Old 2010-02-06, 12:19   Link #401
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
Quiet topic is quiet...
Spoiler for episode 19:
Spoiler for ep 19:

Episode 20's preview reminds me Casshern Sins and the official website confirms my thoughts : episode 20 will be directed by Shigeyasu Yamauchi (Casshern Sins' director). So this episode has high chance to be nice
Old 2010-02-06, 13:30   Link #402
Timberlan

Question for kemal_1915
Is there any translations on english? Or it's only Japaness?
Timberlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 13:52   Link #403
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The truth is reveled and.... I had it backwards in my mind. But if this wasn't even the real truth (like, this was only a few layers in instead of the core of it) I do wonder if all will be revealed by the end of the series. The last book just came out right, so have there been any spoilers posted about it?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:06   Link #404
raiden7
My Fairy, Titania Erza

Hello guys,
I'm Raiden7 (from Brazil) and I'm new to this forum.

Allow me to express my thoughts on the series so far. I have previously stated them on the Star Anime Blog under Mr.C:

VOLKEN

What a sad ending for Volken (it reminds me of John Locke dying in Lost)! His pursuit was in vain, everything he believed turned out to be a lie. Nonetheless, he took pride in dying on the right side of the battle. His beliefs cost him his life.
In a way, he was able to die a good and honorable death, he was valiant in life and even though his beliefs crumbled around him, his life was blemish-less. Before dying, his last words were that he lost everything, but that is not altogether true. His sense of justice remained even when all the justice around him was nothing more than a falsehood. He died not as an Armed Librarian, but as a True Armed Librarian ought to have been. I believe his book will be important for the plot of the story.

ARMED LIBRARIANS VS CHURCH

It makes sense since Fothona was trying to remove the Guardian of Paradise from his post. One thing remains to be solved then. Who knows the relationship between the Church and the Armed Librarians besides the Acting Director? Matt seems to know. Those two siblings dressed up in winter clothes seem to know it too.

LASCALL OTHELLO

Ok, so Lascall is not human and is an independent existence from the Church and the Armed Librarians. He’s not be be pursued, because he (I’m using he even though he appears as a girl now) is one of the mysteries regarding the truth about this world. The other mystery is…

HEAVEN

I’m starting to believe that heaven might be that Tree or someone else, and not a place. Books are taken to Heaven. Maybe that person glowing as the moonshine in the OP is Heaven…

WHO ARE THE GOOD GUYS?

Hard question. Certainly not the Armed Librarians. I mean, can we call someone who bombs an entire ship, killing a lot of people “good”?

THE VIOLET SINNER

Now, Vend Ruga seemed a very good character, maybe he was on the right side. More enigmatic still is the person known as the Violet Sinner. Who is she? She was attempting to destroy Heaven, and this brought the attention of the Church and the Armed Librarians. They considered her a threat not only because she attempted such task, but because she HAD the means to do so. Her will was passed to the Lead golems. I wonder if she is still alive or if at least her will is still alive inside one of the lead golems. I’m starting to believe that she might be the Hero of the series and she shared a past with Hamyuts (seen in the OP).

OLIVIA

Well at least Olivia survived. However what she was trying to remember had nothing to do with the Violet Sinner, that’s bad… Volken died for no reason at all and Olivia was almost killed for no reason at all. Now Olivia became the witch of reminiscence — what does that mean? Maybe she has the power to return the memories to those who lost it? Maybe. I hope she will appear later on in the series and by the cover of the light novels (http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-bakudan/) Olivia appears in Vol. 7 — next episode will cover the arc of Vol. 6 and we will see Noloty again. I just love Noloty!!! Some parts of Vol.8 were already shown (i.e. when Hamyuts joins the Armed Librarians). However I’m more excited about Vol. 9 and Vol. 10.

By the way I don’t read Japanese, so I have no idea what the description says.

Finally, allow me to say which arcs I enjoyed the most.

The Colio Tonis arc was one of the best
This arc was also pretty good, after all our dear Volken made his final exit.

Poor Mirepoc (Mirepokku)!

Take care guys!
raiden7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 16:24   Link #405
raiden7
My Fairy, Titania Erza

Oh I forgot to mention...

I believe that Kemal_1915 mentioned earlier that the Library of Bantorra had 6 levels,

Level 6 was open to the public

Level 5 was where the apprenctices trained

Level 2 was the place where the Tree was

Level 1 is where Bantorra lives

Does anyone remember in what level Mokkania used to live?

And on a side note, does anyone think that the tree Gods, Bantorra (Past), Towitorra (Present) and Orntorra (Future) will be seen in the anime?
raiden7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 18:11   Link #406
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Damn that was sad.

Spoiler for Episode 19:
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 18:14   Link #407
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
Damn that was sad.

Spoiler for Episode 19:
Spoiler for Episode 19:
Old 2010-02-06, 18:27   Link #408
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

At this point I'm sad and really looking forward for Hammy kicking the bucket if she ever does, because it seems that no one could ever match up to her.

@ Kemal_1915
Spoiler for novel question:
Old 2010-02-06, 18:29   Link #409
shiki-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden7 View Post
So that's it? The source material is already completed, and it's not ongoing? I was afraid of directors coming up with some anime original ending or something because the series was still ongoing.
shiki-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 18:44   Link #410
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Damn that was sad.

Spoiler for Episode 19:
Spoiler for ep 19:

5 books left ? They should do more episodes or a second series.
Old 2010-02-06, 20:14   Link #411
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
This is not the first time for me to say that this is different from some popular anime series.

BTW, I had been wondering this...the most memories focused in this series is that of the past, which is understandable since the librarians are worshiping the god(des?) of the past. However, there is an exception - Shiron Byacornise who could see the memory (?) of the future. Is she related with the god(des) of the future?

Spoiler for episode 19:

Spoiler for Ep 19:
The god of the future...um I want to stat that not all gods are good.

Ireia is a person who sticks with rules and authorities. She may not like Hamyuts but she listens to her order at all cost. Although she treated Volken as his son, rules are rules.

They knew what the church did.

[QUOTE=kyouray;2902671]
Spoiler for ep 19:

She is alive somewhere on the Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberlan View Post
Question for kemal_1915
Is there any translations on english? Or it's only Japaness?
As far as I know, there is only Japanese, Chinese and Korean translation.
It is unpopular so I don't expect an English verison is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
The truth is reveled and.... I had it backwards in my mind. But if this wasn't even the real truth (like, this was only a few layers in instead of the core of it) I do wonder if all will be revealed by the end of the series. The last book just came out right, so have there been any spoilers posted about it?
Yes, the relationship between the Library and the Church isn't the core of the secret. The hole is deeper.
I only get a few spoilers. It is not enough to know the whole picture.

Quote:
Hello guys,
I'm Raiden7 (from Brazil) and I'm new to this forum.

Allow me to express my thoughts on the series so far. I have previously stated them on the Star Anime Blog under Mr.C:

LASCALL OTHELLO

Ok, so Lascall is not human and is an independent existence from the Church and the Armed Librarians. He’s not be be pursued, because he (I’m using he even though he appears as a girl now) is one of the mysteries regarding the truth about this world. The other mystery is…

WHO ARE THE GOOD GUYS?

Hard question. Certainly not the Armed Librarians. I mean, can we call someone who bombs an entire ship, killing a lot of people “good”?

Finally, allow me to say which arcs I enjoyed the most.

The Colio Tonis arc was one of the best
This arc was also pretty good, after all our dear Volken made his final exit.

Poor Mirepoc (Mirepokku)!

Take care guys!
Lascall has a hidden agenda. It may be shown in volume 10 so I still don't know what he/she wants to do.

Only one person in this series in purely good - Noloty. Even Volken killed people in the name of Justices but Noloty doesn't.
Only two people in this series in purely evil - Hamyuts and...
Spoiler for she:

Colio is a special person. In this world, we have someone very powerful (Hamyuts, Mokkania...) Colio didn't have the past (memory), the future (life) and ability. However, he had love and faith and saved a lot of people by them. And it will be more amazed if you know Rurura's story. He is the opposite of Colio.

(The rest is in my message.)

Quote:
Oh I forgot to mention...

I believe that Kemal_1915 mentioned earlier that the Library of Bantorra had 6 levels,

Level 6 was open to the public

Level 5 was where the apprenctices trained

Does anyone remember in what level Mokkania used to live?

And on a side note, does anyone think that the tree Gods, Bantorra (Past), Towitorra (Present) and Orntorra (Future) will be seen in the anime?
Mokkania lived on Level 5.
It should be. If they talk about Ruruta, these gods have to be mentioned.

Quote:
@ Kemal_1915
Spoiler for novel question:
Spoiler for Volken:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiki-sama View Post
So that's it? The source material is already completed, and it's not ongoing? I was afraid of directors coming up with some anime original ending or something because the series was still ongoing.
That's what I am afraid of and it is very likely to happen.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 20:56   Link #412
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

^ Damn that makes it even worst, since a book is like the story of your life.
Old 2010-02-06, 23:19   Link #413
Dakkar
N/A

Quote:

Pretty much implies that the tree is the actual director, I guess...
Dakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 23:40   Link #414
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Nope, I asked Kemal about it awhile back and Bantorra is the actual director of the library. The tree is well, just a book eating tree, not in charge of any leadership responsibilities that we know of.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 00:29   Link #415
Tale

Quote:
Hello guys,
I hope she will appear later on in the series and by the cover of the light novels (http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-bakudan/)
At the page, there are some parts of the books are quoted...I'm not so impressed by the writing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
Ireia is a person who sticks with rules and authorities. She may not like Hamyuts but she listens to her order at all cost. Although she treated Volken as his son, rules are rules.

They knew what the church did.
What do you mean by "they"? I initially thought Hamuts and Matt both were trying to flame Volken, cooperating with the Church. However, when Volken managed to hurt Hamuts, she said to Volken, "I can see how you managed to kill Vizac.", which indicates that she believed that Volken killed Visac. However, she decided to keep the book of Volken since the book records his innocence. So, she ended up with using the situation created by the Church while she learned his innocence.

Quote:
Lascall has a hidden agenda. It may be shown in volume 10 so I still don't know what he/she wants to do.
Yes, Lascall seems to have used Volken by handing him what he calls the "evidence" of evil deeds of Hamuts.

Quote:
It should be. If they talk about Ruruta, these gods have to be mentioned.
I think it’s from the opining of ep 2, where Ireia explains the basic knowledge about their myth to visitors and, as far as I know, there is no information about "Ruruta."

Quote:
Nope, I asked Kemal about it awhile back and Bantorra is the actual director of the library. The tree is well, just a book eating tree, not in charge of any leadership responsibilities that we know of.
However, I'm puzzled. In Minth's arch, Matt, who doesn't seem to be so fanciful, talked to the tree like it is a human-being or at least has its own will.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 01:58   Link #416
urangel

I love this anime but it leaves me crazy wondering about what's going to happen next. I can't believe Volken died so soon and in that way!! I wish I could read the light novels. It seems like the type of story where the characters die off one by one. Could someone please please spoil me and tell me if anyone else dies in the novels so far and what happens to Noloty??
urangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 03:55   Link #417
LaiShin

Quote:
and the director is that no-face?
LaiShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 04:02   Link #418
shiki-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiShin View Post
and the director is that no-face?
The no face is the Governor of Paradise, the head of the Church. Who is also appointed by the Library. Church support True Man to become good books to give to the tree, who then pass it to Bantorra???
Old 2010-02-07, 06:29   Link #419
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkar View Post
Pretty much implies that the tree is the actual director, I guess...
Quote:
The god of the past Bantorra is the director.
But the actual situation is not that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
What do you mean by "they"? I initially thought Hamuts and Matt both were trying to flame Volken, cooperating with the Church. However, when Volken managed to hurt Hamuts, she said to Volken, "I can see how you managed to kill Vizac.", which indicates that she believed that Volken killed Visac. However, she decided to keep the book of Volken since the book records his innocence. So, she ended up with using the situation created by the Church while she learned his innocence.

Yes, Lascall seems to have used Volken by handing him what he calls the "evidence" of evil deeds of Hamuts.

I think it’s from the opining of ep 2, where Ireia explains the basic knowledge about their myth to visitors and, as far as I know, there is no information about "Ruruta."

However, I'm puzzled. In Minth's arch, Matt, who doesn't seem to be so fanciful, talked to the tree like it is a human-being or at least has its own will.
Hamyuts didn't know Volken is innocence before she read his book.
After that, she will know. If she knows, Matt will know. So I use "they".

Ruruta is a closely-guarded secret. Only a few people know.

That tree is a human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urangel View Post
I love this anime but it leaves me crazy wondering about what's going to happen next. I can't believe Volken died so soon and in that way!! I wish I could read the light novels. It seems like the type of story where the characters die off one by one. Could someone please please spoil me and tell me if anyone else dies in the novels so far and what happens to Noloty??
This will be a spoiler. PM me to ask about what you want to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiki-sama View Post
The no face is the Governor of Paradise, the head of the Church. Who is also appointed by the Library. Church support True Man to become good books to give to the tree, who then pass it to Bantorra???
Armed Librarian gives commands to the church to make those books because they can do those things by themselves. "The righteous Armed Librarian can't do evil deed." That is what Volken and all people in the world thinks.
So, the question is "Why they have to do so?"
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 07:49   Link #420
shiki-sama

Rewatched episode 5. Mirepoc mentions a period when god lives amongst men, then the gods left and bantorra was locked up in the Library. I guess Bantorra wanted the world and his two siblings, present + future stopped him?

So the Tree is actually the jailer to keep Bantorra locked up? Assuming Bantorra is in a mode of sedation, the books that will keep him sedated are books that attain Happiness. The tree "eats" these books and projects the contents as dreams to Bantorra? In order to keep a constant supply of happy books, people must exist that will follow their desires to obtain their happiness. The Church is there to nurture these people that wants to obtain happiness regardless of whether the method is good or bad.

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen