AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-12, 06:23   Link #421
silvercover
Romance Expert

oh yeah, forgot to mention about some difference in things regarding the manga.

well despite the fact that the manga hasnt even gotten past haruki's arc, there's still a notable difference here that makes pretty much means that things occur differently in the manga.

you see chitaru confront our two main girls? well, the problem is that in the manga
Spoiler:

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 20:18   Link #422
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi View Post
What if there's something INSIDE the teddy bear XD ?
CALLED IT! TOTALLY CALLED IT!

(Sorry had to ^_^)
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 00:07   Link #423
Diveman

Shame that Shiena didn't get her chance, I liked her a lot.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 05:21   Link #424
CorenB

I thought Hitsugi was going to turn out to be a trap because of those 'Chitaru is a real girl so she should play juliet' parts. I'm surprised it didn't seem to be the case.

Chitaru mistakenly thinking that Madoka is Angel Trumpet is just silly though.

Enjoy English Visual Novels and RPGs? Check out Soyasushi Productions!
CorenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:26   Link #425
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

This week episode wasn't bad. It's a shame that each character only have one episode or even less, Shutou seemed damn interesting here. I wish we got more of her story.

And now our little Toukaku got flustered by her underwater kiss with Haru
Old 2014-05-16, 11:30   Link #426
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Highlander's syndrome, huh? This opened up the possibility that Haru is indeed immortal as well, although a different kind of immortal. Not unaging, but one that doesn't die when killed.

Akuma no Riddle has finally started to yuri it up. Tokaku's blush when she remembered Haru "kissing" her was very telling. It's on!
Old 2014-05-16, 12:51   Link #427
ookamigirl

Black class seems to be getting smaller each episode.
Wonder if only the strong remain now.
A fun little bomb this time.
This was a a bit more challenging then before.
Azuma had to play little game & use her brain.
Pool time is never dull with those assassins girl.
Things got quite interesting near the episode end.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 15:23   Link #428
ChampDream
Alive

That was really interesting knowing that Shutou doesn't age, I wish they could have show more information about her.
It look like Tokaku will look at Haru with other eyes after that "kiss".
Old 2014-05-16, 18:19   Link #429
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Highlander's syndrome, lol.

Anyway, that was a very good episode. I liked the puzzle solving here, as well as Shutou's backstory.

Now that poor teacher is going to think that Shutou transferred out because his birthday surprise creeped her out.
Old 2014-05-16, 19:13   Link #430
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Why are all my favorites getting knocked out?!?!?!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 01:19   Link #431
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Suzu still had one day and a half, from when the notice became effective. There was plenty of time to set up another device.
Interesting episode, although these contrived background are always more annoying. Well, anyway the guy she was in love with has been shown becoming old (grey hairs) so presumably 35-40 years passed. Assuming some other time passed before enrolling there, Suzu could be around 60-70. That is if her story wasn't something of the ancient past, in which case she may as well be of the age of Mina Tepes.

Situations like hers are the heaviest objection to the concept of immortality, while you may able to live forever the ones at your side won't and you'll see them fall one by one eventually. Endless life does not equal happiness, so it's indeed a very sad condition.

I wonder when Banba's turn will be. She's the most mysterious of the bunch from the very beginning imho.
Old 2014-05-17, 01:53   Link #432
Greenish Growth

I was getting the impression from the images shown in the anime that she had been around since at least the Taishou Era.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 02:02   Link #433
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I was getting the impression from the images shown in the anime that she had been around since at least the Taishou Era.
I did think that the uniform the guy was wearing looked like a police uniform from Rurouni Kenshin, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 02:11   Link #434
Greenish Growth

I suppose it could have been anywhere from the 1870's to the 1920's then.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 02:54   Link #435
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Man, I feel that the homeroom teacher will be killed for knowing too much!

As for Suzu, I'm surprised that she's ageless thanks to Highlander syndrome. What's next, getting the "quickening" after transferring out?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 03:20   Link #436
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Suzu still had one day and a half, from when the notice became effective. There was plenty of time to set up another device.
She clearly didn't want to. In fact, we even get a conversation about how serious these attempts actually are, or if the goal is something else entirely.

Quote:
Situations like hers are the heaviest objection to the concept of immortality, while you may able to live forever the ones at your side won't and you'll see them fall one by one eventually. Endless life does not equal happiness, so it's indeed a very sad condition.
I don't buy that. While it's true that we currently value life and death based on our mortal terms, that doesn't mean that immortality itself is a horrible thing. Especially the form which grants a healthy body. It's a cliche/trope in immortality stories that I've come to dislike because it's overused and it's rare to find good takes on it anymore.

What's interesting is that her wish is to find a cure because "she can't die", yet she also states that she uses bombs because she's not a physical fighter. It's an odd contradiction, because it implies she's not invulnerable. As an assassin, there would be a huge advantage in being able to place yourself in harms way to ensure a kill.

Again, this calls into question her seriousness toward killing Haru, which brings us back to the conversation about the Organization's motives.
Old 2014-05-17, 04:35   Link #437
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's a cliche/trope in immortality stories that I've come to dislike because it's overused and it's rare to find good takes on it anymore.
I don't have a precise stance about it, I can see the sad part but certainly the advantages are not quite underlined as the disadvantages are.

Quote:
Again, this calls into question her seriousness toward killing Haru, which brings us back to the conversation about the Organization's motives.
Actually I think we may call into question everybody's seriousness in killing Haru so far, considering that these are supposed to be very skilled top class assassins. Even Suzu, she was smart in setting up the trap with a digit code allowing no more than 2 errors, but then she gave a lot of direct and indirect hints, basically revealing the code.
Not to mention all the others so far who were alone with Haru in a really favourable condition, everyone blew up.
Let's be real, if this was a real organization with real assassins instead of fiction, maybe the first one would fail, but the second definitely wouldn't (with Tokaku being present or not).

That's why I often call out this series for its unintentional comedy, the killing attempts are often so clumsy that they're kind of amusing.
Old 2014-05-17, 06:58   Link #438
HandofFate

Just finished watching episode 07.
ROFL. I don't know about anyone else, but I was cracking up the whole time. Such a surreal episode.

Episode went full blown game status with this one, similar to Liar Game or Kaiji lol.
Was laughing at the other girls was playing around while watching Haru and Tokaku running around trying to find the cards.

Really cracked up when the one girl just entered her lucky number out of nowhere, and it was wrong using up one turn, and Tokaku yelling at her.

It seems Shutou didn't really try to win, all the clues and stuff were really low level and practically giving it away, they didn't have to do anything, and those 3 cards would have shown up on their own anyway.

Who was Shutou's room-mate? I assume hers left already, but forgot who it was.

Fun episode, and we got some nice yuri kiss in this episode too.
Old 2014-05-17, 10:11   Link #439
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
What's interesting is that her wish is to find a cure because "she can't die", yet she also states that she uses bombs because she's not a physical fighter. It's an odd contradiction, because it implies she's not invulnerable. As an assassin, there would be a huge advantage in being able to place yourself in harms way to ensure a kill.
She want's to live a normal life and die of old age, it was never stated that she's immortal in the fantasy sense.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 10:54   Link #440
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I don't have a precise stance about it, I can see the sad part but certainly the advantages are not quite underlined as the disadvantages are.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you specifically thought that. I was referring to the moral stance itself. Like you, I can see the sad part, and it's more difficult to find stories that emphasize the good over the bad on the subject.

Quote:
Actually I think we may call into question everybody's seriousness in killing Haru so far, considering that these are supposed to be very skilled top class assassins. Even Suzu, she was smart in setting up the trap with a digit code allowing no more than 2 errors, but then she gave a lot of direct and indirect hints, basically revealing the code.
Not to mention all the others so far who were alone with Haru in a really favourable condition, everyone blew up.
Let's be real, if this was a real organization with real assassins instead of fiction, maybe the first one would fail, but the second definitely wouldn't (with Tokaku being present or not).

That's why I often call out this series for its unintentional comedy, the killing attempts are often so clumsy that they're kind of amusing.
Exactly. Isuke even asks Nio if the whole thing is actually a test (presumably for Haru) after talking about the previous (and Suzu's) attempts. The entire premise itself is a farce. Haru isn't invulnerable and if a powerful group wanted her dead they wouldn't need to be this convoluted about it. It's like they want Haru to survive.

It's why I was drawn into the story, I think. It's an absurd premise, but I'm hoping what happens after all of the assassins fail will be worth the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
She want's to live a normal life and die of old age, it was never stated that she's immortal in the fantasy sense.
You're missing my point, but I'm giving the "syndrome" more thought than it deserves anyway.

Tags
assasin