AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-06, 22:57   Link #441
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Though in the fight against Isley, the manga seems to be suggesting that Priscilla wasn't exactly regenerating per se, but simply letting her tremendous power out, which was so great it had a "regenerative" like effect on her body, though wasn't actually regeneration. I'm confused by this, of whether she is regenerating or her power-energy release is so massive it enhances her body even more, which has a regenerative like side-effect.
It seems to be the latter; that she's holding back the majority of her power and it regenerates her when she lashes out.

Quote:
2. If say someone was to do an attack that damaged her entire body (like say CLARE with her QUICK SWORD or Helen with her Drill Sword which cuts up that part of the body it targets into tiny little pieces), would this be a danger to Priscilla?
It would be the most effective attack, yes, but a danger on it's own? No, because her regeneration is too quick, like No.4 says.

A powerful signature attack isn't enough if their isn't enough strength behind it.

Now if either of them were to fully-awaken? Then the answer leans more towards Yes.
Old 2009-12-06, 23:08   Link #442
HegemonKhan
Banned

so, such an attack needs to damage her (priscilla's) body too severly for priscilla to regenerate it, however currently probably neither such characters (clare or helen or?) with such attacks are powerful enough?

are we in agreement with this?
Old 2009-12-06, 23:42   Link #443
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
so, such an attack needs to damage her (priscilla's) body too severly for priscilla to regenerate it, however currently probably neither such characters (clare or helen or?) with such attacks are powerful enough?

are we in agreement with this?
Indeed at this point no one can inflict enough damage on her to be considered a danger.
Isley destoryed half her body and she was absolutely fine after that. Also at that time she took his atack head on meaning he didn't have enough power to kill her even he hit her with all he had. Now imagine if she was actually fighting in her awakened form.
The only being that we don't really know the power of is the Destroyer but it doesn't seem logical for it to be more powerfull than Prissy.

Another good way that was mentioned a while back is to kill her is by using Abyss feaders with a power level of an AO which will use a "hit and run" tactic thus depleting her Yoki after a couple of years and effectively exhausting her.
Old 2009-12-06, 23:45   Link #444
HegemonKhan
Banned

just thought of this....

(uses the AF's too, but with a slightly different determination of outcome)

just keep attacking priscilla.... until she EVENTUALLY runs out of yoma power or yoki... lol ... eventually make her use up all of her energy-power (like Luciela or Isley) and then kill her when she's helpless-powerless.

(this would take a really long time though... as her power-energy is horrifically massive)

--------------------------------

oops. i jsut read your last sentence and you already said this.... my bad. lol
Old 2009-12-07, 00:24   Link #445
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well the AE's have come a long way; they were able to inflict so much damage to Riful on their very first run, because they already had experience with another Abyssal....nevertheless, it would take years and years before they could touch Priscilla
Old 2009-12-07, 00:42   Link #446
iLney

And by some inexplicably stupid reasons, Priscilla decided to wait for that day instead of annihilating the Org. Isley's gene?
Old 2009-12-07, 02:20   Link #447
Vantek
Asleep Being

Do you guys think Isley knows about the whole island being just a lab? And so do Priscilla and Raki?
Old 2009-12-07, 03:30   Link #448
HegemonKhan
Banned

yes

(isley probably knows, as he's smart)

(priscilla either knows from isley or maybe she realized it on her own.

(also, it's a good thing she-priscilla never knew when she was still a Claymore, about the Organization making the normal yomas and using this island and Claymores/ABs as a lab)

(if she knows now, obviously she doesn't seem to care at all now as an AO or awakened. if she does know and does care... she'd have destroyed the Organization already with her power)

(at least, raki seems likely to be finding out if he doesn't already know from isley or clare. though it seems that clare didn't ever tell him about the organization that much, nor told him about the real and dark motives of the Organization)
Old 2009-12-07, 09:03   Link #449
TheNumberThree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Another good way that was mentioned a while back is to kill her is by using Abyss feaders with a power level of an AO which will use a "hit and run" tactic thus depleting her Yoki after a couple of years and effectively exhausting her.
Quote:
just thought of this....

(uses the AF's too, but with a slightly different determination of outcome)

just keep attacking priscilla.... until she EVENTUALLY runs out of yoma power or yoki... lol ... eventually make her use up all of her energy-power (like Luciela or Isley) and then kill her when she's helpless-powerless.

(this would take a really long time though... as her power-energy is horrifically massive)
i'm not so sure the abyss feeders would be effective at all against her...when rigaldo/isley first confronted priscilla he commented that yoki was gushing out of her as if there was an infinite supply (or something along those lines)...even if they did get a few hits in on their first attack, by the time they regrouped and came back for a second attack, i'd imagine she'd be at full strength

and i'm not convinced that using isley's flesh would make an abyss feeder more powerful...i think it's fair to say that the organization's used flesh from awakened beings of varied power, and they all seem to have the same abilities
Old 2009-12-07, 09:39   Link #450
Ryuken
Claymore #01

If that ultimante fussion thing becomes a pushover for Prissy, then I'm resighning from this forum.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:40   Link #451
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumberThree View Post
and i'm not convinced that using isley's flesh would make an abyss feeder more powerful...i think it's fair to say that the organization's used flesh from awakened beings of varied power, and they all seem to have the same abilities
I think its debatable, while normal claymores are almost always (with Clare the exception due to having teresa's head) infused with yoma flesh that see's them gaining abilities stronger than a yoma unless the claymore is a "failure"(clarice).

In the case of using an awakened ones flesh, its not out of the question for a AF to become more powerful than the original awakened if the normal process involves the claymore becoming stronger than its donor of flesh.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:47   Link #452
HegemonKhan
Banned

ach, i didn't even think about Priscilla regenerating... the current AFs would be completely useless.

very good point thenumberthree !!

(hopefully i clicked on your post's rep button and not accidentally ryuken's, lol. maybe ryuken, you could let me know if i accidentally gave you the rep?)
Old 2009-12-07, 10:16   Link #453
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

lol reputations

You can only give one reputation for one post so try to do it again. If it doesnt work then you gave it to TheNumberThree, if it does then you gave it to Ryuken
Old 2009-12-07, 11:15   Link #454
HegemonKhan
Banned

ah thanks! didn't know that about the reputation stuff.
Old 2009-12-07, 11:37   Link #455
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
And by some inexplicably stupid reasons, Priscilla decided to wait for that day instead of annihilating the Org. Isley's gene?
Wait, what are you talking about?

Go on, I'm interested.

As for Raciella being stronger or weaker then Priscilla, people seem to want to prefer the latter and it's very possible. Their is still a whole lot we don't know about Rafaela or Luciella; the way Riful said they were just getting stronger and stronger....maybe they have rapid exponential growth like Priscilla does, or some other ability we don't know. We have to give this new mountain of power the benefit of the doubt.

As for Isley knowing the Organization's secrets...it's really hard to tell; he's Number 1, so we can assume he knows much about them. How much, is unknown, but his rank at least tells us he probably knows they create Yoma.

It's assumed he would tell Raki intimate details because he simply needs too, it's too important not to tell him and I don't think he would send his apprentice alone into the wild without even telling him the truth about their origins. They've been together for too long for him to withheld it.

As for Priscilla, him telling her as well is possible too. She obviously didn't have the negative opinion of them now from before, so Isley probably told them both his secrets and that killed her holy-perception of them.
Old 2009-12-07, 11:42   Link #456
HegemonKhan
Banned

shiek,

you don't have to worry about that, Priscilla was the lesson with Teresa.

Priscilla knows full well what happens if you don't eliminate a threat, as she showed teresa, by decaptiting her.

Priscilla ain't about to make the same mistake that Teresa did with her. If there's a threat to Priscilla, she's going to eliminate it on the spot, just like she did to Alicia (and probably beth).

in fact..... (you might hate this shiek, lol)

Priscilla is EXACTLY like pre-clare Teresa!!!

(except, Priscilla hasn't learned to insult others in a joking way like Teresa could, lol)
Old 2009-12-07, 12:25   Link #457
TheNumberThree

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
I think its debatable, while normal claymores are almost always (with Clare the exception due to having teresa's head) infused with yoma flesh that see's them gaining abilities stronger than a yoma unless the claymore is a "failure"(clarice).

In the case of using an awakened ones flesh, its not out of the question for a AF to become more powerful than the original awakened if the normal process involves the claymore becoming stronger than its donor of flesh.
yeah, i just meant that using isley's flesh (or rifuls for that matter) to make an abyss feeder may not make it more powerful then an abyss feeder made with an ordinary awakened beings flesh...(i may have misread something, but i thought i saw someone make a comment about that) of course its possible, but i don't think we've seen anything just yet that gives that argument any weight

all of that is besides the point though; the abyss feeders were manufactured to fight the abyssal ones, my guess is if any of the organizations watchers happened to catch priscilla in action, ie watch her effortlessly behead an awakened number one, chances are they'd start brain storming for new experiments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
If that ultimante fussion thing becomes a pushover for Prissy, then I'm resighning from this forum.
hah...i considered not reading the manga anymore after last chapter, but i decided not to give up just yet, as we still have miria, galatea, and riful :P
Old 2009-12-07, 13:19   Link #458
HegemonKhan
Banned

it might be kinda hard using isley's flesh... as it is being devoured and digested by the AFs where he fell to them.... in the Southern lands

Riful's flesh is still available... but the Organization has no forces left at Riful's-Destroyer's location (except possibly Renee, though we have no idea what she is doing... and Rubel might be lurking nearby... he was last in Lacroa town, which is some what near the Destroyer's location)

actually... you might have a point though.... Dae really wanted a sample of the Destroyer.... maybe to make SUPER AFs ???

Though, considering Raki is probably involved (if they can return him to the HQ... Personally, i don't see why he can't just crush the MiB's heads with his hands, he's so BIG compared to them, lol)... probably something grander is going to be made... like possibly Raki as the Org's "final boss" as many feel might happen...... (i don't though)
Old 2009-12-07, 13:36   Link #459
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Roflmao, I love how Ryuken ALWAYS uses the emocon, even for things he's upset about or doesn't like .

As for the manga, the month-long wait gives me enough time to get over any developments that I don't like. Even If i lose interest, I'll probably look at the new chapters just to see where it heads.
Old 2009-12-07, 22:11   Link #460
evil_kenshin

Quote:
it might be kinda hard using isley's flesh... as it is being devoured and digested by the AFs where he fell to them.... in the Southern lands
well maybe not we did get one last shot of his hand that had not been devoured, so there is some flesh left over.

There is also the flesh that they originally used to get the AF's to track Isley down, now that his dead the flesh can be used as part of the experiment.
Closed Thread