Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-15, 13:36   Link #4661
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Didn't someone say a while back that Kallen is a critical/essential character to the plot? If that's the case, I'm guessing we'll find out in the next couple of episodes hopefully.
her importence is related to her "bond" with lulu
thats what the spoiler said
Old 2008-08-15, 13:40   Link #4662
Aquaman OS

She's pretty much Lelouch's only friend now. Jeremiah is more of a servant and C.C. is mentally gone and she had a more unique relationship with him anyway.

But now that Suzaku has issues and Lelouch can't see Milly or Rivalz anymore she's his only friend left. That's pretty important.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:45   Link #4663
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
her importence is related to her "bond" with lulu
thats what the spoiler said
It turns out Kallen's father is Charles, and thus Kallen is actually Lulu's sister.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:46   Link #4664
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
It turns out Kallen's father is Charles, and thus Kallen is actually Lulu's sister.
There's an awkward Luke and Leia moment for you. Dude you tried to bang your sister! That Charles really gets around.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 13:55   Link #4665
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
There's an awkward Luke and Leia moment for you. Dude you tried to bang your sister! That Charles really gets around.
Kallen: *Breaks into her father's home* It's over, Stadtfield! I won't let you get in the way of Lelouch's and my love!
Stadtfield: Hmm... Kallen. Your mother hasn't told you about my relationship with you, has she?
Kallen: She told me enough! She told me you left her when you impregnated her!
Stadtfield: No, Kallen. I AM NOT YOUR FATHER! You are Kallen ri Britannia!
Kallen: NOOO!!!
Lelouch: Don't sweat it, dear, I had a relationship with Euphie at one poinnt.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:48   Link #4666
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
Kallen: *Breaks into her father's home* It's over, Stadtfield! I won't let you get in the way of Lelouch's and my love!
Stadtfield: Hmm... Kallen. Your mother hasn't told you about my relationship with you, has she?
Kallen: She told me enough! She told me you left her when you impregnated her!
Stadtfield: No, Kallen. I AM NOT YOUR FATHER! You are Kallen ri Britannia!
Kallen: NOOO!!!
Lelouch: Don't sweat it, dear, I had a relationship with Euphie at one poinnt.
Haha, that was pure gold!

Though seriously, I hope they won't pull the Cagali-Kira/Luke-Leia/Teppic-Ptrachi card on us here with Kallen & Lelouch...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:50   Link #4667
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post

Though seriously, I hope they won't pull the Cagali-Kira/Luke-Leia/Teppic-Ptrachi card on us here with Kallen & Lelouch...
I don't think that would stop Lelouch though... He's already had a thing for Euphemia before. Lelouch will rise above the other heroes and not let a thing like incest stop their love!
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 14:53   Link #4668
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post

that be stupid and kinda pointless if you think about her mother arc that they had.
In the end it is not logical.
I am still waiting for ...
the next episode ><
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 15:00   Link #4669
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I think I remember hearing something about that too, but I can't remember if that was someone involved in the creation of the show, or just some fan with a bias.

Anyways it's rather obvious she's important. She is the greatest fighter on Lelouch's side. Who knows how far things go beyond that.
Pilot =/= plot. Funny. But that aside, the mechs have actually not dominated the plot all that much, its been the things working behind the pretty flashy lights that really make the gears go in circle.

The person who said the line was Goro Taniguchi in the last Newtype Romance and it was in relation to Lelouch.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 15:19   Link #4670
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Pilot =/= plot. Funny. But that aside, the mechs have actually not dominated the plot all that much, its been the things working behind the pretty flashy lights that really make the gears go in circle.

The person who said the line was Goro Taniguchi in the last Newtype Romance and it was in relation to Lelouch.
That could be huge if it's true. If in the Newtype Romance someone said that Kallen is important to the story.
For something that definitive I'd need proof that it actually said that though. Do you know of any sites that have that bit posted anywhere?

That's really interesting as well that they have a magazine dedicated to Romance in series.
Old 2008-08-15, 15:22   Link #4671
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
That could be huge if it's true. If in the Newtype Romance someone said that Kallen is important to the story.
For something that definitive I'd need proof that it actually said that though. Do you know of any sites that have that bit posted anywhere?

That's really interesting as well that they have a magazine dedicated to Romance in series.
well it says she will be an essential character with her bond with Lelouch.
and yes it is tanaguchi saying it.
Old 2008-08-15, 15:22   Link #4672
Var
Banned

Quote:

Koshimizu's vault of knowledge.

Quote:
The theme of the interview with Taniguchi this month is "bonds".
Bond with C.C., bond with Nunnally, bond with Suzaku: nothing new.
Bond with Shirley: Their friendship bond seems to be changing? She will have her chance to shine after Turn 11!
Bond with Kallen: According to the director, she is a essential character. She will be captured by Suzaku in the China Arc. Check it out.
Bond with Schenizel: Nothing. Only Schenizel saying "what about me?"
BTW Animedia gets hyped up about couples a lot. Plz take anything regarding "relationship" from them with a grain of salt.
It was from Animedia.
Old 2008-08-15, 16:37   Link #4673
FoxxFireArt

Thanks. That does have a lot of interesting information in it. Still I think we should consider this was information about before she was captured. Also we are advised to take the tip with a grain of salt.
Old 2008-08-15, 17:10   Link #4674
UrbanSniper
Novelist in Training

Send a message via MSN to UrbanSniper
Don't know if this has been brought up before, but as I was re-watching episode 18 and then looked to my desktop, I had a stray thought. In that Newtype (think it was newtype) picture of Kallen standing in front of the Guren ('I will remain risen' was the tag line for it), she's wearing what looks to be a burned/tattered scarf. I just wonder if that was supposed to be Sayako's (which she was wearing with her ninja outfit). Could make sense, if Sayako were perhaps mortally wounded while trying to protect Nunnally (whether or not either of them survive).
UrbanSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 17:13   Link #4675
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post
Don't know if this has been brought up before, but as I was re-watching episode 18 and then looked to my desktop, I had a stray thought. In that Newtype (think it was newtype) picture of Kallen standing in front of the Guren ('I will remain risen' was the tag line for it), she's wearing what looks to be a burned/tattered scarf. I just wonder if that was supposed to be Sayako's (which she was wearing with her ninja outfit). Could make sense, if Sayako were perhaps mortally wounded while trying to protect Nunnally (whether or not either of them survive).
hmmm
that's an interesting thought.
Ninja Kallen?
I kinda like it!
Old 2008-08-15, 17:33   Link #4676
Var
Banned

Quote:
Thanks. That does have a lot of interesting information in it. Still I think we should consider this was information about before she was captured. Also we are advised to take the tip with a grain of salt.
The bonds are all referring to future events, why would hers be about the past? That makes little sense if nothing else.
Old 2008-08-15, 17:39   Link #4677
FoxxFireArt

If she leaves the Black Knights and runs off with Lelouch. That may be her new outfit. Why wear Black Knights garb if you aren't a member anymore. It would make as much sense as Lelouch using the Zero mask after he's revealed as Lelouch. Though that's completely dependent on going with him at some point, and I'm still not 100% sure she does. I'd like her to though.

Though I don't think I ever saw that image of Kallen.
Could of been Sayako I guess. One thing I don't get about Sayako's ninja outfit. Aren't ninjas suppose to 'blend in'? She blends in the dark about as much as Robin, the boy wonder.
Anyone else ever wonder why, when she was posing as Lelouch, she had her maid's hat under the wig? Even now with her ninja outfit.
Old 2008-08-15, 17:41   Link #4678
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The bonds are all referring to future events, why would hers be about the past? That makes little sense if nothing else.
I mean that when this was published her capture in China was future events. Also it wasn't Suzaku who captured her. It was Xingku, and the Eunuch Generals handed her over to Suzaku.

I just don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves and start reading into things.
Old 2008-08-15, 17:44   Link #4679
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
I mean that when this was published her capture in China was future events. Also it wasn't Suzaku who captured her. It was Xingku, and the Eunuch Generals handed her over to Suzaku.

I just don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves and start reading into things.
well it simple mistranslation as we see that Suzaku did get Kallen in the end as the eunuch handed her over to him.
I am not inferring that this will be romantic.
Instead i am she that she her bond with Lelouch is critical.
But whatever i am more interested in ninja Kallen now XD
Old 2008-08-15, 17:44   Link #4680
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:

It technically was Suzaku that captured her for all those episodes. He had to be a dick and grab her while he had the chance.