AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would your rate this week's episode?
* 1 0.64%
** 1 0.64%
*** 14 8.92%
**** 51 32.48%
***** 90 57.32%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-31, 14:01   Link #401
Retsoor

I concur on the fact that Nagi didn't notify Sergey because he does not trust him on a matter of that magnitude, but I doubt he wants to get rid of him just yet. He doesn't give Sergey an opportunity to betray him when it could do the most damage to his plans, and Sergey will undoubtedly still prove useful to Nagi's cause.

>> That when he said [...] because Nagi left him out of the loop?

Sergey knew it was Nagi, I refer you to Sergey's "Has it begun..?" comment just before the intro in episode fourteen.

Whichever party Sergey chooses to side with, the seemingly evil one or the good guys, I hope he will be an active character and not just reacting to others' actions. A pity about the opening though, I really hoped he would be featured with Nagi, since on that side he's more likely to shine than on the Magical Girl side.
Old 2006-01-31, 14:04   Link #402
PCDK

Well... we never really do know with Nagi. He seems to know more than we know at the moment, even thoug he always act like everything is a little surprice.

Some of you mentiond befor that the OP spoiled to much. To me it did not tell me anything that i in my mind allready knew would happend. I see it as completly clear that Arika and Nina are making some kind of a friendship that will go right down to hell because of most likly Sergay!

btw. anyone wanna bed with me that the handthive arika made to "Sergay" will be used later on and it will most likely be Nina or Arika who will find it in his belongings.
Old 2006-01-31, 14:07   Link #403
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
His instructions were only about finding the Princess. I think that he wasn't told because the attack would put Nina and Arika in danger and Nagi would expect him to take actions to protect them which might eliminate the element of surprise. After all, the more people that know about a surprise attack, especially those you don't fully trust, the less likely it is to be a surprise.
Yeah but the letter said "it's time to put our plan into motion, that's why you need to find the princess ASAP."

That and Nagi himself said Sergay will know everything about the plan which Smith told him they can put into motion which I assume involved that big cannon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just another point; if Sergay is REALLY part of the grand plan, and Nagi trusts him, why isn't he in the OP next to Nagi's throne? Instead, we have John Smith as the (Literal) Right hand man of Nagi, and no one else.

Isn't that enough proof that Sergay isn't part of Nagi's plans? That when he said "Atari didn't have anything to do with the provoked Otome battle." he really believe it, because Nagi left him out of the loop?

Or does people hate him so much that they would actually WANT him to be evil? What gives?
I'm pretty sure Sergay is Nagi's right-hand man, up until NOW at this point and Nagi apparently didn't start collaborating until what? Episode 9ish?

And why would Sergay make himself a target in front of the council by saying Artai had something to do with it? Again as it was already pointed out, Sergay DID knew that Nagi had something to do with the border skirmish.

And who said Sergay was to be the bad guy or we hated him? Episode 15 pretty much proved that he's torn between his duty and such.
Old 2006-01-31, 14:11   Link #404
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Sorry I should be more precise here, Sergay is NOT working for Schwarz nor is there any need anyways to send him a letter because he already knows the plan and is under Nagi who is the cooperator. As well as instructing him.
Why send a letter to your ally's right-hand man when he's already being instructed by him?
I'm sure Nagi told Sergay the big picture of the plan, or at least he said so to Smith.
But it seemed to me that he purposely left out important details, like the timing of the plan.
But I get your point, it's Nagi's responsibility, not Schwarts'.

Quote:
Considering the fact Sergay wasn't even suppose to be at the ceremony, since Arika asked why and he replied he was invited (The letter she sent to him), he was probably suppose to be in his office somewhat. Eitherway, Nagi is probably aware that Sergay can take care of himself.
That or because he's the North hound. Or VCV's explanation.
Eitherway Sergay was aware that it was going to happen soon.
As for Sergay being there, I'm sure he's supposed to be there either way:
1. Nagi isn't there, so he should represent Nagi as Artai's ambassador.
2. Nina is fighting, how could he not be there?

As for what he said to Arika, that's just him teasing her as usual.
Old 2006-01-31, 14:13   Link #405
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
But it seemed to me that he purposely left out important details, like the timing of the plan.
I don't think that was actually needed to tell him anyways, all that was needed to is that be on your guard, the plan is about to begin.

Quote:
As for Sergay being there, I'm sure he's supposed to be there either way:
1. Nagi isn't there, so he should represent Nagi as Artai's ambassador.
2. Nina is fighting, how could he not be there?

As for what he said to Arika, that's just him teasing her as usual.
On the contray, I'm wondering if Sergay was actually planning on waving that hankerchef?

Or was he gonna get someone else to do it?
Old 2006-01-31, 14:29   Link #406
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
I don't think that was actually needed to tell him anyways, all that was needed to is that be on your guard, the plan is about to begin.
Not something I would do to someone I consider valuable, but I get your point.

Quote:
On the contray, I'm wondering if Sergay was actually planning on waving that hankerchef?

Or was he gonna get someone else to do it?
I don't think he's going to wave it at all, he supported her anonymously for a reason.
He's not going to blow his cover just because she naively asked for it.

And I don't think he's going to let someone else wave it for him as that would give that person undue influence on Arika.
Old 2006-01-31, 14:47   Link #407
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
Not something I would do to someone I consider valuable, but I get your point.

I don't think he's going to wave it at all, he supported her anonymously for a reason.
He's not going to blow his cover just because she naively asked for it.

And I don't think he's going to let someone else wave it for him as that would give that person undue influence on Arika.
He will probably pull the hankerchef out of his pocket absentmindedly, with all thats going on, and not even realize what he has done until he sees Nina and/or Arika staring at it in surprise.
Old 2006-01-31, 14:54   Link #408
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
He will probably pull the hankerchef out of his pocket absentmindedly, with all thats going on, and not even realize what he has done until he sees Nina and/or Arika staring at it in surprise.
Why does everyone thinks that Nina will explode when she find out it was Sergay that was supporting Arika. SHe already thinks that Arika is Rena's daughter and that Sergay had a thing for Rena so would it be that much of a shock to find out that Sergay was supporting Arika. And She knows Arika doesn't know it was Sergay that was supporting her so whay would Nina be jealous?
Old 2006-01-31, 14:55   Link #409
Cookichu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCDK
btw. anyone wanna bed with me that the handthive arika made to "Sergay" will be used later on and it will most likely be Nina or Arika who will find it in his belongings.
I'll take that bet with you. Other than that I don't really see a way for Sergay's support for Arika coming out. He's very unlikely to say it himself. I'm pretty sure that Natsuki and Shizuru (and maybe Ms. Maria) knows that Sergay is the one financially supporting Arika at the school...however I doubt they will say anything either. The handkercheif to me is like a time bomb...ticking away for either Arika or Nina to discover (although I'm thinking Nina will be the one to find it but who knows)

Quote:
Episode 15 pretty much proved that he's torn between his duty and such
True it did show that but do any of us really know what made Sergay work for Nagi in the first place. Overall Sergay doesn't seem like that bad of a person to me. The part where Nagi says something along the lines of "I suppose I should had you take care of them as well" implying Sergay would "remove" people who got in Nagi's way. To me it seemed as if Sergay wasn't all too happy with that comment like he wasn't proud of what he has done. I'm thinking that Sergay has a reason for why he started working for Nagi and that is why he is torn between staying loyal to him or helping Arika....

As for Sergay knowing about the attack, I disagree with that. Nagi had orders for Sergay to find the real princess but I'm pretty sure that Nagi is aware that Sergay already knows the true identity of the princess. Nagi himself probably already knows as well. I really don't think Nagi trusts Sergay to the extent that he would tell Sergay his plan to attack.
Old 2006-01-31, 17:02   Link #410
ayyo

One possible angle you guys haven't thought of is what if instead of Nina finding it on Sergay's possession and exploding, et cetera,

Sergay 'sides' with Nagi which is ultimately Nina's side which Arika will fight. Arika decides duty over love and mortally injures Sergay, and then for whatever reason whether it falls out or he uses to wipe his blood, Arika sees the hankerchef. More points if Nina sees all this.

Another slightly different angle is Sergay who couldn't choose a side, gets injure as result of Arika and Nina fighting each other, whether it was direct like an area of effect shot or indirect like Nagi threatening them. The result of this either Arika and Nina fighting to death or realizing what they have done and join force a la Arthun-ism and fight against the bigger evil, whatever it may be.
Old 2006-01-31, 17:11   Link #411
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, I won't deny, nor I don't think anyone else will for that matter, that Sergay hasn't done exactly 'good things' all the time. You don't get a name like 'North Hound' from reading to children at the local Boys n Girls club.
He's a good guy who's doing bad things for a 'noble' reason. He wants to help his country anyway he can and if it means getting his hands bloody - oh well, he's a soldier boy and he's a damn good one too.

His adoption of Nina was probably moreso for his own sake than for hers in that through her being around him, he saved his humanity and kept from continuing on down the 'North Hound' path. Heh, almost sounds like two different personas.

Sergay was probably top student in Artai's military school. What he actually saw in Nagi at such a young age is anyone's guess but I think that Sergay saw in Nagi someone who would raise Artai out of its own mediocracy and put it on the world's stage. The oath he swore to Nagi is probably his own equivilant to an Otome's Oath to her Master - just as binding but without the 'I die, you also die' stipulation. ^^

Spoiler for Sergay and Nagi's future paths:

As for the hanky, I see Arika blowing up more so than Nina. Arika will have the issues reconciling Sergay, who has already ripped her heart once, as her 'Ojisama' whom she definitely holds a place in her heart (not necessarily romantic mind you). Nina will get upset no doubt. Probably because of the entire 'You lied' thing. She just might get upset at her own father on Arika's behalf. ^^;;
Old 2006-01-31, 17:35   Link #412
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Could anyone please bother to explain who are the other members of Schwarz?

I know that John Smith is one of them.

And anyone wants to speculate that Schwarz will betray Nagi first before he sets his personal agenda in motion?
Old 2006-01-31, 23:54   Link #413
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Could anyone please bother to explain who are the other members of Schwarz?
John Smith is the only "public" member of Schwarz. So we don't know who anyone else is in that organization.
Old 2006-02-01, 08:40   Link #414
Mich666

I don't know if anyone brought it up but what do you think of this Nina flashback pic?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-01, 08:48   Link #415
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

There's some talk in the Speculation thread about that.

One possibility is that Nina was the one who gave Sergay his scar.
Old 2006-02-01, 09:32   Link #416
Mich666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
One possibility is that Nina was the one who gave Sergay his scar.
I think that's more than likely. Perhaps Nina stole Sergay's weapon?
Old 2006-02-01, 18:33   Link #417
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
She probably thought he was too much of a- Then she got mad and dared to shoot him, Sergey back then probably didn't get mad and stayed his normal act.
Closed Thread