AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 19:22   Link #4241
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Im surprise we're talking about the size of Raphael's Gun We all saw the last trailer, we know that the rifle gonna pack alot of firepower.

As for Qan[T] new GN Keybla....eh... I mean sword. Since it is entirely made of that green material would it be to much of a stretch to suggest the blade double as a rifle.

For Example, Mixing the same tech to make the Rasier Sword using GN Sword III and Seravee's Shoulder and Knee GN Cannons could create a GN Sword where it fires beams using the Blade as a Catalysis.

Please let me know if I'm making any sense, but seeing the GN Sword III better handle the raiser sword. It seem practical to try and develop a GN Sword entirely out of GNC and then see if beam can be fire directly from the blade
Old 2010-04-07, 20:33   Link #4242
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On that...
Thanks for that!
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:22   Link #4243
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
Im surprise we're talking about the size of Raphael's Gun We all saw the last trailer, we know that the rifle gonna pack alot of firepower.
Well, until today we didn't know Raphael would have such a small rifle. We're talking about the next entry into the heavy assault Gundam. I think it's safe to saw we all expected it to be shown with a new gigantic GN Bazooka III. I mean, we know it has one, or two, w/e. But I was surprised it wasn't shown with the Raphael in our first clear still image view.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:26   Link #4244
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As technology gets better, it also gets smaller. The GN-Bazooka II was smaller than the GN-Bazooka, after all.
Old 2010-04-07, 21:29   Link #4245
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As technology gets better, it also gets smaller. The GN-Bazooka II was smaller than the GN-Bazooka, after all.
Smaller, bit hell of a lot longer. Also, it was a lot bigger when it was combined.
Old 2010-04-07, 21:32   Link #4246
Yavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Scientist may be the more better word to use here since its being used for a wide variety of things. Doctor in itself is used to refer to a medical doctor,when used ordinarily.
No, the word 'scientist' is as specific as the word 'doctor'. A scientis is any person who engages in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I found a transcript of the interview via Bunka Extend. Here he just says, "Boku wa desu ne, Shirin Bakhtiar":

http://www.bunkaextend.com/ax2009_06.html

I'm open to another source of where it's stated that Mizushima loves Nena, but for that specific fan report, I think it's a very, shaky source. Just note that the report in Bunka Extend actually mentioned that they typed out the specific way the speakers spoke (which they did), so it's very likely that they had a recorder at hand. If this is the only "source" that says that Mizushima loves Nena, then I believe people should stop using it as a reliable source and building their arguments based on it, don't you think?
I'll ask Hellcat later what source he got his quote from. Maybe he got his info from a difference place than me? Hellcat however is not the source I was talking about. It was a Japanese site.

As for bunkaextend -- even if what they only print exactly what Mizushima said, that doesn't they printed everything he said. That expo done by bunkaextend seems awfully short doesn't it? Isn't it possible that there were a lot of things that they decided not to include? Even If he said he loved Shirin in that particular line, he might have mentioned Nena earlier or later in that interview as well.

So if the other source also was there at the interview they would be able to tell us things that wasn't included on the bunkaextend. (just saying)

Last edited by Yavie; 2010-04-08 at 12:02. Reason: fixed quoting error
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:54   Link #4247
mike_s_6

I will be waiting for the official source for that then
Old 2010-04-07, 22:05   Link #4248
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

4 down...3 to go.
Old 2010-04-07, 22:38   Link #4249
furato
Chronic Googler

This is Hellcat's source, an /m/ thread by brinkmanship:
http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-boar...thread/3505877

About the "official source" for Mizushima liking Nena, I found this:
http://www.411mania.com/movies/colum...9---Sunday.htm

but I'm suspecting that this "Jeffrey Harris" guy uses 4chan to get his info, because some of the parts look as if pasted verbatim like the exact wording "newscaster babe" or "the staff talked about the Gundam-meisters facing off against non-humans" which is not the same with the Japanese source saying "CB are aliens" as a joke. Now the question is how come that error crops up so often. Maybe it's an error on the AX Jp-En translator's part? Or my suspicion is correct that the 411 writer is lying about being in the event and uses 4chan? Alternatively, the 411 writer IS brinkmanship.

I tried to google several combinations related to Mizushima, Shirin, Nena, AX 2009, Anime Expo 2009 in Japanese but the only thing that cropped up is the BunkaExtend article, or fan discussions linking to it.

Last edited by furato; 2010-04-08 at 11:55.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 01:29   Link #4250
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Looking at how Qan[T] holding his GN Sword....the position of its hand looks awkward, I don't know how they going to do in the model, maybe extra joint or extra hands for holding the sword

Liking the designs so far, especially Harute's
Old 2010-04-08, 01:32   Link #4251
bio9205
Reborn

Anyone notice that Raphael has two guns, not one? Take a look next to his left leg, looks like he's got one stored on the back there.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 01:50   Link #4252
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We've known about those since the first lineart came out for it. There are two of those and they appear to be cannons, though in unusual places for cannons.
Old 2010-04-08, 02:03   Link #4253
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Looking at how Qan[T] holding his GN Sword....the position of its hand looks awkward, I don't know how they going to do in the model, maybe extra joint or extra hands for holding the sword
It's awkward, but it's not like they haven't done such hands in model form before - look at the "HG" 1/144 Gundam Sandrock Custom, or any model with hands molded with the beam sabers. Although why they choose to have the hand in that position as the default stance for the Qan[T] GN Sword is still puzzling: if you notice, the GN Sword's blue parts line up perfectly with the blue forearm guards in the image, suggesting it's the default stance.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 02:52   Link #4254
mike_s_6

From kouryakukan:
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakukan/e/...f1ac64c978630d

Animedia:

水島監督のインタビュー掲載。
劇場でグラハムは大人になっているらしい。

A publication of Mizushima's interview.
Graham seems to have become mature in the movie.

Animage:

新情報としては
・ハルートはアレルヤとマリーの複座
・サバーニャにはビットによる大火力

New movie news
-Harute is a two-seater with Allelujah and Marie.
-Zabanya has large fire power through Bits.
Old 2010-04-08, 03:00   Link #4255
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Oh nice more bits? Hm...I wonder of the pods act as the shield bits...they kinda look like em.
Old 2010-04-08, 03:23   Link #4256
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Oh nice more bits? Hm...I wonder of the pods act as the shield bits...they kinda look like em.
So wait those things on it sides could be containers for gun and double up as shield bits/rifle bits?. maybe it can be used to pass weapons to the other gundams
Old 2010-04-08, 03:28   Link #4257
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
So wait those things on it sides could be containers for gun and double up as shield bits/rifle bits?. maybe it can be used to pass weapons to the other gundams
Well, we were told they would carry weapons, but...look at them, they in no way possible look big enough to carry weapons. They're too thin. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed from being weapon containers, to new shield bits. The original design of Zabanya had its containers look like weapon holsters, this one now makes em look like bits.

Who the hell knows.
Old 2010-04-08, 03:37   Link #4258
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Well, we were told they would carry weapons, but...look at them, they in no way possible look big enough to carry weapons. They're too thin. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed from being weapon containers, to new shield bits. The original design of Zabanya had its containers look like weapon holsters, this one now makes em look like bits.

Who the hell knows.
i wonder where else could zabanya get those sub machine gun from,other then those containers. Also the gundam it self is described as a armory but i guess rifle bits do count as arms. Rifle bits are still guns but are remote weapons. But then there is still the question of where those sub machine guns came from.
Old 2010-04-08, 03:39   Link #4259
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The container looks big enough to me to store guns and rifle. Maybe this time it's wireless controlled weapon containers with guns inside, with the container material strong like those used on a shield...

Harute being a two seater still puzzles me. Why does it need it? It's not like the back booster can remove and become a fighter on its own...or wait, maybe it does?
Old 2010-04-08, 03:44   Link #4260
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The container looks big enough to me to store guns and rifle. Maybe this time it's wireless controlled weapon containers with guns inside, with the container material strong like those used on a shield...

Harute being a two seater still puzzles me
. Why does it need it? It's not like the back booster can remove and become a fighter on its own...or wait, maybe it does?
Two super soldiers + high maneuverability Gundam = down right incredibly hax.

Look at how super lame Arios was until the last episode of season 2. It whooped the Garazzo's ass, and all because of Alle's QBW. Now add another to that, you get the idea.

Tags
gundam 00 movie