AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-07-02, 15:41   Link #4301
Rinvelt
駄目人間

I agree with you that we don't know enough about what happens outside the school and the consequences.

But that's normal, the novel is from Ayanokouji's point of view (few passages aside) so we only know what he sees, hears, and thinks.

It's a convenient excuse the author can use to not tell things like that and still make the story continue without problem.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 03:51   Link #4302
LG-MAX 2.o

I tried to read the volume in Chinese. More specifically the conversation between Kiyopon and Hirata.

And if possible, I'd like someone who read Volume 11 to explain two things to me.

Was there really a parallel between Hirata and Kiyopon with Karuizawa and Kiyopon in vol 4? I mean, Kiyopon throws in Hirata a menacing look that shows the darkness that Kiyopon hides within himself and makes Hirata scared?

If I understood correctly, I liked this parallel.

Another question is whether Hirata actually said that was so strong when Sudo and Ryueen.

Besides, I think I understand the general idea of the conversation.

Thanks if anyone can answer these questions.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 10:52   Link #4303
pervypig

Spoiler:
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 14:23   Link #4304
Ichinotachi

^Looks like someone is reading a different LN or just have a serious BS against Kei.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-03, 19:40   Link #4305
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Spoiler:
Thanks for answering. I understand that the two scenes are different, but does not mean that there can be no similarities, just as in that same volume Horikita makes a dinner for Kiyopon and he feels a dejavu with what happened in the first volume.

Until now it was only Kei who had witnessed the darkness inside Kiyotaka, I found it interesting Kiyopon to share it with Hirata.
Old 2019-07-05, 02:23   Link #4306
pervypig

^^ I actually like Kei more with the recent chapters, but my opinion of Cold-B's still on the level of Light Yagami.

As for tat near-rape comment, I dare you say that it doesn't look like a fake-rape with him "forcing Kei against the wall, grabbing her chin to face him and even stroking his finger against her lap..."
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 05:36   Link #4307
kuudererules

From MF Bunko J summer fest

Images
Suzune as knight
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 12:37   Link #4308
tsunade666

where's Kei's?
Old 2019-07-12, 16:09   Link #4309
LG-MAX 2.o

New part out.

Honami and Kiyopon are so cute together.
Old 2019-07-13, 03:06   Link #4310
tsunade666

lol, true. Honami brings the smiles around him. While my favorite pair is with Kei. I can't say I disliked the pairing with Honami.
Old 2019-07-14, 18:55   Link #4311
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Finally finished reading vol 9. It took WAY longer than I thought it would. Life hasn't just been throwing me lemons lately, it seems I've been getting pelted with entire lemon trees... Anyway, vol 9 was quite a good read. Definitely a lot better than vol 8 and I rate it quite highly. I'd defo put it in the top 5 of all the vols I've read so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
If I were to rank each volume I've read so far, it'd go like: 7, 7.5, 4, 3, 6, 5, 4.5, 8, 2, 1 in that order tbh.
Now, my ranking of the volumes goes something like: 7, 7.5, 9, 4, 3, 6, 5, 4.5, 8, 2, 1. Volumes 9 and 4 are more or less ranked equally. So despite the fact that I placed 9 ahead of 4, their positions can freely be switched around tbh.

I've not much to complain about as I was mostly satisfied with how the developments were handled and resolved. The only complaints I have are:

1. The pacing of the final act (when 50% reveals the moves he made behind the scenes) is a little inconsistent. For about 4/5 of the story, the pacing was rather steady and progressed in such a way that readers could go at their own pace, but once we enter the final act and 50% begins divulging the various steps to the plan he set in motion, the pacing picks up and gets noticeably faster. I can't exactly put it into words, but it feels like the author just wanted to hurry and get it over with. That's how I'd describe the final act. I don't exactly mean for it to sound like an insult or anything, but that's the best way I can phrase it at the present time.

2. You also notice these unnatural breaks or gaps when reading that sometimes momentarily disrupt your flow when you encounter them. Granted, these breaks/gaps are addressed when 50% reveals his cards in the final act, so everything automatically falls into place. Still, these breaks/gaps are much more noticeable/apparent in this volume than in previous volumes (basically, the transitions weren't as smooth as they normally are).

Aside from those, I've nothing to really complain about or criticize with regard to the contents of the rest of the volume or the characters.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2019-07-14 at 19:39. Reason: Grammar and sentence structure
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 02:46   Link #4312
tsunade666

I also felt that volume 9 could be further stretch because I also agree with you that the resolution comes fast. I feel that the later part felt more of a summary than an act.

I feel that some scenes are edited to make it shorter and some scenes are shafted. Especially the end part where Kiyo made a declaration to Honami. Its not that strong compare to volume 7, when Kiyo starts trashing on the roof scene.

I just feel that, the volume could be longer but its probably contained by the maximum page limit. I don't know, horizon is an encyclopedia but it still sold in the market as light novel. Thicker pages are fine for me.
Old 2019-07-16, 06:43   Link #4313
Cinnamon

Vol 9 is by far the shortest volume in terms of page count so the maximum page limit argument doesn't quite fit, does it? The author does say his back hurts during the afterwords and that his health has worsened during writing vol 9 so maybe that's why he cut it short?
Old 2019-07-16, 20:38   Link #4314
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Good to know I wasn't the only one who felt that way about the final act. It really was rather rushed imo as it felt like the author never really gave me a chance to sit down and digest what I just read. As soon as 50% reveals one step of his plan, the focus almost immediately shifts to the next step, so I kept feeling like I was being hurried along. That's not to say it's so bad that it hurts my overall opinion of the volume, it's just that when reveals of this nature took place in previous volumes, they were handled much better and transitions between each step were smoother/more natural.

Also, because of this faster pacing, like I said previously, the (intentional) breaks/gaps in the writing were more noticeable than usual this time round. That's the author's style after all as he'll foreshadow or purposely omit details and reveals them later, usually during the final act, epilogue or short/side stories. In this case, I tended to notice them due to the fact that some of these breaks were abrupt and that abruptness would momentarily break my immersion as I was reading.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 14:57   Link #4315
tsunade666

to those who are reading volume 10.

love the interaction between kiyopon and honami.
Old 2019-07-21, 16:20   Link #4316
LG-MAX 2.o

Personally I think the relationship with Sakayanagi is not far behind
Old 2019-07-21, 17:34   Link #4317
tsunade666

there is indeed certain spice when akumanokouji talks with arisu but I'm waiting for volume 11 for more little girl. right now, I'm enjoying the fun pursuit of honami。
Old 2019-07-21, 21:28   Link #4318
Miso

Well Honami just started to have feelings for him so she is not really far ahead of girls who are still at the starting line, still though she is at least trying to get closer to him. Actually does she even know she is in love. I know she used a parfume in V11, but is she aware of her feelings? Or is V11.5 be the time we get the realization scene. And for Arisu I don't really see her as a love interest. At least from summaries she didn't seem interested in a romantic way.
Miso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-21, 22:34   Link #4319
Lancelot

Speaking of volume 11.5 ... I wonder if the girl on the cover will be Arisu or Honami. I guess it's going to be Honami, but... Who knows.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-22, 09:23   Link #4320
GPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso View Post
Actually does she even know she is in love. I know she used a parfume in V11, but is she aware of her feelings?
It's not just any perfume, it has a citrus scent.

The Japanese flower language for citrus(lemon) is:
  • heartfelt yearning
  • sincere love
  • zest

I would say it's safe to say she's pretty aware of her own feelings

Last edited by GPMS; 2019-07-22 at 09:53.
GPMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller