AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-07-22, 00:34   Link #461
balofo
Banned

Model listings bring more info:

-G-Self has 2 Beam Sabers(still haven't figured out where they're stored, can only be internally)

-Grimoire's Sub Machinegun Beam Wire emission port shown, knife is called Plasma Knife

-Montero has a Beam Rifle.
-G-Arcane Beam Sword Mode shown, Shield has some hidden armament ports(missiles?), wrists can emit Beam Wire, and it also has 2 Beam Sabers.

balofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 16:56   Link #462
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The more I see G-Arkane the more I love it.wonder what this beam wire stuff is.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 17:32   Link #463
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Perhaps similar/same tech to what was used in Victory Gundam? (Zanscare units)

That G-Self rifle is gonna be a bitch to paint lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 20:15   Link #464
brightman
Ancient Member

New Tomino interview:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/char_blog/20140723/1406118772
http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-2398.html

Quote:
  • 最初にキャラホビ2011のおさらい(司会をやってたからか?)。
  • RCは宇宙エレベーターとMSとGという事場の整合性のために生まれた。
  • レコンギスタはUCの終焉で崩壊した地球圏を復権する意味を持ったタイトル。もちろんそれだけ でもない。
  • リギルドは再メッキ。メッキし直された世紀。
  • UCがいつ終わり、その最後に何が起こったか。そんなことは知りません。RCの歴史学者に聞いてく ださい。
  • 核エネルギーなどは徹底的に全否定。
  • スペースコロニーは全部ゴミ。それを再生させて生き残った人たちがいた。月の裏側に建造されたコロニー、ト ワサンガと金星のビーナス・グロゥブをこの千年で構築した。
  • フォトンバッテリーは手帳ぐらいのサイズでガンダムレベルのMSを一週間は稼働させることができるエネルギ ー源。この技術を持っているのが宇宙移民。キャピタルの物資と引き換え。こんなエネルギー源は現実に存在し ないがそれでいいんです。G-レコはファンタジーなんです。おもしろければいい。それがすべてです。
  • G-レコを観た子供たちが大人になったとき、ガンダムに疑問をもってくれればいい。G-レコは脱ガンダムに繋げるための布石となる作品。
  • アイーダが動き始めていて女性主導に見えるでしょう。
  • 基本的に人の世というのは女性が子を産んでくれることで継承されるもの。男性はその支え、言ってしまえば付 属物でしかない。だけど自分が雄であることを認識し雌と子をどう守るかという考えから衣食住確保において体 を張った行動をしてきた。ベルリも成長過程でそう育てていきたい。
  • 雄の感覚で作られた男社会がUC時代に人類を破滅させたので、アイーダたちでバランスをとって いきたい。
  • 女性の社会進出はニセモノ。男が雄になってないだけ。
  • アイーダは少年からみたお姉さん。
  • キャラ表の作成は昔から苦手。
  • 今回非常に面白い声の人に出会っています。実際に出演がかなうかどうかはまだ分からないけど、当てたい役が ある。この35年間聴いたことがないような声の持ち主で、出演したら傑出したバイプレイヤーが誕生するだろ うという期待を持っています。
  • 形部氏はカトキ氏以降の世代の新しいデザイナー。
  • 山根氏もふっきれている。
  • MSがオモチャとしてのルックスになってきていて、まさに子供がワクワクするロボットを生み出せていると感 じいてる。もちろんそれによって理屈ではおかしな部分も出てきているんだけど、そこは笑って知らん顔するし かない。何しろ必殺武器があるロボットアニメなんだから「いいよ! やっちまえ!」って。それでいいと思っ ています。どんどん堅苦しい作品になっていくだけだから。
  • 舞台にも整合性のほころびが生まれているが、「うるせぇ! これはロボットアニメなんだから黙れ!!」って ことです。
  • (宇宙世紀ものに携わる人たちに)ひとつだけ言っておくと、大事にすべきことは、相手となる世代の目線をし っかり知ること。
  • G-レコは子供に見てもらいたい作品ですが、子供アニメにしているつもりはありません。アニメを作るなら、「最 低、これくらいのことは考えて創れ」ということを並べています。そういうことを考えながら創っている自分は 、つくづくクリエイティブな仕事がすきなんだな、と実感しました(笑、笑、笑)。
  • 1stでのレイアウトチェックの様子の写真掲載。
Old 2014-07-23, 20:39   Link #465
monster

So, what I can get from an online translation of that is that they replaced nuclear energy with "pocketbook"-sized photon batteries, which can power a mobile suit for a week.

Everything else is unclear: space colonies are "garbage," social advancement of woman being "knockoff," man is not male, make the animation the most low, something about the kids and seeing gundam as weapons or robot anime, etc.

Last edited by monster; 2014-07-23 at 22:52. Reason: misspelled "low"
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 21:19   Link #466
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

What I can tell is that Tomino basically said that the male-dominated UC Era essentially destroyed everything, and that it is time women step up and have a shot at building their own interpretation of society. The testosterone era of the entire UC from MSG to V Gundam is essentially a dismal failure.
Old 2014-07-23, 22:54   Link #467
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What I can tell is that Tomino basically said that the male-dominated UC Era essentially destroyed everything, and that it is time women step up and have a shot at building their own interpretation of society. The testosterone era of the entire UC from MSG to V Gundam is essentially a dismal failure.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahaha!!!!!!
Old 2014-07-23, 23:40   Link #468
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
So, what I can get from an online translation of that is that they replaced nuclear energy with "pocketbook"-sized photon batteries, which can power a mobile suit for a week.
Well that's pretty cool.
Old 2014-07-24, 09:42   Link #469
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If that’s true then this series is kinda ironic since it seems we still have a male as the MC who piloted the mighty “gundam “ prototype. Gundam anime is long overdue for a true female MC after they teased us with Christina MacKenzie more than a decade ago.
Old 2014-07-24, 18:20   Link #470
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Any other choice, when there are women like Martha Vist to be the top of the hierarchy?

It's human's logic, not men's.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2014-07-24 at 19:54.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 20:34   Link #471
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:

Everything else is unclear: space colonies are "garbage," social advancement of woman being "knockoff," man is not male, make the animation the most low, something about the kids and seeing gundam as weapons or robot anime, etc.
Basically space colonies from UC were abandoned and turned to refuse. And some surviving spacenoids would rebuild them from the debris in the 1000 years since UC ended. And there is a moon colony is called Towasanga and the Venus colony is called Venus Globe.

The kid part is him saying that while he wants kids to watch this show, but he is not making this a "kids' anime". Though he did say the mobile suit designs were intentionally "toy-like" to make them something kids would like. And that he didn't want to make a "Gundam" show, more of an adventure show, but maybe kids who watch it grow up and will identify this type of show as "Gundam".
Old 2014-07-24, 22:14   Link #472
monster

Quote:
I don't like that type of a resolution, but I'm male, so what do I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
but maybe kids who watch it grow up and will identify this type of show as "Gundam".
Interesting. If he's set out to change the franchise, then there might be something more to see in Reconguista after all. That said, speaking of the type of show, Build Fighters could potentially change the franchise as well.
Old 2014-07-24, 22:32   Link #473
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I don't like that type of a resolution, but I'm male, so what do I know... Interesting. If he's set out to change the franchise, then there might be something more to see in Reconguista after all. That said, speaking of the type of show, Build Fighters could potentially change the franchise as well.
I think Build Fighters is more of a spinoff, ala SD Gundam, then a shifting of the franchise's direction... I don't think Bandai has given up on the traditional Gundam shows just yet.

Though I don't know if G-Reco is that new direction either. I think they are more experimenting with it than anything, sort of like they did with Turn A.
Old 2014-07-25, 07:09   Link #474
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I think Build Fighters is more of a spinoff, ala SD Gundam, then a shifting of the franchise's direction... I don't think Bandai has given up on the traditional Gundam shows just yet.
Oh, certainly they intended Build Fighters to be a side show. But business plan can change, and if they think they could gain more of a fanbase/profit in turning the franchise into a toy competition-style mecha anime rather than a life-and-death conflict/war-style mecha anime, well...
Quote:
Though I don't know if G-Reco is that new direction either. I think they are more experimenting with it than anything, sort of like they did with Turn A.
Maybe, but I'm hoping that there is something significantly different for such a statement to be made. I think that Turn A fits just fine with the rest of the franchise.
Old 2014-07-25, 08:51   Link #475
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, certainly they intended Build Fighters to be a side show. But business plan can change, and if they think they could gain more of a fanbase/profit in turning the franchise into a toy competition-style mecha anime rather than a life-and-death conflict/war-style mecha anime, well... Maybe, but I'm hoping that there is something significantly different for such a statement to be made. I think that Turn A fits just fine with the rest of the franchise.
As much as I love and adore Build Fighters, Gundam completely turning over to a toyetic anime would leave a sour taste in my mouth. Gundam's uniqueness was that it brought something of a "real-esque" treatment to how mecha in general are used, and that the themes of war and human struggle are ever present, even in stuff like G Gundam.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 15:10   Link #476
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Yeah the suit looks great, but then I've also had a thing for really long barreled weapons. I think the beam wire stuff is a trade off for a more powerful beam saber since it frees up the hands to do other things while still having some sort of beam cutting weapon to use as well.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 18:14   Link #477
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon
http://www.g-reco.net/news/#8110
First 10 minutes of G Reco episode #1 will be streamed online on 08th of August. Also included will be an interview with Tomino and a behind the scenes look.

First 3 episodes will be screened later this month as a "movie" at an event and then the first 3 episodes will be streamed online starting September 8th.
So we get to see the first 10 minutes of episode 1 this Friday.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 01:50   Link #478
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm ready. Been wanting to see more footage for a while now.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:44   Link #479
Skye629

Quote:
I'm ready. Been wanting to see more footage for a while now.
Same

Isnt 10 minutes like 40% an episode?
Old 2014-08-03, 09:13   Link #480
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As much as I love and adore Build Fighters, Gundam completely turning over to a toyetic anime would leave a sour taste in my mouth. Gundam's uniqueness was that it brought something of a "real-esque" treatment to how mecha in general are used, and that the themes of war and human struggle are ever present, even in stuff like G Gundam.
I don't think this will happen, there's definitely enough variations in the mechs militaristic war show that they can come up with. I think shows like Build Fighters are a way to attract younger viewers to the franchise while also being something older and more familiar audiences could enjoy. You know, kinda like was what AGE as supposed to do.

But even if they do make more of the toy competition thing, I don't think it would take over the normal stuff they do. At least not in the near future. Bandai has done other toy shows with toy selling non-Gundam in the past though and I wouldn't be surprised if BF would take over that line except leveraging the Gundam brand. It could make for a great synergy, especially knowing the alternate timelines way in how series are handled (let's forget about Black History for a second.....).