AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-12, 05:23   Link #441
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
... The altitude problem is only an issue of stamina for mages not a total rout...
EP 1 at 17:20 seems to make a hardware limitation.
Old 2017-02-12, 07:42   Link #442
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
EP 1 at 17:20 seems to make a hardware limitation.
High altitude require the mage to keep a second permanent spell" running on top of the flying spell, for breathing properly. Add that to shielding, casting spell on fired bullet, and so on.
It's both a problem of computing gem and of amount of magic peoples can cast.
Old 2017-02-12, 08:17   Link #443
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
High altitude require the mage to keep a second permanent spell" running on top of the flying spell, for breathing properly. Add that to shielding, casting spell on fired bullet, and so on.
It's both a problem of computing gem and of amount of magic peoples can cast.
None of that is mentioned in the anime.
Old 2017-02-12, 08:29   Link #444
mashingan
魔神眼

I'm not be able to remember the names except, Tanya and Being X. Also this Anson Sue because he has raised the death flag

Also that professor, was his name Schneider again?
Oh the assistant too, Visha Serebryakov, right?
========

I would say Tanya's analysis about World War was still in stage of possibility.
When she was asked about her opinion about the war, and then she was inquired about "not seeking" the win, imo, achieving objectives more important than winning the war itself.

For the first place, the war started because the Empire getting stronger just by themselves so neighbouring countries couldn't sit still watching the birth new super power country.

The most critical factor in war is resources, so when Tanya asked about her opinion "not seeking the win", it would wiser for her ask back for the definition of "the winning condition".
Winning not necessarily annexing another countries, gaining trading advantage, superior technology, cultural richness, etc could be considered as winning too (uh, somehow this just like game Civilization ).

So by current pace/plot, it somehow their very definition of "winning" is by annexing another countries, so making more enemies.
Since Tanya from world that already learned the WW2, she could learn much that lone country wouldn't be able defeat coalitions of countries that working together.

Oh, well, maybe it's her nature that everyone is object of competition so she's always thinking of zero-sum game
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 09:11   Link #445
DemonneoPT

Nice episode overall. The major world powers are starting to make their moves and recognizing Tanya as a threat. Things will probably get more complicated for our loli from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
The Anime didn't mention it but the battalion got reequipped with new gen Type 97 based on Type 95's research. They are esseentially the cutting edge mages in the world.
But the anime did mention it. Tanya said some engineer owed her a favor and that's why she was able to equip her battalion with the new technology. I assume it was still not ready for mass production or something like that.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 10:19   Link #446
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
None of that is mentioned in the anime.
You're allowed to think by yourself, too. You cannot breath properly that high, yet they're going there without any technical device to breath/survive the low temperature and the like.
And you obviously don't need that if you're lower in altitude. So, what's the difference between lower and higher for mage? really?
Does an anime about space needs to mention that you cannot breath in space or else yo ucan breath, too?
This is an anime, visual medium, it will skip every single explanation it can skip. And that's definitely one it can skip, just saying.
Old 2017-02-12, 11:58   Link #447
James Rye

Spoiler for Should we be worried about this german trend?:

This anime gets lots of love in Germany, it seems. xD
Old 2017-02-12, 12:48   Link #448
mergele

Without more detailed info on by how much those shows won and whats in the following places this graph doesn't show anything. Then for comparison we also need similar graphs from other countries and also factor in the available shows in each country.In it's current state it's sadly pointless.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 13:57   Link #449
James Rye

It's just a joke, man. You know, because of the Empire being NotGermany in WWI/WWII while some people freak out in the internet over Tanya being a Nazi loli.
Old 2017-02-12, 14:57   Link #450
mergele

Was mainly directed at the graph. I really dig that kind of stuff, gender distribution of a userbase, voting results based on region,... and this graph really pisses me off because it at first glance seems like it would scratch that itch, but actually doesn't do shit and feels like it's mocking me.
Old 2017-02-12, 16:07   Link #451
Botan_TM

So basically this graph triggers a statistician? That's quite a rare sight.
Old 2017-02-12, 16:43   Link #452
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
You're allowed to think by yourself, too. You cannot breath properly that high, yet they're going there without any technical device to breath/survive the low temperature and the like.
And you obviously don't need that if you're lower in altitude. So, what's the difference between lower and higher for mage? really?
Does an anime about space needs to mention that you cannot breath in space or else yo ucan breath, too?
This is an anime, visual medium, it will skip every single explanation it can skip. And that's definitely one it can skip, just saying.
That's probably a slight technical misstep by the script writer in this episode.

WW1 and 2 planes for that matter, do not have pressurize cockpits nor oxygen tanks. Any bombers would have suffer similar consequence at high altitudes, if not worse for extensive exposures, since they aren't as flexible as mages.

And mages @ the battle of Rine had no problems fighting devil Tanya mode at her superior higher altitude position(I believe she was @8000 at the time, same as the bombers) using spacial location spells to attack after a climb. Though this was shown much better in the novel then the anime.

And in the novel, those were "named killers", so probably slightly above normal mages. But mages can fight at those altitudes just not a smart thing. Still planes of that level would have not been the mage killer that is somewhat miscast in this episode.

I believe the issue here is like with all forms of weaponary, It's normally stupid to expose a bad matchup in a battle.

Just like there's really no such thing as a helicopter dog fight, it's not that they can't it's that it's almost a pointless matchup. (basically helicopters are rarely if ever equip for AA, do not have the properties to put up a decent fight, and is way more useful elsewhere). It's to the point if there was a situation that went attack helicopter against each other, they rather just have someone from the ground with a javelin or something shoot it down.

It's probably the same situation a mage might run into, if it weren't for desperate times, you would have pulled back your battalion and hit the bombers with artillery or your own planes. (most likely just call for AA fire in such a case)
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 19:05   Link #453
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Was mainly directed at the graph. I really dig that kind of stuff, gender distribution of a userbase, voting results based on region,... and this graph really pisses me off because it at first glance seems like it would scratch that itch, but actually doesn't do shit and feels like it's mocking me.
Well, I haven't found any numbers in that regards. If I do I'll make sure to upload them here.
Have some fanart instead to calm down:

Spoiler for Couple Youjo Senki pictures:

Hope that calmed down your anger in regards to the missing information from that graph.^^
Old 2017-02-12, 20:43   Link #454
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episodes 2 to 6:
Wow, I never knew that Tanya Degurechaff was once a ruthless HR Officer that he got pushed around by a disgruntled employee. Not only that, but Tanya mocked God or Being X because s(he) doesn't believe in God and Tanya is a heartless bastard as a result.

Of course, Being X should have given powers to Tanya so that she can't do feats like wiping out Dakia or destroying a bomber squadron by herself. I guess that God has other plans against Tanya Degurechaff in the future!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 00:06   Link #455
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Episodes 2 to 6:
Wow, I never knew that Tanya Degurechaff was once a ruthless HR Officer that he got pushed around by a disgruntled employee. Not only that, but Tanya mocked God or Being X because s(he) doesn't believe in God and Tanya is a heartless bastard as a result.

Of course, Being X should have given powers to Tanya so that she can't do feats like wiping out Dakia or destroying a bomber squadron by herself. I guess that God has other plans against Tanya Degurechaff in the future!
The more I see of Being X, the more he seems like a petty asshat with enormous
power, rather than a true divine being (the facial expression on the corpse he was
possessing looked almost demonic).

Now I'm starting to wonder if the disgruntled employee pushed the salaryman in front
of the train because "God" told him to?

That would explain why he'd commit murder in such a public place in front of so many
witnesses.

Being X sure is going out of his way to bully one person into becoming his lackey. I
wonder what's so special about Tanya?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 08:45   Link #456
eiyuuou

All little Tanya wants is a peaceful life.
All Being X wanted was to screw the little girl.
And the result is you get the saga of the devil Tanya the evil

@AnimeFan

I guess if you get the devil of Rhine who goes destroying everything and prays to God in the battlefield, she might be mistaken as the messenger of god and leading more people to pray for God's forgiveness
Old 2017-02-13, 10:32   Link #457
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 13:53.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-13, 12:46   Link #458
mergele

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Well, I haven't found any numbers in that regards. If I do I'll make sure to upload them here.
Have some fanart instead to calm down:

Spoiler for Couple Youjo Senki pictures:

Hope that calmed down your anger in regards to the missing information from that graph.^^
james Rye uses fanart. It is very effective.
That 3rd picture is evil, very fitting.
Old 2017-02-14, 13:30   Link #459
coded321
He Who Games

What do you guys think of the anime so far? For me, i think the studio did a really damn good job adapting the LN, so i was just surprised when i saw quite a number of harsh criticisms or complaints in the LN thread(e.g the art is horrible, flat characters, depiction of being x, lack of details and context from LN, etc)
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 17:36   Link #460
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
What do you guys think of the anime so far? For me, i think the studio did a really damn good job adapting the LN, so i was just surprised when i saw quite a number of harsh criticisms or complaints in the LN thread(e.g the art is horrible, flat characters, depiction of being x, lack of details and context from LN, etc)
It's difficult to adapt works from one medium to another. Personally I'm enjoying the anime but admittedly I haven't read the LN and I've only read a few chapters of the manga. I guess it's a bit jarring that Tanya and Victoria look so "cartoony" compared to the rest of the art but it's something I've gotten used to. It definitely makes Tanya's "crazy" more obvious.

Other than that, the story is pure fantasy wank that clearly asks the viewer to just play along. If there's some kind of evil Nazi propaganda at work, I'm not seeing it. The plot is basically about a mortal idiot futilely struggling against an omnipotent idiot. The rest is overpowered loli war "what if" goofiness. It's fun, nothing more or less.

Tags
reincarnation, tactics