AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-22, 05:48   Link #401
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethroboni
Why is Asa chosen?
Ah, the discussions that were lead due to this question... good times, good times! Ask yourself: why should he not have chosen her? Falling in love has nothing to do with being thankful (at least not necessarily!), and if you will ever be in the position to choose, you will notice that love is never fair.

Alas of course, as I rooted for Asa from the very beginning, you should take my words with a grain of salt. (see what I did there? )

Cheers!
Old 2007-12-19, 01:20   Link #402
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I was shocked that the producers decided to go with a RinxAsa pairing, since this COMPLETELY destroys any chance of an anime adaptation of "Really? Really!"
Old 2008-01-02, 11:12   Link #403
Dxon
Inactive Member

Sooooo.... Episode 24 is the last of them?? And what up with all the thingys on stage 6 called Shuffle! OP and things like Shuffle! memories.

Is the memories one a new season?
And OP is opening??
Old 2008-01-02, 11:16   Link #404
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
memories is a recap of the whole serie with reused footage and maybe 1 to 3 min top of new animation material.
iirc people liked episode 12 of memories because it had a high amount of fanservice at the minute.

dont waste time with memories i think only Vexx watched it entirely the rest of the people that enjoyed shuffle just droped memories when they figured out there would be nothing new
Old 2008-01-02, 15:05   Link #405
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, after a few episodes I just downloaded it to watch the new OP/EDs. The recap series was really terrible. I really don't recommend anyone waste their time with Memories other than the last episode which, while new, is completely outside of the storyline and has some terrible out-of-character moments. The last episode does have a lot of skin moments though .... it also suffers from some unpleasant deformation of facial expressions.

All the rest of the Memories series really does is mangle the first season storyline and cruelly enlighten the viewer on how inconsistent the animation and character drawing was. It certainly destroyed my innaccurate recollection of the first season artwork/animation being really good. It is one of the very few series I've actively taken the step of deleting without saving off to DVD archive.
Old 2008-01-04, 10:06   Link #406
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
All the rest of the Memories series really does is mangle the first season storyline and cruelly enlighten the viewer on how inconsistent the animation and character drawing was. It certainly destroyed my innaccurate recollection of the first season artwork/animation being really good. It is one of the very few series I've actively taken the step of deleting without saving off to DVD archive.
I noticed that on my second watch through of the series, especially when it came to scenes that weren't close up. I still do enjoy the animation though, mostly.
Old 2008-01-11, 18:29   Link #407
wixia
New guy

Hello, my first post here

I finished this anime some minutes ago and it really was one of the better I have seen so far.

When I started to watch I thought it was one of those normal High-School animes but as the episodes went on it got to something all different. Especially the last ~6 episodes, the anime really changed there.

Rin's finals decision was actually what I expected, maybe not all from the beginning but after some episodes it was kind of clear. As other people has said, this was the most "common" choice with the princesses just diving into his life and Kaede as a all life friend there really wasn't anything to talk about.

I really liked Asa and the ending was good. It was maybe a bit rough jump from before and after the pause and they could have made it a bit more as an end, maybe with a final kiss or something.

Last edited by wixia; 2008-01-11 at 18:35. Reason: Got more to write
Old 2008-01-11, 18:34   Link #408
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am glad you enjoyed it Though i would say there is a lot of series that surpasses Shuffle, because the last arc, while more serious in tone, is nothing the writers can boast about because it doesn't do justice to the characters and personalities that had been established earlier in the series.

Shuffle was a decent watch and i suppose it might be a good title for a "beginner", but if its more serious romance that interests you (seems so, going by the fact you liked the last arc) - i can assure you that there are more satisfying titles out there that doesn't result to jerking characters by the strings to achieve maximum drama.
Old 2008-01-11, 20:51   Link #409
wixia
New guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am glad you enjoyed it Though i would say there is a lot of series that surpasses Shuffle, because the last arc, while more serious in tone, is nothing the writers can boast about because it doesn't do justice to the characters and personalities that had been established earlier in the series.

Shuffle was a decent watch and i suppose it might be a good title for a "beginner", but if its more serious romance that interests you (seems so, going by the fact you liked the last arc) - i can assure you that there are more satisfying titles out there that doesn't result to jerking characters by the strings to achieve maximum drama.
Yepp, as said I'm still a beginner

But from the aspect of being a not so very serious romance anime I liked it. I actually started to watch it because I wanted something "light" to watch and it looked light from the view of the plot and the pictures, looked like a normal SliceOfLife/SchoolLife anime. But it got more serious than I ever could imagine.

You have any tips for a really good romance anime?
Old 2008-01-12, 16:06   Link #410
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixia View Post
You have any tips for a really good romance anime?
You should ask that question in the Suggestions subforum - that way you can get input from more members (besides it being the real place for such questions )
Old 2008-02-02, 04:32   Link #411
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
You should ask that question in the Suggestions subforum - that way you can get input from more members (besides it being the real place for such questions )
err i know this is kinda asking in the wrong place again? but could you provide a link to the right forum? that section is like a maze... i have tried couldnt find it

and i disagree with people saying that the end pairing was ok..
we all said we liked the last 6 episodes or so because it was such a contrast from before. what made this contrast? as far as i can see it wasnt asa.. i admit, perhaps asa was the BEST pairing, in all practicality. but from a story point of view, i thougt the way kaedes and rins relationship deteriorate was brilliant - and was definetly the highlight of the show. if the show had ended on that note, with kaede being chosen. it would end things as absolutely complete, because you could definetly imagine the others walking away as 'just friends'. it seemed so wrong and out of place with kaede, even if she wasnt the best choice. donno about you guys but left me pretty dissapointed...

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2008-02-02 at 05:09.
Closed Thread