AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-01, 21:44   Link #4421
silveus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
How much do we know about the Bureau's formative years?
Depends on what exactly you mean.

The TSAB seems to have been formed at the end of the Saint King unification wars. And also, right after that is when the modern era began and the started using a new calendar system.

The original series and A's took place in 0065, Strikers takes place in 0075ish, Vivid is 0079, and Force is 0081.

So the TSAB has only been around for 80 some years, and that's assuming that the TSAB was fully formed and operational on 0001, which may or may not be true.

The TSAB was founded by the 3 brain's in jars seen in strikers episode 20. they eventually passed leadership to three others, Leone Phils, Largo Kiel, and Midget Crowbel.

Those three are still alive, but the Brains in Jars still run things from the shadows.

The only other things we "Know" about the TSAB is that it didn't exist as a nation state or the like durring the warring states period. And that the TSAB has banned mass based weapons and the like, presumably to maintain peace and all that stuff.

You can probably infer a couple of other things. Like, the TSAB must have had decent military strength to ensure stability after the long wars, and thus, somehow had to have gone through those wars without getting involved.

But nothing has specifically been said.
Old 2014-06-01, 22:11   Link #4422
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually from what I read, TSAB was active during the Saint King Unification Wars.
Old 2014-06-02, 04:58   Link #4423
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Mmm, quite interesting, but some seems conflicting. Any quotes on these? Just the hard facts and in-story rumors are fine, it'll give me more wiggle room
Old 2014-06-02, 21:55   Link #4424
silveus

From the wiki, here's the only real information we have.

First came the warring ages of old Belka.

http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Warring_Ages

This predates all the Vivid characters old memories and stuff.

"The Warring Ages ended when the Belkan homeworld became uninhabitable due to centuries of pollution (possibly caused by unrestricted use of mass-based weapons) and the Ancient Belkan empire collapsed."

"The collapse of the Belkan empire was immediately followed by the Saint King Unification War."

So following the Warring Ages, we go into the saint king unification war

http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_King_Unification_War

"In the immediate aftermath of the war, Mid-Childa emerged as the new dominant force in the multiverse and established the Time-Space Administration Bureau and the Saint Church to promote peace and contain dangerous Belkan war legacy in the worlds administrated by it."

"Although canon sources are vague about the dates, it may be inferred that the Saint King Unification War ended some 20 years before the adoption of the modern Mid-Childan calendar."

Modern Era

"The last member of the Belkan royal family, Olivie Sägebrecht, becomes an object of worship for putting an end to the war and the Saint Church is formed as a result. Mid-Childa, as the new dominant power of the multiverse, bans mass-based weaponry due the great danger associated with it. TSAB is established to promote peace among the dimensional worlds. Saint Church becomes the successor to many Belkan traditions and, in return for their cooperation with TSAB, is granted a region in the Northern Mid-Childa that is now the Belkan Self-Administrated Area."

So that's all we know.

Logically, for Mid Childa to emerge as the dominte force, it must have had some powerful economy and military might, either by being really lucky in the wars, or by just not fighting.

Regardless, after the wars, Mid was poised to sweep in and grab all the remaining power.

There was also a 2 decade time span between the end of the wars, and the adoption of the calander. Traditionaly, new calenders are adopted on important dates, so we can take a guess and say that that important date, was the official founding of the TSAB.

However, prior to the founding of the TSAB, Mid was most likely forming alliances and otherwise consolidating power into what would become the TSAB for those 20 years. Planets signed on to what would basically be a cooperative military treaty, think Nato or the Warsaw Pact nations, and also likely a free trade union. planets would need to be vetted, to see if what they were bringing into the alliance were worth the costs.

Further, all of these planets would need to slowly transition into whatever the new government system was, likely a democracy or republic of some form. Prior to that, we had quasi theocracies and military oligarchies and Stratocracies.

Remember, it took the USA several years to get everything finalized, and they didn't have a century spanning inter-planetary war to recover from at the same time.

At this time, those three brains in jars were doing their thing. And then at some point, they passed it off to the other 3 who currently seem to be the "face" of the tsab.

Last edited by silveus; 2014-06-03 at 04:05.
Old 2014-09-18, 15:37   Link #4425
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Are the "A La Carte" comics officially stated as being canon in the main timeline (S1, A's, StrikerS, ViVid, FORCE)?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-09-18, 16:22   Link #4426
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, they are not.
Old 2014-09-18, 21:36   Link #4427
NiwaDaisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Are the "A La Carte" comics officially stated as being canon in the main timeline (S1, A's, StrikerS, ViVid, FORCE)?
Only the 3 main volumes.
Movie A la Carte is part of the movies timeline canon.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:38   Link #4428
silveus

i was pretty sure that the only things that weren't cannon were the original stuff, from triangle heart 3, the movies and their supporting comics, the portable games, and the innocent game and it's manga.

I thought the S1, A'a, and strikers comics were supplemental information to their respective seasons.

from the wiki

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's THE COMICS is a one-volume supplemental comic book for the namesake anime series, serving as part of the main Nanoha continuity, primarily published from July 31, 2005 to January 13, 2006. The series covers the stories between Nanoha and A's, side stories of A's and its epilogue.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS THE COMICS is a two-volume supplementary manga series for the namesake anime series, serving as part of the main Nanoha continuity, primarily published from September 30, 2006 to December 27, 2007. A special chapter was later published on July 30, 2009.

Sound stage X, Vivid and then Force are the continuation of the main continuity.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:56   Link #4429
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The A's comics, StrikerS comics, ViVid, and Force are all canon, yes. The movies are their own separate continuity, as are the video games.

The A La Carte comics are nothing more than fanmade comics that were released by Seven Arcs. They are not officially recognized in the franchise story timeline, and are inconsistent with them and one another anyway. Contrary to certain popular beliefs, there is nothing proving that they are a part of the franchise.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2014-09-20 at 22:20.
Old 2014-09-20, 16:32   Link #4430
NiwaDaisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveus View Post
i was pretty sure that the only things that weren't cannon were the original stuff, from triangle heart 3, the movies and their supporting comics, the portable games, and the innocent game and it's manga.
This is right, but it's not that they're not canon, they're part of different timelines that are independent of the canon in the main timeline.

MSLN A la Carte is a official part of the main timeline canon as people know. I own the volumes 1 and 2, Seven Arcs and Masaki Tsuzuki-san don't make inconsistent stories, A la Carte included.

[*snip*]

Last edited by NiwaDaisuke; 2014-09-21 at 00:22. Reason: Leave the pointless bickering out.
Old 2014-09-20, 22:06   Link #4431
silveus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I just realized i misunderstood the question. I thought you were asking if the manga's for season 1, A's, Strikers, vivid, and force were Cannon.

my bad
Old 2014-09-27, 18:32   Link #4432
silveus

So, what exactly is the infinite library?

my memories are sorta lacking here, but i remember in A's when it was introduced. it was mentioned something like, all books or all information gets sent there. but it was also a disorganized mess.

That to me sounds like the process of things getting sent there is automatic.

also, in vivid it's shown as a really large facility and it's also mentioned it's dangerous.

Is that all that was mentioned? or do we know how it's collecting info? or is that a wrong assumption on my part? if the library itself is collecting info from the ancient belka era, then that would make it seem if the library is some form of Lost Logia itself,
Old 2014-09-29, 08:25   Link #4433
Gx Hero
Rambler

The answer is quite simple. The infinity Library is the central and largest information deposit in the TSAB, every publication from TSAB and some from non administered worlds.

The infinity Library seems to be separated in parts, there is the public sections for of course the general public, then there is the private parts for Military, government, and possibly others use.

Also these sections may be divided on what world they are from, Belka being a highly technological world would have needed a place big enough to store it. Vivio being a librarian probably has access to all but sensitive and classified data.

I have no idea if the library is self collecting, I assume not and that by the way on how publications are handled a copy ultimately gets sent to the infinity library and is sorted. Also I do not think the library is a lost logia, though we have hardly seen its out side for all we know it is half a city big.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Old 2014-09-29, 16:51   Link #4434
silveus

So in A's when they had to bring Yuuno in to search for stuff regarding the Book of Darkness, that was just due to it being massively disorganized and understaffed?

Ah well, i guess i can work that into my story.
Old 2014-09-29, 18:34   Link #4435
Gx Hero
Rambler

basically or at least that section. the public section and newer stuff is probably organized.

Then again before Vivid we thought that was all the infinity library was that one room.

Old 2014-10-04, 14:10   Link #4436
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I know i'm annoying but i like to be well ifnormed.

Are the "Vivid Life" yonkomas canon?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-10-04, 19:01   Link #4437
Gx Hero
Rambler

no, they are not

Old 2014-10-04, 20:08   Link #4438
NiwaDaisuke

Vivid Life is part of the main timeline canon.
Old 2014-10-05, 17:34   Link #4439
Gx Hero
Rambler

Is there a translated version somewhere?

Old 2014-11-05, 10:25   Link #4440
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I've been wondering, but what exactly do Scaglietti(tm) cybernetics do? Are they limited to augmenting vision, strength, etc? Or do they amplify magic potential(C-Rank to A-rank, barely existent to C-Rank?)