Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-03-14, 19:03   Link #4241
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I've been maintaining this entire time that his final form will be Amaterasu, and he's halfway there now. Only question is where the last 4 tails will come from. More 5D chess, or something else?
Good thinking. It's obvious his final form will be a nine tailed fox, and Amatarasu is a great fit given the Deity theme. I'm not sure how well known the connection between nine tailed foxes and Amaterasu is in Japan though, it feels like some very obscure stuff Nasu used for Tamamo.
Old 2023-03-15, 00:18   Link #4242
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

In one of local tradition, fox is said to have ties with Amaterasu (her favorite animal, something like that) which resulted on why foxes are often seen as shrine guardian.
Type-Moon just push it further into "Amaterasu and Nine Tails are two sides of same coin" so there's legit reason why Tamamo who should belong to 'monster' category on trio (opposed to hero (Nero) and human (EMIYA)) able to access divine treasure for NP instead of pulling tie-in creatures like Medusa's Bellerophon.

Ziin being white wolf kind of explained by the idea; in one of myth version its not fox that help Amaterasu but a white wolf thus we got Okami (Capcom game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I doubt Girori know that much about Ace. Probably even Niram miss out on this detail till this episode. Ace probably wanted to keep this hidden longer but used it due to the circumstances. Well this may not be the only hidden card he still have. The guy has been playing 5d chess.
What I meant is more of its kind of funny how all of this happened due to Niram own decision.

Girori logic is sound, game currently stale also potential risk from Jyamato development and said top player start digging company top secret but Niram believe its fine because... Buffa will keep things even, which is pretty weak argument as we saw Geats keep solo-ing stuff. Beroba then prove that not all Supporters will just sit and enjoy the game following that like Ziin and Kekera; Chirami did well on increasing rating but far below Girori when it comes to security. Niram only have himself to be blamed.

Old 2023-03-15, 06:35   Link #4243
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Not gonna lie, Boost Mk-II (orange) is the first protag-rider form that I genuinely like from Geats coz everything mesh well from head to toe.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There's no clashing part-additions or random golden scarf on the suit.
Old 2023-03-17, 09:06   Link #4244
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Spoiler-free short impression of Shin Kamen Rider:
YouTube
Old 2023-03-19, 07:29   Link #4245
GDB

Why would you even cliffhanger Geats dying and then proceed to show him alive and well in the next episode preview? Like, we know he isn't going to die, but at least don't show it 15 seconds later in the preview.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-19, 09:00   Link #4246
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19M...om=333.999.0.0

Man, never thought I missed the trio gathered like this. Skip to 17.00 to watch surprise from the trio.

As for Geats, should've to get used to Takahashi Yuya's:

- From tensai (genius) gamer Emu (M) to tensei (reincarnate) gamer Ace (A).
- Backlash from Boost Mk-II more or less similar to Shining Hopper, Ziin's device will unlock the "Shining Assault Hopper".
- Beroba is our Gai this time, good to know she's unlike Gai who spent his time hardly affect anything, thanks to some of Ryoma (Gaim) traits. Sengoku-theme 'huh.
- Chirami? The best they could do to salvage his charisma would be by surprise reveal that he's actually DGP owner. Part of me wishes Archimedel will shake future development, maybe with Girori comeback.

Kinda difficult paying attention to Geats when current sentai, KingOhger goes all out since first three episode; Donbrothers scored good, not Gokai or Shinken-tier but successful enough to pull this kind of approach.

YouTube
Old 2023-03-19, 10:14   Link #4247
GDB

I'm liking the current theory that Chirami is actually the villain mastermind, having caused Girori's paranoia around Ace, roped Beroba into starting this coup, giving Sparrow his ID core back, and otherwise making moves that assist Beroba (having seen how strong Glare2 is versus Ziin, there's basically no chance he should've otherwise lost his Driver, and now he's basically just given her the access key to using it as a normal belt).

You could even say his Among Us themed DGP was designed to sow distrust amongst the Riders, but didn't work in the end.
Old 2023-03-19, 11:15   Link #4248
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm expecting Chirami to be mastermind in more meta sense if its true.

When he introduced, he made it clear that rating is important; he will do anything to increase rating.
At best, him caught by Daichi, now Beroba, were intended for sake of making game more interesting to audience (us).

Even so, no reason to risk Beroba able to obtain access to Goddess unless either Chirami is DGP owner or Investors totally on board with this approach.
Old 2023-03-19, 18:58   Link #4249
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A shame Boost Mk2 was so short lived. The perfected version looks nowhere as good as the original. Reminds me of Build's tank and rabbit forms being complete downgrades visually compared to plain old Hazard. Less is more.
Old 2023-03-20, 17:26   Link #4250
B214

What are the chances Ace will pull out a Magnum MK II from his future reincarnations. He got Boost from his past selves then he gets Magnum from his future selves.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 19:07   Link #4251
GDB

I don't think they want to make him LITERALLY Tendo.
Old 2023-03-20, 20:56   Link #4252
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm more into it will be direct upgrade from Goddess.

Boost Mk-II pretty much Shining Hopper for Geats, so the final form likely will resemble how Zero Two obtained.
At worst will be something like Ghost's Toucon Boost Damashii, using his father soul (this time Ace's mother) for power-up.

Old 2023-03-21, 09:58   Link #4253
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Kinda difficult paying attention to Geats when current sentai, KingOhger goes all out since first three episode.
Not gonna lie, at this point, I prefer the Kingohger suits than all the Reiwa Rider protags' suits except for 01.

At the very least, they don't have clashing colors that hurt my eyes, their theme & designs are on point and they look good with little armor paddings on the chests & shoulder capes, not just spandex.

If there's anything negative from the costume, some of the colors don't really match the bugs. For me, it should be like this:
Stag beetle: black
Mantis: green
Bee: yellow
Dragonfly: blue is already good
Butterfly: purple is already good since butterfles have various colors.
Old 2023-03-22, 17:22   Link #4254
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not gonna lie, at this point, I prefer the Kingohger suits than all the Reiwa Rider protags' suits except for 01.

At the very least, they don't have clashing colors that hurt my eyes, their theme & designs are on point and they look good with little armor paddings on the chests & shoulder capes, not just spandex.

If there's anything negative from the costume, some of the colors don't really match the bugs. For me, it should be like this:
Stag beetle: black
Mantis: green
Bee: yellow
Dragonfly: blue is already good
Butterfly: purple is already good since butterfles have various colors.
Sentai won't exclude red in it period. And personally I do like Saber's Crimson Dragon and Primitive Dragon. Same with Revice ultimate forms and think it's still better than King Ohger suits.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-23, 02:08   Link #4255
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

IMO so far the high for Reiwa suits are Zero One and Kingohger for KR and Sentai respectively.

Both design are nice to look into and doesn't seem hindering action. It also have good reuse 'capabilities'.
Fuwa's in particular with Assault Wolf -> Orthros Vulcan, or Ichigata -> Lone Wolf while for Kingohger its hinted that the sixth ranger is blackish-silver stag beetle.

Runner-up is Saber, no Sentai involved as Donbrothers is too unique for me, also Saber is almost a Sentai, LOL.
Saber suits paint job is superb, probably the best in Reiwa so far. Crimson Saber is 10/10, Jaou Dragon and Dragonic Knight looks metallic, Elemental Dragon is nice try portraying power of elements while Xross Saber and Hyoujuu Senki managed to look clean in action despite being radical final form color choice. The only 'downside' is Primitive Dragon, I guess they can't use ivory color for skeletal look a la SkullGreymon in kid show.

Below is Revice for me. I don't get idea behind gum-colored last upgrade and felt like they're losing their gas for additional Riders after Demon.
As if design and coloring for side Riders after OG Demon were an afterthought, took time until they score with Juuga and Destream, only to escalate into 'weird choice' started with Muteki Jeanne.

Old 2023-03-23, 06:00   Link #4256
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Old 2023-03-24, 01:42   Link #4257
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh no! Shocker is into burgers too!!!

YouTube
Old 2023-03-26, 05:32   Link #4258
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

SHT this week:

Kingohger:
- Gira is not transforming this week
- Debouski keep the trend of black ranger being an eccentric guy, the actor doing good.

Geats:
- I guess they have sweet spot for Ishinomori Shotaro, he's more or less joining Geats team by providing upgrade. Will Kekera and Kyun follow?
- Laser Boost follow Ziin's suit perspective, boxy from front but looking good from sides.
- More or less confirmation that Ace's tensei ability is not from his own wishes. Which leave explanation that he's creation of Goddess that equal or more powerful than Neon.
- Felt like Beroba defeated too easily, when looking at how other supporters sub-plot seems to be understanding the meaning of life through the players they supported
Old 2023-03-26, 13:54   Link #4259
justavisitor

Buffa just becomes evil for no real reason tho...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 14:08   Link #4260
GDB

This isn't any more evil than anything else he's done since using the Jamato buckle. All he did was literally take the belt. He didn't kill her, leave her to die/get captured, etc.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu