AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-12-07, 23:03   Link #4581
Echizen777

The author is now starting to introduce more characters for the future events. Izayoi seems pretty relevant since he has a role to play in the two first volumes, Asuka and You didn't even appear. He introduced three new main characters so he'll have to develop them as well. They could survive for a while with No Name because the three were exceptional but having many talented members is what will same them.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 02:26   Link #4582
Haru00

Same here, only reason why I liked Mondaiji in the first place to the point of even reading the LN is because of Izayoi, I dont see Homura surpassing Izayoi in the entertaining department anytime soon especially with only 2 vol. A bit dissapointed because we barely got any Izayoi story but still... guess its better than none, its already 2 vol Asuka and You hasnt even been mentioned at all (or have they?)
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 02:37   Link #4583
ImperialFlameGod8190

Here's the interesting thing about this and this is a theory.
Canaria originally planned to bring Homura Suzuka and Izayoi to little garden together. Thats why she gathered them. Basically to raise them to be the helpers. she died before she could finish.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 07:19   Link #4584
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru00 View Post
Same here, only reason why I liked Mondaiji in the first place to the point of even reading the LN is because of Izayoi, I dont see Homura surpassing Izayoi in the entertaining department anytime soon especially with only 2 vol. A bit dissapointed because we barely got any Izayoi story but still... guess its better than none, its already 2 vol Asuka and You hasnt even been mentioned at all (or have they?)
Izayoi is smart, cool, strong af, confident, a leader, multitalented and has a great sense of humor. Homura has a LOT to live up to.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 07:27   Link #4585
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon Luna View Post
Homura is a better protagonist! After what I have learned about him Homura is better!!
How ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Naaaa, the reason this series appealed me to read it was because of Izayoi.

His handsome cool delinquent with a gold heart character is the best hook, and the japanese polls are proof of this.

He is like that shoujo OP character done right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Izayoi is smart, cool, strong af, confident, a leader, multitalented and has a great sense of humor. Homura has a LOT to live up to.
Basically all of the above. If I don't find it interesting enough, I'll skip so much last embryo chapters.
Old 2015-12-08, 08:10   Link #4586
ImperialFlameGod8190

Honestly to me the only thing im truly interested as far as last Emrbyo is concerned is the Asuka faceless situation. Queen halloween looks banging but i dont care as much about her

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-12-08, 10:32   Link #4587
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Homura is a better protagonist! After what I have learned about him Homura is better!!
LoL, not even as a joke he's better. Homura could become an interesting side character at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaiidesu View Post
I seriously doubt Izayoi's power level can go up. Let's be honest, he's already too OP. According to Canaria, Izayoi is the most powerful Candidate of Origin. It's just more of him using more of the power he has contained.
Izayoi is still far from reaching the summit of his powers. Too OP? lol Izayoi is still not a match for Bull Demon King or Sun Wukong. What to say of characters like End Emptiness, Shiroyasha, Queen Halloween or the Demon Lord that destroyed [Arcadia].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muryai View Post
Basically all of the above. If I don't find it interesting enough, I'll skip so much last embryo chapters.
Yeah, Izayoi was actually the biggest reason for reading Mondaiji for me. I truly hope that the author is just introducing the new characters for now, and we'll have our cherished problem children back in the spotlight soon.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 10:56   Link #4588
Dragoon Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
When you put it like that I can see why that one comment about Izayoi being a Kiritio Mary Sue showed up...

Here is the reason why I prefer Homura over Izayoi. To be honest Izyaoi is entertaining but that's it. I got no depth with him, no self journey of any sort. Izayoi is too perfect and truth be told that pisses me off as of late. It's close to saying there isn't anything wrong with him and he is always in the right.

Homura on the other hand has the potential for that growth. I like it when the characters have a, you know, human feeling to them. I mean come on every opponent Izayoi has faced or confronted in were more passionate, more flawed, and more willing to go against Izayoi's ideals. Everyone else jut idolized Izayoi. I felt no connection beyond that. It even felt like Yo and Asuka were just hanging around him not because they were friends but because they looked up to him. It doesn't feel like friendship anymore ever since I started to try what makes the characters entertaining?

Izayoi's personality is too complete. That is what makes him entertaining and yet bothersome to me. He does have flaws...but dear freakin God are they not explored. Not until the AI Dahaka arc. This is why I love the big guy. He FORCED Izayoi to confront his ideals and beliefs and realized that he has to rely on others, hard work doesn't always earn rewards, and there still exits a person who could curb stomp him and take away everything that he loved.

Now onto Homura. We all know the Canaria Foster Home was going under, even Izayoi said the foster home would end Homura and Suzuka's generation. Did he do anything? Nope. Homura, at the age of 13, took over and tried his damn best to keep the home going. When Ayato appeared and offered him the job offer, Homura willingly gave his life to her if it means the home will be saved. Happy ending right?

Wrong! The home is smacked with TONS of financial issues and a bunch of debt, that was also added on thanks to Mikado Tokuta (nice going Indra). Homura is stressed out about the situation and worries about the home. Even so that doesn't mean he has given up. Homura has shown to have a childish and slight manipulative side to him as when the TV that the home had broke, Homura stole money from the Everything Company Ayato owns and bought a new one for the kids because they were sad about it. Of course Ayato found out and do Homura had to become her servant. XD

Homura is adaptable but is willing to snark about his situation. When Izayoi called Homura in LE 1, Homura hung out on him the moment Izayoi asked how Homura was doing. Homura called back after a few moments, holding back anger. Why? Because Homura learned that Izayoi was exploring another world with such carefree an living without responsibilities and able to do great things that it pisses him off completely. He said he wasn't jealous but he was. Then again in his situation you can't really blame Homura to be pissed.

Oh Izayoi wasn't having a carefree life you say? *looks at his accomplishments and the ease of them* .......You REALLY want to say that again? Because Izayoi didn't say anything because he had no clue how to react but silently agreed with Homura! He was honestly surprised and impressed Homira went so far to protect the foster home. Oh sorry he was mildly impressed....only mildly impressed Izayoi? Sorry not everyone can solve problems on the drop of a hat.

Homura is responsible, selfless when it comes to the foster home, intelligent that Izayoi admits to it (an I am willing to bet smarter than Izayoi), willingly shows his anger and jealousy, can get fed up with ridiculous situations, and his main motivation for entering the sun authority gift game is: money. Why? To save the orphanage. Self sacrificing, willing to do anything but not betray himself, and while his gift is more on the intelligence side my theory is that he somehow finds a way to use it to lift the proto kervanos.

Is Homura as entertaining as Izayoi? Hmm well to me he is. His phone call with Izayoi took the cake for the entire volume. Because it was that damn funny and Izayoi had no clue how to react except be honest and reveal other things that sent the boy flying into rage.

Though when it all comes down to it no he is not as entertaining as Izayoi. But Homura clearly struggles with the situation he and the home is in because hey, it's his home. It's the children's home. Even though it was Izayoi's home, the home created especially for him, a place to accept him, he didn't do anything. He simply accepted it's fate. Homura has the goal and motivation to keep the home running, even wanting to return to Earth just so he can go home. He chose canaria foster home over little garden. You do realize how ridiculously loyal and motivated one has to be to make such an easy decision!? Especially since Homira enjoyed his time in [Underwood]!

He loves the foster home to the point he is passionate, reckless and aggressive enough to keep it going.

...oh hey then Homura is kinda like Black Rabbit, willing to do close to anything for the community. And both are adopted by Canaria.

Izayoi is the entertainer, Homura is the audience with a chip on his shoulder and a hell of a lot to live up to. Izayoi is meant to entertain us, but when it comes to emotional depth not much to say. Homura is meant to fulfill that depth and growth that was lacking in part 1's main protagonist. Izayoi is there, his story continues, but taking main focus is Homura for a reason.

My tastes are different. Izayoi will always be an entertaining bastard.

But to me Homura has great potential to be a main protagonist because he has traits of both Izayoi and Black Rabbit. A ridiculously smart boy with an OP gift (IT HAS TO BE OP ITS THE SAME NAME AS AZI DAHAKAS FUCKIN GIFT) who sacrifices his own freedom to save his home.

Homura is Reality, Izayoi is Fantasy. Not everything can be solved with just a punch or a few well thought out plans. You have to make sacrifices to get the results you want. I think Homura is meant to represent that. He got hit by reality and took it head on.
Like I said, responsible to the 11th degree. Izayoi is too but he is more looking for fun things to do than anything else. Though he grew to want to protect and aid his community, in the end he came to Little Garden to have fun. That's it. And to him his accomplishments and battles were just that, fun. Does that not make him feel human? Oh no you can be a hedonist and be 'real' in a sense...but when it comes down to it, Homura feels more real to me given his situation and attitude.

Which is why I am enjoying the hell out of the fact that Bull Demon King went easy on Izayoi and tested him and still landed a solid hit, even though the remaining battle was a draw. Bull Demon King's defenses are too strong for Izayoi to have effect.

Ah getting off topic. Basically I prefer the characters that are self sacrificing and willing to do whatever it takes for the loved ones in their life. The points go up if they are the head of a family or have a family they want to protect. Shounen character? meh, the main inspiration for liking these characters are actually from a real life person who inspired me and still looks out for me. Okay I am done hopefully this long ass reply makes it typing on iPod for thirty minutes....

Last edited by Dragoon Luna; 2015-12-08 at 11:50.
Dragoon Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 11:38   Link #4589
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
When you put it like that I can see why that one comment about Izayoi being a Kiritio Mary Sue showed up...

Here is the reason why I prefer Homura over Izayoi. To be honest Izyaoi is entertaining but that's it. I got no depth with him, no self journey of any sort. Izayoi is too perfect and truth be told that pisses me off as of late. It's close to saying there isn't anything wrong with him and he is always in the right.

Homura on the other hand has the potential for that growth. I like it when the characters have a, you know, human feeling to them. I mean come on every opponent Izayoi has faced or confronted in were more passionate, more flawed, and more willing to go against Izayoi's ideals. Everyone else jut idolized Izayoi. I felt no connection beyond that. It even felt like Yo and Asuka were just hanging around him not because they were friends but because they looked up to him. It doesn't feel like friendship anymore ever since I started to try what makes the characters entertaining?

Izayoi's personality is too complete. That is what makes him entertaining and yet bothersome to me. He does have flaws...but dear freakin God are they not explored. Not until the AI Dahaka arc. This is why I love the big guy. He FORCED Izayoi to confront his ideals and beliefs and realized that he has to rely on others, hard work doesn't always earn rewards, and there still exits a person who could curb stomp him and take away everything that he loved.

Now onto Homura. We all know the Canaria Foster Home was going under, even Izayoi said the foster home would end Homura and Suzuka's generation. Did he do anything? Nope. Homura, at the age of 13, took over and tried his damn best to keep the home going. When Ayato appeared and offered him the job offer, Homura willingly gave his life to her if it means the home will be saved. Happy ending right?

Wrong! The home is smacked with TONS of financial issues and a bunch of debt, that was also added on thanks to Mikado Tokuta (nice going Indra). Homura is stressed out about the situation and worries about the home. Even so that doesn't mean he has given up. Homura has shown to have a childish and slight manipulative side to him as when the TV that the home had broke, Homura stole money from the Everything Company Ayato owns and bought a new one for the kids because they were sad about it. Of course Ayato found out and do Homura had to become her servant. XD

Homura is adaptable but is willing to snark about his situation. When Izayoi called Homura in LE 1, Homura hung out on him the moment Izayoi asked how Homura was doing. Homura called back after a few moments, holding back anger. Why? Because Homura learned that Izayoi was exploring another world with such carefree an living without responsibilities and able to do great things that it pisses him off completely. He said he wasn't jealous but he was. Then again in his situation you can't really blame Homura to be pissed.

Oh Izayoi wasn't having a carefree life you say? *looks at his accomplishments and the ease of them* .......You REALLY want to say that again? Because Izayoi didn't say anything because he had no clue how to react but silently agreed with Homura! He was honestly surprised and impressed Homira went so far to protect the foster home. Oh sorry he was mildly impressed....only mildly impressed Izayoi? Sorry not everyone can solve problems on the drop of a hat.

Homura is responsible, selfless when it comes to the foster home, intelligent that Izayoi admits to it (an I am willing to bet smarter than Izayoi), willingly shows his anger and jealousy, can get fed up with ridiculous situations, and his main motivation for entering the sun authority gift game is: money. Why? To save the orphanage. Self sacrificing, willing to do anything but not betray himself, and while his gift is more on the intelligence side my theory is that he somehow finds a way to use it to lift the proto kervanos.

Is Homura as entertaining as Izayoi? Hmm well to me he is. His phone call with Izayoi took the cake for the entire volume. Because it was that damn funny and Izayoi had no clue how to react except be honest and reveal other things that sent the boy flying into rage.

Though when it all comes down to it no he is not as entertaining as Izayoi. But Homura clearly struggles with the situation he and the home is in because hey, it's his home. It's the children's home. Even though it was Izayoi's home, the home created especially for him, a place to accept him, he didn't do anything. He simply accepted it's fate. Homura has the goal and motivation to keep the home running, even wanting to return to Earth just so he can go home. He chose canaria foster home over little garden. You do realize how ridiculously loyal and motivated one has to be to make such an easy decision!? Especially since Homira enjoyed his time in [Underwood]!

He loves the foster home to the point he is passionate, reckless and aggressive enough to keep it going.

...oh hey then Homura is kinda like Black Rabbit, willing to do close to anything for the community. And both are adopted by Canaria.

Izayoi is the entertainer, Homura is the audience with a chip on his shoulder and a hell of a lot to live up to. Izayoi is meant to entertain us, but when it comes to emotional depth not much to say. Homura is meant to fulfill that depth and growth that was lacking in part 1's main protagonist. Izayoi is there, his story continues, but taking main focus is Homura for a reason.

My tastes are different. Izayoi will always be an entertaining bastard.

But to me Homura has great potential to be a main protagonist because he has traits of both Izayoi and Black Rabbit. A ridiculously smart boy with an OP gift (IT HAS TO BE OP ITS THE SAME NAME AS AZI DAHAKAS FUCKIN GIFT) who sacrifices his own freedom to save his home.

Homura is Reality, Izayoi is Fantasy. Not everything can be solved with just a punch or a few well thought out plans. You have to make sacrifices to get the results you want. I think Homura is meant to represent that. He got hit by reality and took it head on.
Like I said, responsible to the 11th degree. Izayoi is too but he is more looking for fun things to do than anything else. Though he grew to want to protect and aid his community, in the end he came to Little Garden to have fun. That's it. And to him his accomplishments and battles were just that, fun.

Which is why I am enjoying the hell out of the fact that Bull Demon King went easy on Izayoi and tested him and still landed a solid hit, even though the remaining battle was a draw. Bull Demon King's defenses are too strong for Izayoi to have effect.

Ah getting off topic. Okay I am done hopefully this long ass reply makes it typing on iPod for thirty minutes....

Am I seriously the only person who sees the charm of all the other characters in this goddamn series other than Izayoi and actually stayed because of them and the world.....
As the leader of Mondaiji's wiki you should know very well that up until the Azi battles none of the other characters were remotely interesting. Azi changed everything and it gave others a chance.

Now I'm not saying Asuka and You are bad but compared to Izayoi there's a massive gap.

Homura is a nice character from the looks but he's gonna need some serious stuff to bring what Izayoi did.

Old 2015-12-08, 11:56   Link #4590
Dragoon Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
As the leader of Mondaiji's wiki you should know very well that up until the Azi battles none of the other characters were remotely interesting. Azi changed everything and it gave others a chance.

Now I'm not saying Asuka and You are bad but compared to Izayoi there's a massive gap.

Homura is a nice character from the looks but he's gonna need some serious stuff to bring what Izayoi did.
............Seriously....Shiroyasha was not interesting? WTF is wrong with you!?!?! XD Also, Willa and Maxwell, that situation. Willa the poor girl is a freakin Woobie!

Okay all seriousness I personally believed that all the characters were interesting. The Least interesting character? Shirayuki. Sorry but Water God had close to nothing going for her except being Izayoi's punching bag upon arrival and now his maid.

And of course there is a massive gap. But in the end their powers also affect their personalities. Asuka is who she is because of her power of control, Yo is able to walk around and tried to make friends but failed and became laconic because of her power to speak to animals that she admitted. Also, Izayoi. Do we even need to go there. The poor guy was probably experimented on. He was willing to destroy half the world to get rid of the boredom he felt. I shudder to think what could have happen if Junko Enoshima got to him......

Oh hell yes he has ONE HELL of a hurdle to cross because Izayoi set that bar ridiculously high. But I have faith that I will get both that entertaining and depth factor I am looking for...and to be honest I DO want the same thing from Izayoi. Got the entertainment, but can I at least have more with him? Not a shallow puddle the author keeps us in but a freakin sea...TAT
Old 2015-12-08, 12:13   Link #4591
Dragoon Luna

Dammit Last Embryo/Mondaiji isn't even in the top 50 of best selling light novel series of 2015!! TAT WRRRRYYYYYYY

But on the bright side it did hit number 1 in sales, beating Testament AND IRREGULAR AT MAGIC HIGH SCHOOL HAHAHAHAHA!!

http://store-tsutaya.tsite.jp/rank/b...ll.html?r=W085
Old 2015-12-08, 12:39   Link #4592
xaxarus

Quote:
Dammit Last Embryo/Mondaiji isn't even in the top 50 of best selling light novel series of 2015!! TAT WRRRRYYYYYYY

But on the bright side it did hit number 1 in sales, beating Testament AND IRREGULAR AT MAGIC HIGH SCHOOL HAHAHAHAHA!!

http://store-tsutaya.tsite.jp/rank/b...ll.html?r=W085
Oh Last embryo in 23-29 November sale on JP is Rank 9 but this time is Rank 1!!!
SS2 Please LOL
xaxarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 13:58   Link #4593
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaxarus View Post
Oh Last embryo in 23-29 November sale on JP is Rank 9 but this time is Rank 1!!!
SS2 Please LOL
I say we steal kancolle funds and put them for mondaiji. We may need to kidnap the s1 director too. It was very well done and I don't trust diomedea to not butcher it like campione and kancolle s1 otherwise.
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 14:37   Link #4594
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
............Seriously....Shiroyasha was not interesting? WTF is wrong with you!?!?! XD Also, Willa and Maxwell, that situation. Willa the poor girl is a freakin Woobie!

Okay all seriousness I personally believed that all the characters were interesting. The Least interesting character? Shirayuki. Sorry but Water God had close to nothing going for her except being Izayoi's punching bag upon arrival and now his maid.

And of course there is a massive gap. But in the end their powers also affect their personalities. Asuka is who she is because of her power of control, Yo is able to walk around and tried to make friends but failed and became laconic because of her power to speak to animals that she admitted. Also, Izayoi. Do we even need to go there. The poor guy was probably experimented on. He was willing to destroy half the world to get rid of the boredom he felt. I shudder to think what could have happen if Junko Enoshima got to him......

Oh hell yes he has ONE HELL of a hurdle to cross because Izayoi set that bar ridiculously high. But I have faith that I will get both that entertaining and depth factor I am looking for...and to be honest I DO want the same thing from Izayoi. Got the entertainment, but can I at least have more with him? Not a shallow puddle the author keeps us in but a freakin sea...TAT
Shiroyasha is another anime pervert in anime and no matter how fascinating she could be her perversion ruins most of it. The Willa and Maxwell situation annoyed me honestly and reading about Maxwell was agonizing at times.

Now honestly again the main thing that interests me is Ayato because in part 1 Izayoi rarely had a true challenge and faceless was one of them. I'm actually a bit stunned that Asuka can handle somebody who even gave Izayoi trouble. Plus the dynamic between her and Asuka amuses me a bit.

Old 2015-12-08, 15:07   Link #4595
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:

You missed the point. You got the impression that he was perfect but he imo clearly was not. His flaws weren't explored ? More like had no chance to because nobody was a threat before Highness and Azi Garhaka combo showed up. Izayoi is by far the best MC I've seen. It's because he's "perfect" that he keeps struggling and when he fought Azi instead of feeling proud of himself he was ashamed...ashamed of his destiny to always win in these kind of situation which is also his power but he still felt ashamed. Izayoi isn't arrogant...he simply believes in himself so much it's like he's arrogant and I love that part of himself.

All in all what I'm trying to say is...Izayoi as a whole. Character, charisma, attitude, beliefs, powers etc...was was made me read this and Homura so far is not even close to reaching his feet. He was a character you never got bored of.
Old 2015-12-08, 15:58   Link #4596
Dragoon Luna

Quote:
You missed the point. You got the impression that he was perfect but he imo clearly was not. His flaws weren't explored ? More like had no chance to because nobody was a threat before Highness and Azi Garhaka combo showed up. Izayoi is by far the best MC I've seen. It's because he's "perfect" that he keeps struggling and when he fought Azi instead of feeling proud of himself he was ashamed...ashamed of his destiny to always win in these kind of situation which is also his power but he still felt ashamed.

All in all what I'm trying to say is...Izayoi as a whole. Character, charisma, attitude, beliefs, powers etc...was was made me read this and Homura so far is not even close to reaching his feet. He was a character you never got bored of.
So apparently missing the point....you do realize the point I was making is why I see Homura as a better protagonist right???

Right right right, that is quite literally the only thing Izayoi has going for him...Kaori Kanzaki from Toaru did it much better...Being different is something hard to handle, and Izayoi may even have a secret desire to be normal....

Indeed the author never gave Izayoi the chance until Azi Dahaka, and personally that it takes a monster of that level to finally get everyone's characterization in...waiting till the end of part one....while it is a good climax....looking back I am still disappointed. While the concept was interesting and I loved how the author went from Level 50 boss to level 999 boss in the span of chapters (and here is me with a smile on my face I still love it), the fact is Azi Dahaka was made to do that....basically he was made to be a test to Izayoi.

'A character you never get bored of' huh...for me that is true and then not true. Azi Dahaka was the saving grace because we finally had a real threat that could defeat Izayoi...which to me was kind of stupid....A single person able to overpower a low tier water god? That intro was freakin wonderful. Able to defeat a demon and have his arm broken in the process, Weser vs Izayoi was awesome.

Able to one shot a death god and dragon with a pillar of light aid to be the source of a cosmology.....wait what?

Thaaat's when my annoyance began.

AND then came in Kouryuu...a VERY skilled martial artist who struggled against a non fighter.....a very skilled and powerful martial artist that is a freakin moon dragon....who was pushed to the brink....by Izayoi....unskilled by strong personified.

I get Izayoi has the power to both negate Gifts and have strength that is crazy as hell...but this battle left mixed emotions in me. Just because personally, depending on your level of training and the situation....the skilled should win.

Yes yes Kouryuu ended up throwing the towel because Izayoi was right and his Oneechan wouldn't want to see his face as it currently is...but this brings me back to the point of Izayoi always being right. Please someone I am begging you when has Izayoi EVER been wrong?! Has anyone actively challenged his ideals other than Azi Dahaka?! No its admiration and idolization....or earning respect.

When Highness was introduced I was like, finally someone who could take on Izayoi equally! Maybe we can finally see more of him!! Nope. Recall what I stated about being the unskilled but strong but still winning or having the higher chance of winning and knowing it? Nope. This time the skilled and strong is the victor (Izayoi) while the unskilled but strong is quick to realize he doesn't stand a chance but has to fight (Highness).

Then comes Azi Dahaka...and finally we get the struggle. Azi Dahaka...oh my god I love this character.....and reading interlude 1 for volume 11 made me love him more....

The Azi Dahaka arc was amazing because we got more character depth and everyone pushing themselves. And it handled the effectiveness of being a climax. Like it was supposed to be the arc where everyone grows, where feelings are explored. Azi Dahaka is the saving grace. If not for him we wouldn't have Izayoi struggling to beat someone. If things had continued as they were, Izayoi curb stomping each and every challenge, being the solution or finding the solution to the problem every single time, no matter how enjoyable a character he is....even I would have limits.

Personally Izayoi has too much going for him...What everyone else character plot revolves around he has as well. Asuka's missing twin sister is Faceless. Homura is Izayoi's little brother and Izayoi knew because he found out......Did Canaria tell him? Nope. She wouldn't tell him about his parents or the truth regarding his birth. She already stated this.

Hey what about having a parent that was part of the No Names? Hey there Yo you can bond with Izayoi over that! Same with Black Rabbit-oh wait he hasn't told her yet about Canaria!

Izayoi is the hero of humanity....i stated it before....I don't like this idea....

Izayoi is Japan's Hercules basically...except even Hercules has more character development and was forced into situations one after another that made him both tragic and yet badass.

My problem is this...Izayoi is special....thats it. He is different and because of that he feels he can't bond with others. That sounds like a good idea in fact, because it is something that many struggle with in reality. Being different from others. But his special is being the hero of humanity....being engineered to show up now instead of later.

Ever since the author started going towards the serious tone rather than the light hearted one, I thought we would get to see more character development, more of Izayoi's personality. Personally I would like to see his reactions to being told new things, things he didn't know, things that affect him personally. We can't. The son of a bitch is fleshed out and has his angst over and done with. He is searching for his identity. Volume 12 spoilers told us that.

Izayoi is a great character, refreshing even.

As the story goes on though...you get bored because it becomes the same formula. But it is entertaining to see HOW they win. The good guys always win. We know this, but wanting to see how, wanting to see what is the cost, that is what keeps us.

This show is for entertainment, and my problem is that I am trying to find some emotional depth that will link me to the character ever since the story began to get serious. Izayoi.....I love you and hate you man but you fail in that. I want someone to clash with you, both in terms of personality and power....But you are far too respectable and badass for that.

Homura, I GOT MY WISH!

Izayoi being the deutragonist with Homura. I can accept this wholeheartedly because we get the entertainment factor and the serious factor. Homura has potential and I hope the author doesn't waste it. Izayoi made me love him because he was so fun to watch. Homura makes me love him because of what he goes through and what he does with his situation to make things better. Homura has the potential to get better.....we already squeezed out that potential with Izayoi.

Now as Last Embryo is released, I am hope to be proven wrong and we get to see more of Izayoi now that his brother is involved. After all one phone call with Homura was enough to level Izayoi baffled and show that he has respect for those who are willing to be self sacrificial for their loved ones. Why he was only a tiny bit impressed compared to being fully impressed with Black Rabbit....well given the bunny is hot I guess it is obvious.

Once again, this is my opinion. I will stick to my opinion. Everyone can debate against me...but after learning took on a responsibility he didn't have to because of his love for his home...yeah, in my book, there is no accomplishment that can cross that. Izayoi and Shiroyasha were my favorite characters. They still are...its just Homura did something Izayoi didn't do. Yes it retains to feelings, but like I said. To me the best characters are those who make sacrifices for their loved ones. Whether the sacrifices pay out in the end...well......I hope they do, which is why I want to follow Homura over Izayoi. I want to see if all of Homura's hard efforts will be rewarded or he will just fail in the end. Izayoi had his time in the main spotlight...he can share it with the second relevant to the whole hero of humanity plot character.

To me Homura is one of the best protagonists because of what I have seen character wise and what he has done already. He, Izayoi, Sora, Lelopuch, Kamina, these are all my favorite protagonists. Izayoi and Homura sit at number 3 on my list.

Last edited by Dragoon Luna; 2015-12-08 at 16:11.
Old 2015-12-08, 16:09   Link #4597
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
So apparently missing the point....you do realize the point I was making is why I see Homura as a better protagonist right???

Right right right, that is quite literally the only thing Izayoi has going for him...Kaori Kanzaki from Toaru did it much better...Being different is something hard to handle, and Izayoi may even have a secret desire to be normal....

Indeed the author never gave Izayoi the chance until Azi Dahaka, and personally that it takes a monster of that level to finally get everyone's characterization in...waiting till the end of part one....while it is a good climax....looking back I am still disappointed. While the concept was interesting and I loved how the author went from Level 50 boss to level 999 boss in the span of chapters (and here is me with a smile on my face I still love it), the fact is Azi Dahaka was made to do that....basically he was made to be a test to Izayoi.

'A character you never get bored of' huh...for me that is true and then not true. Azi Dahaka was the saving grace because we finally had a real threat that could defeat Izayoi...which to me was kind of stupid....A single person able to overpower a low tier water god? That intro was freakin wonderful. Able to defeat a demon and have his arm broken in the process, Weser vs Izayoi was awesome.

Able to one shot a death god and dragon with a pillar of light aid to be the source of a cosmology.....wait what?

Thaaat's when my annoyance began.

AND then came in Kouryuu...a VERY skilled martial artist who struggled against a non fighter.....a very skilled and powerful martial artist that is a freakin moon dragon....who was pushed to the brink....by Izayoi....unskilled by strong personified.

I get Izayoi has the power to both negate Gifts and have strength that is crazy as hell...but this battle left mixed emotions in me. Just because personally, depending on your level of training and the situation....the skilled should win.

Yes yes Kouryuu ended up throwing the towel because Izayoi was right and his Oneechan wouldn't want to see his face as it currently is...but this brings me back to the point of Izayoi always being right. Please someone I am begging you when has Izayoi EVER been wrong?! Has anyone actively challenged his ideals other than Azi Dahaka?! No its admiration and idolization....or earning respect.

When Highness was introduced I was like, finally someone who could take on Izayoi equally! Maybe we can finally see more of him!! Nope. Recall what I stated about being the unskilled but strong but still winning or having the higher chance of winning and knowing it? Nope. This time the skilled and strong is the victor (Izayoi) while the unskilled but strong is quick to realize he doesn't stand a chance but has to fight (Highness).

Then comes Azi Dahaka...and finally we get the struggle. Azi Dahaka...oh my god I love this character.....and reading interlude 1 for volume 11 made me love him more....

The Azi Dahaka arc was amazing because we got more character depth and everyone pushing themselves. And it handled the effectiveness of being a climax. Like it was supposed to be the arc where everyone grows, where feelings are explored. Azi Dahaka is the saving grace. If not for him we wouldn't have Izayoi struggling to beat someone. If things had continued as they were, Izayoi curb stomping each and every challenge, being the solution or finding the solution to the problem every single time, no matter how enjoyable a character he is....even I would have limits.

Personally Izayoi has too much going for him...What everyone else character plot revolves around he has as well. Asuka's missing twin sister is Faceless. Homura is Izayoi's little brother and Izayoi knew because he found out......Did Canaria tell him? Nope. She wouldn't tell him about his parents or the truth regarding his birth. She already stated this.

Hey what about having a parent that was part of the No Names? Hey there Yo you can bond with Izayoi over that! Same with Black Rabbit-oh wait he hasn't told her yet about Canaria!

Izayoi is the hero of humanity....i stated it before....I don't like this idea....

Izayoi is Japan's Hercules basically...except even Hercules has more character development and was forced into situations one after another that made him both tragic and yet badass.

My problem is this...Izayoi is special....thats it. He is different and because of that he feels he can't bond with others. That sounds like a good idea in fact, because it is something that many struggle with in reality. Being different from others. But his special is being the hero of humanity....being engineered to show up now instead of later.

Ever since the author started going towards the serious tone rather than the light hearted one, I thought we would get to see more character development, more of Izayoi's personality. Personally I would like to see his reactions to being told new things, things he didn't know, things that affect him personally. We can't. The son of a bitch is fleshed out and has his angst over and done with. He is searching for his identity. Volume 12 spoilers told us that.

Izayoi is a great character, refreshing even.

As the story goes on though...you get bored because it becomes the same formula. But it is entertaining to see HOW they win. The good guys always win. We know this, but wanting to see how, wanting to see what is the cost, that is what keeps us.

This show is for entertainment, and my problem is that I am trying to find some emotional depth that will link me to the character ever since the story began to get serious. Izayoi.....I love you and hate you man but you fail in that. I want someone to clash with you, both in terms of personality and power....But you are far too respectable and badass for that.

Homura, I GOT MY WISH!

Izayoi being the deutragonist with Homura. I can accept this wholeheartedly because we get the entertainment factor and the serious factor. Homura has potential and I hope the author doesn't waste it. Izayoi made me love him because he was so fun to watch. Homura makes me love him because of what he goes through and what he does with his situation to make things better. Homura has the potential to get better.....we already squeezed out that potential with Izayoi.

Now as Last Embryo is released, I am hope to be proven wrong and we get to see more of Izayoi now that his brother is involved. After all one phone call with Homura was enough to level Izayoi baffled and show that he has respect for those who are willing to be self sacrificial for their loved ones. Why he was only a tiny bit impressed compared to being fully impressed with Black Rabbit....well given the bunny is hot I guess it is obvious.

Once again, this is my opinion. I will stick to my opinion. Everyone can debate against me...but after learning took on a responsibility he didn't have to because of his love for his home...yeah, in my book, there is no accomplishment that can cross that. Izayoi and Shiroyasha were my favorite characters. They still are...its just Homura did something Izayoi didn't do. Yes it retains to feelings, but like I said. To me the best characters are those who make sacrifices for their loved ones. Whether the sacrifices pay out in the end...well......I hope they do, which is why I want to follow Homura over Izayoi. Izayoi had his time in the main spotlight...he can share it with the second relevant to the whole hero of humanity plot character.
What a long read...Kouryuu never struggled against Izayoi...he was going easy on the guy heck, he was even testing him because he wanted to know what we all want to know. Him going serious is him sending Dahaka flying. Highness losing...was akward...he's only 3 years old and said he wasn't complete or something...what was weird too was Izayoi the savior or Humanity...interesting I find it because Izayoi is NOTHING like a hero which is awesome.

In other words you want a character that starts from the bottom so you can see him grow. That's cool.

By the way, you said Homura did something Izayoi didn't do ? Which was ?

Also...you're pissed becquse Iza is angst and went to find himself...he knew for all his life he was abnormal and lived how he wished...oppressing the strong'likewise for the weak...arrogant and kept believing in himself only to find out his destiny is being the savior of Humanity. A Hero. Everything he is not. For all his life he knew he was abnormal and finally found that along with a bunch of other things. If it was you what would you do ? Resume with life ? Not give a f*ck ?
Old 2015-12-08, 16:20   Link #4598
Dragoon Luna

Quote:
Most of the things you're not happy about are things about the story...

What a long read...Kouryuu never struggled against Izayoi...he was going easy on the guy heck, he was even testing him because he wanted to know what we all want to know. Him going serious is him sending Dahaka flying. Highness losing...was akward...he's only 3 years old and said he wasn't complete or something...what was weird too was Izayoi the savior or Humanity...interesting I find it because Izayoi is NOTHING like a hero which is awesome.

In other words you want a character that starts from the bottom so you can see him grow. That's cool.

By the way, you said Homura did something Izayoi didn't do ? Which was ?
In a way yeah. While the characters are interesting and the underlining plot is good....but it is average at best. What sells Mondaiji is it's characters, especially Izayoi.

See, see even YOU think it's weird he is a hero of humanity!! It's not just me!!

Yes and Yes, I love those characters the most.

Homura pretty much sacrificed his childhood and current freedom to save the Canaria Foster Home.

And yes when I state my points i tend to make things long...summarizing has never been a strong point of mine...X'D

Then again...on a light hearted note this could very well be my angst in trying to keep Izayoi IC in my fanfics. XD Along with angst about math finals. Teacher is cruel I have to take two math finals for one class.

Like i said for the 1000th time, I LOVE IZayoi's character...just at time I hate how he has no competition or anything. The guy deserves better, he needs to be challenged, and he desperately wants that.

Also the learning about being a Hero, yeah that was a good way to express his sadness....though seeing him seriously think about it, think about that path, I wanna see it. And I kind of hope we do. Wait where did I say I was pissed about him angsting about it? I said Kaori Kanzaki did it better.

The again as stated there was no adversity for Izayoi. I hope that changes. Like I have said multiple times.

Okay there seems to be some sort of confusion. Let me put it like this. I love Izayoi as a character, one of the best really. As a protagonist he seems lack luster to me. I love and hate Izayoi's character plot perhaps I should say because we don't get that much personal depth into it until the end.

Edit: I would now like to switch the topic to The Gift Games in Volume 11's interlude...specifically Kouryuu's.....because I only got up to the 28 brothers being the 28 faces of the moon.....

Last edited by Dragoon Luna; 2015-12-08 at 17:11.
Old 2015-12-08, 17:15   Link #4599
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

If I wanted a character growing in scales there are better series for that

Izayoi is at the peak but needs to discover himself, which is a different beast.
It's because he is different from the norm that I and many readers find him interesting. Can't say the say the same for Homura so far.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-08, 17:23   Link #4600
Dragoon Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
If I wanted a character growing in scales there are better series for that

Izayoi is at the peak but needs to discover himself, which is a different beast.
It's because he is different from the norm that I and many readers find him interesting. Can't say the say the same for Homura so far.
But that is exactly what I want to see!! Discovering himself! But we havent had any chances until now...

I prefer Homura as a protagonist and everyone prefers Izayoi as protagonist, I get it, all I did was point out my reasons why I think the way I do.

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko