Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-27, 02:58   Link #4621
temp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_vi_Britannia
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Code_Geass_characters
Marianne seems to enjoy teasing C.C., especially when the immortal girl tries to deny any sort of attachment to Lelouch. The full conversation is scripted out by the staff and revealed in the Nintendo DS game.
has anyone read the full convo or know a site to read it from?
temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 15:59   Link #4622
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Seconding that request. I'd really like to see that...
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 15:56   Link #4623
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, it's the first game or the second? I can take some pictures of the conversation and put them here for someone to translate it, if there's nothing in the net.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 20:54   Link #4624
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

That would be lovely.
Old 2009-07-06, 11:39   Link #4625
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

But i need to know if it's the first or the second, hehe. Actually, i have them both, but... I suck bad in the second one, so, if there's something there, it's not like i can actually get, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:00   Link #4626
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I don't know which one it is, unfortunately. DDDD:

Anyone else...?
Old 2009-07-06, 16:09   Link #4627
zongetsu

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ass_characters
Marianne seems to enjoy teasing C.C., especially when the immortal girl tries to deny any sort of attachment to Lelouch. The full conversation is scripted out by the staff and revealed in the Nintendo DS game.
Its obvious and you dont need any scripts to see it. The first time its made obvious is in S1 ep 12 when Shirely asks lelouch to the concert. There she is standing above looking down at them and you hear the dialouge.

[gg subs]
"Don't make any wild guesses. That can't happen. To me, that person is just..."

Here CC is talking to Marianne, but we dont know that yet. You can deduct from the conversation that the person whom she is talking with is teasing her about lelouch. Its very simple like that.

Snowdevil_crow, why not tell me that my deduction is wrong without even looking at the "canon" proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow
I don't know which one it is, unfortunately. DDDD:

Anyone else...?
nope dont know
zongetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:14   Link #4628
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zongetsu View Post
Its obvious and you dont need any scripts to see it. The first time its made obvious is in S1 ep 12 when Shirely asks lelouch to the concert. There she is standing above looking down at them and you hear the dialouge.

[gg subs]

Here CC is talking to Marianne, but we dont know that yet. You can deduct from the conversation that the person whom she is talking with is teasing her about lelouch. Its very simple like that.

Snowdevil_crow, why not tell me that my deduction is wrong without even looking at the "canon" proof.
... what are you talking about? o.0
Old 2009-07-06, 16:39   Link #4629
zongetsu

you seem to think my deductions are all wrong because they are only "reasoning".
zongetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:43   Link #4630
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Er, no. I'm saying your deductions are wrong because they've been denied by the creators' and have many other explanations.

CC's conversations? ... are, uh, completely different. They don't really have any other explanations, fit completely with her character and other parts of canon, are endorsed by the creators, and, quite frankly, aren't really that important.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:44   Link #4631
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zongetsu View Post
[gg subs]

ROFL if I remember well, this one is the one with the unknown third person. (Though with R2 this unknown third person turned certainly as Marianne...aaah plot holes)
So yeah, deductions can't always be right I guess.

On another note I learnt again to love C.C. during this week end; Thanks to many things I realized she wasn't what some of her fans made of her, and that's why she is great again for me.
I just wish her role in R2 was more develloped though; eating pizza and hugging Cheese Kun was really...odd, at times.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:59   Link #4632
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I dunno, I thought she had lots of development in r2. :/ From caring about nothing but Lelouch fulfilling his promise to her, to actually beginning to support the Black Knights and wanting him to be Zero (remember how she tried to pretend she wasn't happy when he returned in ep 7, and Kaguya grinned at her). Her discomfort over the massacre of the Geass Order. Then the whole thing in Turn 15 where she was going to give her life to the Emperor, but decided against it at the last moment --- because she was remembering her first wish, which wasn't to die but to be cared for by someone. Then her reverting back to a slave girl, and finally in Turn 21 realizing that the Emperor's plans were evil... lots of stuff!

Also, I think zongetsu's comments were more directed at why I disagreed with his Lelouch is alive theory, and less with the idea of LuluCC. >_>
Old 2009-07-06, 23:13   Link #4633
Nobodyman9
Banned

You know, C.C. was actually my favorite character for a while. That is until Shirley stole and broke my heart, but I digress. Right now, I'd say that C.C. is probably my 2nd favorite female character on the show. I absolutely loved her in the first season, what with the mystical aura about her, as well as her smart-alecky I-don't-give-a-crap attitude. Not to mention she was immortal, which was friggin' awesome.

I still think she was great in R2, but...eh, I don't know. Somehow she just didn't have as powerful an impact as she once had. I mean sure, she did have those moments of development and key plot points as you said snowdevil, but still it was just lacking something. I still think she's an awesome character overall and definitely one of my favorites.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 23:29   Link #4634
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I think, in season one she seemed more childish, more vulnerable, and more mysterious than she did in R2. In R2, she... I don't know. You're right, something... changed. Something. Somehow, she just wasn't quite like she was in S1... But yeah, I still love her to pieces.
Old 2009-07-07, 03:45   Link #4635
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think CC resembles Yuko from XXXholic. I wish there could be a remake of R2. The plot holes really killed R2, IMO.

I keep thinking of Yuko when I think of CC. I never thought of CC as a romantic interest. I consider CC to be to Lelouch what Yuko is to Watanuki.

I wish they would have fleshed out C.C's character a bit more. Writers seemed to not be able to make up their minds with her and she just kind of floated there. For being an immortal being with a load of backstory and drama behind her... we really didn't get to know jack squat about her. We got general information about her origins and her general role in things but we never got to understand her motivations. In the first season they were hinting of delving into her past relationships. We also got hints at her involvement in something important in China. They kept hinting at all these things about her but we never got an explanation. They left her China story up in the air.

Last edited by mechalord; 2009-07-07 at 03:56.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 16:15   Link #4636
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
I dunno, I thought she had lots of development in r2. :/ From caring about nothing but Lelouch fulfilling his promise to her, to actually beginning to support the Black Knights and wanting him to be Zero (remember how she tried to pretend she wasn't happy when he returned in ep 7, and Kaguya grinned at her). Her discomfort over the massacre of the Geass Order. Then the whole thing in Turn 15 where she was going to give her life to the Emperor, but decided against it at the last moment --- because she was remembering her first wish, which wasn't to die but to be cared for by someone. Then her reverting back to a slave girl, and finally in Turn 21 realizing that the Emperor's plans were evil... lots of stuff!

Also, I think zongetsu's comments were more directed at why I disagreed with his Lelouch is alive theory, and less with the idea of LuluCC. >_>
That's zangestu you know....

And well, I wouldn't call ChiChi "devellopment" but more the reverse actually; She had finally a chance to grow out of this blank mask she wore during the whole serie, and this possibility was killed by the useless apparition of ChiChi.

That was totally useless; Moe ChiChi was just there to kill any possibility of devellopment between Lulu and C.C. (Just like Kallen in jail) and it didn't even help the whole "I wanna have friends" since finally she is back to her old back self and...end up alone; Even if she is now ready to live her life, she will train her immortality and eventually, that would turn as a burden again.
They had plenty ways to devellop C.C. in an interesting light and they killed it, fulfilling her screentime with a ridiculous ammount of uneeded scenes.

And well I wouldn't call her tiny smile, when he comes back, "devellopment". That was way too overshadowed by the fact she didn't give a fuck about him during the episode, while the guy was two fingers away to turn as a junkie.

The whole Turn 15 > Lol. Totally killed by her turning as ChiChi.

Turn 21 makes me smile as well; Suddenly she turns her vest, and thanks to that, survive. Okay but why ? This attempt at devellopment was way too sudden, and that's what sucks when it comes to her.
And finally, during the whole Zero requiem, her only role is to know Lelouch didn't hate her and to catfight with Kallen over Lelouch. C.C. had all the keys for being an awesome character and quite franckly, in R2 she was really wasted, especially in the second part of the serie.

But in the same time, her personality was great in her own way and that is why I like this character; Her role was wasted, but her personality wasn't; She is cold, she doesn't care but only a few times for a few persons, and she is certainly kind of twisted.
And this should have make of her much more that what she was in R2, honest.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 16:36   Link #4637
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I especially liked the symbolism at the end of R2.
During Zero Requiem, she almost constantly wore her restriction jacket (it's sad I only noticed that after stumbling upon the Sound Drama dealing with that thing again), but in the epilogue, she has gotten rid of it.
I think there was indeed quite a bit of character development... just not nearly as much as there could have been. And I liked her role in Zero Requiem - they were cute.
Old 2009-07-07, 18:27   Link #4638
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

I'll agree with you on the Moe CC thing. It was cute, but kind of... well, I don't know, it was development from Lelouch and how he saw and related to her, but as for CC herself... yeah, not much. Aside from her sitting in her picture room and thinking about whatever stuff for however many episodes. Though the fact that she locked away her Code because Lelouch went all "DON'T TAKE MA BITCH" on Charles for her was a bit of development... but yeah, aside from that.

As for the rest... I kind of see your point. It didn't really seem that way to me, at the time, but looking back... hm. She did kind of get the short end of the stick in terms of focus and devlopment, didn't she...? Then again, R2 was kind of wonky anyway. I wish it was longer, it would have been better if it was more fleshed out. I mean, it was okay, and fun, but...
Old 2009-07-13, 13:54   Link #4639
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I liked how CC developed in the anime. At first, she's all like, "Whatever." But then she starts helping out and protecting lelouch like a real human would.

I also liked how they gave attention to how CC eats pizza and loves Cheese-kun (Although the anime was sponsored by Pizza Hut). It shows that she can enjoy and love things, and with how often Lelouch calls her an immortal witch, it shows she isn't 100% witch, but she has some human in her.

I also prefer the manga of code geass i have, where CC actually has more of a personality and sense of humor than in the anime.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 13:56   Link #4640
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Does she...? Which manga? Might consider actually reading it, if that's the case...