AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-14, 12:31   Link #441
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

it silly ... and trying to be serious just makes it sillier. If it does turn actually irretrievably tragic in some way, that would be a poor move methinks.
Old 2009-02-14, 12:44   Link #442
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I highly doubt anything serious will come out of this now that Najimi is Kakeru's Nakama along with other soda-cans. The show sould slip into mediocrity from here on. I just hope Yuri finds a can also that will kiss her and hug her and touch her and...

Happy Valentines Day everyone! Have a good touching session.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 15:03   Link #443
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That would be a "happy" ending for this show.... Yuri getting her own can
Old 2009-02-14, 21:06   Link #444
Midonin
Last Engage

One more thing about this week off. There was another ED remix regardless. This one has Nomiko walking like Budoko did in live action, and apparently took several musical cues from Goranger's ending.

Not half bad as far as these ED remixes go.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-15, 02:08   Link #445
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
after seeing this show......well whats to see of it at least
i have concluded something very important

YELL>ALL
that is all

btw best quote ever
Spoiler:

Last edited by MercFH; 2009-02-15 at 02:43.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 19:18   Link #446
yupyupyup

It amazes me to see this many posts for this show. To me, it's a sin to even air this show. May someone explain to me, to which audiences this show is aiming at? It's just down right silly to me from concept to music and animation. This show makes School Days Oscar-worthy! (if they ever consider anime category! LOL)
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 21:17   Link #447
Midonin
Last Engage

That it's silly is what makes it work so well. The show may not be "good" in the traditional sense, but it's fun. It's not always logical or completely knowing where it's going, but it's fun. The quirky-to-the-point-of-almost-unbelievability cast, the very premise, and at least half of the attraction comes from the fact that Jun Fukuyama gives Kakeru a lot of life.

I also like hearing how the ED is remixed every week, but that may just be me. As long as it keeps up the fun level (and even if it stumbles and keeps trying), I'm looking forward to watching it to the end.
Old 2009-02-18, 12:46   Link #448
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿

I like this show because it's random. Some shows are good for plot, some for animation, this one is almost always good for a laugh. I wasn't aware that shows had to target and appeal to specific audiences in order to be successful.
Momosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 17:07   Link #449
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That it's silly is what makes it work so well. The show may not be "good" in the traditional sense, but it's fun. It's not always logical or completely knowing where it's going, but it's fun. The quirky-to-the-point-of-almost-unbelievability cast, the very premise, and at least half of the attraction comes from the fact that Jun Fukuyama gives Kakeru a lot of life.

I also like hearing how the ED is remixed every week, but that may just be me. As long as it keeps up the fun level (and even if it stumbles and keeps trying), I'm looking forward to watching it to the end.
Have to quote this guy. I agree w/ everything.
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 20:04   Link #450
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its extraordinarily silly, absurd, and basic vaudeville lech humor .... but the VAs are really throwing themselves into the dialog; and I have to say the dialog (especially Kakeru and Najimi's lines) is pretty far out there.

Episode six might prove to have been where they *should* have ended the series but since the preview shows Yell coming to school I imagine the silliness will multiply and I'm sure another can or two may appear.
Old 2009-02-20, 01:26   Link #451
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ok

finally i know what steel and aluminum cans use

for aluminum well of course they are mostly used on carbonated drinks

while steel are mostly used on those fruit drink the non carbonated sweetened or unsweetened ones
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 03:26   Link #452
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its extraordinarily silly, absurd, and basic vaudeville lech humor .... but the VAs are really throwing themselves into the dialog; and I have to say the dialog (especially Kakeru and Najimi's lines) is pretty far out there.

Episode six might prove to have been where they *should* have ended the series but since the preview shows Yell coming to school I imagine the silliness will multiply and I'm sure another can or two may appear.
The end of the ep was certainly done as an jab at the typical story wrap up trope. This is the 2nd one I'm aware of since IIRC ep8 Seto no hanoyome. They give the feel like they belong at the end of a series but aren't.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 03:35   Link #453
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It reminded me of the Spice&Wolf story style of specific adventure arcs in which at the end the relationships are improved and arranged for the next arc.

(yeah, yeah, this isn't really something to look at that closely ).
Old 2009-02-21, 13:04   Link #454
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP did indeed change this week, and it's not too bad of a song. What's strange is the animation for the new OP.

Namely, it's exactly the same as the old OP's, just rearranged. Like some sort of MAD to the old OP. I've seen that done with endings before, but those usually have static or limited animation where it doesn't matter what's being put over it.
Old 2009-02-21, 13:26   Link #455
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

New OP? No, MAD.

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 17:48   Link #456
neothe0ne

LMAO REUSED ANIMATION LIKE WHAT?

And if you thought Gundam SEED openings were bad.... this has NO NEW FOOTAGE. AT ALL.

LOL.

edit: Also, "Miracle Plan ga Dekichatta" is far better than "Juicy Ecstasy" as a song. sorry serenade_beta

Last edited by neothe0ne; 2009-02-21 at 17:59.
neothe0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 17:57   Link #457
Nosauz

well vexx, you have to realize that spice and wolf was somewhat good, based on a good source unlike this shining beacon of QUALITY that is Akikan.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 18:22   Link #458
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
well vexx, you have to realize that spice and wolf was somewhat good, based on a good source unlike this shining beacon of QUALITY that is Akikan.

It is for me. This is QUALITY in it's own way. (there is no sarcasm here). I like Akikan

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 18:54   Link #459
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm convinced that Serenade is one ecchi-na-ko in denial. How else can I explain the lack of mention in his post where ....

Spoiler for episode 7 specific:

As Serenade has pointed with a lot of reluctance, the episode is one big innuendo. And I freakin' enjoyed it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 22:34   Link #460
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm convinced that Serenade is one ecchi-na-ko in denial. How else can I explain the lack of mention in his post where ....

Spoiler for episode 7 specific:

As Serenade has pointed with a lot of reluctance, the episode is one big innuendo. And I freakin' enjoyed it.
dohohoho

sounds like a great episode. i'm loving this series.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen