Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-20, 05:12   Link #461
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
BTW has everyone forgotten what Shawlong Kufang said?

chapter 209 pages 3-5

So yammy and kubo you're both full of crap with the "who said numbers go from 1 to 10"
Like I said, Kubo is king of inconsistencies.
Old 2009-04-20, 05:55   Link #462
Alchemist007
*Author

Random shippy prediction for next chap(s):
Spoiler for predictions:

Yeah...I got thinking trying to sleep at 7 am and that's what came to mind.
Old 2009-04-20, 07:36   Link #463
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

You people are too naive, if you go back to the chapter and re-read what yammy said, all he has been doing is eating and sleeping. so basically he ate enough souls or whatever to give him enough strength to make him the strongest period!!!. that doesn't mean he is the strongest espada, he maybe in terms of strength but like just like any other shounen there is a catch to it. you may say thats his special ability and as he demonstrated that in the real world he can suck up a great number of souls at the same time. so its logical if he's been eating and eating and eating he would eventually become the strongest when he realeses. keeping that in mind, it doesn't make him the strongest espada as we haven't seen the other top 3 espada releases. judging by his mounstrous size i would assume he is slow as hell. heck maybe he is number 0 coz he is stronger than the top 3 espada unleashed, so dont go off to conlusion and assume he is the strongest now.
Old 2009-04-20, 07:41   Link #464
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler for predictions:

Yeah that was random....
Old 2009-04-20, 08:31   Link #465
Wargumm1i
Hentai

But its obvious that the next few chapter will be focused on fake karakura town battle.
Old 2009-04-20, 08:34   Link #466
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Yeah that was random....
Sound's like Kubo's way of doing things "random"
Old 2009-04-20, 09:21   Link #467
Wargumm1i
Hentai

But still I am really interested in knowing more about Ichigo´s powers, I mean Ichigo is powerful no doubt about that, but something is not right, I mean so far people have bin calling him Human, but I wonder...

I mean Ichigo isint just Human, he is Shinigami/Hollow/Human all combined which is something too really question.

I mean I think that Ichigo is some sorta godlike being or something, atleast Ichigo is an mysterious being who represents all three factors Humans/Shinigamis/hollows.

Last edited by Wargumm1i; 2009-04-20 at 09:51.
Old 2009-04-20, 10:17   Link #468
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Like I said, Kubo is king of inconsistencies.
I told that way before...
I think that Kubo was rejected for some girl or his baseball team lost or whatever, but he is really absent-minded
Old 2009-04-20, 10:21   Link #469
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
The "Aizen being the bad guy" plot twist was impossible to see coming just because Kubo had so thoroughly convinced everyone Aizen was dead, even to the point of showing the autopsy and having the head of the medical division confirm his death. Only after Aizen's lengthy explanation did it make any kind of sense.
Well Aizen was actually killed by KT it wasn't planned before hand . He later chose to resurrect him from the dead . Kt himself admitted it, in one of the recent interviews .

Quote:
Kubo: “At first I did not plan Aizen to become the shadow behind everything. I just thought he will become the enemy after he was killed
Old 2009-04-20, 10:23   Link #470
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I really want too know more about Aizen´s pasts.
Old 2009-04-20, 10:29   Link #471
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I really want too know more about Aizen´s pants.
Indeed, did MC Hammer designed it?
Old 2009-04-20, 10:35   Link #472
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
If it wasn't temporary then why would he have to build up the strength to go into that form? It implies he needs energy to become that powerful and naturally in that form he burns the energy that he gathers.

Otherwise, he wouldn't need to eat and sleep so much to become that strong, he would have been like that all along.
I doubt that Yammy will lose his realese durring the battle, cause I belive he has to be prepered for a long fight. He might turn back when he has not enought enegry thou... come to think of it his sucker technique could probably eat Chad's soul right now without a fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Awesome find Sauzer, although you should crop the pic and remove the link since full pages are not allowed on the forums.

#8 died as well, turning into...darkness or something.
8 is Apollo and Mayuri left him in state of super-waiting-for-death with part of sword in his cheast and hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler for predictions:

I hope that Kubo won't be affected by the fact that Kishi had a confession scene in one of his last chapters Oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Well Aizen was actually killed by KT it wasn't planned before hand . He later chose to resurrect him from the dead . Kt himself admitted it, in one of the recent interviews .

It's sad that it wasn't planned, becuase no matter how good it went, it still is somehow random. Becuase if Aizen had a bigger flashback before becoming an evil mastermind, he might ruin this possibility, and that's scary. Like saying now that espada are from 0-9 instead of 1-10 or even the most logical 0-10 Oo
Old 2009-04-20, 10:56   Link #473
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Indeed, did MC Hammer designed it?
i just imagine Yammy singing AND DANCING "can't touch this" and i LOL'ed
Old 2009-04-20, 11:22   Link #474
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Ulquiorra wasn't killed by an Ichigo with new Zangetsu powers no instead he was killed solely by instinct, it wasn't the power of the heart that killed him which would have been better IMO but instead he lost to an uncontrolled beast that killed everything apart from Orihime. That does not prove the heart makes you stronger it proves bloodlust and instincts makes you stronger.
Cub-sama, you are indeed maturing as a poster . I enjoy your comments more by the week. I actually liked the irony that Ulquiorra was proved right, in one sense, that Ichigo's "heart" could not win him the battle. If anything, Ulquiorra was the one who showed more heart by ending Kurosaki's rampage, suspiciously right after Inoue called out in distress.

Kubo has screwed up a lot of things, including how Ichigo hot-buttered Grimjaw and how Yammy suddenly became 0 espada. However, I thought the conclusion to the Ichigo-Ulquiorra fight was well done and deeper than the normal shounen convention. The true importance of "heart" should not just be that it makes you a stronger fighter, as in the shounen cliche. The value of heart is to have friends who care for and sacrifice for you, to have beliefs that can hold one above despair no matter what happens.

And I think that is what touched and puzzled Ulquiorra in the end. The way Orihime kept her courage because of her friends, the way Ishida risked his own life to try and stop Ichigo from becoming a beast, the way Ichigo asked Ulquiorra to cut off his own arms and legs rather than accept victory from his hollow instinct , the way Orihime reached out to Ulquiorra with compassion at the end.....

All those emotions touched Ulquiorra in a way that Ichigo winning with a 9000 level powerup from his heart could not have.
Old 2009-04-20, 11:35   Link #475
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Cub-sama, you are indeed maturing as a poster . I enjoy your comments more by the week. I actually liked the irony that Ulquiorra was proved right, in one sense, that Ichigo's "heart" could not win him the battle. If anything, Ulquiorra was the one who showed more heart by ending Kurosaki's rampage, suspiciously right after Inoue called out in distress.

Kubo has screwed up a lot of things, including how Ichigo hot-buttered Grimjaw and how Yammy suddenly became 0 espada. However, I thought the conclusion to the Ichigo-Ulquiorra fight was well done and deeper than the normal shounen convention. The true importance of "heart" should not just be that it makes you a stronger fighter, as in the shounen cliche. The value of heart is to have friends who care for and sacrifice for you, to have beliefs that can hold one above despair no matter what happens.

And I think that is what touched and puzzled Ulquiorra in the end. The way Orihime kept her courage because of her friends, the way Ishida risked his own life to try and stop Ichigo from becoming a beast, the way Ichigo asked Ulquiorra to cut off his own arms and legs rather than accept victory from his hollow instinct , the way Orihime reached out to Ulquiorra with compassion at the end.....

All those emotions touched Ulquiorra in a way that Ichigo winning with a 9000 level powerup from his heart could not have.
The end was fitting IMO the action itself was the problem, Ichigo proved nothing in the end not the power of heart or resolve simply the power of instincts and in a way proved Hichigo right, that a battle should not be thought out logically or be a battle of resolves it should merely be primal instinct against primal instinct therefore even though the outcome was Ulquiorra lost the actual loss was to Ichigo because he couldn't even prove his idealogy.

And since Kubo has always been prone to showing Ichigo's resolve and heart winning his battle it wasn't done and they did not show him the power of the heart merely the power a hollow has because it acts on instinct.

Also thanks I just feel like discussing these days instead of my 1 liners

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-04-20, 11:39   Link #476
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
BTW has everyone forgotten what Shawlong Kufang said?

chapter 209 pages 3-5

So yammy and kubo you're both full of crap with the "who said numbers go from 1 to 10"
Aizen/Yami could've easily kept Yami's released number secret from Shawlong and the rest of the fraccion. Kubo's knowledge isn't necessarily the characters' knowledge, you know.
Old 2009-04-20, 11:42   Link #477
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Logically, if the Espada ranks order 0-9, then Yammi up until this point shouldn't have even been considered an "Espada" during his time as a 10...

What a mindfuck game of semantics...

"Who's on first?"
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-04-20, 12:03   Link #478
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Logically, if the Espada ranks order 0-9, then Yammi up until this point shouldn't have even been considered an "Espada" during his time as a 10...

What a mindfuck game of semantics...

"Who's on first?"
Maybe Aizen thought up the 10th Espada rank so Yami could stay on the Espada when he's unreleased.
Old 2009-04-20, 12:19   Link #479
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The end was fitting IMO the action itself was the problem, Ichigo proved nothing in the end not the power of heart or resolve simply the power of instincts and in a way proved Hichigo right, that a battle should not be thought out logically or be a battle of resolves it should merely be primal instinct against primal instinct therefore even though the outcome was Ulquiorra lost the actual loss was to Ichigo because he couldn't even prove his idealogy.
Maybe Kubo wanted to disprove the idea that a strong heart makes a good fighter, for all of Ichigo's claims otherwise. Seeing how Chad, Ishida and Renji have been repeatedly owned in the series has already demonstrated that sometimes a brave heart isn't enough to win battles.

I guess a lot depends on the follow up . I hope Kubo uses this to prove that the value of heart isn't about strength. I think Ulquiorra realized also at the end that while his hollow power was indeed stronger than that of a "heart", yet he would still die all alone with nothing to live for but despair and fear. As long as Ulquiorra considered a heart purely as a source of strength for Ichigo; as just another means of battle, he could never understand it. Only Orihime's compassion and bravery enabled him to get some inkling at the very end.
Old 2009-04-20, 13:33   Link #480
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
No, not really. He just told Yammi that it was impossible for him to win at his level. I haven't seen it written as "current level". Also, in Ulq's first fight with Ichigo he stated that were 3 espada stronger than himself not 4. Really, Kubo went out of his way to make Yammi look like the weakest and if it was always intended for Yammi to be the strongest, then he threw a lot of red herrings to make it look otherwise.

Not that red herrings are bad. The "Aizen being the bad guy" plot twist was impossible to see coming just because Kubo had so thoroughly convinced everyone Aizen was dead, even to the point of showing the autopsy and having the head of the medical division confirm his death. Only after Aizen's lengthy explanation did it make any kind of sense. This plot twist is not as good compared to that, mostly because the explanation of Yammi's strength is kind of weak.
Maybe we will get an explanation later..It's still early....
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion