AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-03, 10:26   Link #421
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Didnt Naruto already do that? He used a Kage Bunshin with the jutsu but then as a decoy....the real body struck him/Kakuzu from behind...
Old 2007-04-03, 10:28   Link #422
yinstro

Whether or not sharingan is dominat or recessive will likely never come into play in this series, and i doubt if it does the author will really base what abilities the kids have, on genetics. However the proliferation of the sharingan and other bloodline abilities is not consistent with what you expect from a dominant trait. Having a very small community of sharingan users in one town only, and being able to kill off all the sharingan users in one night are not things consistent with dominat traits. Any bastard of any user would develop sharingan if it was dominant. long treks away from town, the hook up at the local bar all would have led to sharingan kids. the fact that it is limited to small clans or groups and not even amongst that clan does everyone manifest its abilities implies that it is far from dominant.

Of course as i said, i doubt the author cares about genetics in the story, he will do what he wants. Annd so far he is making sasuke almost completely un interested in women. And he has done nothing to keep his clan alive, he risks death on numerous occaisions, with no thought of a hier. Its not his focus and he doesnt care, its not even an interest at this point. He rushed off to fight itachi at 13 who coudl have killed him easily, he went to orochimaru and took a drug which he knew would kill him, never concerened, hey maybe these drugs will make me sterile. he rsiked being consumed by orochimaru. all of this while a couple of stays with random women could have given his clan a hope for existence, requiring only 2 minutes of action. Obviously its not a concern of his at this point.

Fact is sasuke has been displayeed as a dangerous loner, there is no guarantee or reason to believe he will have any kids. there really isnt even decent reason to believe he will live. the third and asuma have died, its not beyond teh writers cards to kill people off, and at the end of the series anything goes, whatveer teh authro feels like doing to make an impact.

edit yup naruto can have clones do his jutsu
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 11:18   Link #423
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Whether Naruto does the jutsu or a Clone does it for him his arm is still gonna get mashed up cos he is gonna take the extreme amount of damage from the clones arm. I think that's how it'd work.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 11:25   Link #424
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy

Oh yea, not sure how that slipped my mind that his decoy did it.
Lex` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 11:31   Link #425
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

I think the only way Naruto can prove he can use this jutsu without losing an arm is he has to learn to throw it. Which is basically a big Krillin from DBZ rip-off.
Old 2007-04-03, 12:04   Link #426
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukage View Post
I think the only way Naruto can prove he can use this jutsu without losing an arm is he has to learn to throw it. Which is basically a big Krillin from DBZ rip-off.
That woul fit well with Kishi modeling Naruto off of Krillin.

But it is possible that merely holding the jutsu in his hand damages his hand.
Old 2007-04-03, 12:07   Link #427
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
why would a solitary character like him even want to have henchmen, it just defeat the purpose of his "character devellopement".
lame
Assumptions make an ass. . . .
We don't know why sasuke is gathering those people. That's the whole point of reading the story.(finding out)
What we do know is that he was willing to team up with oro to take out itachi. As soon as he discovered oro couldn't do it he was prolly coming up with an alternate plan. Sasuke's not stupid. If he's gonna devote his life to a single pourpose, chances are he's got at least a plan B.
Obviously Sasuke's not gonna need people for things he can do himself so the real question is why are these people being tracked down special?
Old 2007-04-03, 12:51   Link #428
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
That woul fit well with Kishi modeling Naruto off of Krillin.

But it is possible that merely holding the jutsu in his hand damages his hand.
I don't think so. I mean he can hold the Rasengan in his hand fine and the first time he did Rasen Shuriken and it failed it didn't do any damage to his hand. It is the actual hit of the jutsu. It hits the target and strikes them with thousands upon thousands of wind strikes. Because Naruto has to be at close range to set off the jutsu he has to sacrifice his hand for a few of the strikes before letting go so that the enemy cannot escape the jutsu. That's why Tsunade is calling this justu an S-Class jutsu and that it should be forbidden from use.
Old 2007-04-03, 13:07   Link #429
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
Assumptions make an ass. . . .
We don't know why sasuke is gathering those people. That's the whole point of reading the story.(finding out)
What we do know is that he was willing to team up with oro to take out itachi. As soon as he discovered oro couldn't do it he was prolly coming up with an alternate plan. Sasuke's not stupid. If he's gonna devote his life to a single pourpose, chances are he's got at least a plan B.
Obviously Sasuke's not gonna need people for things he can do himself so the real question is why are these people being tracked down special?

didnt sasuke said he planned the whole thing before going to orochimaru? so no plan b
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 13:27   Link #430
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
didnt sasuke said he planned the whole thing before going to orochimaru? so no plan b
It's pretty obvious the Sharigan can see into the future.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 14:13   Link #431
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Naruto if anyone, won´t die as a virgin. All he needs to do is let one of his kage bunshin do a sexy no jutsu and then it´s just...

From what I can recall Sasuke stated that he is an avenger and that he then wants to rebuild his clan. And him forming up a team shows that he´s not planning on getting himself killed when he´s going to go after Itachi ones again. But his priorities are pretty clear and the way he left Konoha won´t make it easier to rebuild his clan again.

Unless he´s going to start a clan of his own. Saskuchiha.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 14:43   Link #432
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
It's pretty obvious the Sharigan can see into the future.
you are joking right?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 14:52   Link #433
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Quote:
you are joking right?
It actually can. Only by like a mili second. Because it sees the move before it hits and then using that advantage the sharingan user can stop the hit. It's not like Ooooo crystal ballllll see into the fuuuutuuuure. It's prediction.
Old 2007-04-03, 14:59   Link #434
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
you are joking right?
Quote:
It actually can. Only by like a mili second. Because it sees the move before it hits and then using that advantage the sharingan user can stop the hit. It's not like Ooooo crystal ballllll see into the fuuuutuuuure. It's prediction.

Tatami, I just pwned you. This is equivalent to when Kakashi first fought Itachi, i just own your ass( I had no idea i was right)
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 15:58   Link #435
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Naruto if anyone, won´t die as a virgin. All he needs to do is let one of his kage bunshin do a sexy no jutsu and then it´s just...

From what I can recall Sasuke stated that he is an avenger and that he then wants to rebuild his clan. And him forming up a team shows that he´s not planning on getting himself killed when he´s going to go after Itachi ones again. But his priorities are pretty clear and the way he left Konoha won´t make it easier to rebuild his clan again.

Unless he´s going to start a clan of his own. Saskuchiha.
You have your own hands to do that....besides even thinking about that....with your clone feels like putting your own stuff in your own ....well i dont even want to mention it...

Quote:
I don't think so. I mean he can hold the Rasengan in his hand fine and the first time he did Rasen Shuriken and it failed it didn't do any damage to his hand. It is the actual hit of the jutsu. It hits the target and strikes them with thousands upon thousands of wind strikes. Because Naruto has to be at close range to set off the jutsu he has to sacrifice his hand for a few of the strikes before letting go so that the enemy cannot escape the jutsu. That's why Tsunade is calling this justu an S-Class jutsu and that it should be forbidden from use.
You may be right...i think the jutsu is sort of floating in his hands and doesnt make real contact to his hands....but after the hit....its pushing against his own hands (i think). And as a result he feels or receives damage aswell.

We should've known though...since we already saw that massive crater and said: that's impossible without getting hit aswell.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:50   Link #436
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro View Post
Whether or not sharingan is dominat or recessive will likely never come into play in this series, and i doubt if it does the author will really base what abilities the kids have, on genetics. However the proliferation of the sharingan and other bloodline abilities is not consistent with what you expect from a dominant trait. Having a very small community of sharingan users in one town only, and being able to kill off all the sharingan users in one night are not things consistent with dominat traits. Any bastard of any user would develop sharingan if it was dominant. long treks away from town, the hook up at the local bar all would have led to sharingan kids. the fact that it is limited to small clans or groups and not even amongst that clan does everyone manifest its abilities implies that it is far from dominant.

Of course as i said, i doubt the author cares about genetics in the story, he will do what he wants.
I was making a joke, I doubt Kishi expects his readers to know Mendalian genetics and whatnot (or really knows it himself). Just poking fun at how dominant the sharingan is, and how if it did follow follow Mendelian genetics it would just pwn all other genes.

If course plot wise Kishi would have the sharingan live on if (and a big if) Itachi, Sasuke and Kakashi were to perish or lose it. He's done it with Zabuba (or whatever his name is), and the 1st hokage, given his love for sharingan I don't think its farfetched. Besides Haku's father was normal and he still got his ice BLL.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 21:34   Link #437
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Besides Haku's father was normal and he still got his ice BLL.
what chapter was that in? i don't remember that

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 21:45   Link #438
Asianknight82
Banned

it was Haku's mother that had the Bloodline limit not father, his father murder his mother after finding out.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 22:02   Link #439
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro View Post
actually teh inbreeding implies its sort of recessive, the implication is that most bloodline abilities are recessive as well. .
NO Actaully, imbreeding prevent s the bloodline from being contaminated. like in Underworld why they didnt want vamps and werewolves to breed. a melding of the species. they think that if only a select amount of people can use. it will be more effective. I mean say the uchiha just banged anyone the clan would grow into a village a village to a country and in the process the kekkei kenkai is so common its no longer the powerful Dojutsu anymore its a cheap parlour trick that any smuck can use with Diluded results. If they keep it in a smaller group the chances of the Sharingan to mutate in an adverse way is slim to none. if its reinfused with more of the same genetic material over a period of timeit becomes stronger and more potent. they wanted this power to stay in the clan. like royalty willl marry within the family to keep the wealth in the same place and the power in th same place. you know what i mean. for instance(britsih people im not picking on you) but the British Royal Family is quite imbred. for many centuries they have their clans amoungst a large family and whomever is closest to the seat of power is usually the oldest of the dominant family, a family heirarchy of sorts. just like the Hyuuga main and Branch family. SInce the clan wants their offsproong to have the Sharingan they do this so that the kekkei genkai is more then likely a dominate gene however the mangekyo sharingan is the recessive gene. because not many have been able to use it.

Hope this makes sense.
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 22:05   Link #440
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
it was Haku's mother that had the Bloodline limit not father, his father murder his mother after finding out.
-*Sigh* Yeah poor Haku, why did he have to die in place of Sasuke? The story would have been so much more intruiging to me if Haku was taken in as Sasuke's replacement should he have keeled over after that arc. But I digress since Sasuke is alive and poor adroginous Haku is buried 6-feet under for the maggots to devour.

-Anyway I wonder why Suigetsu said the words "Sasuke shall bring peace to the world"? What is he, Jesus? More importantly, why would Suigetsu act alone by saying that since Sasuke himself never openly told Suigetsu to convey such a message to the prisoners...