AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-12-02, 11:03   Link #4341
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
That is not a very healthy way of thinking. I mean, does one guy should love the girl back just because the girl put more effort to win him over despite that the girl is not the type that the guy likes or have feeling with her.

It is like saying that the princess should marry the hero who saved her from the demon lord despite that she already has someone she liked or a fiance just because the hero put more effort and risk his life to save her.
That example you gave does not represent in any way what I am saying.

It even more unhealthy to base your relationship and identity around having made a promise with someone you met for a few hour one time in the past. Especially is it has been shown that making that promise has been more of a curse than a blessing at every turn for you.

I didn't just say that someone should win just because of effort but it doesn't hurt if that effort is rewarded over the person that does nothing to change anything. If you go back to read my past posts I have also mentioned character development which is meant to signify a sign of growth, something that Yotsuba is seriously still lacking when compared to her other sisters.

Ichika got development, not in a good way but she did, Nino got development, that was a bit too rushed for my taste, but she did and Miku and even Itsuki also are clearly not the same characters they were from the beginning, meanwhile, Yotsuba hasn't changed from chapter 1, she is even still making the same mistakes her sister helped her with back in Seven Goodbyes.

Why should a character that hasn't grown up or put any proper effort into something for herself just win from nowhere? What about the ones we have seen struggle that have been moving the plot forward, should they just be cast a side so that the one character can get the easy win? Yotsiba "winning" signifies that any effort you make towards creating a relationship, towards becoming a better person doesn't matter because all you have to do is hang around doing nothing and you will just reap the benefits.

We like to talk about first girl being poison for series like this, but promised girls are also just as bad as first girls, like I said in another post, Nisekoi is a good example of how promised girl doesn't matter over the one that actually tried and changed as a character.

Spoiler for Nisekoi spoilers:

Also, we don't know and have never known the "type" of girl Fuutarou likes, your using that sentence is a clear trap to block someone from giving a proper answer. Since we don't know his type then any or all of them could be his type, this is a bad way to simplify the parts it takes to build a relationship, just having a "type" isn't enough.

Of course, things could change in the next few chapters, although I doubt it since I don't trust Japanese writers.

P.S. I don't understand this sentiment that "she wanted to be near him and flirt with him therefore she is became a bad character mentality, when you like someone don't you WANT to be near them? Don't you WANT them to notice you so you will try your best to get their attention? I seriously don't understand it.
Old 2019-12-02, 11:08   Link #4342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
If you look at it this way, all through-out the series Yotsuba has been in love with Fuutarou but has pushed her feelings aside for her sisters' sake. As she not only doesn't want to be the only one that's special but she doesn't feel like she deserves it after failing to keep her promise to him. In her festival side story she decided to fully depart from her feelings and the fact she was at the bonfire and not in her room shows, she never in a million years expected to be the one chosen.
For me her going to the bonfire is just a cheap way to make her look more pitiful in readers' eyes so they think she deserves to win and more accepting of her.

In her second chapter she left the past behind because it didn't matter.. There was no reason not to make her have a proper kiss and confess her feelings. Everything was already in place and Fuutarou already chose her at that point.
Instead we got that half assed kiss and a double spread of her crying to,again make the readers feel bad for her.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 11:09   Link #4343
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's because it doesn't follow any rules in RL, we read fiction where it should.
Even if does not everyone will like.
A work might make fans like heroine B but it doesn't matter if MC doesn't likes A and instead likes heroine A in the universe of said work.
Old 2019-12-02, 11:12   Link #4344

And that's why the author should properly show how,when and why the MC has fallen for heroine A.
Old 2019-12-02, 11:13   Link #4345

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
And that's why the author should properly show how,when and why the MC has fallen for the heroine A.
We have at the very least one volume left so Negi can easily cover that.
1001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 11:23   Link #4346
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yotsuba has been actively shooting herself in the foot.
Now even she will have a hard time believing she of all quints won
Old 2019-12-02, 11:32   Link #4347
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
That example you gave does not represent in any way what I am saying.

It even more unhealthy to base your relationship and identity around having made a promise with someone you met for a few hour one time in the past. Especially is it has been shown that making that promise has been more of a curse than a blessing at every turn for you.
The point is the relationship only works if both sides agree with it. Fuu like Yotsuba, and Yotsuba like Fuu, thus they became a couple. Miku/Nino can throw herself as much as she can on Fuu but as long as Fuu doesn't see her as a love interest, it is for naught. Miku/Nino is not entitled to win just because she puts more effort than others.

Also, Fuu may like Yotsuba now not because she is "Kyoto Girl of the past", but he just like her at present.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 12:09   Link #4348
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
And that's why the author should properly show how,when and why the MC has fallen for heroine A.
We still have one more volume, could be used to cover event from Fuutarou's respective unless Nagi bait and switch again.

The only other possible choice at this point anyway is Itsuki, who is yet to actually shows interest in Fuutarou himself.

I will buy all 14 volumes if Fuutarou confess to Itsuki and get rejected tho
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 12:23   Link #4349
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
That is not a very healthy way of thinking. I mean, does one guy should love the girl back just because the girl put more effort to win him over despite that the girl is not the type that the guy likes or have feeling with her.

It is like saying that the princess should marry the hero who saved her from the demon lord despite that she already has someone she liked or a fiance just because the hero put more effort and risk his life to save her.
Of course it's healthy and yes guy falling girl that tries hardest would be ideal. Possibility of girl/guy not being his/her type despite obvious efforts and sacrifices is evidence of imperfection in RL. In ideal world effort and good deeds would be rewarded and mistakes and selfish deeds punished in every every aspect of life. Love included.

Also you are moving goalpost here. In such story princess wouldn't have fiance, fiance would be asshole or her feeling toward him would be superficial. No one want hear about hero who put lot of effort and risked his life just to get cucked in the end. It might be realistic, but you should expect huge backlash if someone got invested in that story.

On that note Hero should actually get together with female knight who fought by his side whole time and have princess pay for wedding as reward for saving her, then princess would be free to do whatever she wants.
Old 2019-12-02, 12:25   Link #4350
Lex79

At this point, Itsuki can only be used for cheap drama, by instilling the doubt that Fuutarou actually fell for Rena and he's mistaking her for the real Kyoto girl/Yotsuba. This could have worked under different circumstances, but now I can't see any way for Negi to opt out from a Yotsuba ending.
Old 2019-12-02, 12:59   Link #4351

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001010 View Post
We have at the very least one volume left so Negi can easily cover that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
We still have one more volume, could be used to cover event from Fuutarou's respective unless Nagi bait and switch again.
The problem is that it's still a cheap way of doing it.
"I'll make the MC show no interest in any of the girls for 112 chapters and then show his secret thoughts in a flashback!"
A much better way would be to show the two of them gradually getting closer together (instead of whatever the hell this arc was), but then of course you wouldn't be able to keep up the mystery to string along 4/5 of the fanbase
Old 2019-12-02, 14:02   Link #4352
WingedAccelerator

I feel like at this point it will be revealed that Fuutarou was in love with Yotsuba ever since her fake confession. (BTW, you could add this bit to the "Yotsuba is the secret snake" stash, since she knew Miku also liked him, but kept saying her food was inedible, until Miku has left and after all of them were gone, she confessed to Fuutarou.)

When Fuutarou said he can't ridicule sincere feelings anymore, if he took Yotsuba's confession into consideration, maybe how the others acted also started to push him into accepting that he likes her. Of course, the obvious garbage with this is that Fuutarou had no problem discussing romantic stuff with Yotsuba when it was about her rivals, but he had no guts to tell her that she feels no particular feelings for any of them. The bus talk about Miku would be especially tactless.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 14:44   Link #4353
devil_slayer

Sooooo, is no one gonna discuss the possibility of Yostuba being in the wrong room? It seems she forgot something and Fuutarou just banged in at the time. It could be Itsuki's room.

That would mean Fuutaoru STILL can't separate them which is ridiculous this late into the story tho.

Personally I find pretty cruel of Nagi if goes the bait route, Yotsuba has already given up and moved on and made many sacrifices for her sisters so giving him hope after she abandoned it only to crush it again is way too cruel
Old 2019-12-02, 14:54   Link #4354
WingedAccelerator

Give up. Fuutarou knows that Yotsuba went to the infirmary that day. He smiles that she set up the rest area for the students. The orange juice, the karaage ticket are also there. He went there on purpose 100%.
Old 2019-12-02, 14:56   Link #4355
devil_slayer

Oh damn....

So this is it really? I just feel it's too early to announce the winner unless the author spend the next like 5-6 chapters retelling everything from Fuutarou respective
Old 2019-12-02, 15:21   Link #4356
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Now that we know the results let's focus on the number of chapters left.

Option 1: 2 (longer final volume)
Option 2: 9 (1 volume - ends in the 4th/5th week of Season 2)
Option 3: 18 (2 volumes - ends with season 2, simultaneously (±1 week) and very likely from the business point of view)
Option 4: 27 (3 volumes - ends a couple of months after the anime has completed - totally, absolutely stretching it to the point we forget that this manga ever existed)
Option 5: Let's not even go there.

My vote is for 9 more chapters. Anyone else?
Old 2019-12-02, 15:35   Link #4357
devil_slayer

The anime already gave it the boost it needs. It's not out of the realm of possibility for the manga to end before the anime finishes and he doesn't have that many story contents to put to make full use of the anime.
Old 2019-12-02, 16:53   Link #4358
Chosen_Hero

You know, this decision (if it sticks) would be much more acceptable is instead of the flashback arc we had gotten a proper Yotsuba arc during the time when the older 3 where confessing (only the older 3 did so, the other two did nothing, as others mentioned, Yotsuba fake confessed but that was way before Fuutarou was anywhere near interested in this kind of thing, something that was adamantly stated over and over about him) where she had realized that she liked the current Fuutarou NOT because of the past, but because she got to know the current Fuutarou and then she had her proper confession chapter like the others.

Sadly we got the flashback arc that did more damage to her character than help with how that experience negatively affected her personality growing up (notice how she goes from one extreme end of her personality to the other), which is evidenced by the fact that she just went to the hospital because of the SAME EXACT PROBLEM THAT HER SISTERS TRIED TO HELP HER FIX BACK DURING SEVEN GOOD-BYES (that being helpful or wanting to be helpful to an unhealthy degree, it got her into trouble before and just recently got her hospitalized).

Of course, there could be a twist at some point in the next few chapters and all of this be turned into worthless dribble, but still, it needs to be mentioned.
Old 2019-12-02, 17:10   Link #4359
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^was he entirely disinterested though? Wasn't he grinning ear to ear thinking he was getting confessed on the rooftop only to find Miku's weird fetish (which has been forgotten to oblivion). Negi also started forgetting to make sure Nino having longer nails and colouring her nails, which were her distinctive features etc.

There are a lot of inconsistencies in this manga and the characters. I was blaming Bokuben for zero progression but that one doesn't have many inconsistencies on how the characters behave. The reset button is used a lot in bokuben but the characters don't show as much inconsistencies as in this one.
Old 2019-12-02, 17:18   Link #4360
WingedAccelerator

He was grinning, but given what he was about to say there, he planned on saying they have exams, so dating should be a no. The same thing he says this chapter, but positive about it and doesn't fully cares about the exams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
My vote is for 9 more chapters. Anyone else?
Final chapters tend to be longer, so it could be only 7 chapters, who knows.
Not sure to be honest. Now that he picked someone that needs serious explanation, my guess about a mirror flashback arc to Fuutarou compared to Yotsuba's is almost certain. I also think all of the other girls will at least get one last chapter centered around them. Fuutarou also promised all of them will graduate with smiles on their faces, if Negi still cares, so a mini fallout is also possible to happen before making that promise a reality. Some dating moments with Yotsuba and Fuutarou, the remaining career pathes, facing Papa Nakano with the wedding. 18+ chapters seems more likely, but like I said, only if Negi cares.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck