time. Especially since I'm sure he felt certain he could still save all the girls while playing along until the right moment.
Old 2020-09-27, 13:49   Link #407
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I think you might be underestimating the significance of the actions. These people had spent the better part of two millennia convinced that an "Avos Dilhevia" was the demon king that must be destroyed, and while some of the higher-ups certainly realized the truth with Anos' immense power, this wasn't all of them, and having "Avos" suddenly show up unimpeded and steal the Hero's Sword would likely have shaken their certainties quite a bit. Given how much of a grasp Anos had on things, I'm sure he realized that Kanon was trying to claim the title of demon king for some reason and that this action was part of an attempt to ensure that humans and demons alike believed him. Summoning the castle of the demon king, even for a few seconds, would certainly have reinforced the suspicions (in some) or belief (in others) that Anos was the real thing. With him wanting to determine Kanon's plan and motives and find a way to end things peacefully, I simply can't buy that he'd do something like that at that time. Especially since I'm sure he felt certain he could still save all the girls while playing along until the right moment.
It doesn't really matter. A novel-reader, 4D IIRC, told me in past pages that Diego is the very top commander of Azeshion's military might as you can see in this episode. If the top commander already believed that Anos is the demon king and all the people below him are manipulated by Asc, it doesn't matter what Anos do to free Eleanor within seconds during the Academy competition. Azeshion will still declare war, Diego will still try to eliminate all demons and Kanon's plan will still fail without Anos' help. Rescuing Eleanor before the war is still the best course of action.
Old 2020-09-28, 00:10   Link #408
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

....This last episode skipped over too many stuff even for my taste.
Yeah, I am not motivated to defend it this time.

I am also in the camp of wanting a second season, but the way they cut the episode feels like they don't intend to do one.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-28, 04:06   Link #409
Random14

Its too bad that it looks like that's it for this series (particularly with how much these last two episodes really, really rushed things, like barely a second on those demon soldiers bowing to Anos in the ending sequence), but overall I enjoyed it a lot. I don't care for overpowered characters most times (particularly when in-universe they're the official underdog somehow) but this series had a sense of humor and knew how to avoid the normal tropes.

I just really wish there had been more time so they wouldn't have had to skip over so much. Well, it covered some of the more important stuff, like Anos and Kanon clearing up things (and Anos skipping trying to talk him down). Cool to see them team up against the real villain too. Sasha and Misha's merged form looked great too. I don't care for the fan club songs, it was sappy but oh well, that's what the series was going for. And felt appropriate for wrap things up back at Anos' home (and its refreshing to not see jealous girls but rather them joking about new grandkids for Anos' parents).

I want to hope for another season someday, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. I'm glad we got one season at least, I'll be following the novel and manga after this (and hope there's an official license for the novel someday).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-28, 10:12   Link #410
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Question for LN readers, was this ending supposed to give any information about Misa's rumor/source? Or is that left for later arcs?
Old 2020-09-28, 10:43   Link #411
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I
I want to hope for another season someday, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that. I'm glad we got one season at least, I'll be following the novel and manga after this (and hope there's an official license for the novel someday).
Speaking of novel, I've heard the anime about covered the 1st 3 LNs.

Vol 8's scheduled to come out this October.

Author says there was a surge in demand for LN reprints during the anime's release, so the series is definitely popular with the Japanese fandom.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-29, 00:31   Link #412
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Question for LN readers, was this ending supposed to give any information about Misa's rumor/source? Or is that left for later arcs?
They skipped a few thing that's connected to the next volume.

Spoiler:
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 14:01   Link #413
AP24

https://twitter.com/maohgakuin/statu...71839029153798

Looks like there might be more anime
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 14:22   Link #414
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
https://twitter.com/maohgakuin/statu...71839029153798

Looks like there might be more anime
I am here for more Anos and company .
Old 2021-02-24, 22:44   Link #415
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I am here for more Anos and company .
Agreed. Can sign me up for another season of that cast.
Old 2021-02-25, 06:05   Link #416
Dextro
He Without a Title

More of the best comedy of 2020? Sign me up
Old 2021-02-25, 09:57   Link #417
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

New anime aside....

https://twitter.com/maohgakuin/statu...69246957588483

WAT