AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-22, 18:17   Link #441
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Has anyone heard differently that we won't be able to transfer what DLC we have on our DSis until the 3DS firmware update in May?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 18:20   Link #442
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Has anyone heard differently that we won't be able to transfer what DLC we have on our DSis until the 3DS firmware update in May?

Well, when I had pre-ordered my 3DS, the clerk had told me that I should be able to put everything onto say.... an SD card.

Though I can't guarantee it, you SHOULD be able to.
Old 2011-03-22, 18:29   Link #443
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
That is true, you can't transfer stuff from your DSi until the big system update in May, which should also come with an internet browser for the 3DS and the e-shop.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 00:48   Link #444
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, the internet browser update is what i'll be waiting for the most.
Old 2011-03-23, 09:01   Link #445
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
a belgian anime con this week end
Made In Asia, right?
Quote:
My biggest gripe with this feature is that it takes some "concentration" to adapt yourself with the 3D. That would be fine if it was just when you are starting a game, but when you have to switch your focus on the bottom screen often (due to menus etc), it is just extremely tiresome for the eyes over few instances: it is just even more taxing your stamina, as you have to keep your concentration in check, forcing you to barely "gaze" at the bottom screen.
No idea if it is a generalized issue or if I'm just too sensitive to this, but I can't see myself playing this thing more than 30 minutes, unless other games aren't as eye screwing as SMB.
You're not the only one. Someone I know who went to GDC a couple weeks back had the same complaints. He also said that the framerate with 3D on is bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Saying that, my time on the handheld will probably be spent playing all the DS games i need to catch up on from the past 2/3 years.
Then why bother with it? Buy a DS instead. It's much cheaper, and has better battery life.
Old 2011-03-23, 11:35   Link #446
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Then why bother with it? Buy a DS instead. It's much cheaper, and has better battery life.
Because i'll want to play the 3DS games that are released.
Old 2011-03-23, 14:48   Link #447
Ace101

I cant wait to pick this up! But I still have a problem with the high price of the games! Guess we gonna have to get used to this......
Ace101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 16:58   Link #448
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace101 View Post
I cant wait to pick this up! But I still have a problem with the high price of the games! Guess we gonna have to get used to this......
40 USD is a high price? It's more or less rounded up from the average DS game price of 35 USD. If I recall, there were some DS games that cost 40, of course I'm no expert on this since I haven't bought a ds game other than pokemon white in a year.
Old 2011-03-23, 17:03   Link #449
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Speaking of 3DS games, two of the major game shops here had Dead or Alive: Dimensions down on their list as a launch release on Friday, and today they've taken it off the list . It's rather bad of them.
Old 2011-03-23, 17:07   Link #450
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Yeah, it's been announced that Dead or Alive was being delayed, I'm assuming because of the issues in Japan (best reason I can come up with at least).
Kinda sucks though, I wanted to play the Ridley stage.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2011-03-23 at 17:19.
Old 2011-03-23, 17:09   Link #451
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Yeah, it's been announced that Dead or Alive was being delayed, I'm assuming because of the issues in Japan (best reason I can come up with at least).
Kinda sucks though, I wanted to play the Ridley state.
Yeah, there was also a DOA event that was cancelled, so it's probably connected.

Ah well. I'll just go with Ridge Racer 3D instead. It'll be in a bundle pack, so saves me a little bit of money.
Old 2011-03-23, 18:18   Link #452
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ah well. I'll just go with Ridge Racer 3D instead. It'll be in a bundle pack, so saves me a little bit of money.
... there's a Ridge Racer? :O
That series is a weak spot of mine, my first game on the PS1

I will do what I always do when a new console gets released: Wait.

Wait until the second, cheaper version comes out and the release games are all cheaper as well.

I do wonder how my eyes will like the 3D, though. I'm fine with movies, but I notice that it strains my pretty eyeballs, so I don't know about playing hours and hours. I'll try to snatch someone's 3DS and try it out properly before I buy my own.

But who am I kidding? I'm gonna buy it anway. Just like that godforsaken PSP2, just because there will be games that tempt me too much.
I'm looking at you, Layton vs. Phoenix! You stupid must-have, you!
I'll just be late as usual
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:19   Link #453
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Kinda sucks though, I wanted to play the Ridley stage.
They should use this delay to add Samus playable
I'll try to get my 3DS today since some people got theirs before the release date.
Old 2011-03-24, 15:18   Link #454
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
... there's a Ridge Racer? :O
That series is a weak spot of mine, my first game on the PS1
Yeah, and it looks pretty damn good in 3D from what i've played of the demo.
Old 2011-03-25, 11:15   Link #455
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Got my 3DS today on launch day, with a copy on Ridge Racer 3D. As expected the 3D does hurt my eyes a little bit after a bit of play, though i was expecting that already so it doesn't bother me. The hand held is such a good looker. :3

Just a shame the launch game list was pretty poor. There's nothing else apart from Pilotwings that i wanna get, and i don't feel like paying full price for it. Bring on DOA: Dimensions!
Old 2011-03-25, 14:36   Link #456
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ehhh so yea, the coolest, most fun peice of kit about atm, seriously great fun!

Messing around with Face Raiders and the AR Cards(which is just seriously cool shit)
I never bothered with any launch titles, but I did put through a pre-order of Zelda, can not wait for that one

Now don't know if it's just me but seems older/normal DS games look a little weird, don't know if I can say crappier than on a DSi but somehow I'm almost inclined to say so but then i don't really care as this is one smashing piece of kit.

Bring on the summer releases!

p.s You know what I really hate about getting new stuff like a handheld is putting on protectors, took me bloody ages>_<
Old 2011-03-25, 14:41   Link #457
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Now don't know if it's just me but seems older/normal DS games look a little weird, don't know if I can say crappier than on a DSi but somehow I'm almost inclined to say so but then i don't really care as this is one smashing piece of kit.
So far the only DS game i've played on the 3DS in Pokemon Black, and it looks pretty damn stunning. Not to mention the new sound setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
p.s You know what I really hate about getting new stuff like a handheld is putting on protectors, took me bloody ages>_<
I need to buy myself one of them, along with a new case for the 3DS and games. Do you guys think a DS case will work?
Old 2011-03-25, 14:52   Link #458
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Gotta say - the 3D looks pretty neat. I especially like the mini games that you get for free lol. Nothing like killing a dragon peeking out of your desk.

Still, I'll wait D:
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:54   Link #459
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
So far the only DS game i've played on the 3DS in Pokemon Black, and it looks pretty damn stunning. Not to mention the new sound setup.
I just see it as being a tad fuzzier than before.

Oh and forgot to mention before but I do have one big problem with the 3DS and that is the vol slider, why they went back to that is utterly beyond me.
I much prefered the buttons for vol. control

Quote:
I need to buy myself one of them, along with a new case for the 3DS and games. Do you guys think a DS case will work?
Well I don't know if the 3DS is slightly bigger than the DSi/Lite but I think it is so any cradle case probably won't work.
I just went with a starter pack (£15), doesn't have a cradle case tho.
I enjoyed the flip and play cradle case for my DSi so think I'll pick one of them up later.
Old 2011-03-25, 15:19   Link #460
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i'm probably best just waiting for official 3DS merchandise.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds