Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-01, 21:10   Link #4761
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
So far at least 3 dolls have been defeated
I think he means that no one except Nanoha has managed to beat a doll which made it to the elite 8. Some dolls are not so heavily supported so they are easy targets for stronger competition. Hina-Ichigo, Bara and Kanaria are examples of that.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:13   Link #4762
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I think he means that no one except Nanoha has managed to beat a doll which made it to the elite 8.
Didn't Souseiseki lose to Seto San? And Souseiseki was runner-up a couple years ago.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:16   Link #4763
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

San Set from Seto no Hanayome? Isn't SnH a 2007 title?

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. Well, Souseiseki could have easily lost some series mojo since two years ago. I'm referring to the fact that when a Rozen character made it to the elite 8, no character has ever stopped them from becoming champion. Aside from Nanoha.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:16   Link #4764
Rainfall
Storm Of Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassaa View Post
■第1試合
1位 253票 園崎魅音@ひぐらしのなく頃に
2位 168票 グレーテル(静森えりか)@おとぎ銃士 赤ずきん
3位 97票 あやね@ながされて藍蘭島

■第2試合
1位 323票 川澄舞@Kanon
2位 218票 ルイズ・フランソワーズ・ル・ブラン・ド・ラ・ヴァリエール@ゼロの使い魔
3位 79票 木ノ下りんご@おとぎ銃士 赤ずきん
Great, Mai's still in the lead! Go, go, Mai! You must keep this up. I really hope her lead isn't fake. Will the event of the mighty taiyaki thief's capture provoke all Kanon fans and have Mai earn her victory by the end of this fight? I am in favor of that.

By the way, it's strange seeing the vote counts this low after the great fiasco from the other day. But maybe that's just me. I guess only the big names have the ability to attract the attention. It's somewhat disheartening. I really thought Kanon would do better than this. Then again, all I've just said is obvious.

As for what happened with that epic match, I suppose everyone will see for themselves the aftermath of Fate's setback in Gin-san's later matches. I'm somewhat worried about Gin now that she has an army of enraged devotees wanting to avenge Fate. Likewise, I think it's kind of amusing in a way. The Nanoha and Rozen Maiden fraction appear to have been waging war year after year. Such is the power of legions. You'll never know what happens until it's happened.

Also, I have a peculiar feeling that ONE of the reasons Nanoha succeeded in destroying Souseiseki in 2005 Saimoe was because she was one of the weaker dolls . . .? I would have liked to see the results had she been up against Desu . . .
Old 2007-10-01, 21:18   Link #4765
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Quote:
San Set from Seto no Hanayome? Was there some prequel of Seto no Hanayome I am unaware of? Isn't SnH a 2007 release?
It is. We're clearly misunderstanding each other here, lol. I was stating that others have beaten dolls that made it to the elite eight (in the past). You are interpreting "no one except Nanoha has managed to beat a doll which made it to the elite 8" as "no one except Nanoha has managed to beat a doll in the elite eight quarterfinals and following"
Old 2007-10-01, 21:22   Link #4766
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Yea, I realized that out sometime shortly after you where quoting my post.

Edited prior post to make more sense of it.

Quote:
Also, I have a peculiar feeling that ONE of the reasons Nanoha succeeded in destroying Souseiseki in 2005 Saimoe was because she was one of the weaker dolls . . .? I would have liked to see the results had she been up against Desu . . .
Nanoha beat Shinku who beat Suigintou... Then nanoha proceeded to beat Souseiseki in the Finals. I don't think it would have made a difference which doll Nanoha fought because the Rozen Maiden series mojo was not at It's peak during that time. Either way, Souseiseki did make it to the finals, so at that time, she was probably the strongest of all the dolls. Just as Fates mojo was not at It's peak during that time, either. If it was, Fate would have layed waste to Shinku and Beat Nanoha in the finals... as she is by far the most popular MSLN girl.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:25   Link #4767
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
Great, Mai's still in the lead! Go, go, Mai! You must keep this up. I really hope her lead isn't fake. Will the event of the mighty taiyaki thief's capture provoke all Kanon fans and have Mai earn her victory by the end of this fight? I am in favor of that.
/agreed

Quote:
As for what happened with that epic match, I suppose everyone will see for themselves the aftermath of Fate's setback in Gin-san's later matches. I'm somewhat worried about Gin now that she has an army of enraged devotees wanting to avenge Fate. Likewise, I think it's kind of amusing in a way. The Nanoha and Rozen Maiden fraction appear to have been waging war year after year. Such is the power of legions. You'll never know what happens until it's happened.
Yar time for revenge voting. Fate lives on in revenge votes!! Or maybe Fate's spirit has combined with Gin's will to win. Who knows.

Quote:
Well, Shinku beat Desu and then Nanoha beat Shinku. Of course, Desu vs Nanoha could've been a different match entirely.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:49   Link #4768
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
By the way, it's strange seeing the vote counts this low after the great fiasco from the other day. But maybe that's just me. I guess only the big names have the ability to attract the attention. It's somewhat disheartening. I really thought Kanon would do better than this. Then again, all I've just said is obvious.
The day after Fate\Gin was funny to me... for that reason.. it was like everyone finally went to sleep... but really it's fascinating how we all seem to know what the pivital matches are.... and we all make sure we're here for them.. I think we'll have a rest from chaos for awhile.. 10/7 maybe with Isumi vs Izumi? I'm dead sure we'll see a big turn out for Runa vs Nanoha.... both for Hina fans that felt crushed by the narrow loss.... and RM campers looknig to sink Nanoha early. Aruruu vs Suiseiseki will also be fun... I really expect a fair bit of backing for Aruruu... but probably in vain. I"m sure there will be a few other choice battles that mgiht flair up. but I dont (off top of my head) think of any match in the immediate future that will rival Gin/Fate...

But it is fun to compare this year versus the earlier saimoes.... a fair growth over-all.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:50   Link #4769
Rainfall
Storm Of Comfort

Quote:
Nanoha beat Shinku who beat Suigintou... Then nanoha proceeded to beat Souseiseki in the Finals. I don't think it would have made a difference which doll Nanoha fought because the Rozen Maiden series mojo was not at It's peak during that time. Either way, Souseiseki did make it to the finals, so at that time, she was probably the strongest of all the dolls. Just as Fates mojo was not at It's peak during that time, either. If it was, Fate would have layed waste to Shinku and Beat Nanoha in the finals... as she is by far the most popular MSLN girl.
I've thought about that. After all, with each year, popularity changes. Guess I was not fully aware of an accurate scale on how popular each doll was according to the corresponding time. Well, fame fades over time and as time passes, it is then picked up by other characters. Still, I think it would have been nice to see a Desu vs Nanoha in general. And concerning Fate, I would have been happier if she had been the one to take down Souseiseki instead of Nanoha. Better yet, it would have been an a hundred times better ending for me if she had defeated Desu last year. That's just me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakarst View Post
Yar time for revenge voting. Fate lives on in revenge votes!! Or maybe Fate's spirit has combined with Gin's will to win. Who knows.
Both speculations are possible. Hope revenge won't decide the outcome though. It would be a nightmare for me if something like that occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakarst View Post
Well, Shinku beat Desu and then Nanoha beat Shinku. Of course, Desu vs Nanoha could've been a different match entirely.
I would have liked to see Nanoha vs Desu to see how things turn out. Curious me.
Old 2007-10-01, 21:57   Link #4770
todkapuz

Quote:
I would have liked to see Nanoha vs Desu to see how things turn out. Curious me.
We can only hope that in one of the breaks between rounds there will be a good poll like that I wonder how we can make suggestions for mid-match polls.. .one's coming up very soon
Old 2007-10-01, 21:58   Link #4771
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least personally revenge voting hasn't become a big thing in my plans. Mostly because when a character I like loses it happens against another character I like. So instead stuck with rough dilemmas of not being able to go against them . Do hope revenge isn't the major player in things since that would be too bad. Wonder how far some will go on that route. At least I guess if a character I like beats another I like then I can let them carry the will of the defeated to the winners circle...or something like that.

There are going to be some more massive battles in the future there is no doubt about that. A bit worried how things will turn out but oh well that's life I guess .
Old 2007-10-01, 21:58   Link #4772
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
The day after Fate\Gin was funny to me... for that reason.. it was like everyone finally went to sleep... but really it's fascinating how we all seem to know what the pivital matches are.... and we all make sure we're here for them.. I think we'll have a rest from chaos for awhile.. 10/7 maybe with Isumi vs Izumi? I'm dead sure we'll see a big turn out for Runa vs Nanoha.... both for Hina fans that felt crushed by the narrow loss.... and RM campers looknig to sink Nanoha early. Aruruu vs Suiseiseki will also be fun... I really expect a fair bit of backing for Aruruu... but probably in vain. I"m sure there will be a few other choice battles that mgiht flair up. but I dont (off top of my head) think of any match in the immediate future that will rival Gin/Fate...
I know that Isumi has a good amount of the HnG fanbase, but is it also because that Konata is the weakest of the 3 LS girls remaining? I'm really worried for that day, since I know how strong Isumi can be (1k+ vote count).

Also looking to Runa versus Nanoha as well as the matches containing Kagami, Tsukasa, Tamao and Sayuri. Most likely I'll be waiting for the awaited Shana vs Nagi and Hayate vs Kagami match.

Depending on how the 2 girls in Hidamari Sketch do, I'm thinking of watching it. It's only 12 episodes anyway; I like light-hearted anime based on 4-koma.
Old 2007-10-01, 22:02   Link #4773
Rainfall
Storm Of Comfort

Quote:

But it is fun to compare this year versus the earlier saimoes.... a fair growth over-all.
I'm looking forward to Runa vs Nanoha and Aruruu vs Desu. Perhaps Fate's loss will grant Nanoha a boost? And keeping in mind the downfall of Hinagiku, it might put additional stress on Runa.

Personally, I would like someone other than Desu to conquer that particular block. Tsukasa or San-Seto would probably play a fair game. ^_^ I agree with you on Gin\Fate. For me, there's really no other matches that will put me under as much pressure as that one. I still can't believe it's all over. It feels like just a few minutes ago that Gin-san and Fate had that match. *sigh* It was one heck of a battle. I'm going to miss it.

Quote:
We can only hope that in one of the breaks between rounds there will be a good poll like that I wonder how we can make suggestions for mid-match polls.. .one's coming up very soon
Exciting! I love polls, especially at this time!
Old 2007-10-01, 22:03   Link #4774
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I've thought about that. After all, with each year, popularity changes. Guess I was not fully aware of an accurate scale on how popular each doll was according to the corresponding time. Well, fame fades over time and as time passes, it is then picked up by other characters. Still, I think it would have been nice to see a Desu vs Nanoha in general. And concerning Fate, I would have been happier if she had been the one to take down Souseiseki instead of Nanoha. Better yet, it would have been an a hundred times better ending for me if she had defeated Desu last year. That's just me though.

Both speculations are possible. Hope revenge won't decide the outcome though. It would be a nightmare for me if something like that occurs.

I would say in 2005 Shinku was the strongest doll that year. Shinku was the heroine of Rozen Maiden and Suigintou was the villan. Sugitou's popularity didn't pick then the 2nd season just like Fate didn;'t became popular till A's.

In 2005 both Rozen Maiden and Nanoha were of equal match as both series just started and both fandoms were in the early stages.
Old 2007-10-01, 22:31   Link #4775
OverFunk
It will never be the year

History of recent Saimoe? Count me in.

In 2005 Fate and Suigintou were both villians in their series. Japan haet villians for some reason. Shinku took them both in two close matches and Suiseiseki later on. In the end Nanoha took down Shinku and then Souseiseki.

In 2006 Hayate and Company and Barasuishou/Kirakishou had bad performances. Only Hayate who lost in 3rd round against Aruruu. Suigintou was still an antagonist, so maybe that's why she lost against Suiseiseki in round 3.

Shinku and Souseiseki (who did a pretty dumb decision in the series that could have costed her moe points, imo) lost by surprise.

Nanoha only lost to Fate.

In 2007 Suigintou found redemption in Ouverture. Shinku could have lost some moe points too. No villians for Nanoha's side this time, because the producers can't be bothered to introduce them before half past the series (seriously, wtf?). Well, except Lutecia, and we know how that ended (Japan still HAETS villians).

Well, we still have three dolls, two aces and one knight. Pretty even if you ask me. The stronger one RM lost was Souseiseki, but Nanoha lost Fate.

Suigintou ? Suiseiseki > Shinku.
Nanoha > Hayate > Vita.

That ? could be the key of latter rounds.

---
I'm definitely not glad at all with the second part of the preliminary results... As bad as it sounds, I'll have to rely in both fake votes and a reaction from Rie Loli Tsundere Version Pink2.0

---
@DragoonKain3: I do not plan on keeping that discussion going on. We have our points of view, and we were just having a pointless Internet debate.

Oh, by the way, I'll eat cardboard if Shana loses *badly* to any big shot character this tournament. Or if she loses to any proclaimed "Middle Tier".

And the irony that having a Rie character losing this way against a Kanon character as you used as example. Since ZnT2 sucked, no cardboard will be eaten.

----
Edit: Looking at the thread, it's disheartening. Landslide of Mai. But there are quite a few fakes against her. But I don't really think it'll help, unless there's a miraculous run at 22:00.

Never forget

Last edited by OverFunk; 2007-10-01 at 23:21.
Old 2007-10-01, 23:17   Link #4776
depthcharge101

Pretty sure Suigintou would be stronger than Shinku with the OVA released at the end of 2006....

Quote:
You have to ask yourself though, WHY make the characters look loli. I mean, from what little I know, there's few advantage as to why make Ilya a loli in the game. Why do Hansel and Gretel have to be loli? And so on.
Why? That's pretty obvious... Cuz most people like loli....
Old 2007-10-01, 23:25   Link #4777
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Looks like Ayu's early exit have galvanize the support for Mai.

And i wouldn't count out S&M loli yet. She was losing in her bracket early them thump both her opponents in the end.
I hope the galvanized support isn't soft ( I mean few fakies.. )

Picking for Mai since taiyaki thief have left the spotlight...

and also for Mion ~ no contest there and also I don't want to be cursed by oyashiro-sama ...
Old 2007-10-01, 23:29   Link #4778
todkapuz

No anomialies in the rush.... Happy Rushing.
Old 2007-10-01, 23:34   Link #4779
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aww man, how come I didn't get the cookie screen? Was early because of that. Oh well, we we're going to be broken up by 441 anyways. >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-10-01, 23:35   Link #4780
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Aww man, how come I didn't get the cookie screen? Was early because of that. Oh well, we we're going to be broken up by 441 anyways. >_>
Yeah, sucks. I posted one second early, Todkapuz was on time, but then cut off by 441 posted at 13:32:16.
Closed Thread