Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 08:12   Link #441
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

A New And Maybe Better Way To Stop People From Being Jerks Online

Hmmm as someone commented ,
Quote:
I really dont think this is a good idea...Knowing how many immature kids there are online, giving them the power to punish people is a bit of a scary thought.
This will be a double-edge , and that will happens.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 09:38   Link #442
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Being bad at League of Legends won't be a punishable offense, the developers noted.
I find the fact that they even had to comment on this, utterly ridiculous. Who would EVER be penalized for being a bad player? :S
On the matter of judging, having no means of communication during the votes can be troublesome; how can you know whether a player is intentionally disrupting gameplay or if he is just a feeder, if he fell in a team of "pro" guys who ganged on him and told him to uninstall the game? Note that this is the most serious offense against the most common case, and yet it's pretty hard to solve.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 09:45   Link #443
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I find the fact that they even had to comment on this, utterly ridiculous. Who would EVER be penalized for being a bad player? :S
Here is your answer:

Quote:
I really dont think this is a good idea...Knowing how many immature kids there are online, giving them the power to punish people is a bit of a scary thought.
In short, kids and retards don't care. They will punish anyone that doesn't act as how they want.
Old 2011-01-14, 12:29   Link #444
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
As far as I remember people have been reporting players because they were getting reported and thought it was a way to get back at the people they were annoying. I have seen reports for the most ridiculous reasons: a hero who was fed and gets reported, kill stealing, being bad at gameplay. Remember that even the obnoxious people can report and are even obnoxious when reporting.

I think this system is good, the mods cannot handle all the reports coming in, let alone all the whinning that comes after from players who find their account banned. Check the tech forum, there are dozens of obnoxious under age kids who whine there to get unbanned while some were unbanned but got banned again in a day or 2. They don't even realize that mods can check everything.

However it has been rare that someone has gotten perma banned, or thatreports are handled quickly. This way it can be sped up. The people picked for this are not randomly picked, it is like some of the in game mods of WoW some play themselves but have a good reputation and are adult in behaviour etc. Someone like that can easily see if something is intended or simple bullshit.

Then again most of the people of this class are in elo hell. I am almost out of it and found much more appealing matches in the last days rather than 2 levels ago.
What I don't know is whether or not a person is ip banned as well, cause some have multiple accounts and simply play on another one.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 15:25   Link #445
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I wouldn't worry about multiple accounts, for a few very simple reasons:
1) They'd have to re-purchase champions and runes.
2) And get 29 levels before they can ever hope to find you in ranked games again.
Quote:
kill stealing
Is this viable? Like, if a support repeatedly KSes a carry or something?
Old 2011-01-14, 18:10   Link #446
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is this viable? Like, if a support repeatedly KSes a carry or something?
Obviously not. It's really hard to determine which one is KS, and there is no way to check if what you are reported is true or not.
Old 2011-01-15, 01:45   Link #447
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Could always use Xfire and send a video of the match after the report. Although that would increase the judge time from a minimum of 1min to a minimum of 20min...
Old 2011-01-18, 02:20   Link #448
killer3000ad

For Nasus's brother, he looks more like crocodile than a jackal. I sure hope he's 3150 as I don't have the IP for 6300.
Old 2011-01-18, 13:00   Link #449
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seems really cool to play. Don't be surprised if you think he was too op in the video , he had more imba items , more level & 40% more Fury
And seems like since this video , Riot already fixed-nerfed Renekton's CD.
But still , i like his Dice & Slice ^^
Yeah , will be great for 3150 , but i think it's 6300..
Old 2011-01-18, 13:44   Link #450
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Don't all new champs go for 6300? The only one I can remember being cheaper is Trundle at 4800 or something...
Latest match news: I'm now LV29, and people's skill is getting really good...and their attitude oh so much worse! Still, it's really nice to be pushed, because I can explore new tactics and item builds (like getting an emergency Hg sash when facing Sion, Panth, Nunu, Jax and Morgana) and also finding out some interesting stuff, like how cleanse doesn't clear suppression effects from ults like WW, Malzahar and Sona, etc.
Sad to say, but although Sona's really cool I always get paired against the likes of Pantheon, TF or generally characters that make me more gank-prone, resulting in feeeeed.

About Renekton: he seems very balanced to me. Mediocre healing abilities, short to mid range with S&D, fair ulti. Doubt he can hold his own against heavy DPSers like Trynda though...Renekton VS AD Ezreal should be fun.
Old 2011-01-18, 15:52   Link #451
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well vs Trynd , he probably won't or not , cuz Trynd's ulti will be nerfed for 1sec , this can help , exhaust him while he's using it. So , i think it'll depend on the playstyle.

Ow and , i noticed that you can't easily run away from Renekton if he gank you even with flash , 2 Dash + stun ( add exhaust + Flash or ignite) , ouch.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-01-18 at 17:47.
Old 2011-01-18, 20:10   Link #452
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Eve got nerfed and we can't jungle her.

I find Jax, whom I been playing for a while, extremely fun to play. He is so viable. (I follow Dyrus' build)

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-01-18 at 20:23.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 01:40   Link #453
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I find Jax extremely annoying :P Mainly because I can't counter him with a simple thornmail (which pwns any and all Yis who decide to get in my way), and ofc I hate his dodge as much as everyone else does
Quote:
Ow and , i noticed that you can't easily run away from Renekton if he gank you even with flash , 2 Dash + stun ( add exhaust + Flash or ignite) , ouch.
Yeah, the double dash does give him quite the boost, unless you can snare him somehow. Think I'll be saving up some IP for now
Old 2011-01-21, 14:43   Link #454
Lostdreams

Woot I got a gold icon for solo que ranked. I think two more wins until 1900. My new goal is 2K solo que ranked elo now.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 15:04   Link #455
Kafriel
Senior Guest

My rank is 0, I THINK I'll keep it that way. Had my best defeat with Sona (1/12/33) and was told I sucked for various reasons like not chasing after Poppy early game to gank, wasting ulti to save a tower, build got criticized because I went D.ring -> Goddess tear -> swift boots -> soul shroud -> DFG -> deathcap ->hourglass, because I build AP mid to late game. Anyways, the other guys were far more experienced than me (~120 wins, against 1139, 9XX, etc.) so is my build "made of phail"?
Looking forward to co-op AI, think it's gonna be the only thing I'll be playing...that, and 3v3 with Urgot, safest bet I've made
Old 2011-01-25, 01:22   Link #456
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm caught up between two items: since enemy teams are usually caster-heavy, I tend to opt for MR, and I was wondering, which do you think is better (for caster, tank and caster off-tank): Abyssal scepter or FoN?
Old 2011-01-25, 02:17   Link #457
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I personally would go for the Abyssal Scepter depending on how many casters/AP-reliant champs you have on your team, but that's because I don't like FoN (I don't find health regen and move speed very useful compared to aura debuff). Too bad FoN doesn't give health like Banshee's.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 06:38   Link #458
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I'm so glad vlad week si over. Uugh every single match I have played was against a Vlad and since I usually played mid I would do nothing but play against Vlad.
The worst and most laughable thing I saw was a Vlad with Clarity, XD ahahahaha~
Now it is Fiddle and Fortune week, but noob Fiddle's are fun to play against since Fiddle is also one of my mains.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 08:54   Link #459
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There has been complaints about how tanks teams are becoming to difficult to handle. Honestly, I have experienced facing against one, and it's hell, I tell you. How 'bout you guys? Any reactions about all-tank teams?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 11:04   Link #460
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It depends on the team...for example, Vlad/Gragas/Galio/Nunu/Udyr is one of the most lethal combos I have met (four ults can drop like da bomb, tons of HP for all of them, decent healing and a few stuns/slows), especially when my team had two assassins, one tank, one caster and a dps. The assassins are very weak versus tanks, so it was practically a 3v5 with two annoying dudes on our side. On the other hand, if they get Alistar/Taric/Nunu/Nasus/Sion, a team of a tank, one support and three carries can make them melt like butter. Now, since you don't know about it beforehand, if you're caught in such a situation and got an improper team to counter them, it comes down to out-macroing the other team, i.e. keep someone on the defence for backdoors, get jungle buffs first, and then push two lanes at the same time, so that they can't focus all of their power at the same place. Key role in such a match would play the support characters, who can dish out indirect damage and weaken the enemy enough for your team to have a chance.
Quote:
noob Fiddle's are fun to play against
Most of them don't know their ult is interruptible, it's so much fun looking at their faces later

Tags
league of legends, lol