3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-11, 16:01   Link #421
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Welcome to internet debating, where the only winners are idiots. Am I right?
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:07   Link #422
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
...Sorry, are you blind?

You're not even fucking bothering to read what I'm typing and spouting hatred instead, aren't you? A one-sided opinion?

That's called bias.

Plus, a baby doesn't know to to use a goddamn KMF, does it? Point is null and void.
Congragulations you where able to debunk my joke

One thing about writing is that you do not use informed ability

Since you don't know informed abilitiy I will tell you what it is. Its when the author tells us something instead of showing us

"Dorothea and Monica are elite pilots and are one of the best in Britannia"

When they actually show up they are killed in seconds showing us that they are anything but elite.

A famous similar example is Mai from Yu-gi-oh!, in the manga Mai loses every match she's ever in, and at no point in time do we ever believe that she's some elite duelist. All the matches she wins are shown off screen against people we have never seen before.

I don't care what excuses you have, you don't do it, I expect the greatest anime ever to have better writing than a merchandise driven shonen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Welcome to internet debating, where the only winners are idiots. Am I right?
Basically, your right
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:13   Link #423
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Ah, life is so much easier if you don't care about mechas.
Not that I had time to care about those things even if I wanted to. Lelouch, Suzaku and Clovis won't let me stop obsessing over them, after all.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:18   Link #424
NyxOne

I am perfectly aware of IA.

And you seem to totally conveniently forget, again, that Monica and Dorothea couldn't do anything good in the first place because they had crappy Frames due to in-universe circumstances.

You want lazy combat, look at Victory Gundam. What, did you honestly expect that two pilots, no matter what the hell their status was, could do anything in:

a) Fifth-gens.

And against:

b) Suzaku? The, oh, best pilot in the show tied with Kallen?
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:24   Link #425
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
gillford can match toudo in his gloceter in season 1 (while toudo is either piloting a costume gekka or a burai-kai
after he gets his zangetsu he can fight xing-ke on equal grounds
gino can also fight xing-ke on equal grounds
meaning that
gino=toudo=gilford=xing-ke
and since xing-ke was less then a match for bismark then its
bismark>gino=toudo=gilford=xing-ke
the four holy blades= glaston knights (more or less)
thats piloting skill based not only on frame (as the season one gilford vs toudo show) but on skill of pilots
now notice this
suzaku fights off toudo and four other gekka's (four holy blades) in season 1 in his original lancelot (the guren is also there but isnt part of the fight once suzaku's ID is exposed)
kallen beats gillford+glaston knights+gino+anya in the guren kasoshiki (not the hax SEITEN) in season2
at that point all these machines are about on par with each other (aside from teh MP models which naturally are weaker)
later on
suzaku beats bismark+gino+2 KOR (in mook machines) + some mooks (who dont count really) in his new albion which is a hax machine (bismarks geass gives him an edge until suzaku's geass command kicks in)
kallen beats luciano (who im guessing is on par with gino)+ the valkyrie squad+ suzaku (easily, despite them being equal in skill) becouse she has the SEITEN which is also a hax machine
and finally kallen and suzaku fight to a standstill becouse their skill and machines are pretty much on the same level (the diference in the specs of the guren is balanced by suzaku's geass order)
both suzaku and kallen are simply a level above all the other pilots
so if you stick suzaku in a 9th gen machine and pit him against lesser pilots in mook machines then naturalyl they would get crashed
its basic logic
better pilot in better machine wins
Old 2008-11-11, 16:42   Link #426
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its basic logic
better pilot in better machine wins
I understand that now understand this

Its lazy writing

It's clear that Taniguchi, and Okouchi didn't want to write an actual mecha battle, and had created too many KoR so two of them go out in mook mechas and are killed in seconds (bringing up Informed Ability) than Bismarck is defeated by way of Asspull (Suzaku's geass giving him super abilities). I consider to be the second worst mecha fight ever written (Shinn vs Athrun is easily the worst), at least with most one sided battles you at least get some comedy or it sets up a plot point.

Schneizel being defeated by the same way as Mao (an insane person obsessed with C.C) also is lazy writing simply because it tells us that Lelouch is either so amazingly intelligent that he can simply predict what someone was about to say, or that Schneizel is an obsessed moron like Mao.

I am hard on Code Geass because people called it the best, I was hard on Gurren Lagann too, but that exceeded my expectations.
Old 2008-11-11, 16:46   Link #427
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Schneizel simply didn't think Lelouch would use his Geass on him.
Maybe he forgot about it (which I doubt) or he counted on Lelouch's hate (which is much more likely).
Had Lelouch killed him, then Schneizel would still have won.

And mechas bore me, so I'm glad the fights were always rather quick.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:50   Link #428
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I understand that now understand this

Its lazy writing

It's clear that Taniguchi, and Okouchi didn't want to write an actual mecha battle, and had created too many KoR so two of them go out in mook mechas and are killed in seconds (bringing up Informed Ability) than Bismarck is defeated by way of Asspull (Suzaku's geass giving him super abilities). I consider to be the second worst mecha fight ever written (Shinn vs Athrun is easily the worst), at least with most one sided battles you at least get some comedy or it sets up a plot point.

Schneizel being defeated by the same way as Mao (an insane person obsessed with C.C) also is lazy writing simply because it tells us that Lelouch is either so amazingly intelligent that he can simply predict what someone was about to say, or that Schneizel is an obsessed moron like Mao.

I am hard on Code Geass because people called it the best, I was hard on Gurren Lagann too, but that exceeded my expectations.
while i am with you on the LIVE geass being an asspull and shnizel thing being pathetic
i dont think all the mecha battles in the show were as bad as you make it sound
but have no mistake
i really REALLY do think that the last arc was poor writing
Old 2008-11-11, 17:06   Link #429
Charred Knight

Quote:
while i am with you on the LIVE geass being an asspull and shnizel thing being pathetic
i dont think all the mecha battles in the show were as bad as you make it sound
but have no mistake
i really REALLY do think that the last arc was poor writing
To me the mecha fights where hit or miss sometimes we got a good one (4 swords vs Suzaku) and a lot of times we just got

Hero kills villains in seconds
Old 2008-11-11, 17:20   Link #430
NyxOne

Because the heroes are better.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:26   Link #431
Charred Knight

Quote:
Because the heroes are better.
That solves everything

You hear that everyone instead of having challenging fights just have the good guys steamroll over everyone and then have the fans point out that the Britannians just suck.

Its not like the black knights where an impressive fighting force, all the success was due to like 3 people (Lelouch, Kallen, and Todoh). Hell as soon as Lelouch leaves the entire army falls apart in minutes.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:34   Link #432
NyxOne

The Britannians might have not been Zeon like you wanted them to be, but at least, for the most part, their aces put up a fight, even in the face of overwhelming odds.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:43   Link #433
Charred Knight

Quote:
The Britannians might have not been Zeon like you wanted them to be, but at least, for the most part, their aces put up a fight, even in the face of overwhelming odds.
Dorothea, Monica, and Luciano are your ideas of putting up a fight?

I should also point out that Britannia was supposed to be the dominant force.

This isn't like in Gundam Seed, or MSG where the Federation had no mobile suits for half the war.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:46   Link #434
NyxOne

A dominant force can meet its match.

And I liked Luciano. He was good in Turn 17, and the only foe aside from Suzaku and C.C. to last more than a second or two against the Guren SEITEN, fighting to his last. Commendable.

And again, Dorothea and Monica were stuck in bottom-of-the-barrel Frames against a pilot and unit far superior to them. I digress. But Luciano and Bismarck went down fighting, and that's good enough for me. Monica and Dorothea were simply victims of circumstance.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:51   Link #435
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i actually hate luciano very much and was very happy when kallen put him out of my misery
but i'll give him that much
he put up a fight before dying
Old 2008-11-11, 17:55   Link #436
Charred Knight

Quote:
A dominant force can meet its match.

And I liked Luciano. He was good in Turn 17, and the only foe aside from Suzaku and C.C. to last more than a second or two against the Guren SEITEN, fighting to his last. Commendable.

And again, Dorothea and Monica were stuck in bottom-of-the-barrel Frames against a pilot and unit far superior to them. I digress. But Luciano and Bismarck went down fighting, and that's good enough for me. Monica and Dorothea were simply victims of circumstance.
The problem is that the Black Knights outside of a few people where kind of pathetic. I mean just look at the season finale where Lelouch leaves and the entire fighting force basically gives up.

Also Luciano got killed pretty quickly as well, sure he could take on the Black knights, but as stated the black knights where mostly good at posing. Lelouch, Kallen, Todoh, and the 4 swords where the only actually good pilots the black knights had.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:57   Link #437
NyxOne

He got killed quickly, but, read again, he put up a fight, and was one of the two people to actually do so outright. The most C.C. did was fire missiles and...float around. Suzaku, well, we know what happened.

And it's standard logic that a leaderless organization falls apart.
Old 2008-11-11, 18:06   Link #438
Charred Knight

Quote:
He got killed quickly, but, read again, he put up a fight, and was one of the two people to actually do so outright. The most C.C. did was fire missiles and...float around. Suzaku, well, we know what happened.

And it's standard logic that a leaderless organization falls apart.
That's kind of a crappy definition of put up a fight. Also the fact that you consider a whopping two people capable of putting up a fight proves my point.

They could at least put up a fight and not give up, is Todoh such a crappy leader that he can't even muster a fight.

Just compare them to Mt. Briggs forces in FMA, where they are able to defeat enemies while their leader is in Central.
Old 2008-11-11, 18:13   Link #439
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

luciano used ever weapon he had against kallen and they all got shaved off
the same thing happned with suzaku (in 18) where he just got over whelmed by the machine specs
if suzaku couldnt hold on for more the a few moves what do you expect from luciano
the fight between kallen and suzaku in 25 however did last a few minutes and had both fighters going at it full force from the start
and it was IMO the best KMF battle in the show
there are some really awesome moves you have to look at very slowly to see (like kallen wraping her harkens around the lancelot to draw it in for a punch)
and this is becouse both fighters are equals in more or less equal machines
ither curb stompers are so becouse of the difference in skill and machines
Old 2008-11-11, 18:23   Link #440
Charred Knight

Quote:
luciano used ever weapon he had against kallen and they all got shaved off
the same thing happned with suzaku (in 18) where he just got over whelmed by the machine specs
if suzaku couldnt hold on for more the a few moves what do you expect from luciano
the fight between kallen and suzaku in 25 however did last a few minutes and had both fighters going at it full force from the start
and it was IMO the best KMF battle in the show
there are some really awesome moves you have to look at very slowly to see (like kallen wraping her harkens around the lancelot to draw it in for a punch)
and this is becouse both fighters are equals in more or less equal machines
ither curb stompers are so becouse of the difference in skill and machines
and that to me screams lazyness, I can understand if this is a setup like The Viral and Simon fights where but these bouts simply got rid of characters that where unneeded and where discarded without a thought to how it makes the Britannians look.

I just see a lot of excuses like how the Britannians where not as good as Zeon so I should give them some slack, well why aren't the Britannians as good as Zeon? Shouldn't you aim for the best at all times?

Is Gundam Seed the new bar that all mecha anime should be held too?