AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-01-19, 05:24   Link #421
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think it's more likely that Amida is the one who dies, rather than Naze. She's exposed to more danger as a mobile suit pilot, and with Naze alive, Jasley still has a political problem.

Beyond that, even if the Turbines are neutralized, that still leaves Tekkadan in power... and they'll likely be out for blood now too.
Old 2017-01-19, 06:27   Link #422
tdx

If only Amida was dead, I doubt the funerals would be held specifically on Saisei or Saisei would be grieving at all. No, it implies that Teiwaz itself has suffered a significant loss, and that loss can only be Naze. So I'm preparing to watch both Naze and Amida die from being 'lit by a blazing sun' next episode.

As to what else Jasley could want after successfully removing Naze out of his way by basically killing him, the anwer is simple: Barriston's seat. The Old Man is getting senile, in Jasley's opinion, he let some random dirty brats join, gave them a terribly profitable halfmetal mine and in general acts like a loving grandpa to them, so the next logical step for Jasley, drunk on his victory over Naze and backed up High Lord Idiok of the great Gjallarhorn, would be to decide that it's time for the senile Barriston to step down and transfer the control of Teiwaz to him, the smooth and smart Jasley Donomikols. And if it happened that the Old Man doesn't want to step down the easy way, well, the kind Jasley would help him, the hard way.

But damn, I feel for Orga: these last few episodes are like a quest to see what can make his already massive feelings of guilt even more ginormous.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 07:11   Link #423
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
If only Amida was dead, I doubt the funerals would be held specifically on Saisei or Saisei would be grieving at all. No, it implies that Teiwaz itself has suffered a significant loss, and that loss can only be Naze. So I'm preparing to watch both Naze and Amida die from being 'lit by a blazing sun' next episode.

As to what else Jasley could want after successfully removing Naze out of his way by basically killing him, the anwer is simple: Barriston's seat. The Old Man is getting senile, in Jasley's opinion, he let some random dirty brats join, gave them a terribly profitable halfmetal mine and in general acts like a loving grandpa to them, so the next logical step for Jasley, drunk on his victory over Naze and backed up High Lord Idiok of the great Gjallarhorn, would be to decide that it's time for the senile Barriston to step down and transfer the control of Teiwaz to him, the smooth and smart Jasley Donomikols. And if it happened that the Old Man doesn't want to step down the easy way, well, the kind Jasley would help him, the hard way.

But damn, I feel for Orga: these last few episodes are like a quest to see what can make his already massive feelings of guilt even more ginormous.
If Jasley takes out McMurdo, that's it for Teiwaz. Everything would eventually just fall apart. He would cut Tekkadan before even the ink can dry on the death certificate, or else, he could try to take them over basically in a "I'm your master now, and you do what I say!"
I mean, even he has to realize Tekkadan's value, but he sees them as nothing but brats, and will try to take over, probably ousting Orga in the process. Unfortunately, in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny: "He don't me very well, do he?"
Jasley would basically be another like the boss of CGS, and Orga would die a thousand deaths before he puts Tekkadan back in that position again.
Jasley takes over, Tekkadan is leaving, probably taking Jasley's life in the process.

As for could Jasley take out McMurdo? Sure, I guess. I mean, like you said, Jasley might just get too big for his britches now that he knows he can manipulate a Seven Star Lord and have him do his bidding. And McMurdo might be quite destraught over Naze's death, allowing him to get sloppy. We already had that foreshadowing arcs ago about the new generation taking over. And Jasley doesn't even have to use and direct confrontation.
A simple poison has taken down many an emperor.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 09:59   Link #424
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
If Jasley takes out McMurdo, that's it for Teiwaz. Everything would eventually just fall apart. He would cut Tekkadan before even the ink can dry on the death certificate, or else, he could try to take them over basically in a "I'm your master now, and you do what I say!"
I mean, even he has to realize Tekkadan's value, but he sees them as nothing but brats, and will try to take over, probably ousting Orga in the process. Unfortunately, in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny: "He don't me very well, do he?"
Jasley would basically be another like the boss of CGS, and Orga would die a thousand deaths before he puts Tekkadan back in that position again.
Jasley takes over, Tekkadan is leaving, probably taking Jasley's life in the process.

As for could Jasley take out McMurdo? Sure, I guess. I mean, like you said, Jasley might just get too big for his britches now that he knows he can manipulate a Seven Star Lord and have him do his bidding. And McMurdo might be quite destraught over Naze's death, allowing him to get sloppy. We already had that foreshadowing arcs ago about the new generation taking over. And Jasley doesn't even have to use and direct confrontation.
A simple poison has taken down many an emperor.
Yeah, without Barriston there's no way Teiwaz can continue to exist as a big united conglomerate. As viewers, we know that Jasley's not up for the job of holding it together, he's lacking in numerous ways for that, but I bet a guy of Jasley's character sees himself as the most fitting man for the role and probably even believes he can do a better job than Barriston ever did.

However, as we discussed before, Jasley doesn't seem to be smart enough to outplay Barriston, seemingly the cunningness incarnate, under normal conditions. And he strikes me too cowardly to even try - again, under normal circumstances. What I feel Barriston might be underestimating or misreading about Jasley is the level of Jasley's annoyance and thus the extent of what that clown is prepared to do and how far he's ready to go. This is what I see as his possible undoing through, say, his failing to figure out in time that the circumstances are no longer what they used to be which untied Jasley's hands to even gun for Barriston's own head. But still, while I'm pretty sure that nothing will stop Jasley from trying, I'm not at all sure his attempt will succeed. It's probably not out of question for both of them to end up dead at each other's hands in that conflict.

On the off chance of Jasley succeeding in taking over Teiwaz, it will probably lead to him not only cutting Tekkadan off but also trying to destroy them for good. His ally Iok is hellbent on getting his unjust revenge against Tekkadan and I think Jasley will be all too happy to oblige.

Now, I'm interested to see how Barriston and Orga figure out just who's really behind Naze's death. Atm, for all intents and purposes, it should look like the anti-McGillis faction GH, wanting to strike a blow to McGillis, his close ally Tekkadan and their ally the Turbines, is solely to blame. Of course, Barriston shouldn't be so dense as to not guess to look at Jasley as the mastermind of it, but the problem is how to prove it. Orga heard from Naze directly that it was due to Teiwaz's internal strife that he was framed, but I doubt Orga knows much about Jasley to figure out it was him. So I'm looking forward to see what Barriston does and how Orga zooms in on Jasley as the man he wants to brutally murderize to avenge Naze.
Old 2017-01-20, 09:37   Link #425
tdx

The official twitter this time didn't provide any noteworthy screenshots, except that featuring all the most prominent Turbines with their mechs, save for Azee, and Naze himself may be a spoiler in itself.
Old 2017-01-20, 10:18   Link #426
Irenesharda

Well, they usually put out an extra one or two tomorrow, so that's a possibility. It looks like it's Merribit who will talk Orga down again. I do appreciate what she"s doing, and I ultimately know that at times, she can be right. But Merribit seems to have only been put on this show as the proverbial "wet blanket". She hasn't been too bad this season, but I do wish they could spread this roll around a little so that I don't constantly sigh when she comes into the room.

Anyway, of the ones we know, place your bets! Who is coming out of this?
  1. Live [ ] Die [ ] Lafter
  2. Live [ ] Die [ ] Eco
  3. Live [ ] Die [ ] Azee
  4. Live [ ] Die [ ] Amida
  5. Live [ ] Die [ ] Naze

Who lives, who dies?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-20, 11:22   Link #427
tdx

Yeah, Merribit was more fun when she first appeared, but later she became a resident nagger more than anything, although her intentions are always good and she has a point at times, like you said. All in all, she's no Biscuit, at least Biscuit knew when to give up, but well, my worst nightmare with her has been averted thanks to the glorious Yukinojou, so I don't mind her much (it was even touching when she brought Orga his Tekkadan jacket before the battle against Hashmal). Btw, I wish Yukinojou was involved as Orga's advisor more, because every time he spoke in the past on difficult matters, he usually spoke wisdom, calmly and measuredly, in a way that never rubbed anyone the wrong way but got his point across.

Well, if it's Merribit who dissuades Orga from sending help, it might be interesting to see their reactions to the aftermath (that is, Naze's alledged death). Orga is obviously not so petty as to snap at her, accusing her of stopping him when he might have saved Naze had he acted in time, he will blame only himself, I'm sure, but there's no way Merribit won't feel guilty about stopping him.

Anyway, as to predictions. Mine are grim. I easily can see most of the named Turbines dying, except for maybe Lafter and Azee, and even then Azee still might die an episode later (your arguments and the new OP influenced me, and now I'm inclined to consider Lafter more or less safe for the moment).
Old 2017-01-20, 11:58   Link #428
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Anyway, of the ones we know, place your bets! Who is coming out of this?
  2. Live [ ] Die [ ] Eco
  3. Live [ ] Die [ ] Azee
  5. Live [ ] Die [ ] Naze

Who lives, who dies?
I bet on Lafter surviving. I mean, her Hekija is still fresh and even featured rather prominently in the OP as well as herself. And probably Eco too.
Old 2017-01-20, 22:55   Link #429
FBF

All of them might die except for Lafter....I am still hoping for Echo and Azee to live as well, but when they told Tekkadan that they may never see them again (Lafter thankfully was not anywhere near them when they said that)....just screams death flag....but Okada has been known to troll....so who knows.
FBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 03:40   Link #430
Irenesharda

I was wondering, I fear for Julietta. I don't know why, but the Reginlaze Julia is giving me Graze Ein vibes. Maybe its the name and the size, but it's also how Rustal warned her on the stairs and yet she's still going in the direction he didn't want her to go in. She wants to be like Mika, but I don't think she has what it takes, or is willing to take the sacrifices involved. I can see her fighting and then getting horribly injured, which may lead to her turning into the same thing Ein was, possibly even worse if we think that perhaps her conciousness mixes with a machine to form something similar to the AI of the MAs.

I would be interested in what Rustal would do, or what Vidar would do.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-21, 03:46   Link #431
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so anyone thinks its a miracle Hush didn't suffer from some form of PTSD flashback when he knew Mika became paraplegic? which reminded him of his past that his friend became one due to AV surgery failure then committed suicide, but he may changed because he's now stronger & could help Mika in many ways that he failed to do so with his friend.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 03:48   Link #432
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
  2. Live [ ] Die [ ] Eco
  3. Live [ ] Die [ ] Azee
  5. Live [ ] Die [ ] Naze

Who lives, who dies?
I'd say that list is how I'd put there chances from most likely to live to least likely.

Lafter I think is almost sure to live, given all the reasons already stated here.

I think Eco also survives. If Tekkadan does separate away from Teiwaz, then they wont be able to utilize it's shop and mechanics anymore. Having another mechanic onboard in Eco makes sense if Tekkadan are to be more self sufficient.

Azee for me is right at the middle. If we want some kind of impactful death, having the ace of the Turbines die would certainly give that feel. Then again, same with Eco, if Tekkadan is to be it's own force, having extra suits and pilots would help make it feel more legit. Azee and Lafter could be Tekkadan's new unit. (Though Azee not getting a new suit while Lafter does doesn't bode well for her chances.)

Amida and Naze for me are goners, sadly (though I'm giving Amida a slightly larger chance of surviving. Naze will need a miracle to do so). They might be this season's Biscuit.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 03:55   Link #433
Skye629

Well the question is, how many Hekija's are there? If we go by the boxart of the HG then we can expect to see at least 2 of them, and if thats the case, Azee is definitely at the controls of the other one
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 04:02   Link #434
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Well the question is, how many Hekija's are there? If we go by the boxart of the HG then we can expect to see at least 2 of them, and if thats the case, Azee is definitely at the controls of the other one
Gives hope for Azee then. I'm still on the fence if I want her to live, though I wouldn't mind if she did.

Lafter on the other hand, I really hope lives through this.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 04:11   Link #435
Tenzen12

Not sure how much is wiki reliable but I did see her noted as other Hekija pilot. Though it's kit feature Lafter Hekija only.
Old 2017-01-21, 18:22   Link #436
Knight_SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Not sure how much is wiki reliable but I did see her noted as other Hekija pilot. Though it's kit feature Lafter Hekija only.
Mcgillis giving bael to mika after barbatos lupus badly damaged against vidar is reliable?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 20:23   Link #437
B214

Call me evil but seeing everyone thinking that Lafter won't die makes me hope that she will die.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 22:11   Link #438
Knight_SV

going to turbines rescue seems to be the perfect opportunity for lupus rex debut. however, barbatos was last time still in badly damaged condition
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 00:32   Link #439
FBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Call me evil but seeing everyone thinking that Lafter won't die makes me hope that she will die.
Well, Akihiro already lost his brother and Aston....and he views Lafter with high regard which equals his view of Mikazuki. So losing her will just add another loss in his life that I doubt the story will do it again and instead have Akihiro do everything in his might to save or protect her.
FBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-22, 03:34   Link #440
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
going to turbines rescue seems to be the perfect opportunity for lupus rex debut. however, barbatos was last time still in badly damaged condition
Remember my post earlier? (or was it in another thread?)

At any rate to reiterate they never exactly said how long Mika and co were in Saisei, for all we know they could have been there for a while, long enough to get the new Lupus Rex up and running, catching up wont be too huge a deal either as we saw him do that in S1 with the Kutan Booster

The issue is getting a go ahead from Orga, and the question of the location (assuming the MS are ready)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote