AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-13, 17:30   Link #421
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Isn't she physiologically obligated to be heterosexual, though? If she likes a guy, she turns into a girl. If she likes girl, she turns into a guy.

Though I don't know what would happen if she changed her mind post-transformation...
... What a strange conundrum. You're right, and yet she's still functionally bisexual if she likes both genders.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 19:54   Link #422
Galacticichi

There should be a spin-off exploring others like Izana. I'd be thoroughly entertained.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 21:30   Link #423
Irenesharda

Had to catch up on this show after finishing my finals, but this show has thoroughly got me hooked. I am supremely sad that this show only has one cour, while other boring shows like M3 are getting at least two.

The last few episodes have been so action-packed. I’m really loving Sidonia right now. The characters are coming on a little slow and I’m just starting to remember names with faces, but I’m enjoying this show more for the plot and the action. The Gauna are impressive enemies and you can see why they are are so dangerous. However, considering how many lives were lost when the ship just turned to avoid the monster, I’m wondering if the human race is in any danger at all if you just can throw away lives like that. I know its supposedly the better of the two evils, but that was ridiculous. Those scenes of everyone getting flung to their deaths and going bloody “splat” on the building was really disturbing.

Nagete is an interesting MC as he’s pretty much of a homey nobody until he gets on the battlefield and then you see him use quite a bit of intelligence as he knows when to obey orders and when to go by instinct. And unlike, Kunato, he doesn’t do it for the glory, but simply because he thinks it’s right.

I feel sorry for Akai and his elite squad, but unfortunately the moment they were introduced, you knew they were going to die. And they were determined to make “death flag pincushions” out of them by adding backstory and relationships onto them too.

The battles are great, the world is getting great depth, the characters are beginning to be fleshed out, the mysteries surrounding the plot are interesting ones, making this my favorite mecha series of the season.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 08:18   Link #424
Orattvisa

Why do I feel like there are a lot of death flags raised for Hoshijiro for this episode? Gosh, I should start watching some normal shows sometimes. =X
Orattvisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 02:02   Link #425
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
I couldn't help myself and started reading the manga. Really like this anime, it's pretty damn good and I personally think of any mecha anime this is some of the best animation I've seen for fights in general. I mean Valvrave did a good job, but damn the fights just appear to keep getting better with each new season!

Deathflags are everywhere imo, I feel like it has that Gantz feeling where everyone will just die lol
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 04:54   Link #426
DMurphy

I'll probably end up reading the manga once the anime is done. I'm enjoying this too much to deal well with the story just - grinding to a halt, the way anime adaptations of ongoing mangas often do.

Old 2014-05-17, 11:26   Link #427
mei misaki fan

Does anyone know whats taking so long for the sub to come out for episode six?
mei misaki fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 11:31   Link #428
DMurphy

Doesn't seem like it's taking any longer than normal to me. What day does it usually come out?

Old 2014-05-17, 11:42   Link #429
Greenish Growth

It usually comes out Thursday night California time.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 12:26   Link #430
Moridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Doesn't seem like it's taking any longer than normal to me. What day does it usually come out?
Knight's of Sidonia air at thursdays at 1700 UTC. The subtitled version I watch is released about 7-9 hours later, friday 0200 - 0400 UTC.

Soon it is saturday 1730 UTC, and the episode is still not released. It has been 48 hours since the episode aired.

Instead of the subbing taking 8 hours, it has taken 48 hours. That is 6 times as long as it normaly takes. Don't get me wrong here, I am not complaining, I appriciate every effort put into these shows, from conception untill me finally watching them, I am mearly pointing out that it indeed have taken significantly longer time than usual.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS!
Apparently the translators where busy, which caused a delay in the translation of atleast 24 hours.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 13:17   Link #431
Hamazura 2.0
wtf i cant login bro

im a big fan of Muse and this anime title seems interesting to me
Hamazura 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 17:24   Link #432
apotheosis
Shinigami

The song fits the anime quite well. Looking forward to the AMVs.

Quote:
Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

No one's gonna take me alive
The time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive
apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 19:15   Link #433
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I guess it was to be expected =0(
Spoiler for ep 6 spoilers:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 19:30   Link #434
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Isn't she physiologically obligated to be heterosexual, though? If she likes a guy, she turns into a girl. If she likes girl, she turns into a guy.

Though I don't know what would happen if she changed her mind post-transformation...
I guess she might not be able to. I believe she remains asexual until it's time to reproduce and then she has her transformation into a false male or a female. She probably has two x-chromosomes and if she is able to produce sperm, it's probably only x-chromosome sperm. Izana is probably a modified female with a modified X that can't be passed on because natural females would miscarry the artificial chromosome.

Gender changing animals usually have ZW sex chromosomes, with females being ZW and males being ZZ.

I'm guess if she is goes male, the male-like organs will only produce x-chromosome sperm. And she probably wouldn't have a true penis (probably very small) and would inseminate females artificially or through minimal contact like most birds (cloacal kiss).

If she remains female, she'll be able to birth males and females.

I guess she was invented in case the population got stressed and they needed a walking sperm bank to produce females with 100% certainty.

Last edited by mechalord; 2014-05-17 at 19:43.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 19:46   Link #435
Jerseykid

1. When are these people going to figure out that the Bathysphere rides are cursed.

2. I don't like action being skipped and the implications of my hero Nagate failing.

3. I don't mind that girl dying because there is only one "it" for my hero and that's Izana

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2014-05-17 at 20:00.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 21:08   Link #436
Anime Online

Episode 6 seems to have set many things in motion. Kobayashi mused drastic measures to stem the tide of anti-war public opinion. Nagate learned about the knights of Sidonia. Kunato nursed his resentment at how an upstart upstaged him. Hoshijiro received somewhat troubling results from her medical examination.

Put all these together and I present my whack job theory: Nagate wanted to emulate the example of the knights of Sidonia and went on another stupid I-just-wanna-be-cool-and-awesome action spree. Hey, it worked for the last Gauna fight, so it should work again, right? Well, it didn't and people got killed for his recklessness.

Whack job theory#2: Kobayashi intended Nagate to die in battle, hence enshrining him as the sacrificial hero to rally public support for the war. To that end, she may or may not have enlisted Kunato to put Nagate in a bad spot during the battle. Hoshijiro, learning she didn't have long to live, took the bullet for Nagate.

I don't know why Yuhata started getting so enamored with Nagate all of the sudden. It's unusual seeing someone being so forward in anime. That's a good thing. If you want something, you should do something about it. The usual anime tactic of sitting back passively and wait for the stars to align to bring you and your crush together is just ridiculous. That's really one of the things about real life you shouldn't learn from anime.

And of course, Nagate has to find every opportunity to stuff his face this episode. Look at the stack of empty plates stacked up next to him during the pilot graduation ceremony! Just how does he manage to keep in shape?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 21:11   Link #437
apotheosis
Shinigami

Skipping the battle was a surprise, but I didn't care for it.

I was expecting the one person to die anyway, but now we'll watch the battle knowing no one else died & what happened to Tanikaze already, which drains it of tension IMO. Or they could not show us the battle ... which would just feel odd from a pacing and completeness perspective. Why build the char up to kill her off screen (though I really doubt they'll do that).
apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 21:56   Link #438
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Put all these together and I present my whack job theory: Nagate wanted to emulate the example of the knights of Sidonia and went on another stupid I-just-wanna-be-cool-and-awesome action spree. Hey, it worked for the last Gauna fight, so it should work again, right? Well, it didn't and people got killed for his recklessness.

Whack job theory#2: Kobayashi intended Nagate to die in battle, hence enshrining him as the sacrificial hero to rally public support for the war. To that end, she may or may not have enlisted Kunato to put Nagate in a bad spot during the battle. Hoshijiro, learning she didn't have long to live, took the bullet for Nagate.

I don't know why Yuhata started getting so enamored with Nagate all of the sudden. It's unusual seeing someone being so forward in anime. That's a good thing. If you want something, you should do something about it. The usual anime tactic of sitting back passively and wait for the stars to align to bring you and your crush together is just ridiculous. That's really one of the things about real life you shouldn't learn from anime.
Nagate doesn't seem to be that type of char =01. It's more likely that he was fighting normally and Kunato screwed him over somehow, effectively making him look like the bad guy. Note that Nagate fighting "normally" maybe simply to react as he was trained, which may or may not include ignoring orders.

I don't think Kobayashi wants Nagate dead just yet. I get the feeling she has her own agenda over the mechanized council wants. She wouldn't throw him away at least until he fulfills what she has in mind. Otherwise, their would be no point in her establishing the relationship she has with him at this point. Now the immortal council on the other hand....

The whole Midori thing was kind of off-putting to be honest; she was a bit too aggressive =0\. I wouldn't have mind it if it was when he wasn't with anyone, but to push Izana out of the way like that was a bit much, even if it is to get more time with Nagate. Plus, in the end, most of these types of girls will always get the short end of the stick, and usually become annoying before its all said and done.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 22:26   Link #439
mei misaki fan

Decent episode with a big ending so the next one should be good.
mei misaki fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 22:34   Link #440
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Nagate doesn't seem to be that type of char =01. It's more likely that he was fighting normally and Kunato screwed him over somehow, effectively making him look like the bad guy. Note that Nagate fighting "normally" maybe simply to react as he was trained, which may or may not include ignoring orders.

I don't think Kobayashi wants Nagate dead just yet. I get the feeling she has her own agenda over the mechanized council wants. She wouldn't throw him away at least until he fulfills what she has in mind. Otherwise, their would be no point in her establishing the relationship she has with him at this point. Now the immortal council on the other hand....

The whole Midori thing was kind of off-putting to be honest; she was a bit too aggressive =0\. I wouldn't have mind it if it was when he wasn't with anyone, but to push Izana out of the way like that was a bit much, even if it is to get more time with Nagate. Plus, in the end, most of these types of girls will always get the short end of the stick, and usually become annoying before its all said and done.
I have to agree. Kunato, now finding that the thorn in his side is an actual threat to his image is trying a different route to push himself into the limelight and disgrace Nagate. However, if Kunato really did screw over his companions just to make Nagate look bad, I'm hoping that tech girl can hack into the real records and expose him. Kunato is bad news. I was hoping that he would one day suck up his pride and eventually become a rival/friend for Nagate, however, I'm beginning to see this guy's ego is too big for that. So, whenever he decides to bite the dust, I'll be happy.

I'm interested in seeing what happened, but it was as plain as writing on the wall that Hoshijiro would be the next to go. It looks like she might have done some sort of self-sacrifice at the end, but we'll have to wait to see.

Well, it's really hard to be on put on a pedestal. One minute everyone loves you, but you don't preform to their expectations even once and they can just as easily turn on you. However, Nagate never let it go to his head to begin with so I think he'll be okay with whatever the people think of him, but I think he's going to be more disappointed with himself and in grief over Hoshijiro.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, space