AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-16, 18:49   Link #441
Sukidesu

you could be bold but not for a guy like Sousuke. You would just scared him which she did scared him that's why he was saying in what is this woman trying to do? Why is she doing this to me? She's putting pressure on him. Plus she even go on to his bed? umm woah that's totally bold. He's scared of her.

Kaname is not totally shy but she's shy on the aspect that she can't confess. Confessing is hard that's why I found Tessa's confession to be a little to rush. Kaname blush everytime she do something sweet or going to confess and ended not confessing. lol I find it very cute. As for Tessa, I think she's a little childish. Her personality doesn't fit for Sousuke like I said, she scared him. Plus he only like her as a friend like how he hang with Kurtz and Mao.

Last edited by Sukidesu; 2008-01-16 at 18:51. Reason: editing
Old 2008-01-16, 20:27   Link #442
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukidesu View Post
you could be bold but not for a guy like Sousuke. You would just scared him which she did scared him that's why he was saying in what is this woman trying to do? Why is she doing this to me? She's putting pressure on him. Plus she even go on to his bed? umm woah that's totally bold. He's scared of her.

Kaname is not totally shy but she's shy on the aspect that she can't confess. Confessing is hard that's why I found Tessa's confession to be a little to rush. Kaname blush everytime she do something sweet or going to confess and ended not confessing. lol I find it very cute. As for Tessa, I think she's a little childish. Her personality doesn't fit for Sousuke like I said, she scared him. Plus he only like her as a friend like how he hang with Kurtz and Mao.
yea sousuke is an idiot, but i think sousuke has a gest of what is going on, sousuke probably dont want to explore that area of thought where he and the captain can have a romantic relationship....and i think tessa is just teasing him for fun and to make a move, nothing comes out of doing nothing, her approach might not be agreeable but its fun and interesting way to get someone to notice you more..and she tries to be playfull with him since she know he is very stiff when it comes to her or any other superior/commanding officer......o btw i think sousuke gets freak out by anything a superior officer do....but more so when it comes to tessa......and i think he is scare of girls in general....and his train of thought outside of combat-scenarios is that of a retard which is why he is so funny and enjoyable to watch
Old 2008-01-16, 21:10   Link #443
Sukidesu

hahah he's so humor. He don't have to be funny since every little line of his already is full with humor. lol He's so good looking too and with that built body. He looks good.

lol Tessa has gone too far though lol but it's good there aren't a lot of her well so far from the anime. That's why Tessa's not a type for him. He's scary of women in general but when a girl like Tessa does that, it scared him more. Like for Kaname, she don't even allowed him to touch her muahahah she'll called him pervert but Tessa is so like more hentai. lmao Kaname beat the hell out of him which if it's me, I would do that too. But if it's Tessa she would have loved it. So a girl like Kaname match with Sousuke.

awww going to miss the couple for a while. They're so entertaining.

Last edited by Sukidesu; 2008-01-16 at 22:05. Reason: editing
Old 2008-01-17, 19:14   Link #444
MonkeyDude

The only reason you would fall in love with a Tsundere-type of girl (when a more mentally sane and hot girl is in love with you) is because you are a masochist. I don't believe a healthy, young man would tolerate being hit by the girl he supposedly loves for every little thing there is. Now of course he might tolerate such behaviour if the love runs deep, but the guy will snap sooner or later.

Chidori is probably my most hated Tsundere-type character, second only to Naru of Love Hina. I just don't like people who resort to violence when they can't express their feelings inside themselves, regardless of how hilarious it may look.
Old 2008-01-19, 07:09   Link #445
Pirate
~Lifenumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
The only reason you would fall in love with a Tsundere-type of girl (when a more mentally sane and hot girl is in love with you) is because you are a masochist. I don't believe a healthy, young man would tolerate being hit by the girl he supposedly loves for every little thing there is. Now of course he might tolerate such behaviour if the love runs deep, but the guy will snap sooner or later.

Chidori is probably my most hated Tsundere-type character, second only to Naru of Love Hina. I just don't like people who resort to violence when they can't express their feelings inside themselves, regardless of how hilarious it may look.
Dude its an anime, this isnt real life
Old 2008-01-22, 17:18   Link #446
Sukidesu

lmao no guys would like a violent girl but in this case Sousuke is quite different. Sousuke never looked at Chidori as a violent girl because he himself is even more dangerous than she is. Plus he's so dense that he didn't even look at that. THough he does complain it hurt when she hit him. He just over looked that and see the other side of her.

muhahaha If you look at most of the anime where the girl is so violent and loud, the guy didn't like them but deep inside he has already fallen in love with her. For what reason? For sure it's not that because the girl is violent but it's something other that attracted him.
Old 2008-01-22, 17:27   Link #447
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
.Chidori is probably my most hated Tsundere-type character, second only to Naru of Love Hina. I just don't like people who resort to violence when they can't express their feelings inside themselves, regardless of how hilarious it may look.

Um.....Kaname doesn't hit him to express her love. She hits him because he's always screwing up. That is why I like Kaname. She hits him for GOOD reasons, like shooting a REAL gun in the arcade game and instead of accidentally touching another girl. I think sometimes if she didn't beat Sousuke with her paper fan to stop his actions, Tokyo would be burned to the ground by now. Kaname has all the common sense that Sousuke lacks. Therefore they make a wonderful couple.

Tessa is very weak and rather irritating sometimes. I don't like her much.
Old 2008-01-24, 14:42   Link #448
Sukidesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

Um.....Kaname doesn't hit him to express her love. She hits him because he's always screwing up. That is why I like Kaname. She hits him for GOOD reasons, like shooting a REAL gun in the arcade game and instead of accidentally touching another girl. I think sometimes if she didn't beat Sousuke with her paper fan to stop his actions, Tokyo would be burned to the ground by now. Kaname has all the common sense that Sousuke lacks. Therefore they make a wonderful couple.

lmao yeah, she put some sense into Sousuke. It's funny still though.

I agree about Tessa. She's sometimes very prideful but her action is somewhat irritating. She and Kaname still make good friend though.
Old 2008-01-24, 22:51   Link #449
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

Chidori has the mindset of a civilian free from the hardships suffered by the likes of Sousuke. Even after experiencing a part of his world time and time again, it looks to me that she doesn't acknowledge the fact that his life was shaped up that way.

Does she even know of his past as a guerrilla fighter or that the only thing he knows is a military lifestyle built upon discipline of a ranking hierarchy? I can understand that sometimes a knock to the head is the only way to bring someone to their senses, but isn't she taking things a little too far?

Tessa commands her own submarine that she designed herself, how can you consider that weak? Compared to Chidori, Tessa is probably weaker in terms of physical capabilities. In terms of facing things in a military setting, Tessa's experience is far greater than that of Chidori's civilian upbringing. So to put it in simpler terms, Chidori is stronger physically while Tessa is stronger mentally.

I still firmly believe that those who like Tsundere characters have a hint of masochism in them. Trade places with the guy getting hit and see if you like it, regardless of how hilarious it may look. I'm surprised Sousuke hasn't decked Chidori yet, good thing orders from his superiors stated to protect the ingrate called Kaname Chidori who fails to realize that without Sousuke's lack of common sense, she would probably be long captured/dead by now.

...but that's just me. I like assertive girls as much as the next guy, but I don't like being hit regardless of the gender doing the act. That and I prefer so called meek girls that truly shine when situations beyond their control arise, aka a strong inner will.
Old 2008-01-25, 12:26   Link #450
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
How else is Chidori supposed to stop him then? It's not like you can make Sousuke sit down and explain to him why this is wrong...you have to be FAST about it.

I just think Tessa has a weak personality and she's an extreme klutz...which is also a bit irritating.
Old 2008-01-31, 13:32   Link #451
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
wait wait wait wait wait, i agree with Kaname being for Sousuke, BUT tessa is not weak by any means. Just because she is a klutz doesnt mean jack. She is a FUDGING SUB COMMANDER OF AN ELITE MERCENARY GROUP!!!! i guess you have to be weak to pull that off right? She makes quick decisions in life and death situations. the only thing that is "weak" about her is her love for Sousuke and even then that does not inhibit her commanding skills. She has problems like everyone else in this series, she is not any weaker than any of them! hell i think she deserves most of the credit for being on top of things, she, out of anyone ,has the most to lose, a whole f''in crew including her life along with those she loves!!!!!!

this judgement of her being truly weak will only be played out later in this anime, when we see how her and her brother go at it, cuz we already know they dont really seem to be close and such. I feel this next arch, whenever it is released, will focus on tessa more than anything becuase of Mr. Silver.
Old 2008-02-05, 18:46   Link #452
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Tessa FTW! She is more petite and I like her personality.
Old 2008-02-08, 02:32   Link #453
McMilk
*Artist

Tessa; Kaname's just too loud.
Another reason is, Yukana > Yukino Satsuki lol.
Old 2008-02-08, 10:06   Link #454
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Tessa, I love Kaname.....butttt Tessa is just too cute

btw how old is tessa anywyas?

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-02-11 at 15:52.
Old 2008-02-13, 23:21   Link #455
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post

16 in FMP, and 17 in TSR, and I think 17 in Fumoffu.

I love Tessa, though. The 255 people who voted for her (current number) rock! Not only is she good for being the commander of the sub, she is so lovable (okay, to me and many Tessa fans). Yes, she is clumsy and sometimes immature. Okay, but she is also a competent leader and is very bright and does a lot for Mithril. Yes, she is so cute, frilly, and clumsy, and yet a competent leader of a mercenary group. So at odds, right, but you know, many anime have unique set ups and unrealistic scenarios. Only in an anime will you find a cute and girly girl commanding a state of the art sub and be one of the highest officials in a mercenary group.

Another thing I love about her is that she is both really cute and moe and yet so darn hot and sexy at the same time. An anime girl that can be both cute and hot has a lot of appeal with that alone. That is a big reason why I (and many others) have become Horo fans (of Spice and Wolf) right away! Horo is also cute and sexy. Some anime girls are totally cute, some are really hot and sexy. Some are all of the above, and those type of anime girls I am really fond of. ^.^

Although, I like Melissa Mao a lot, and I like Kaname, too. Both are good characters, and both are vixens who can kick butt.
Old 2008-02-14, 01:32   Link #456
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
16 in FMP, and 17 in TSR, and I think 17 in Fumoffu.

I love Tessa, though. The 255 people who voted for her (current number) rock! Not only is she good for being the commander of the sub, she is so lovable (okay, to me and many Tessa fans). Yes, she is clumsy and sometimes immature. Okay, but she is also a competent leader and is very bright and does a lot for Mithril. Yes, she is so cute, frilly, and clumsy, and yet a competent leader of a mercenary group. So at odds, right, but you know, many anime have unique set ups and unrealistic scenarios. Only in an anime will you find a cute and girly girl commanding a state of the art sub and be one of the highest officials in a mercenary group.

Another thing I love about her is that she is both really cute and moe and yet so darn hot and sexy at the same time. An anime girl that can be both cute and hot has a lot of appeal with that alone. That is a big reason why I (and many others) have become Horo fans (of Spice and Wolf) right away! Horo is also cute and sexy. Some anime girls are totally cute, some are really hot and sexy. Some are all of the above, and those type of anime girls I am really fond of. ^.^

Although, I like Melissa Mao a lot, and I like Kaname, too. Both are good characters, and both are vixens who can kick butt.
ya know even tho tessa is a sub commander and can handle alot of tasks, credit must be given to kaname. she did step up and think like sousuke, act like sousuke in order to outwit yuifan (or whichever twin it was LOL) it is evident that kaname and sousuke definitely depend on eachother emotionally more than tessa and sousuke.

both are strong and attractive, but sousuke and tessa have a work relationship... and we all know how those relationships dont work out.

UGH....can we have a three-some so everyone wins? only instance i support polygamy xD
Old 2008-02-14, 02:31   Link #457
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Is this thread about who'd be better with Souseke? I thought it was just about which girl you simply liked more.
Old 2008-02-14, 04:50   Link #458
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post

16 in all the series. She turns 17 Christmas Eve, same day as Kaname.
Old 2008-02-14, 20:55   Link #459
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
ya know even tho tessa is a sub commander and can handle alot of tasks, credit must be given to kaname. she did step up and think like sousuke, act like sousuke in order to outwit yuifan (or whichever twin it was LOL) it is evident that kaname and sousuke definitely depend on eachother emotionally more than tessa and sousuke.

I didn't elaborate, but I said Kaname and Mao can kick butt. You are right, Kaname has dealt with putting up with hostage situations, been in some dangerous situations, and some how managed to defeat that one woman in TSR. The cool thing about the three lovely ladies of FMP (well, the three main ones, there are others; Ren Mikahara, anyone? ^.^) is that they are all different, for sure, but all are strong in some way. Kaname, Melissa, and Tessa all have qualities that are rooted in strength.
Old 2008-02-15, 23:53   Link #460
elevenstrikes
on the rocks

Tessa might be moe for some guys, but personally, I can't stand her. I think it's because I saw Fumoffu before watching the first season, so when I got to the Tessa episodes, I was all "Who is this chick and why is she so damn annoying?" Also, I think that "innocently cute" kind of girl is also the most manipulative--her type just really rubs me the wrong way, I guess. The only time I felt anything positive for her character was when she was telling Mardukas off near the end of TSR. I have agree with MonkeyDude, though, that Tessa is a much stronger person than she appears to be. It should be obvious by now: she'd have to be, to qualify as captain of the most badass submarine (crew) on the planet. TSR only serves to confirm it.

But I still prefer Kaname. She's funny, more normal, and more down-to-earth than Tessa. Tessa is just a little too unreal.
Closed Thread