AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 15.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 43.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 11:56   Link #441
fuzzybunny

Is Vivio someone mentioned in episode 13? I've seen up to 12 but I don't think ive heard the name mentioned yet.

Is Vivio the one advertised for sound stage 14.5?
Old 2007-06-27, 11:58   Link #442
Seiryuu

Wow. Even if this is a Mahou Shoujo, I really didn't expect this much reference. I simply, half-conscious, thought of the powerful, peace-destroying "tsubasa" and couldn't stop myself.
As far as story, I'm not worried that things will go downhill. As I said before, we're right at the beginning of the interesting part. 10-13 introduced the deeper facets of the plot, so I think 14-17 will reveal a good deal about the real goals and motives, 18-21 will show the progression to major conflict, and from 22 on, all hell breaks loose. So long as the purpose defined in the next few eps is not really bad, I think these people will pull it off.
Anyway, next week Slider Sakura faces off against the Giant Mosquito.
Old 2007-06-27, 13:54   Link #443
Jimmy C

As far as the "purpose" is concerned. I see two possibilities directly related to the prophecy. If it is possible and desired, prevent it from happening. Two, if it is impossible, to pick up the pieces after it has come to pass.
Old 2007-06-27, 15:59   Link #444
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybunny View Post
Is Vivio someone mentioned in episode 13? I've seen up to 12 but I don't think ive heard the name mentioned yet.

Is Vivio the one advertised for sound stage 14.5?
she is the mysterious loli who popped out of the man hole...and yes her name is mentioned in this ep (while we knew beforehand due to some spoilers)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-27, 17:42   Link #445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
@LoweGear & Chaos Hahah. Dont take that too seriously, it was partially a joke.
Sure it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to wonder if we'll see Chrono hanging out anywhere but Carim's place? Though that will open up a lot of discussions on how he never seems to leave. Hope that information doesn't get out..
Well, the day he leaves would be the day he HAS to wear back his Barrier Jacket

Quote:
Well just hoping we'll get more out of vivio in the near future other than crying. Not often one has to either cringe at the screen or put up the mute button for saftey purposes
I'm about to find out what everyone means...

Watching it now.
Old 2007-06-27, 17:57   Link #446
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think we'll have Chrono's big battle scene pretty soon depending on when he leaves Carim's place then. I wish him luck it could be one of his most dangerous missions ever (well aside from the Hayate limiter thing )
Old 2007-06-27, 18:02   Link #447
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
I think we'll have Chrono's big battle scene pretty soon depending on when he leaves Carim's place then. I wish him luck it could be one of his most dangerous missions ever (well aside from the Hayate limiter thing )
Considering the rate at which Scaglietti is producing those Relic weapons, Nanoha and co. will surely need all the help they can. Our rookies will need a power upgrade or SOMETHING soon, or they'll be left behind. I believe those Relic weapons are at LEAST rank-AAA-level.
Old 2007-06-27, 18:19   Link #448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No no, what I meant was actually less interesting

The only reason why Chrono's wearing uniform is because he's invited by Carim. So once he leaves, he'll return back to his barrier jacket.

Which means they'll have to draw something else

Quote:
Considering the rate at which Scaglietti is producing those Relic weapons, Nanoha and co. will surely need all the help they can. Our rookies will need a power upgrade or SOMETHING soon, or they'll be left behind. I believe those Relic weapons are at LEAST rank-AAA-level.
Actually they themselves aren't really that shabby despite what people might think of their ranks...

And now that they'll devices have "level-up" from episode 10, they should be packing around A ranked skills.

Relic weapons? Oh you mean the Numbers? I won't give them that high of a rank , probably just AA rank on an average. Their specialized skills however, probably exceed S rank.
Old 2007-06-27, 18:55   Link #449
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually they themselves aren't really that shabby despite what people might think of their ranks...

And now that they'll devices have "level-up" from episode 10, they should be packing around A ranked skills.

Relic weapons? Oh you mean the Numbers? I won't give them that high of a rank , probably just AA rank on an average. Their specialized skills however, probably exceed S rank.
That makes sense. I wonder when we'll see weapons able to fight against Nanoha and Fate.

And yes, "Relic Weapons" is what Scaglietti called them back in episode 6.
Old 2007-06-27, 19:05   Link #450
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh my god, you guys were right... Vivio's crying is really...

Quote:
That makes sense. I wonder when we'll see weapons able to fight against Nanoha and Fate.

And yes, "Relic Weapons" is what Scaglietti called them back in episode 6.
Well officially, they're known as Espa- *cough* I mean, 'Numbers'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S - Onii-chan for the win !

"Fate! Not in front of all the other young ladies...!"
Old 2007-06-27, 19:23   Link #451
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Oh my god, you guys were right... Vivio's crying is really...
... NOW you watch it?! Maybe my complaints make more sense now?

Quote:
Well officially, they're known as Espa- *cough* I mean, 'Numbers'.
Well, Lutecia and Zest are not numbered, that's why I didnt specifically say "Numbers" and went with "Relic weapons" to count them too.

Quote:
P.S - Onii-chan for the win !

"Fate! Not in front of all the other young ladies...!"
That was great, yes, but what stole the show was Nanoha's "tatsukete!" (dunno how to write that... I just write what I hear )
Old 2007-06-27, 19:46   Link #452
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
... NOW you watch it?! Maybe my complaints make more sense now?
It can't be helped The chinese subs were one day late

Not really though, but I can see why Vivio is the "Would-Be-Empress of Moe"

If she lives

Quote:
Well, Lutecia and Zest are not numbered, that's why I didnt specifically say "Numbers" and went with "Relic weapons" to count them too.
Technically they aren't genetically engineered either

Jail didn't 'make' them.

Quote:
That was great, yes, but what stole the show was Nanoha's "tatsukete!" (dunno how to write that... I just write what I hear )
I don't know, if you looked back, a number of people agreed with me
Old 2007-06-27, 21:20   Link #453
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Technically they aren't genetically engineered either

Jail didn't 'make' them.
They are his "experimental relic weapons". He said that in episode 6. Sure, he didnt create them from scratch, but they are still his creations.

Quote:
I don't know, if you looked back, a number of people agreed with me
Didnt I also agree with you?

The onii-chan thing was good, but its not something new. When Fate first said it in the Sound Stages, then it was pure gold.

Have you gotten an habit of disagreeing with everything you see lately?
Old 2007-06-27, 21:47   Link #454
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
They are his "experimental relic weapons". He said that in episode 6. Sure, he didnt create them from scratch, but they are still his creations.
I'm not too sure about that, he could be refering to their devices...

Because base on how he treats them, I don't think they're 'created' in that sense...

Quote:
Have you gotten an habit of disagreeing with everything you see lately?
I meant the part with Chrono/Fate was better, not that it wasn't good

And it's just your imagination >.>
Old 2007-06-27, 21:59   Link #455
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Because base on how he treats them, I don't think they're 'created' in that sense...

Quote:
Old 2007-06-27, 22:28   Link #456
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:

Hmm... I watched that scene again, and his "they" clearly refers to Lulu and Zest, not their devices. Where did you get that from? If there's any hint that its their devices that have relics implanted into them, I have completely missed it.

And I dont think he needs to treat them like dirt just because they are created. An engineer takes care of his creations, most of the time.

Quote:
I meant the part with Chrono/Fate was better, not that it wasn't good
And I was telling you my opinion. I dunno what other people think, and sincerely it doesnt really matter.

Quote:
Souka... My bad, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

Oh no, the return of Kha's nods. I dont know if you're messing with us or what, though.
Old 2007-06-27, 22:36   Link #457
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Hmm... I watched that scene again, and his "they" clearly refers to Lulu and Zest, not their devices. Where did you get that from? If there's any hint that its their devices that have relics implanted into them, I have completely missed it.
Lutecia may had been Jail's once... but I highly doubt Zest was. Jail for one doesn't talk to him the way he does to Lutecia...he even addresses him mildly formally, adding a Knight title to his name. Agito for one clearly isn't Jail's, but that doesn't make her and Zest dislike him less...in comparison, Lutecia who well... was his, doesn't really have any enmity towards Jail, even if she's giving him the cold-shoulder treatment.

Not to mention Jail clearly prefers his creations...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-27, 23:17   Link #458
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

And I dont think he needs to treat them like dirt just because they are created. An engineer takes care of his creations, most of the time.
You're right that he doesn't have to treat them like dirt. But if he was her 'creator' he wouldn't be asking her nicely, he would be ordering her.

That's why I'm confused.

Edit: Yeah, now that I've it again, he dd refer to them as 'relic weapons'.

BUT, it doesn't mean that he owns them Remember there's the cilent out there.
Old 2007-06-27, 23:38   Link #459
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Lutecia may had been Jail's once... but I highly doubt Zest was. Jail for one doesn't talk to him the way he does to Lutecia...he even addresses him mildly formally, adding a Knight title to his name. Agito for one clearly isn't Jail's, but that doesn't make her and Zest dislike him less...in comparison, Lutecia who well... was his, doesn't really have any enmity towards Jail, even if she's giving him the cold-shoulder treatment.

Not to mention Jail clearly prefers his creations...
Yeah, we know for sure that Agito isnt one of Jail's creations. Good point about Zest, though. I never thought about it that way.

But letme get this straight: What you're trying to argue here is that Zest wasnt created (or modified or whatever) by Jail himself, and instead could have been created by someone else?

I can go with that.

What I think, though, is that Scaglietti is using cheap psychology when talking to Lutecia, Zest and Agito. Jail is just a normal human, and even if he is a mage, he probably isnt much. As such, he obviously doesnt want to pick a fight against the three. Instead, he just asks for one thing: help when he's trying to retrieve a Relic. Lutecia obviously says yes because she is looking for Relic #11, and as soon as she finds it she'll probably send Jail to hell and go do something else. And man, probably Jail already has that Relic and he wont tell her as he wants to use her. Zest apparently isnt looking for a specific Relic, but he wants to help Lutecia. He already said he wont help Jail if a Relic is not involved, but if there is one, he will help. Agito just wants to hang out with Lutecia and Zest, and help them whenever she can, because they are her saviors.

Still, Lulu and Zest are Relic weapons, even though they werent created from scratch, or even if they werent created by Jail himself. I do think the Numbers were created from scratch, though, so probably Jail has a mechanism to force them to do what he pleases.

I'll just quote Jail:

"If they're going to make a move, then I'll take my time in observing the situation."
"Because they're also precious experimental Relic weapons."

I'll be honest. I know as much about Lulu and Zest as you guys, but I get a headache just trying to read what Jail says and think that they're not Relic weapons.

I just dont know what you guys are actually discussing, as we appear to be in different pages.
Old 2007-06-27, 23:42   Link #460
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Erio

Why do you believe that Jail created them? I'm not arguring whether a not they're born naturally or artifically, but what makes you think that Jail was the one who did it?
Closed Thread