AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 23:46   Link #421
denvise

Not a big deal

You ppl that are pissed about paying for PS+ need to remember that it cost a lot to run a (much improved/ like party chat)network,
answer parents Qs, keeping it safe(no more hacking probs) and also those F2P games
and a bunch of other game will be included in the fee.
Also I can guarantee you SONY is losing money on each PS4(better specs, still cheaper) at 399,
you rather pay 600 USD and the network is free but crappy?
denvise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 00:00   Link #422
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Paid online kinda sucks, but PS+ is actually a pretty good deal.

Doubly so if you have a Vita. Playstation is a lot more generous when it comes to their deals, too.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 00:30   Link #423
solidvanz
Special Operative

PS4 specs released. Highlights:

- disc slot, buttons, and power indicator in slot between sections
- slit on top glows blue when system is on
- dualshock 4 is $59
- ps eye is $59
- 500GB HDD
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- comes with system, dualshock 4, headset, power cord, usb cable, hdmi cable

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130611a_e.pdf
Old 2013-06-11, 01:03   Link #424
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

More good news

Old 2013-06-11, 01:06   Link #425
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Sony PS has no region lock?! *_*
Old 2013-06-11, 01:47   Link #426
Xion Valkyrie

If it doesn't have region lock and somebody figures out how to hack it so we can load subs then I'd buy it in a heartbeat for all those JPRGs that never make it over here.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 01:52   Link #427
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

lol at this.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-11, 01:57   Link #428
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
If it doesn't have region lock and somebody figures out how to hack it so we can load subs then I'd buy it in a heartbeat for all those JPRGs that never make it over here.
Pretty sure the bigger problem would be actually getting people to translate to make the sub in the first place
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 02:01   Link #429
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Pretty sure the bigger problem would be actually getting people to translate to make the sub in the first place
A lot of PSP games that never made it here got fan-translations which worked with the ROM. I'm sure if someone can get a hack working people would do it for the PS4 too.
Old 2013-06-11, 02:04   Link #430
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
A lot of PSP games that never made it here got fan-translations which worked with the ROM. I'm sure if someone can get a hack working people would do it for the PS4 too.
PS2 games also had translation.

Because the architecture is similar to the PC, I suppose hacking will be easier.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 02:04   Link #431
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
PS2 games also had translation.
Oh yeah, totally forgot. The PS2 era felt like such a long time ago.
Old 2013-06-11, 02:13   Link #432
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I think "some" would be a better word to use

*patiently waits for the VC3 translation project....*
Old 2013-06-11, 02:38   Link #433
Sides

PS4 sounds like a good priced system and decent alternative for a gaming PC. It provides a basic product and doesn't force you to surrender to thing you don't want. Considering that I'm not a online multiplayer guy and don't care for the social features, that PS+ thing doesn't bother me. But I still hope that non subscribers will still have access to freemium games and paid MMO like FFXIV without PS+.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 02:56   Link #434
Westlo
Lets be reality

Plus is amazing value if you just have a PS3, now if you have a PS4 and PSVITA it's a complete steal. I mean shit just look @ what's coming to Europe PSN this month.

Entering PS Plus in June:
29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
29th May: Demon Souls
5th June: Rayman Origins
5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

Demon Souls, Ico and SotC, that's just 1 month, that's just $5 if you get yearly subs.

Heck i've signed up for Plus for 3 months once, and made my money back on buying plus discount games for psx etc alone.

$399, no DRM, no online requirement, great PSN Plus, region free and thanks to crossgen a killer first year lineup, yet no slouch in the PS4 only title department at all.

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-06-11 at 05:45.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 03:10   Link #435
kyp275
Meh

damnit, gimme HD ICO and SotC!!
Old 2013-06-11, 03:13   Link #436
Sides

Complete agree that PS+ is value for money, for late adopters.
But games most of the games appeared on the program, I already owned, so it didn't really benefited me.
PS4 might change, since I won't be early adopter this gen, learnt my lesson last time around with PSP, PS3 and 3DS...

Lol, sorry i''m bit late, but that casing looks like shit. At least it is black and will camouflage itself into my TV cabin

Last edited by Sides; 2013-06-11 at 03:24.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 03:50   Link #437
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Plus is amazing value if you just have a PS3, now if you have a PS4 and PSVITA it's a complete steal. I mean shit just look @ what's coming to Europe PSN this month.

Entering PS Plus in June:
29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
29th May: Demon Souls
5th June: Rayman Origins
5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

Demon Souls, Ico and SotC, that's just 1 month, that's just $5 if you get yearly subs.

Heck i've signed up for Plus for 3 months once, and made my money back on buying plus discount games for psx etc alone., yet no slouch in the PS4 only title department at all.
$399, no DRM, no online requirement, great PSN Plus, region free and thanks to crossgen a killer first year lineup.
Hell, I've had plus for over a year now and have my sub paid through much of 2014. Given what they announced today and the insane amount of games I have in my account due to it I'm pretty sure I'm going to renew again. It's great value for money. I don't even mind if online is part of PS+ on the PS4 if that means that Sony handles the servers and brings them up to par with Microsoft.

Just to give some perspective to folks who don't know what plus brings, here are some games I got through it:
- Little Big Planet 2
- Uncharted 3 (SP)
- Kingdoms of Amalgur
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Ico/Shadow of Colosus HD
- Okami HD
- Catherine
- Dead or Alive 5
- Hitman: Absolution
- Burnout Paradise
- Red Dead Redemption
- Infamous 2
- Mass Effect 3
- Mortal Kombat
- Motorstorm: Apocalypse
- Need for Speed: Shift 2
- Sleeping Dogs
- Batman: Arkham City
- Castle Crashers
- LIMBO

And on the Vita:
- Uncharted
- Rayman Origins
- Mortal Kombat
- Gravity Rush
- Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
- Jet Set Radio
- LIMBO

And the cloud saves really helped me when I upgraded the hard drive on my PS3. Much faster to just download the saves than transferring them between drives.

It's insane value for money, I just hope they don't mess it up.

EDIT: btw, for those wondering how it works. When the game is available free for plus subscribers you go to the store and add it to your account. The game's now yours to play and re-download as long as your PS+ subscription remains active. When the game is removed from the instant game collection all those who have it on their accounts can re-download them for as long as the sub is active with no extra charge. It's effectively a rental service that rewards you to keep it active and it's a pretty nice one imho.

In case anyone wants to get more technical: the games have an expiration date set at the day your PS+ sub expires. When that time is up the console will prevent you from playing the game until it can check in with Sony's servers to see if you that particular licence was renewed. As far as I know they work perfectly well offline for that whole time. No 24h check-in here
Old 2013-06-11, 04:02   Link #438
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Complete agree that PS+ is value for money, for late adopters.
But games most of the games appeared on the program, I already owned, so it didn't really benefited me.
PS4 might change, since I won't be early adopter this gen, learnt my lesson last time around with PSP, PS3 and 3DS...

Lol, sorry i''m bit late, but that casing looks like shit. At least it is black and will camouflage itself into my TV cabin
The finish on the PS4 is so superior to the PS3, however. Matte was a great choice, even if it wasn't 100%. The PS3 I always found to be such a shiny, ugly little behemoth. Always covered in obvious finger prints and what not. Matte on the other hand wont be so obviously disgusting.

Sony has run the most impressive conference I've seen thus far here, and I'm so very impressed. As far as the PS4 goes, I think they made some fantastic decisions even down to a charge for online play (the PS+ membership, which as previously discussed is cheap and gets you more than you pay for). More than anything their outreach to indie developers is a fascinating step in a very right direction. The indie bubble is bigger now than it's ever been and it really doesn't show any sign of stopping.

I'm very hopeful that Sony will remain consistent with this conference up to and beyond the release of this console.
Old 2013-06-11, 04:13   Link #439
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
The finish on the PS4 is so superior to the PS3, however. Matte was a great choice, even if it wasn't 100%. The PS3 I always found to be such a shiny, ugly little behemoth. Always covered in obvious finger prints and what not. Matte on the other hand wont be so obviously disgusting.
I'll second that. I was a bit skeptical on the PS3 Slim's matte finish but after I bought it I fell in love with it. It looks great and I just wish my other Sony consoles had the same finish instead of the fingerprint magnet that is Sony's Piano Black.
Old 2013-06-11, 05:43   Link #440
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
lol at this.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote