AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-22, 06:41   Link #43841
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Which axe?

Fire axe should be easy for her
Old 2013-05-22, 06:44   Link #43842
Eratas123

Really? I thought that was the biggest?
Old 2013-05-22, 07:08   Link #43843
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Certainly not a two sided battle axe
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 07:12   Link #43844
Eratas123

What, a viking axe?
Old 2013-05-22, 07:13   Link #43845
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Laura with a viking axe... and bikini armor... oh god.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:24   Link #43846
Eratas123

Yeah, but there's nothing there to see:/
Old 2013-05-22, 07:31   Link #43847
demino_hellsin
That one guy

sh... it's the principle of it all. XD
Old 2013-05-22, 07:33   Link #43848
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The largest axe these days is ye old lumber chopper

Back then, decorative 'battle axe' can weight like 30 kg*

* despite what people always said, handheld tools are lighter than they think because of leverage required
Old 2013-05-22, 07:50   Link #43849
Eratas123

Alright, honesty time again: Does Laura look sexually appealing at all? In a 2-d kind of way, I mean.

Side note - Lots of guests:/ Guess Season 2 news is bringing people in,
Old 2013-05-22, 07:53   Link #43850
HasuMasu
*Artist

She has her moments.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:59   Link #43851
Eratas123

I meant appearance wise:/ This is also for a college paper I plan to do for psyche: Which qualities men find attractive.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:02   Link #43852
HasuMasu
*Artist

Yes, she does have her moments.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:06   Link #43853
Eratas123

....How the hell does she have "moments" of physical attractiveness? Its not like she changes face.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:08   Link #43854
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Laura is there for loli-Err, I mean younger crowd, I mean the target demographic is what? 8-15 years, that is.

Honest answer: no, I don't find her sexually appealing at all, cute and physically attractive maybe.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:19   Link #43855
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For that type of chara, it's less about the body and more about personal fulfillment. No, tapping her isn't the way to give that fulfillment. It's kind of like how a guy wants to be relied on. In a way it's a man's pride or something. Laura's body type usually brings about that type of thought. Innocence, fragility, like a precious crystal or doll. It's not always a sexual attraction but it's still attraction. Possessive? Emotional? Each person has their own spin on it but that's the gist as far as my analysis goes.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:20   Link #43856
Eratas123

Alright, lets flip it around: Tatenashi or Kanzashi, which one is more attractive to you guys?

@ Demi - I know about that kind of attraction, and no doubt many otaku's feel that way in regards to their anime crushes.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:25   Link #43857
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...you all know my stance on this.

But I will give it to Laura - she did turn pretty cute. The Germany-France duo is a formidable one indeed.

As for attractiveness, it has to deal more with the confidence the woman has in her own body and how she presents it. Now, there are certain body types that men find sexually attractive with little regard to what sort of clothes the women wear, but that also goes to cultural and personal tastes. I prefer sensuality over sexuality, but that's my thing.

As the sisters... neither.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:37   Link #43858
HasuMasu
*Artist

Can't I have both of them? Ichika does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
....How the hell does she have "moments" of physical attractiveness? Its not like she changes face.
I'm not sure you should be writing a paper in this subject, then.

We're not shape-shifters, but do we look the same at all times? Is an attractive person attractive at all times? The answer to both is no, then what constitutes attractive person?

Consider this, do you think you are good-looking? Let's assume you do, then, would you look good no matter what you wore, no matter the hairstyle, no matter your grooming, and no matter how you carried yourself? The answer is again no, then, how do we determine if one is attractive?

In the first place, people are not attractive to the same things, therefore we must not assign specific traits the value of attractiveness.

Then if we cannot determine this with a specific list of traits, how do we determine if a person is attractive?

The problem lies in the assumption that 'people' are attractive. A 'person' is not attractive so much as they appear to be attractive.

Then going back to the main question, what of determining attractive value? A person is attractive at any given time when the person that is judging their attractive value at that certain time finds attraction in the way that person is presented at that time.

For example, Subject A is deemed attractive by Subject B. However, Subject B did not find Subject A particularly attractive when they first met. Subject A did not change in any way between the time they met and the time Subject B judged them as attractive. How is this possible?

It is well within the realm of possibility for Subject A to have initially presented themself in such a way that Subject B id not find particularly attractive. However, Subject A later presented themself at a different time in such a way that Subject B did find attractive.

To give an example, I personally think I look much better clean-shaved than growing out my beard/mustache. Shaving is hardly on the level of plastic surgery for example or even make-up which is very ordinary, and yet it makes enough of a difference to warrant a change in the value judgement of attraction.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:43   Link #43859
Eratas123

@ Box - Dude, I'm doing a paper on Physical TRAITS that people find attractive: Not personality, not mentality, not behavior. Hence why I asked if people found her SEXUALLY attractive. If I asked if people found her 'attractive' in a broad sense then that paper would be thrown out for being too vague. This has nothing to do with her clothes or how she presents herself: Did you find her BODY, as in birthday suit and all, to be attractive. Outside factors like clothes, perfume, swagger, are not counted.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:52   Link #43860
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm throwing my best guess

Cecilia is my ideal girl, physically wise. I'm not talking about T&A, I meant look at that hair, nicely done, handywork of throwing money and wasting time for the sake of perfection.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest