AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-01-29, 01:35   Link #4341
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I am reminded of when, early on, Eva explained to Touta how both his and Karin's immortalities were perfect, and immediately shipped them together, suggesting they could one day be the only two beings left alive on Earth. Now why would she say that when her own immortality should be every bit as much perfect as, if not more perfect than Touta's? Not only are they both immortal for the same reasons (shinso), but hers is presumably more pure, given that she is closer to whatever the source of their vampirism is, and he is an imperfect, created being.

It's because she doesn't plan on living forever. Negi's immortality is not perfect. He is going to die some day, MotB or not, and she doesn't plan on sticking around forever after he leaves.

Remember, given that there is no evidence that Touta's and Kitty's meeting created an alternate timeline, we should assume this is all taking place, to her perception, after she initially fell for Touta way back when in Dana's palace. She still loves him, but she fell for another. It happens.

Of course, things could change in the future, but that certainly seems to be her feelings at the present time, whether people like it or not.

This is why I actively don't ship. Causes unnecessary bias, and that clouds the perception of the story.

Exactly. She was talking about Negi.
To be fair, unlike Eva, Touta's immortality isn't just caused by his vampire power but also the way he was created, he was meant to become an ultimate bio-weapon after all. We know he's already possessed Magia Ereba since birth, who knows what else they mixed in his body? So there's a high chance his immortality is actually superior to Eva.
Old 2016-01-29, 02:22   Link #4342
Homura7

If Touta's immortality is above Eva's, isn't the same for Karin?

I get reminded of that time when Eva said she and Touta would be the only immortals to remain.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 04:49   Link #4343
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
If Touta's immortality is above Eva's, isn't the same for Karin?

I get reminded of that time when Eva said she and Touta would be the only immortals to remain.
Yes, Karin's immortality is definitely above them, it is ranked S while theirs are only A- (Touta's may change due to his special circumstance).
Old 2016-01-29, 05:20   Link #4344
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Kuroumaru has to become an actual girl first. I'm only okay with it, even after he/she does become a girl, if Akamatsu goes the Harem Route. If it's OTP, then it's gotta be Eva.
Kuroumaru seem to already have their mind set on being a boy. I don't see how that is a problem.
Old 2016-01-29, 05:24   Link #4345
Malicre

After the way eva acted last chapter i would actually prefer a Karin x Touta ending now.

Last edited by Malicre; 2016-01-29 at 05:36.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 05:58   Link #4346
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
After the way eva acted last chapter i would actually prefer a Karin x Touta ending now.
He will have to beat Jesus then.
Old 2016-01-29, 07:55   Link #4347
Homura7

We've already discussed this. Right now it all depends of Negi's answer, but... if it turns out the one woman he ever loved is Eva, then rest assured Negi's going to return her feelings.

And if that happens Touta is going to just have to acknowledge it and move on. Though by the time this happens it would be odd if he hasn't made it with another woman.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-29, 08:59   Link #4348
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
We've already discussed this. Right now it all depends of Negi's answer, but... if it turns out the one woman he ever loved is Eva, then rest assured Negi's going to return her feelings.

And if that happens Touta is going to just have to acknowledge it and move on. Though by the time this happens it would be odd if he hasn't made it with another woman.
The only thing that indicated Negi and Eva can actually enter a romantic relationship is a mere line said by Eva this chapter. Throughout the entire Negima, they canonically had a master-student relationship. I fail to see how it outweighs all of Touta and Eva's developments in UQH to the point that their future relationship completely depends on Negi's answer. Let's get real, Eva only said said one line then kissed another guy right after and Negi's fans already think she loves him to death, she will dismiss all other guys, including the one she kissed if he returns her feeling. That's not how it work. Even if in a rare chance Negi somehow turns out to love Eva, it just means we will have a love triangle drama instead of an auto-win for him.
Old 2016-01-29, 11:43   Link #4349
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
The only thing that indicated Negi and Eva can actually enter a romantic relationship is a mere line said by Eva this chapter. Throughout the entire Negima, they canonically had a master-student relationship. I fail to see how it outweighs all of Touta and Eva's developments in UQH to the point that their future relationship completely depends on Negi's answer. Let's get real, Eva only said said one line then kissed another guy right after and Negi's fans already think she loves him to death, she will dismiss all other guys, including the one she kissed if he returns her feeling. That's not how it work. Even if in a rare chance Negi somehow turns out to love Eva, it just means we will have a love triangle drama instead of an auto-win for him.
You know... she could have always had feelings for Negi because he reminded her of Nagi, but was just more responsible. She could have just been denying it for herself. It's sort of hard to tell these things... Though you are probably right about the love-triangle thing. Also, this should be called Evangeline because this sequel is clearly about her first and foremost.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 02:50   Link #4350
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I don't know. I've never been as dialed in on the "romance" of Ken's works, not since Love Hina at least (Mutsumi got the shaft in that one, and not in the good way...), but I've always felt that Touta x Eva was forced.

At least with Negi x Eva, it was always pretty obvious she was attracted to him once he beat her the first time, and he was always particularly nervous when she had ecchi scenes with him (although that might have been because with her it never felt as "innocent" as when it happened with the other girls). And not for nothing, but they were (are?) roughly the same physical age, which is important to some people, and does in some respect make them relatable to each other. And then we have the decades of development between them that we missed between the end of Negima (in whichever timeline that was) and the last battle with the MotB, but that we know was there.

With Eva and Touta, she raised him for a few years, then she took him to Tokyo and basically ignored him for a while, until someone suggested he was a Mother-con, and then Dana told him he would teach her how to love, and now all of a sudden he decided he was in love with her (though he does say that a lot) and they're an OTP? Yeah, I know I'm glossing a bit, but not much. Sorry, but I'm not buying it. Kirië and Kuroumaru/ko have had more genuine romantic development with him.
Old 2016-01-30, 03:22   Link #4351
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I don't know. I've never been as dialed in on the "romance" of Ken's works, not since Love Hina at least (Mutsumi got the shaft in that one, and not in the good way...), but I've always felt that Touta x Eva was forced.

At least with Negi x Eva, it was always pretty obvious she was attracted to him once he beat her the first time, and he was always particularly nervous when she had ecchi scenes with him (although that might have been because with her it never felt as "innocent" as when it happened with the other girls). And not for nothing, but they were (are?) roughly the same physical age, which is important to some people, and does in some respect make them relatable to each other. And then we have the decades of development between them that we missed between the end of Negima (in whichever timeline that was) and the last battle with the MotB, but that we know was there.

With Eva and Touta, she raised him for a few years, then she took him to Tokyo and basically ignored him for a while, until someone suggested he was a Mother-con, and then Dana told him he would teach her how to love, and now all of a sudden he decided he was in love with her (though he does say that a lot) and they're an OTP? Yeah, I know I'm glossing a bit, but not much. Sorry, but I'm not buying it. Kirië and Kuroumaru/ko have had more genuine romantic development with him.
Well, I think him liking Eva isn't very weird. I think the idea of her liking him is different. I don't imagine her liking him being a thing. She's seen too much, been to too many places. He has so little experience in comparison. He's inferior to his grandfather and great grandfather in like every way. She did grow very attached to him in the paternal sense, but I doubt that it was true in any other way.

Also, as far as mother-con goes, I don't think that works. She's not his mother. She was his teacher... and he fell in love with her younger self. I'm not sure what to think about it really... :/

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 08:50   Link #4352
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Also, as far as mother-con goes, I don't think that works. She's not his mother. She was his teacher... and he fell in love with her younger self. I'm not sure what to think about it really... :/
As far as dynamics go Touta is a gender bent Asuna. Even Eva commented Asuna is much like Nagi.

Thus we can draw parallels between Takahata and Eva.

Difference is Asuna entrusted her first love to another woman when she was going to sleep.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 10:36   Link #4353
OmegaWeaponZ

Speaking of Asuna, does she have a sort of pseudo immortality or just longevity? I mean, i find it strange for her to be able to live throughout those years, even while asleep(except if its a sort of chronostasis). If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the fact of her long life mentioned, or at least, alluded to in Negima? Was always wondering about that...
Old 2016-01-30, 15:41   Link #4354
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Guys, Eva kissed Touta; I'm not sure she'd kiss him if she didn't have feelings for him. And remember what she said to herself after he left when she'd rejected him? She said he's 400 years late, while blushing. She fell for him during the time in the Rift, and when she was with Nagi, she saw Touta in him. Same for whens she was with Negi. She did also fall for Negi, though, apparently.

And I think there's a chance that Negi might let Touta be with her, even if he does love her. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but being his grandfather, there's a chance he might sympathize with him.

As for Asuna, I'm not sure if she's immortal or not. It's kind of vague. She's only been said to have the ability to go into sleep where she's in stasis, on top of he highly potent Magic Cancel ability.
Old 2016-01-30, 18:20   Link #4355
kagato3

Still going for her "love" of Negi is her being a troll to Touta as they were having a rather intimate moment where she was telling him that what she had done with him was not because of obligation to his grandfather and admitting she does have feelings for him all be it in a roundabout way blushing the whole time. Then he asks if she loves Nagi and Negi and then she goes full troll just look at her smirk after he asked while I don't doubt she cares about Negi I doubt the two have romantic feelings for each other.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 19:55   Link #4356
Kazu-kun

^ Touta asked about her feelings for both Negi and Nagi. But Eva's answer was specific about Negi. That's why I don't think she was trolling. He's the one she loves.
Old 2016-01-31, 02:04   Link #4357
Tenzen12

Eva being troll is the even less likely than her not having romantic feelings for Touta at all. She just said, that because Negi trapped she can't decide between them and it would be unfair have him wait for answer.
Old 2016-01-31, 14:28   Link #4358
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. All she said was that she is still loves Negi and that she can't move on until they've saved him. Plus, she kissed Touta. Mouth to mouth. I doubt she'd have done that if she didn't have feelings for him. So long story short: She just can't move on from Negi right now, but she does also have feeling for Touta.
Old 2016-02-02, 06:41   Link #4359
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Speaking of Asuna, does she have a sort of pseudo immortality or just longevity? I mean, i find it strange for her to be able to live throughout those years, even while asleep(except if its a sort of chronostasis). If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the fact of her long life mentioned, or at least, alluded to in Negima? Was always wondering about that...
Chronostasis. She ages not at all between being put into stasis and waking up in the Asuna Sleeping timeline in Negima, yet she ages real-time before then, going back to when Nagi freed her. Before then she had lived for centuries, only being taken out to be "used", then being put right back into stasis. Given her apparent age when Nagi freed her, she probably only was "out and about" for a few months to a couple years total between the first time they froze her and meeting Nagi.
Old 2016-02-02, 07:11   Link #4360
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yep. I can totally see that being the case, myself. It makes the most sense here. And it's really cruel what they did to her, too, those jerks.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love