AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 15:08   Link #4621
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Here's a rough gauge, 280 pages --> 70k words.

Now now, back to work with you, and the same goes for me.

As estimated, Chapter 1 should be done within this week.
Can't wait to read it an I can't thank you enough!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:08   Link #4622
sybozo

I'm just curious but does the anime of shakugan no shana 3 follow the novel? if it does, which episode follows volume 7 or 8 then throughout?
Old 2011-12-12, 06:14   Link #4623
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Here's a rough gauge, 280 pages --> 70k words.

Now now, back to work with you, and the same goes for me.

As estimated, Chapter 1 should be done within this week.
Leave starts tomorrow dood...still have to bk in tonight...

Also I'd "take my own sweet time" as they say if I were you because well.....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-12 at 06:30.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 03:12   Link #4624
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Ah, well, chapter 1's at 75% though...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 07:07   Link #4625
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I'm already done with Vol 22 chp 1. Boy, was it long...
Old 2011-12-17, 05:43   Link #4626
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Awesome thanks mate^^

question: whats pre- recognition and how exactly did yuiji lose it??
Old 2011-12-18, 00:09   Link #4627
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Awesome thanks mate^^

question: whats pre- recognition and how exactly did yuiji lose it??
You know how Yuji always had that instinct to guide the team in battle, well, he lost it when the Reiji Maigo was being fought for, so basically, he lost it when Johann was gone.
Old 2011-12-18, 01:32   Link #4628
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

>Lurk at a certain chan
>See this:

Powerlevel tier.

Tier 0: Alastor, Snake of the Festival, Shaher
Tier 0.5: Pheles, Johann, Asiz
Tier 1: SoF Yuuji, Shana
Tier 1.5: The Four Gods of Earth (CenterHill, EastEdge, WestShore and SouthValley), Hecate, Sabrac, Sydonay, Bel Peol, Leanan-sidhe, Mathilde
Tier 2. Sophie, Wilhelmina, Margery, Khamsin, Merihim, Yu Xuan, Illuyanka, Decarabia, Haborym, Hildegard, Sale, Chiara, Pirsoyn, Ribesal, Flieder, Mammon
Tier 3: Rebecca, Friagne, Gavida, Purson, Sorath, Tiriel, Chernobog, Samuel, Bifrons, Lerajie, Orobas
Tier 4: Fecor, Decarabia, Mare, Nitika, Yuri
Tier 5: Zarovee
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 02:30   Link #4629
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aselia View Post
>Lurk at a certain chan
>See this:

Powerlevel tier.

Tier 0.5: Pheles, Johann, Asiz
Tier 1: SoF Yuuji, Shana
Tier 1.5: The Four Gods of Earth (CenterHill, EastEdge, WestShore and SouthValley), Hecate, Sabrac, Sydonay, Bel Peol, Leanan-sidhe, Mathilde
Tier 2. Sophie, Wilhelmina, Margery, Khamsin, Merihim, Yu Xuan, Illuyanka, Decarabia, Haborym, Hildegard, Sale, Chiara, Pirsoyn, Ribesal, Flieder, Mammon
Tier 3: Rebecca, Friagne, Gavida, Purson, Sorath, Tiriel, Chernobog, Samuel, Bifrons, Lerajie, Orobas
Tier 4: Fecor, Decarabia, Mare, Nitika, Yuri

Sydonay should be at 0.5 with Asiz

Fecor and Decarabia higher than Mare and Yuri. Decarabia why is he in tier 4?

Haborym at least 1.5 seeing he is a major "hero unit" per se of Bal Masque. And that his 熒燎原 is fully capable of buffing his forces to standing up to South Valley's Aztec spirit army. And stand up to the Flame Haze assault before SnH returned

Sabrac same tier as Haborym

I'd move Pheles and Johan lower. Just below Hecate and Bel Peol...

Chiara and Sale on the second tier of Flame Hazes immediately behind the top ones like the Four Gods, Khamsin and Shana.

Also in the second tier perhaps Mathilde, Samuel and Sophie. Also Wilhelmina and Margery

I'd rate Karl (the former Flame Haze of Utrennyaya and Vechernyaya) as the same level as them too....

Hildegard and Flieder and Francoise and the rest should be lower tier of Flame Hazes....

That's not including the Toten Glocke characters (excluding Asiz)

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-18 at 02:44.
Old 2011-12-18, 04:18   Link #4630
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Ehh? Is Sydonay really that powerful? I thought he was one level behind SoF Yuuji. Putting that aside, Asiz seems way stronger that Sydonay. Alastor himself fought Asiz and that battle lasted for some time instead of being over in an instant.

Pheles and Johann seemed a bit stronger than SoF Yuuji and Shana. Chapter 1 of vol.22 paints them as so, seemingly.

I think it should be something like...

Tier 0.5: Asiz
Tier 1: SoF Yuuji, Shana, Pheles, Johann
Tier 1.5: CenterHill, EastEdge, WestShore, SouthValley, Hecate, Sabrac, Sydonay, Bel Peol, Leanan-sidhe, Haborym, Mammon, Khamsin
Tier 2. Sophie, Mathilde, Wilhelmina, Margery, Merihim, Illuyanka, Yu Xuan, Decarabia
Tier 2.5: Pirsoyn, Ribesal, Sale, Chiara, Karl, Rebecca, Samuel
Tier 3: Friagne, Gavida, Purson, Sorath, Tiriel, Chernobog, Bifrons, Lerajie, Orobas, Fecor, Hildegard, Flieder,
Tier 4: Mare, Nitika, Yuri, Francoise
Old 2011-12-18, 04:57   Link #4631
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Combat ability wise, he is.

He should be weaker than Yuji but he's as far as you get before running into God levels alongside Asiz.

Shin Tetsu Nyoi has no stated limits. At any rate, it's capable of this

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=107

And nearly everyone whom he fought ended up dead. I'd even rank him above Shana seeing how he killed Centerhill...

Asiz vs Sydonay is debatable but I don't put one above the other...

You also underestimate Chiara and Sale by putting them below Wilhelmina and Margery.

And definitely, they should not be that far below Mammon, seeing they killed him....

And as for Karl, I'd rank him as Sophie's equal.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-12-18 at 05:09.
Old 2011-12-18, 05:42   Link #4632
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

In terms of combat experience and perhaps destruction using Shintetsu Nyoi, but weaker still, yes. Keeping in mind that SoF Yuuji did bend/forced shift Shintetsu Nyoi when Sydonay threw it to test SoF Yuuji to display and prove his strength. At the most, I can see him as tier 1.

I think Asiz has greater existence and PoE power than Sydonay, so I'd give it to Asiz.

I mistook you saying they were second tier FH, and thought they should be below the top tier FH. But since that's the case, Chiara and should be tier 2. Karl too since equal to Sophie.
Old 2011-12-18, 07:03   Link #4633
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
In terms of combat experience and perhaps destruction using Shintetsu Nyoi, but weaker still, yes. Keeping in mind that SoF Yuuji did bend/forced shift Shintetsu Nyoi when Sydonay threw it to test SoF Yuuji to display and prove his strength. At the most, I can see him as tier 1.

I think Asiz has greater existence and PoE power than Sydonay, so I'd give it to Asiz.

I mistook you saying they were second tier FH, and thought they should be below the top tier FH. But since that's the case, Chiara and should be tier 2. Karl too since equal to Sophie.
I didn't say Sydonay was above Yuji...I said he was above Shana. I classify Yuji as a God's avatar.

Shana isn't as strong as SnH Yuji

I won't say Asiz has greater existence than the Trinity let alone Sydonay. The Trinity are essentially SnH's created children.

I was comparing Asiz and Sydonay purely in combat ability.
Old 2011-12-18, 07:50   Link #4634
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

My bad. I'll take your word for it then between Sydonay and Asiz, with Sydonay having greater combat ability.

The Trinity are SnH's children, but they don't share the same amount of power a Crimson God has. Though Hecate's existence and PoE is probably greater/bottomless than everyone, and only surpassed by Crimson Gods. Asiz is probably somewhat less compared to the Trinity in his normal state, but if he used City Devourer, the amount of PoE he has is extremely vast, and most likely greater than any of the Trinity with the exception of Hecate.

But, eh, from volume 22 spoilers, I'm under the impression that Shana and Yuuji are about even and stalemated. Chapter 1 of vol.22 seemingly is heading in that direction.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:26   Link #4635
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
My bad. I'll take your word for it then between Sydonay and Asiz, with Sydonay having greater combat ability.

The Trinity are SnH's children, but they don't share the same amount of power a Crimson God has. Though Hecate's existence and PoE is probably greater/bottomless than everyone, and only surpassed by Crimson Gods. Asiz is probably somewhat less compared to the Trinity in his normal state, but if he used City Devourer, the amount of PoE he has is extremely vast, and most likely greater than any of the Trinity with the exception of Hecate.

But, eh, from volume 22 spoilers, I'm under the impression that Shana and Yuuji are about even and stalemated. Chapter 1 of vol.22 seemingly is heading in that direction.
Of course if you bring rituals into play then it becomes another matter...

After all, SnH's ritual was able to create a new world....

Which has never been clear how big it is...could be another Earth or a new universe for all I know...
Old 2011-12-18, 11:24   Link #4636
alvinkhorfire

@Eternal Aselia
+ rep. Thank you for presenting the Powerlevel tier for which I waited for a long time. With this indispensable list, it would be easier to guess the outcome of the battle. However, I feel that the list needs further improvement.

Is Pirsoyn as strong as Ribesal? Ribesal is a Wanderer that engages in combat, while Pirsoyn is a Jaeger that normally do not participate in battle. I could be wrong, but I feel that Pirsoyn should be weaker than Ribesal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Shana isn't as strong as SnH Yuji
@Cosmic Eagle
Could you please explain why it is so? They are both related to their respective Gods of Guze who have similar strength. Are you saying that Shana's inexperience causes her to weaker than SotF Yuji? Thanks for the explanation.

Cosmic Eagle, could you also post your version of Powerlevel tier? Thank you very much.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-12-18 at 11:34.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 12:53   Link #4637
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

@Cosmic Eagle
Could you please explain why it is so? They are both related to their respective Gods of Guze who have similar strength. Are you saying that Shana's inexperience causes her to weaker than SotF Yuji? Thanks for the explanation.

Cosmic Eagle, could you also post your version of Powerlevel tier? Thank you very much.
Shana is not an avatar for her God...she's a Flame Haze. big difference.

But that's not the point, it's simply the feeling I get from reading the novels....Shana's powercurve is not very solid because many of the characters' abilities are pretty vague.

When Shana fights Sydonay for example, she doesn't do it alone but even then, the latter always holds the upper hand.

Despite them fighting each other to a standstill, It's little things like these that make me rate Yuji higher.
Old 2011-12-19, 06:37   Link #4638
edgelesspigeon

Hey, quick question. After the Snake of the Festival leaves him, does Yuji still have his pre-Snake of the Festival powers? After all, Yuji's power and silver flame stemmed from the Reiji Maigo, and he was able to manipulate Power of Existence and cast Unrestricted Spells before he merged with the Snake. Alastor even said his power, while untrained, equaled that of a Crimson God. Oh, and do we have any information about what happens to Ike, Tanaka, Oga, and Yuji's family at the end of the series?
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 07:03   Link #4639
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Until it gets translated, until it gets translated. All I can say is that Yuji still has them (and more). The only thing he lost was his intuition. Everyone else was fine.
Old 2011-12-19, 07:08   Link #4640
edgelesspigeon

@teh_ping

So he still has his powers despite the Snake leaving him, correct? And take your time with the translations, I'd love to read them, but you've got your own life that's more important than translating.
edgelesspigeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen