Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 10:48   Link #462
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
Well, I just hope *someone* translates Hou. I want to read those exclusive arcs!
Hope this may help you while waiting the translation.

Kamikanshi-hen summary: Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3

Sorry for my bad English ( ' 3' )

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 10:51   Link #463
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
And is Ryukishi trying to draw hideous sprites on purpose now?
As part of the minority who actually loves Ryukishi's art I have to say.... these Hou sprites REALLY DO look like shit.

And they put the Satoko towel sprite to shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Maybe Witch Hunt will pick it up? We can only hope xD
I'd really really rather to have RGD translated rather than this, it looks way too... Rei all over again.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 11:05   Link #464
TW25

Thanks for the summary, WarriorKK. Looks like I more or less got the gist of the story when I attempted to read some of it a few weeks back.

By the way, you people who hate the character art are the crazy ones. And like all of Higurashi, Hou is just as awesome as everything that came before. If you're a fan of Higurashi you can't not like Kamikanshi-hen.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 12:16   Link #465
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I'd really really rather to have RGD translated rather than this, it looks way too... Rei all over again.
Hey, mister, if you have something to say to me you better get your butt on Skype
Old 2014-09-21, 13:13   Link #466
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Does anyone think the Kamikanshi chapter will get an anime adaptation like Outbreak? Unless someone makes an English (or Spanish) translation, I'll just have to settle for the summary.
It's possible. Maybe if the BD-Boxes sell really well, we'll get a Hou OVA, but, given how much I disliked the Kaku OVA, it may or may not be welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
As part of the minority who actually loves Ryukishi's art I have to say.... these Hou sprites REALLY DO look like shit.
...they look exactly the same as usual. The only ones that don't look pleasant are the joke characters from Rose Guns Days, who, given how they're used on the 07th Expansion Twitter, appear to be joke characters, though that's pretty obvious.

Quote:
Why, because there's a little bit of fanservice at the very end? Hinamizawa Bus Stop looks like it'd be pretty much impossible to be fanservicey, since all the characters are silhouettes, Kaku has no fanservice, and Kamikanshi's fanservice is just your standand Higurashi "Punishment Game" fare. ...that said, if Witch-Hunt does tackle this, I hope they finish Rose Guns Days first, instead of putting it on hiatus.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:06   Link #467
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Mmm, I was expecting Takano today. I'm a bit disappointed x.x
Old 2014-09-21, 21:58   Link #468
Observer1994

Quote:
Satoko is still more controversial since she's just a little kid (though I don't know the ages of the 2 new characters).
Lol, I don't think 'inappropriate sexualization of minors' comes into play when regarding the ages of Hou and Tamurahime no Mikoto. I'm assuming there ages are probably mentally hundreds of years, but physically 10 or 11. Kind of similar to Hanyuu but I think that's a slippery slope in regards to the American market and some audiences. Kihihi! I pray that Hou on Steam will never see the light of day in the name of Tumblr members who will most likely lose their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
And as a proud member of the minority who loves Ryukishi's art, in my opinion, the expressions in his art adds a unique vintage feeling to the visual novel. Quite frankly, I think the PC and other-PS3,PS2,DS,etc.-art are good in their own different ways.

Last edited by Observer1994; 2014-09-21 at 22:11.
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 06:04   Link #469
xPearse

Isn't the witch hunt currently out of a translator, or something like that? If that's the case, we're probably left in the water for a translation. Anyhow, how would one even edit the text in the Higurashi games? I also ripped Hou yesterday so I'll upload that later on for those who want to look at the sprites and stuff.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 06:24   Link #470
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Anyhow, how would one even edit the text in the Higurashi games?
Wait, where is the problem about that ?

Quote:
Mmm, I was expecting Takano today. I'm a bit disappointed x.x

Second that, we've still got at least Takano and Chie left, I wished they could upload them on their ask already.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 07:04   Link #471
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Isn't the witch hunt currently out of a translator, or something like that? If that's the case, we're probably left in the water for a translation. Anyhow, how would one even edit the text in the Higurashi games? I also ripped Hou yesterday so I'll upload that later on for those who want to look at the sprites and stuff.
Maybe MangaGamer will translate it if Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Kai) sells well enough on Steam.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 07:15   Link #472
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Anyhow, how would one even edit the text in the Higurashi games?
Hehe, don't underestimate people here. As long as we have translations there are a lot of people here who know how Onscripter works. (Captain Bluebeard, Me, Gura and many others who unfortunately weren't involved in this thread lately XD)
Old 2014-09-22, 08:58   Link #473
xPearse

I'm just curious, do you just open up the nscript file with Onscripter or is there are process to things, care to elaborate?
Old 2014-09-22, 09:20   Link #474
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
I'm just curious, do you just open up the nscript file with Onscripter or is there are process to things, care to elaborate?
Yup, it's quite simple. You convert the script into a txt and then use any editing program you lile, even notepad works (though I don't recommend it). The script is usually really big and confusing but as long as you know what you're doing it's nothing special. You find the Japanese text and simply replace it with translated English. You must be careful though unnecessary edit will create unnecessary errors.
Old 2014-09-22, 10:56   Link #475
xPearse

Is that it? Sounds simple enough, by the way. Do you use Onscripter to convert them or something else?

I also uploaded the Hou rip there now, I'm unsure but am I allowed to post a link like that here?
Old 2014-09-23, 02:50   Link #476
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko

Mangagamer released a wild Chie! I really like her design here, very cuute! I'd want to take her home~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 03:23   Link #477
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post

Mangagamer released a wild Chie! I really like her design here, very cuute! I'd want to take her home~
I wonder why the bottom part of her dress is see-through and crotch fitting while the top part isn't see-through. It would be nice to have some consistency.

Except for those parts it looks pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/117821986802
Is it even legal for you to add your own new sprites into the new Higurashi release, I've never seen this happen before for a game but wouldn't you need the creators permission or something like that?

Well, we actually talked about the new sprites with 07th Expansion, and all of the ones we'll be featuring in our Steam release have been approved by him. So we do have the creator's permission for the sprite changes to our Steam release.
It seems 07th Expansion has seen and approved all the new sprites.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2014-09-23 at 06:47.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 06:07   Link #478
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Awww, I was expecting Takano. She looks nice though XD
Old 2014-09-23, 06:53   Link #479
xPearse

Seems like they finally answered my askfm question, I was actually thinking they were just adding them in without permission, seems like I was wrong. About that Chie sprite, it's ok... the face and hair are what ruin it for me. Both are just so wrong and un-Chie, especially that black hole between her legs sucking all the air in.

Now let's all wait for theguraguramans inevitable edit, if he does one that is.
Old 2014-09-23, 08:08   Link #480
GrAVit

I think it's certainly better than what's been shown to us thus far.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote