AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-21, 20:18   Link #461
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I can excuse the fact that at this point in the story that Usagi does what she does because she's a brat basically. Obviously she'll get better and she's already on that path by accepting the fact that despite knowing she's a brat, she'll do her job as team leader.

My main problem was that this seemed all over the place. And I thought this was supposedly truer to the manga than the original series?

Though for a feminist series, Usagi was sure ready to dump her crew and humanity's fate for a man REAALLLLLLLLLLL quick
Old 2014-09-21, 20:21   Link #462
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 04:31   Link #463
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
I am really hoping they return their memories and understand they mean to be together just before queen Beryl kill the generals, or the guardians kill thеm before they return their memories, or just something like " they were not supposed to be resurrected in the first place", so they won't have a happy ending, but some sad moments for them all. I can't imagine the story progress with 5 guardians and their boyfriends. The whole point for the other guardians, except for Usagi, is to be soldiers, not love sick girls, and a tragic love stories now might establish their alienation to love later on. So I am hoping they will torment them a little with the death of their lovers ( I am not a bad person, it is just right)
tbh, I don't want that either. I like a good bit of "bad outcomes", but not here, not for them.
Spoiler for possible mild spoilers, to be safe:
Old 2014-09-22, 05:49   Link #464
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
tbh, I don't want that either. I like a good bit of "bad outcomes", but not here, not for them.
Spoiler for possible mild spoilers, to be safe:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2014-09-22, 09:59   Link #465
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by Konja9; 2014-09-22 at 10:38.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 11:06   Link #466
minaku
Princess of Hades

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2014-09-22, 11:07   Link #467
GDB

You know, there is a spoiler thread...
Old 2014-09-22, 11:14   Link #468
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You know, there is a spoiler thread...
I do, but no one writes there
Old 2014-09-22, 19:37   Link #469
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I wouldn't say that Usagi abandoned her friends in that scene. She was frustrated and ran out to think but when they need her help, she'll return. It's a natural thing to do in an argument sometimes but I wouldn't say she abandoned them. Now if they were in trouble and she never came, then that would be abandonment.

One thing that does bother me a little is...how can Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask kiss a girl (twice!) that he barely knew (and she also hardly knew him?). The way they interact makes it feel like they've become closer acquaintances offscreen than what we actually see onscreen??

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 15:49   Link #470
minaku
Princess of Hades

I think she actually was running towards the TV Station alone, and she was affected by the signals emitted from it. That's why she felt dizzy and she arrived there so quickly. This episode had serious narrative problems, lets hope it will never happen again.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-09-25 at 15:15.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 11:26   Link #471
elior

act 7 was great and venus finally make her apreance i cant wait to see more of her
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 13:02   Link #472
HandofFate

At this point, I'm kind of missing the showboating and memorable bgm of the old sailor moon series. Just that it could have cut the monster of the week stuff by half.

This episode annoyed me with now helpless Sailor Moon was. Like her grabbing zoicite and stuff when he was targeting Tuxedo Mask. Attack him you dummy. You have powers.

The villain's plans are so inefficient lol. Do they really think they can find the crystal in some random person's closet, or find Sailor Moon randomly by controlling people? Granted, this was a trap, but I feel they could have just got her to come out by showing himself and going "hey sailor moon, come get me"

Its weird how the entire arcade was designed for this mission by Luna and Artemis. With Sailor Venus being able to hack into the game and talk to Sailor Moon.
How did they know this was a good location, what if everyone was found in Kyoto or something. They were lucky almost everyone is in the same town.
Old 2014-10-04, 13:14   Link #473
GDB

Minako has arrived! Can't wait. She was my favorite in the original series by far. Wasn't even close. Now that I'm older, I've come to appreciate Mars and Mercury more, but Venus is still #1.

And yeah, Zoicite being able to essentially dominate Moon with one hand just from holding her upper arm was pretty bad. At least the previous time he had her in a choke hold.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:02   Link #474
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Moon with one hand just from holding her upper arm was pretty bad. At least the previous time he had her in a choke hold.
Add to that the whole "save me, boyfriend, cry, cry, whine, I'm such a weak girl, protect me, male creature" dialogue and they literally had me cringing. I remember Usagi being the most annoyingly weak and dependent of the bunch at times, but I sort of seemed to remember her as slightly better than that.
Old 2014-10-04, 15:00   Link #475
ginger02

Kind of wondering, but what year does this show take place, roughly?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:35   Link #476
elior

Quote:
Add to that the whole "save me, boyfriend, cry, cry, whine, I'm such a weak girl, protect me, male creature" dialogue and they literally had me cringing. I remember Usagi being the most annoyingly weak and dependent of the bunch at times, but I sort of seemed to remember her as slightly better than that.
well if i remember right this is nothing compared to what kunzite will do to the sailor shenshi in act 8 which will be more anoying
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 19:58   Link #477
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
If Zoicite dislocates her shoulder, she won't be fighting either. Besides Moon Healing Escalation probably weakened her like it did in the last episode.

And..all the others were down for the count. So...Tuxedo Kamen was the only one left that could help her. Besides, it validates to her that Mamo-chan could be trusted.

Nothing wrong with females indulging in the fantasy entertainment of being saved by a prince imo. Disney has loads of princesses that it happened to and it worked every time.
Old 2014-10-05, 06:20   Link #478
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 20:46   Link #479
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Kind of wondering, but what year does this show take place, roughly?
Crystal is set somewhere in the year 2014 with the technology used.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 00:07   Link #480
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Crystal is set somewhere in the year 2014 with the technology used.
Ahh was wondering with the tablet and DVDs and all. Thanks.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahou shoujo, remake, sailor moon