AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-08-08, 03:38   Link #45121
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
I got an idea about that

What about a brute force close-quarter combat IS that was so optimized (max out all available bus slot to maximize strength) that the makers forgot about the melee weapon(Hammer probably) that was intended to go with it?

This is why the IS's range capability is very limited.

What could you do against another flying IS with range weapon and your unit can't get in range with all the firing?

Grab a lamp-post, either use it as a pole arm (IS optimized for brute force. Even if the Lamp-post would be obliterated against the Golem's energy shield, the IS could still deal some damages ) or just throw it at the opponent.

The moment the Opponent is in a daze, get in range and beat the living crap out of it.
Good idea! The question is do you have the will to grow it?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 03:42   Link #45122
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I went the other way:

Implement the force field IN the weapon, so that it can exert a tremendous crushing force like when a shield is used offensively. And because of the size of the generator, only one weapon design can carry it: a hammer the size of an IS.

That is the principle behind the Rafale Industries Vulcan Werkshop Custom CQC Device "Mjolnir", a weapon so massive that it requires strength values well above and beyond that of any unboosted IS.

Which is why it is inscribed with this warning: "If when does one prove worthy shall she wield the power of Thor."
Old 2013-08-08, 04:25   Link #45123
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I went the other way:

Implement the force field IN the weapon, so that it can exert a tremendous crushing force like when a shield is used offensively. And because of the size of the generator, only one weapon design can carry it: a hammer the size of an IS.

That is the principle behind the Rafale Industries Vulcan Werkshop Custom CQC Device "Mjolnir", a weapon so massive that it requires strength values well above and beyond that of any unboosted IS.

Which is why it is inscribed with this warning: "If when does one prove worthy shall she wield the power of Thor."
..... remind me of Fate/zero's berserker's skill. Anything he used is a Noble Phantasm
Old 2013-08-08, 04:28   Link #45124
DarkJak2050

Thinking about it is making that particular IS a real Energy Burner.

More of an Energy Burner than Byakushiki.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 04:38   Link #45125
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I went the other way:

Well, instead of 1 forcefield generator, you could use many small ones and only on the impact sides of the hammer.
Also, what about a wrecking ball?
Old 2013-08-08, 04:39   Link #45126
DarkJak2050

A wrecking ball is like a ball and chain...

If not, the same.
Old 2013-08-08, 04:49   Link #45127
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
A wrecking ball is like a ball and chain...

If not, the same.
Well, just change spike to laser drill!
Also, now know it, how about intergrated it to Shenlong's impact cannon (nano machine on the air)?
Old 2013-08-08, 05:05   Link #45128
DarkJak2050

It's his choice if he wants to or not.
Old 2013-08-08, 05:21   Link #45129
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's so annoying when I have to reset Ichika's flavor everytime I write about him. There is nothing distinct about him at all. *uck*

Just saw ultimatum... and I see that the GentarouXNadeshiko ship is more or less sunk "HOOORAAAAAY FRIENDZONE!"
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 05:38   Link #45130
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Gentarou isn't good enough for Nadeshiko. I support NadeMayu. FOURZE X WIZARD RIDER GIRLS OTP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, instead of 1 forcefield generator, you could use many small ones and only on the impact sides of the hammer.
Also, what about a wrecking ball?
By using one big one and having it face all directions, is that you can use that hammer in all directions. And one big part is easier to replace and a lot stronger than a lot of small parts.

For a small part, I'd admit its because of STYLE. I said before I live on Rule of Cool, and something like IS is just full of it (or else we'd have less sexualized battle armor like the Urban Full Armor kit that Vandam Titus and the subsequent MPIS possess as standard, than girls in force-fielded leotards.)

For the rest however would come from the large stack of technical data I invented to give the universe a bit more consistency, and give me a technical basis create heros and antagonists quickly.

The hammer is a symbol. It is the mainstay of brutal force in mecha anime, and homely idol Erika Weber was given that honor to be the Cute Bruiser. Her ISper ability augments the processing capacity of an IS' structural integrity fields, allowing her to generate far more force per unit of willpower and hence wield the Mjolnir and boost its own field generator further. Vulcan after all designed the Equalizer to make use of Erika's ISper ability. Officially, it was his gift to his granddaughter for earning passage into the prestigious ISA, but its also large enough to hide quite a few secrets to set up several other plot arcs. The fact that its a weapon from Vulcan Werkshop means that its rare, different and yet well-built enough to be an object of interest to many parties (again, plot material.)

In [The Infinite Stratos] reboot, Erika for now makes cameos on idol variety shows, with an IS-sized piko-piko hammer. Just gonna leave the Mjolnir out for now because it is extraneous detail in this continuity.
Old 2013-08-08, 05:42   Link #45131
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Now it's GentarouXChifuyu w0000! This ship will sail!
Old 2013-08-08, 05:42   Link #45132
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
It's so annoying when I have to reset Ichika's flavor everytime I write about him. There is nothing distinct about him at all. *uck*

Just saw ultimatum... and I see that the GentarouXNadeshiko ship is more or less sunk "HOOORAAAAAY FRIENDZONE!"
That is also what I though when watching that Kamen Rider Movie War. Seriously, Gentaro is really the type that into older woman!
(Now remember it, we have Shotaro (W), Gentaro (Fourze), Haruto (Wizard) and Ryutaro (Den-O) - all end with "o"!)
Old 2013-08-08, 05:55   Link #45133
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well there was that thing with Nao-chan. XD She still looks delish. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 2013-08-08, 05:57   Link #45134
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

*whacks everyone with Weber's piko-piko hammer*

Stay on topic, desuno!
Old 2013-08-08, 06:00   Link #45135
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can relate to what you mean now meister when you once said that determining the VA's for your character make them much easier to write out. Much of dialogue I write happens when I imagine the characters themselves saying such words.

?

Hammer!?!?!?!?!?!

HAMMER ON!
Old 2013-08-08, 06:27   Link #45136
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hammer? Take this:
"KIVATE IKUZE! DOGGA FEVER! EMPEROR THUNDER SLAP!!!"
...But seriously, what elements do you guys think the 3rd-generation for Charlotte (sooner or later. After all, she is the "poster girl"!) should has?
Old 2013-08-08, 09:58   Link #45137
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's hot. That was the only thing that ran through the mind of one Orimura Ichika as he stood on the asphalt racetrack. Despite dressed in nothing more than a skintight diving suit like outfit and a metal bangle, he was here to race. It wasn't a race where he was to run, nor was it a race to drive. It was a race of flight.

SCHWAAAAAA~!!!!

The sound of roaring cheers blared from the bleachers and echoed against concrete white washed walls. This was the largest racing event that is hailed as equally anticipated as the F1 and moto GP. This race is the Cannonball Fast. An event where people who piloted powered armors fly around a circuit, surpass each other in speed and perform the most heinous of acts to distract others short of directly attacking. It may sound harsh, but it's all a sport in good faith. At least it should have been. Ichika was still quite sore from those warning shots during practice.

Listening to the crowd, an uneasy queasiness settled in the pit of the teen's stomach. This was a situation he should have been used to. His status as the only male pilot to the super weapon known as the infinite Stratos should have tipped him off plenty that publicity like this would occur. But he was not prepared, his gut was twisting itself and the thousands of pairs of eyes not counting the TV cameras were all boring holes into him. He felt like quite the freak being laid out like this. Though looking around, it seemed none of those in the same situation as him were experiencing such hardships.

Two of his childhood friends were doing stretches and warm-up exercises. The two blondes in their group were silent and unmoving, most likely using mental processing to make final adjustments to their machines. The smallest girl amongst this motley crew had already called out her own IS, the Schwarzer Regen. It seemed she was checking to make sure her current equipment did not hinder movement too much. Ichika had once asked her why she added another of those giant cannons to the unit since it would just add weight. She replied with a smile as if she was keeping a secret, though it came out more like a slasher testing a detective to figuring out the trick to an impossible crime. Needless to say he withdrew quickly with a flimsy excuse and the resolve to teach her more about normal human interaction on another day.

It all felt like some huge cosmic joke. Seriously...

Are we the only ones with personal units among the first years?

Cannonball Fast was divided into various classes. Each class had different sets of racers. First, division was separated by Year level. So there were the First Years, Second Years and the Third Years. Each group was then further partitioned by personal units and non-personals. After even that, the races were divided into two brackets. The top three of each race from the personals would participate in an inter-year race with other personal unit owners. Non-personals would have a similar event. As for those who would not make the top three, the divided personal and non-personal events would participate in their own long distance endurance race. Which meant a round trip from Tokyo to Kyoto and back. Translating further to over 800 kilometers of travel. For a car that would probably mean hours of travel. For an IS? It would last as long as a regular marathon at a little over an hour. After all, they travel at transonic speeds at low altitudes.

Ichika gulped as he remembered the itinerary, he had no intention of joining that long distance sprint. He was at least aiming for third in this case. Letting his eyes wander again, it seemed none of his peers were willing to participate in what could be dubbed as the losers' bracket.

“Ugh... I wonder what they're all thinking?”, the young man wondered to himself.

Beneath the serious exterior of the girls, the heart of a pure maiden was drumming mad thoughts that could only be born from some odd fusion of shoujo and shonen manga.

I will definitely win and have Ichika praise me.

Yes, the things one would do for love.

But the target of these thoughts was utterly oblivious to such. Rather he continued to dwell on an unsettling fact.

We really are the only first years with personal units?

Ofcourse the young man knew first hand they were not the only ones with personal units in the whole school. The unfortunate run in with a partly disrobed Sarashiki-sempai proved to him that there were other people in other years who had personal units. So despite the claim to have one of the precious 467 remaining units in the whole world, there seemed to be a high concentration in ISA, not even counting the training units. All thing considered ISA most likely had the military force to bring a medium sized country to its knees. With an estimated number of 50-100 units under its care, it would not be a laughing matter if the institution decided to take action. In fact, the military capability of the school, ISA or Infinite Stratos Academy, was so great, it was distinguished as neutral independent nation as any country that annexed it would have considerable firepower at their disposal. Just for scale, if ISA has 50-100 units, other countries only have at best 8. It would take a high amount of coordination between the owners of the remaining 350 plus units to overpower ISA. Assuming any of them would cooperate at all without having some form of military or political gambit in play to sow distrust in each other during the endeavor. Such was the power ISA wielded, or perhaps it is the power IS have.

Shaking his head, the teenager freed himself from such thoughts. Sometimes it was natural for him to start thinking deeply on these things but really, there were more important things to think about. Like the race.

“I can do this!”, Ichika cheered himself on. The twisting in his stomach seemingly getting worse.

“OH! Racer Orimura seems to have been encouraging himself! Let's cheer him on folks!”

The loud booming sound of the arena speakers was easily drowned out by the following cheers of the crowd.

“Eh?”

Orimura looked up and around him. All the girls about were giving him dirty looks. One of the blondes, Charlotte the French representative cadet was looking at him worriedly. His childhood friends Houki and Chinese representative Rin were openly glaring. British Representative and other resident blonde Cecilia was giving him the silent stink eye. Laura, the German representative cadet, on the other hand was just giving a flat stare, like she was looking at something inexplicably dumb. Despite all the eyes pressing into Ichika from all sides, from the bleachers and from the televiewers from all over the world, even the top dog of every defense contractor who are probably sipping champagne in the VIP box, Ichika felt the worst of it all from those five girls. Mostly because he was usually within arms length AKA abusable range of them.

----

My brain hurts. Watching news has me pumped to make some sort of child criminal vigilante manga which is completely and utterly bonked on the head that nobody would prolly read it. But I badly want to write that out.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-08-08 at 11:04.
Old 2013-08-08, 20:41   Link #45138
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
My brain hurts. Watching news has me pumped to make some sort of child criminal vigilante manga which is completely and utterly bonked on the head that nobody would prolly read it. But I badly want to write that out.
Its a phase we all have...

Exhibit A: Magical Lyrical Bhalkad: The First Striker in Nanoha OC
Exhibit B: Ikagami Ryouchi in Negima OC
Exhibit C: Prototype Karon/Imouto in ISOC that drove Zero nuts

Old 2013-08-08, 21:02   Link #45139
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Its hurts to know those guys I had in mind are still normal by that world's standards... A middle-school assassin as the hero(?), an athletic female every girl classmate as the muscle, a prostitute as an informant, an otaku unknowingly idolizing himself as the techie, and the child arms dealer who does this work to pay for his tuition.

Applying them to any fandom would probably be impossible. Except maybe getbackers or something.
Old 2013-08-08, 21:05   Link #45140
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Its hurts to know those guys I had in mind are still normal by that world's standards... A middle-school assassin as the hero(?), an athletic female every girl classmate as the muscle, a prostitute as an informant, an otaku unknowingly idolizing himself as the techie, and the child arms dealer who does this work to pay for his tuition.

Applying them to any fandom would probably be impossible. Except maybe getbackers or something.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?! That's the premise of Assassin 11, KILL ME BABY, and Saki (the teenage vigilante from the 1980s armed with a saw-bladed yoyo!)

In fact... you've already given me ideas...

This idea would be at home in Black Lagoon. It would also help with a Star Wars 1313 fic. And I might even be able to work them into either Negima or Nanoha from a more gritty angle.

Even Toaru is possible, hell, that's where this idea was going!!

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2013-08-08 at 21:16.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest