AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 21:35   Link #4401
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
They should have given Arche it's own Buster Sword,that one has a rifle in it.I feel like they're trying to rip the Original Thrones too much.

I heard from Homeless(Posted in another board,GameFaqs to be exact),that in a recent interview,someone confirmed that all 5 Drive survived and that they all possess inherant GN Fields,which helps in the Originals Protection.
Old 2009-04-23, 21:40   Link #4402
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
They should have given Arche it's own Buster Sword,that one has a rifle in it.I feel like they're trying to rip the Original Thrones too much.

I heard from Homeless(Posted in another board,GameFaqs to be exact),that in a recent interview,someone confirmed that all 5 Drive survived and that they all possess inherant GN Fields,which helps in the Originals Protection.
Still, how are all 5 there, 0 Gundam's got directly stabbed by exia's sword, the sword that pierces gn fields.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 21:42   Link #4403
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Those 2 Buster Swords are Arche's Buster Swords, they are exactly the same.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 22:05   Link #4404
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
Still, how are all 5 there, 0 Gundam's got directly stabbed by exia's sword, the sword that pierces gn fields.
Yeah,she even specifically mentions that,I'll quote her post.Here's a link to the GameFaqs topic

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=49202453

By Homeless Guy

Unfortunately, a recent interview revealed another magical aspect to GN Drives, and it turns out all five are a-ok due to inherent GN Fields. Even the 0's, which has impaled by a GN Sword before the Gundam it was attached to exploded.

Well,perhaps inherant GN-Fields are totally different than the outer ones.For one,they probably surround smaller areas,and it is directly from the Drive,it could even be a byproduct of the GN Production Process of the Originals,albeit a very useful one for Drive protection and alot stonger than the conventional ones perhaps.

[EDIT]One anlogy that can be used is to compare them with Exia's beam sabers and beam daggers.Both Exia's beam sabers and beam daggers are of the same power,but the Celestial Being was worries that beam sabers could be diffused with beam diffusion technology,Exia's beam dagger's beam blade size is alot smaller,but the advantage is that it is alot harder to diffuse and probably less affected by atmospheric conditions as well.The GN Fields that are inherant in the Drives could be much much stronger than the conventional fields since they are of smaller size and is directly produced by the Drives.

And I thought the sword only partially inpales the Drive.Well,I guess the Drive is much smaller than the Chasis,I guess I should take another look of the episode.But if she and her source was correct and this persist until the movie(Creators don't change their minds),then it will become a reality,whether it is logical or not(In my opinion,yes,there are thousands of plot devices that can be used)

Now that I think about it,I very hardly hear Celestial Being even worried about their Drives being destroyed.....the only mention I remember was Setsuna's respond towards Tiera's threat in Moralia.

Well,I guess we should find out the source of the interview,then.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2009-04-24 at 04:46. Reason: Extra Thoughts
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 23:11   Link #4405
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think the Jagd Arche looks pretty nifty.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 04:37   Link #4406
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I think they should have placed GN Fields generators instead of stealth fields....

And does it have Fangs as well,it would not be a Throne Combo without them.Should have given it Alvaaron's launchers instead.

What's the story on it anyway,was it mentioned why it wasn't used?
Old 2009-04-24, 12:22   Link #4407
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I think they should have placed GN Fields generators instead of stealth fields....

And does it have Fangs as well,it would not be a Throne Combo without them.Should have given it Alvaaron's launchers instead.

What's the story on it anyway,was it mentioned why it wasn't used?
The Jagd configuration is meant to be used against a large group of enemies: the team of 00, Cherudim, Arios, and Seravee wasn't large enough to warrant its use against Celestial Being. As it is, we don't know if it was actually used or not. Some MSVs were actually used, such as the Avalanche Exia, Dynames Torpedo, and Kyrios Gust.
Old 2009-04-24, 14:03   Link #4408
GNWeapon
On Trial

Hmmm seeing those pictures now.. I sure hope the GNHW stuff comes in the HG models in the near future...

As for the Jagd Arche, I find the skirt armor more like what of a MA, doesn't fit the Arche somehow..
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 14:35   Link #4409
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

What is the translation on all the GNHW? Anything we didn't know?
Old 2009-04-24, 16:02   Link #4410
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
What is the translation on all the GNHW? Anything we didn't know?
Nothing really...

GNHW/R = Rifle Bits
GNHW/B = Beam
GNHW/M = Missiles
Old 2009-04-24, 20:47   Link #4411
Crimson Faust
Zero Conscience Tactician

At least in this series they've made use of shoulder cannons and optional equipment. In previous series that was simply a no go. I only have one peeve with his show's technology. How would a Semi-Perpetual Motion Drive generate Solar Energy? That has me drawing a blank...
Crimson Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:49   Link #4412
kakakka

GN-Drives generating Solar Energy?

Is this true?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:55   Link #4413
Crimson Faust

Yeah! Crazy I know, it's science!
Old 2009-04-24, 20:58   Link #4414
kakakka

I never heard that GN-Drives produce Solar Energy.

It produces energy, but not from the sun.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 21:30   Link #4415
Glio

It doesn't, apparantly it's only called a solar furnace because it produces energy like the sun. It doesn't get energy from the sun.
Glio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 21:35   Link #4416
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Faust View Post
At least in this series they've made use of shoulder cannons and optional equipment. In previous series that was simply a no go. I only have one peeve with his show's technology. How would a Semi-Perpetual Motion Drive generate Solar Energy? That has me drawing a blank...
The GN-Drive's do not need the sun to produce energy.

The GN Particles are a byproduct of the energy generation of the GN-Drives,this we know is stated in the series itself;I think one of the supplmentary materials.It's energy source seems to come from a decay in byronic matter,something in the Drives acts as a catalyst for the process.

The GN-Drives's construction was finished around 100 years ago,ever since then Drives have been operating continuosly.You can say that the Drives themselves are similar to the sun,having a VERY VERY long lifespan and is perpetual.They have a low production mode though,when they're not in use.Some say that the high gravity of Jupiter wold also be instrumental for creating something like this

The GN-Drives also produce little[Or maybe no]heat,making them highly efficent.

One of the theorist around here,tanqexe,if I'm not mistaken,proposed that Hydrogen is the main source of energy for the Drives,since it's almost everywhere.Other's have posted their own as well and you can find their theories.......right here on this topic.....somewhere in one of these pages.There are lots of them.But the official line have always been "byronic matter" ,we also know that topological defects are used in the process.

This only applies for the Original Drives however,we have no idea how the Taus work.While we know the basic idea is electrcity is converted into GN Particles,we have no idea how it works,whether it really is just an energy to GN converter or it's actually simulating the Original Drives,but just very very inefficent to the point where there is no energy surplus and non-perpetual.We also have no idea whether Topological Defects are used or not in Taus,most people believe no but I have yet heard official statements thus far that confirms or denies it.

Most of the things mentioned above are not mine,just series facts or theories of other users.I'm an economics student not a physics one and my knowledge is limited to my understanding of them,I haven't even taken any physics courses yet.But I hope I relayed them correctly.

Here is tanqexe's page:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00...?showtopic=699

The theories section hasn't been updated since like episode 20 or so,so it doesn't take into account things like Suicidal Trans-Am or Tau Twin Drive but I believe the GN-Drive section should still be good to use.Other people's theories can be found.....well somewhere on this very topic that we are right now.

I wish I could have translation for most of the manuals but sadly there is no one place to get them.
Old 2009-04-24, 22:49   Link #4417
Crimson Faust

I know that the GN Drive is a method to produce energy, but in the show and various hints push to the idea of constructing an atom rather then building a byproduct. Hydrogen may be a plausible theory but I cannot concure. First off the GN Particles are nothing more then light, and having a catalyst seems unlikley as well on top of that there was no need to replace spent hydrogen, no tank for water or gas so that idea is bummed. It looks as if the drives are merely using centrifugal forces in a magnetic field to either A: Compress particles into a new particle, or B: Destroy particles using a form of Fusion, my first theory was Anti-Matter, but seeing as how neither drive obliterated anything when the first suits were destroyed that went out the door. ( I also realize that this is an anime and the laws of physics don't actually apply, this is merely speculation.)
Old 2009-04-24, 23:27   Link #4418
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I suggest you might want to read up on this speculative post here, which neatly describes the GN Particle asides from the QBW aspect. Note that this post isn't official, but damn if it isn't extensive.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 00:28   Link #4419
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Hmm...whatever happenend to tanqexe anyway?
Old 2009-04-25, 14:37   Link #4420
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

The guy's a medical student,I can imagine him being busy.Frankly,I'm surprised he had the time to write up his theories in the first place.