Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-04, 17:36   Link #421
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Yeah, I rather see the evil Yuuna in the anime than the new one and the evil one sounds like Acrueid.
just out of curiousity.... are they done by the same seiyuu? (or have my ears lost it as well...)

[*SIGH* probably the latter]
Old 2004-02-04, 22:29   Link #422
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I just watched Episode 15 RAW and.......it was great! Not the best episode, but definitely better than 13 and 14 in my opinion. I'm taking this episode as proof that Maburaho hasn't yet reached its pinnacle Damnit there's so many things I want to say but I don't want to spoil anything.
Old 2004-02-04, 22:35   Link #423
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
just out of curiousity.... are they done by the same seiyuu? (or have my ears lost it as well...)

[*SIGH* probably the latter]
It's done by the same person. (a very talented person, IMO)
Old 2004-02-05, 16:10   Link #424
Flippy
Hey look behind you!!Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
Yay, you found a bootleg .
I love that store. They are not Bootlegs...wink wink....they are just...yeah....right....coughcoughIstillwantitcoug handthatwholestoresellsbootlegscough....I know it's bad and that they should stop cuz it's hurting the industy but it would shut down most of the anime related shops down there...
Old 2004-02-05, 16:15   Link #425
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I just watched Episode 15 RAW and.......it was great! Not the best episode, but definitely better than 13 and 14 in my opinion. I'm taking this episode as proof that Maburaho hasn't yet reached its pinnacle Damnit there's so many things I want to say but I don't want to spoil anything.
hehe.... spoil us spoil us. !! =P

darn... at this rate I'm really tempted to learn how to use newsgroups so that I can try to find the RAW's. =D

(ARGH... shouldn't I be studying for my midterm?!... <1 hour left...)

*goes and digs my grave...
Old 2004-02-05, 16:49   Link #426
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Monkey
It's done by the same person. (a very talented person, IMO)
I wrote this on another thread but...

The seiyuu for Yuuna is Nabatame Hitomi. She was originally a stage actress, but her voice was found to be excellent enough and she became a seiyuu. Her first "major" role was playing Arcueid in "Shingetsutan Tsukihime."

Her current role is Rosa Foetida - Torii Eriko in "Maria-sama ga Miteru"

....and, it's interesting to see two more seiyuus who began their "major" role in "Shingetsutan Tsukihime" to be in "Maria-sama ga Miteru." Many Japanese anime fans are checking out these seiyuus as they probably will be the next "Horie Yui."

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-02-05 at 18:53.
Old 2004-02-05, 18:04   Link #427
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

*raises hand* ^_^;;

Uh, stupid question. What's a "Horie Yui"?? I'm guessing what you're referring to would be the same thing as us saying "She'll be the next Hugh Hefner" or something. If that's the case, who was Horie Yui?
Old 2004-02-05, 18:17   Link #428
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
*raises hand* ^_^;;

Uh, stupid question. What's a "Horie Yui"?? I'm guessing what you're referring to would be the same thing as us saying "She'll be the next Hugh Hefner" or something. If that's the case, who was Horie Yui?
Close. Horie Yui is a famous voice actress, who voiced very popular anime girls in various popular animes. I guess her most known voice was for Narusegawa Naru in Love Hina. But its not just that, she voiced Kotori in Da Capo, Ayu in Kanon, Multi in To Heart, and many more (including Bottle Fairy, but I'm not sure which voice she did in that). But I don't know her that well...
Old 2004-02-05, 19:02   Link #429
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
including Bottle Fairy, but I'm not sure which voice she did in that...But I don't know her that well...
Horie Yui was the seiyuu for Sarara in "bindume yousei-Bottle Fairy-"

And, for Americans, I guess she would be also known for portraying the role of Honda Tooru in "Fruits Basket."
Old 2004-02-06, 03:35   Link #430
Melchiorus
Black Panther

Horie Yui's career
Old 2004-02-06, 03:40   Link #431
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yui Horie is better known to Americans in Love Hina as Naru. Which was one of her biggest roles in her voice seiyuu career.
Old 2004-02-06, 13:45   Link #432
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Yui Horie is better known to Americans in Love Hina as Naru. Which was one of her biggest roles in her voice seiyuu career.
Ah, ic. So I take the assumption "Love Hina" was a really popular series in America. Interesting...

In Japan, if you ask any otaku, they will respond "Multi!" for Horie Yui. How loli we are ^^
Old 2004-02-06, 14:02   Link #433
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Ah, ic. So I take the assumption "Love Hina" was a really popular series in America. Interesting...

In Japan, if you ask any otaku, they will respond "Multi!" for Horie Yui. How loli we are ^^
Well, part of that is due to the fact that To Heart was never even licensed over here (neither anime nor game)! It's too bad also... the anime is really well done, and I'm sure the game is also.
Old 2004-02-07, 02:50   Link #434
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, Lunar's Maburaho 15 is out now (that was fast, Lunar; thanks!), and I know what you mean now. What a good episode!

Spoiler:

Anyways, all that being said, watch it for yourself, if you haven't already! I'm glad that I stuck with this show.

Edit: I guess it's deserving of spoiler tags, even though it's not very specific at all.
Old 2004-02-07, 16:01   Link #435
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Next episode: "Nozoichatta (Peeked)". Hmm, something tells me that the next episode is going to be

What I'm really hoping for is for Kazuki to start using magic again as a ghost. Elizabeth-san used magic in Episode 3 right? If Kazuki can use magic infinitely as a ghost.....well things are going to get interesting
Old 2004-02-07, 20:21   Link #436
eMpTy265
<unranked>

[QUOTE=Roots]
Spoiler:

I'm hoping the girl (Yamase?) will come back sometime... I hope that since Shunji didn't get a spot in the ED, and yet Yamase did... hopefully she'll be back
Old 2004-02-13, 00:13   Link #437
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Next episode: "Nozoichatta (Peeked)". Hmm, something tells me that the next episode is going to be
Well, actually...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-13, 00:36   Link #438
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I loved ep16. Showed a different side of Kuriko.
Old 2004-02-13, 01:56   Link #439
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I loved ep16. Showed a different side of Kuriko.
Agree as well...

though I wouldn't have minded if Kuriko left the Kazuki chase...
(though it's pretty obvious that it won't happen for a while... darn it... I was hoping that Maburaho would at least twist the love rectangle steriotype...)

Well... now that each Rin and Kuriko have had their episode... I wonder what'd going to happen next?
Old 2004-02-14, 13:40   Link #440
Flippy
Hey look behind you!!Haha

WOW...i'm 16% done with d/l episode 16...yeah....oh 17% even better!
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem, shounen