AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 19:44   Link #4181
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I can understand that, but we don't need to be constantly reminded of it every couple months or so. Just let the guy train, fight and get better. Don't keep telling us he'll never catch up to Miu or the the Masters. That's honestly the only real issue I have with this manga. We never get any real signs of Kenichi's growth. If there's an issue, they'll do a training arc to help overcome it, but there's no sense that he's getting any closer to the other fights. It's not just him, though... all the fighters seem to be "stuck" at a certain power level. Miu is just a bit stronger than Kenichi, Kenichi is just a bit stronger than Takeda, etc. Every time you think Kenichi may be able to do something amazing, the Masters prove just how wrong he is and he's back to square one.

I'm not saying that it's true for the whole manga-- there was a lot of growth in the beginning. However, since then, the author has dragged things out and it just sort of stopped.
Logically speaking Kenichi's nearing the absolute end of the road for disciple class. There's only really Kajima to go and maybe Chikage. With Kajima being extremely likely to being stronger than Miu maybe not skill wise but by "heart" as he calls it.

I think what people forget about Kenichi and Miu is that Kenichi actually has a very good chance of beating her in a life and death match. She lacks the guts, determination and will power that he has which is most important thing in a match. It's been out right stated through Kajima that the ranking for the most important things in a fight are Guts>Power>Technique. Miu dwarfs him in technique but he has her beat in guts and power.

I mean the guy beat Sho, and it's arguable if Sho was stronger than her, he certainly wasn't weaker than her at the time.

The guy isn't actually that weak in comparison to her, the manga just constantly makes it seems like it in order to supposedly prolong it's percieved length.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 06:43   Link #4182
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I disagree entirely, Kenichi has shown huge amounts of Growth. The Master's HAVE acknowledged Kenichi's growth, they just don't want him to get a big head over it.

The Kenichi right now can fight on par with Yami's best disciples, when he used to struggle with members of Ragnarok. He rarely even has "come from behind" wins anymore, he usually just outfights his opponents. Being able to stand up to a Master class opponent, even if only barely, is a huge deal, which is why the Masters where secretly very proud of him.

All of the above said, I really don't see Kenichi actually reaching "Master class" so long as the manga is called what it is. Even if Miu is ahead of Kenichi, it isn't a huge gap, especially when you consider that Miu was trained since early childhood, and Kenichi has only had a year of training.
I agree...With everything you said..if Kenichi Use real powers..his is much strong than Takeda...and his can fight on par with Yami's best disceples,after beating Koukin,i think his level is improved very much
Old 2011-05-30, 08:10   Link #4183
[MrSonic]

Send a message via ICQ to [MrSonic]
Quote:
What about Ogata? He used his disciple to test some dangerous techniques for him while fully aware what damage it might do. He's still keeping Ryuto as some "test subject". It seems he doesn't care wether someone is killed as long as it benefits his training/goals. I kind of get a mad scientist vibe from him.
Yeah, Ogata is probably one of most "evil" (and ambitious) YAMI. And his worse side we will probably see when Salaryman finally finds him and we learn why he wants to kill him.

Speaking of Salaryman, what was the chapter where he fought Kenichi? I remember that Ryozanpaku masters told that he was neither disciple nor master class (somewhere in the middle) but it's strange that there are no other characters who fit the same description.
[MrSonic] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 08:30   Link #4184
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MrSonic] View Post

Speaking of Salaryman, what was the chapter where he fought Kenichi? I remember that Ryozanpaku masters told that he was neither disciple nor master class (somewhere in the middle) but it's strange that there are no other characters who fit the same description.
That would be chapter 370 for the start and 371 for the finish. Also, 371 is where Kenichi as he guy how to get the master's daughter as he himself married his master's daughter.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 09:51   Link #4185
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Yeah, Ogata is probably one of most "evil" (and ambitious) YAMI. And his worse side we will probably see when Salaryman finally finds him and we learn why he wants to kill him.
We already know why Tanaka (Salaryman) wants to kill Ogata. For the record, it's because Ogata killed his master and father (in-law).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 00:48   Link #4186
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:

Makes sense that there is a middle class, I mean I don't see how you become master class from disciple straightaway. We have already heard that it is virtually impossible for a disciple to beat a masterclass. Just because you have learnt all you can from a master doesn't mean you are a master.

Well, the other alternative is that you are not a master class unless you have/had disciples and since the manga revolves around masters and disciples, it is natural that we don't see much of these.

Speaking of which, what is the requirement to be called a master class? Doesn't seem to be any pre-defined standards. Or is it possible that the requirement of a masterclass is to beat a master?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 01:42   Link #4187
Undertaker

well, typically in traditional Martial Art Novels and Fiction. To be consider a Master, one needs to evolve what one had learned from his/her master(s) and create his/her own style or at least personality.

Keiichi right now has that one combo attack and that one attack that is consider to be master class level. He basically need more of those and effectively be able to mixing all he has learned into a single unique style.
Old 2011-06-01, 07:00   Link #4188
Shadow5YA

Considering how well the salaryman floored everyone in the tournament, I thought he would have been considered master level. I was disappointed to find that he was only a disciple when he returned.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 07:52   Link #4189
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
well, typically in traditional Martial Art Novels and Fiction. To be consider a Master, one needs to evolve what one had learned from his/her master(s) and create his/her own style or at least personality.

Keiichi right now has that one combo attack and that one attack that is consider to be master class level. He basically need more of those and effectively be able to mixing all he has learned into a single unique style.
This is, a good point..,because kenichi is Trained by five masters, plus the Elder, once he manages to combine five different styles .. I think it, will be unique,to have this kind of style...
Old 2011-06-01, 15:12   Link #4190
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I believe it's been stated that there's a level between disciple and master, that's where salaryman, Kenichi, and probably Miu as well, all fit: expert class (and if you think about it, this is something pretty remarkable- salaryman and Miu have been training for far longer than Kenichi, and while both are a bit above him, Kenichi became expert class in just about a year)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 16:35   Link #4191
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I believe it's been stated that there's a level between disciple and master, that's where salaryman, Kenichi, and probably Miu as well, all fit: expert class (and if you think about it, this is something pretty remarkable- salaryman and Miu have been training for far longer than Kenichi, and while both are a bit above him, Kenichi became expert class in just about a year)
Yes...and his started with training without any talent...Kenichi really development very well..,Miu is different,she have been training for until she was a little girl, and she is a prodigy..with more talent,after all, in her body,flows the blood of the strongest man in the world.. Saiga or the Elder?
Old 2011-06-01, 18:25   Link #4192
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder where Tanaka's (salaryman's) wife stands.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 21:36   Link #4193
NoLongerSane

Just finished reading scans to 433.
Spoiler for 433:
Old 2011-06-04, 06:38   Link #4194
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Just finished reading scans to 433.
Spoiler for 433:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2011-06-04 at 06:48.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 07:05   Link #4195
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
If Apachai didn't get revived when he fought Agaard, I would expect Sakaki to die here...

And greater than Maestro isn't much of a compliment, I expect him to be lower tier of Yami anyway. We all know in the back of our mind Akira is amongst the strongest in Yami.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 00:52   Link #4196
qwertzu

Something I juste noticed. The guy YAMI is out to kill this time somehow looks like Itoshiki Nozomu from Zetsubou Sensei.
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 00:25   Link #4197
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

i remember some time back people were complaining that the masters were too invincible. I think this upcoming match and Apachai's answers those doubts.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 02:43   Link #4198
qwertzu

Chapter 434:

So that former Yami guy is actually Zetsubou Sensei ("What if I had died?") and we also get "hocaloid Muku".

Spoiler for 434:
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 03:09   Link #4199
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertzu View Post
Chapter 434:
Spoiler for 434:
Spoiler for Ch 434:
Old 2011-06-14, 06:03   Link #4200
NoLongerSane

Just finished reading chapter 434. Also what is it with Matsuena and armor.
Spoiler for Fight 434:

Tags
shounen