AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-22, 12:20   Link #421
kitten320

I wonder what Chizuru's father could possible to do to put them in his debt...
Old 2010-05-22, 13:56   Link #422
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. I have a high tolerance for the apparently weak heroine, but Chizuru is beginning to get to me, always just closing her eyes and waiting for the blow.
She's not a trained warrior, so it's kinda expected to see her react the way she does. Remember that she was just thrown into this world without any preparation.

It may look like i'm just covering up for her, though if people understood her situation, then seeing her react the way she does during such events shouldn't be all that shocking.
Old 2010-05-22, 14:18   Link #423
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She's not a trained warrior, so it's kinda expected to see her react the way she does. Remember that she was just thrown into this world without any preparation. It may look like i'm just covering up for her, though if people understood her situation, then seeing her react the way she does during such events shouldn't be all that shocking.
She does have some swordfighting training, and is apparently not incompetent. Didn't Hijikata say that when he had her go at him? So she isn't totally unprepared. But I agree that it's fairly realistic, just wish she at least tried to run. However, I do suspect she may become more active in some way in the next few episodes. Maybe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 14:24   Link #424
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
There's a plot?

But I wonder why her last name makes her an Oni and her sword... Those are two easily obtainable things after all.
I was afraid to point that out in my post, but now that you said it, yep, it has absolutely no decent plot D: But as long as there are bishies with sexy voices and who aren't emo, I'm all for it

I'm gonna make a vague guess that her last name is closely associated with the oni in many ways. And the short kanata might be some kinda heritage, or whatever. The thing that is up to debate is whether Chizu is a pure oni or just some kinda experiment of her "dad". Ah the plot thickens
Old 2010-05-22, 15:09   Link #425
kitten320

When she was facing Saito she did say that she can wield the sword. And now she had spent whole year with them. After all this she still keeps her eyes shut? Kinda pathefic if you ask me. Shecould try to do at least something. Otherwise she simply embraces herself and gives others too much trouble.
Old 2010-05-22, 15:49   Link #426
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm a guy and all this bishonen is just killing me but I'm watching it anyway because i want to learn more about Japanese history...

...yes, I know this is a very loosely based. Yes I know that there probably weren't Oni and Evil medicine or anything like that...
Lol. Well I'm a sucker for bishonen too. Na-mu.....
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 16:12   Link #427
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
She does have some swordfighting training, and is apparently not incompetent. Didn't Hijikata say that when he had her go at him? So she isn't totally unprepared. But I agree that it's fairly realistic, just wish she at least tried to run. However, I do suspect she may become more active in some way in the next few episodes. Maybe.
Well it's not like running would make a difference.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-05-22 at 16:41.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 16:19   Link #428
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
When she was facing Saito she did say that she can wield the sword. And now she had spent whole year with them. After all this she still keeps her eyes shut? Kinda pathefic if you ask me. Shecould try to do at least something. Otherwise she simply embraces herself and gives others too much trouble.
She is no warrior, thus it is hardly fair to label her "pathetic" for not acting as one; if anything her reactions are quite realistic. You wouldn't be doing a tough guy act in front of someone you know can kill you in a heartbeat either She has spent a year there indeed, but she isn't there to hone her swordfighting or to become a warrior; she doesn't like to fight and isn't there to do so, her "trying to do something" in that regard is likely to cause more trouble than not doing anything and keeping out of the way of those who can, want and will fight. And there is no lack of people like that around her
Old 2010-05-22, 16:29   Link #429
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Well said! Na-mu.....
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 17:17   Link #430
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

More than a Wakizashi I think its a Kodachi . Intially I had felt it was a Tanto but the bladeis to be big to be a Tanto . Tanto was a weapon of choice for many women . But the the blade is too short for a Tanto .

Reason I am against Wakizashi is, Wakazashi is a Honor sword . Used as the Beheading Sword / Seppuku Sword, either behead fallen enemies or kill yourself .

So IMO its Kodachi which is shorter than a Katana but longer than a Tanto . Katana / Kodachi and Katana / Wakazashi Comparison

Quote:

I did check up on the dialogue Saito refers to her short sword as something . I couldnt make out what he is saying but it appears at 11.10 (Ep 2)

Old 2010-05-22, 18:40   Link #431
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
She is no warrior, thus it is hardly fair to label her "pathetic" for not acting as one; if anything her reactions are quite realistic. You wouldn't be doing a tough guy act in front of someone you know can kill you in a heartbeat either She has spent a year there indeed, but she isn't there to hone her swordfighting or to become a warrior; she doesn't like to fight and isn't there to do so, her "trying to do something" in that regard is likely to cause more trouble than not doing anything and keeping out of the way of those who can, want and will fight. And there is no lack of people like that around her
If you stand up to protect someone, you don't close your eyes and wait until you both will be killed. You will just cause more trouble and in the end it will be that other person dragging you out of the hit. Even if opponent is stronger, if you have stept in then try to do something. At least take out a sword for a show, is that so hard?

I don't tell her to knock them out!
Old 2010-05-22, 20:27   Link #432
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
If you stand up to protect someone, you don't close your eyes and wait until you both will be killed. You will just cause more trouble and in the end it will be that other person dragging you out of the hit. Even if opponent is stronger, if you have stept in then try to do something. At least take out a sword for a show, is that so hard?

I don't tell her to knock them out!
Perhaps her powers aren't with physically using the sword as a weapon. Her training was prob for self-defense and not offense. Maybe the sword is used for something else.

That other guy was surprised that she does menial chores and says that "they can't handle her". Maybe Chizu is a magic wielder and not a fighter and she hasn't fully awakened yet.

They want her pretty badly. It's prob more to it than just another breeding female.
Old 2010-05-22, 21:22   Link #433
kitten320

I was refering to when she was stepping in for those two girls in the village. If she plans to protect them, then don't close your eyes.

And that is a self defense situation.
Old 2010-05-22, 22:04   Link #434
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I was refering to when she was stepping in for those two girls in the village. If she plans to protect them, then don't close your eyes.

Against 3 samurai. She's going to be doing more than defending herself. More like ass kicking.
Old 2010-05-23, 02:18   Link #435
OkamiNoKaze

Well, I'm all caught up having watched ep. 6 and 7. both were really good. Chizuru has a look alike, and possibly a long lost twin. The physical scene was pretty funny, I rather liked her giggle. She had that same giggle watching them do "spring cleaning" too. It's been bugging me who I thought Chizuru reminded me of and I figured it out, Kyonko. from that Genderbent version of Haruhi.
Old 2010-05-23, 03:31   Link #436
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

It's in her nature to stop all that's wrong and try to project the weak, as we've seen on more then one occasion. Just because she does that doesn't mean she's able to fight off those warriors.
Old 2010-05-23, 04:19   Link #437
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Unless, of course, she says to Saito, "hey, cover me, sneak attack! arigato!" I would see it not making any sense.

I guess there are a few questions.

Is the act of stopping a fight and wincing at the attack an act a person with common sense would engage in? -----> Probably not.

So, if Chizuru commits that act, she is lacking common sense in at least this regard. Is her character therefore lacking in common sense? ---->Probably yes.

Is a character like her supposed to have real world common sense? ----> I don't know. Probably not.

All I can say is that as an audience, you can understand why some people would feel annoyance at watching a scene wherein the character brings an act upon herself so that we only see her get rescued.

Of course, she heals quite fast. But if this were so, she would have been walking around crippled and wrapped in sexy mummy bandages all the time as her wounds healed.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 06:04   Link #438
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
On the contrary, it was established that she had atleast some skill so she clearly isn't beyond fighting if she has to. She may have not been there to improve her fighting skills but I find it hard to believe she didn't consider the use of learning how to use a sword better considering how much trouble she keeps getting into. Plus wouldn't she want to absolutely make sure she's not a liability for the Shinsengumi? It seems to me she never keeps out of the way. Especially evident in this episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 06:06   Link #439
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
On the contrary, it was established that she had atleast some skill so she clearly isn't beyond fighting if she has to. She may have not been there to improve her fighting skills but I find it hard to believe she didn't consider the use of learning how to use a sword better considering how much trouble she keeps getting into. Plus wouldn't she want to absolutely make sure she's not a liability for the Shinsengumi?
Saying she has a sword and the skill is easy, though please remember that she is not a trained warrior, so in such cases where she's being attacked, she is going to react like a normal person would and back away. That's the type of character she's been portrayed as since the beginning of this series, so there shouldn't be any surprise as to why she doesn't fight back.
Old 2010-05-23, 06:12   Link #440
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Saying she has a sword and the skill is easy, though please remember that she is not a trained warrior, so in such cases where she's being attacked, she is going to react like a normal person would and back away. That's the type of character she's been portrayed as since the beginning of this series, so there shouldn't be any surprise as to why she doesn't fight back.
I disagree. If she's been there for a whole year then she should atleast have more skill. The more skill you have, the more confidence you have. Chizuru should've had enough confidence to not react the way she did. Especially if she had enough confidence to stand up for the other woman. I don't believe she has to be a trained warrior to avoid reacting like a normal person.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi