AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-11-01, 13:06   Link #461
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
Dont care she cute and adorable make me want to spoil her......

The anime emphasis on her two big weapon on her chest alot

Huh i feel that Kirin sword is abit different????
It is different. As in completely normal, no especial abilities, no lux, no nothing. And kirin became n1 with that handicap.
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-01, 23:40   Link #462
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So it seems that Kirin Toudou is a counterpart to Ikki Kurogane, except that she's ranked number one compared to him, I presume.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 06:27   Link #463
ValvraveTruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJY View Post
Dont care she cute and adorable make me want to spoil her......

The anime emphasis on her two big weapon on her chest alot

Huh i feel that Kirin sword is abit different????
Yes, Kirin is using a normal japanese sword (nihon-tou).
Old 2015-11-02, 09:38   Link #464
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Its quite cool to see the 6 student presidents being animated.
I miss the part where allekant rep pulls a horizon manouver during the negotiation but whatever, if something had to go it was that. Not like he is important anyway.
Old 2015-11-02, 09:41   Link #465
The 48th Ronin

Finally, nice to see Kirin in action. She's one hell of a jailbait.

And those Allekant girls...
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 10:27   Link #466
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Finally, nice to see Kirin in action. She's one hell of a jailbait.

And those Allekant girls...
Yeah, Kirin was cute, and it was nice to see someone stronger than the MC in the show, it really gives the sense that the world is bigger than just the MC and that they still have a way to go.

The Allekant girls were really cute, specially the genki scientist girl, I really liked how much she moved, it really transmitted how energetic she is and I feel the animators had fun with her this ep.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 11:43   Link #467
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Damn that was a really good episode

I know some people dont like the limiter, but i've always liked it in the series, it brings more things into the battle, makes his power more interesting, allows more factors to be put in and most of all, i always like my protags with a limit of some sort

I did notimagine Dirk's voice to be that deep at all. Kirin's was lighter than i thought but damn she's still the best, expecially when her tone changed at the start of the battle. Another favorite scene was with Saya and the Allekant girl.

Lester moe
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Last edited by LKK; 2015-11-02 at 13:47. Reason: inconsiderate behavior
Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 11:55   Link #468
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
I know some people dont like the limiter, but i've always liked it in the series, it brings more things into the battle, makes his power more interesting, allows more factors to be put in and most of all, i always like my protags with a limit of some sort

Lester moe
I also like the limiter. Essentially, it means that he loses if he can't force a victory within the time limit, which adds a lot of really interesting layers to the fights as well as providing a solid limit, which is important for a starting protagonist. To Wit, in Wheel of Time, the fact that end-of-series Rand can annihilate a city is vastly more satiating because he could barely light a candle at the end of the first book.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 16:52   Link #469
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
I also like the limiter. Essentially, it means that he loses if he can't force a victory within the time limit, which adds a lot of really interesting layers to the fights as well as providing a solid limit, which is important for a starting protagonist. To Wit, in Wheel of Time, the fact that end-of-series Rand can annihilate a city is vastly more satiating because he could barely light a candle at the end of the first book.
Yeah, in that sense it adds a nice layer to the fight. He's still powerful, but he has to force fights and can't let them drag out. That made his fight with Kirin all the more interesting and difficult. He could manage to hold out, but that in itself wouldn't let him win. A long fight would end in his loss and in the end he loses here because he felt the pressure of reaching his limit at any moment.
Old 2015-11-02, 18:01   Link #470
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Reading comprehension please, I never suggested other people needs to find this boring too, I stated it was my own opinion but something really different is how some members still trying to say this is good or even amazing when it isn't and that doesn't mean I'm trying to force my opinion onto everyone.

24 episodes with a bunch on filler characters and more girls into the harem isn't something new or good, is just the common pattern of any other hamem and that's why this is boring. Kirin is a nice adition but as I said is not enough to fix the problem with gakusen.
If your not enjoying a show by episode five, just drop it. For example I dropped Comet Lucifer at episode three and Lance N' Masques lasted one.

On a related note about the furthest I've ever got into a show before I dropped it was The Irregular at Magic Highschool at episode fourteen,and I wished I listed to the voice in my had saying it wasn't going to get better at about six... If your still here at episode twelve complaining how bad it is, your going to feel stupid.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 18:06   Link #471
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
The Presidents sure are interesting bunch. And why do I get the feeling that the meek one is only pretending to be meek?
I'm going with the theory there all devious devils myself.

There so much power in the positions, regardless of ethics, there all going to have the mindsets of politicians.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 19:34   Link #472
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Who is this Kirin and where can I get one?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 00:31   Link #473
novakai

Just a question about the beginning when the Le wolfe guy was arguing with the White Knight Guy. did the sword go through him because he was a hologram or was the White knight's sword was a hologram
novakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 00:48   Link #474
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakai View Post
Just a question about the beginning when the Le wolfe guy was arguing with the White Knight Guy. did the sword go through him because he was a hologram or was the White knight's sword was a hologram
It was established early on that the Luxes can be made intangible, so that they can be used for sparring and other non-deadly instances of combat (standard duels). We saw it in the initial fight between Ayato and Julis, when his final blow went right through her.
Old 2015-11-03, 09:48   Link #475
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakai View Post
The sword never went through him, it only looked like that because of the fat. He pulled the one millimeter to the neck trick.
Old 2015-11-03, 11:10   Link #476
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Remember when Saya and Julis were arguing about being Ayato's partner? Why didn't Ayato clear up the situation and just explain, "I am Julis' partner"? For meta reasons, it's to keep up the harem hijinks, but I can't see an in story justification for his being so unforthcoming. I see his situation with Julis much like Shirayuki and Zen in Snow White: All they're really missing is the purely ceremonial exchange of words.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 14:01   Link #477
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
Remember when Saya and Julis were arguing about being Ayato's partner? Why didn't Ayato clear up the situation and just explain, "I am Julis' partner"? For meta reasons, it's to keep up the harem hijinks, but I can't see an in story justification for his being so unforthcoming. I see his situation with Julis much like Shirayuki and Zen in Snow White: All they're really missing is the purely ceremonial exchange of words.
Are we talking about the tournament, or something else?
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 15:07   Link #478
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomlurker View Post
The sword never went through him, it only looked like that because of the fat. He pulled the one millimeter to the neck trick.
Really good to know, for a second there I thought the guy had some sort of intangibility trick that made him into a ghost to evade stuff.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-03, 15:33   Link #479
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Once again a reminder.

In the anime threads one may not post any hints of future content from the skurce material, even under spoiler tags.

Go to the novel thread if you are interested in discussing future content.
Old 2015-11-03, 17:58   Link #480
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
Are we talking about the tournament, or something else?
Well, I can't speak for someone else of course, but I think Incest Emblem meant, as likely the show, the tournament as the meta layer for Ayato and Julis relationship. At least in these early stages. Specifically the way Ayato asked julis to be his partner, how it was handled, the words used, well, it did felt to me like a confession, not being formally a confession.
So, in a way, Julis changing the roles while telling about it to Saya, was already a bit off, but you could explain it with her protective side that kicked in not wanting to put "the blame" to Ayato, and so handling it herself. As she did before. That seems her behaviour with the persons she cares for. She sure is a bit stubborn, but I'd say mostly independent. And here I can see some similarities with Shirayuki (with the due differences).
On the other hand there are no reasons, other than the harem hijinks one, Ayato didn't correct her stopping the quarrel with Saya. And in a (meta) sense Ayato has some similarities with Zen.
But I won't enter into any Shirayuki comparisons to not step into spoiler territories, so I'll just say I like the comparison, considering the different genres. And so that the next episode everything could/will change since the tide is turning.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, harem, light novel adaptation, ps vita