AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-05, 03:25   Link #461
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Personally, I can't stop thinking of Deathwing
hoho...
let's see...
What about a hidden bro/sis of Onyxia and Nefarian?

a "Shadow Flame" type attack is kinda overpowered.
"no cloak huh? don't ever except the AMF protecting you against THIS! BURN WRETCHES !"

As another reference, maybe Horus the black flame dragon LV8? (obscure reference )
That would be a frigging AMF at will
Old 2007-05-05, 03:31   Link #462
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
haha that was gold but i expect Lutecia not to kick the bucket but instead to join the force...or am i being too hopeful >.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
The TSAB weren't much better in rebuilding confidence, she probably was treated like a kid holding on to dynamite instead of showing the mature and responsible use of power. Points go to Fate as one half of the Devastator Mahou Shoujo Pair for doing this, that the potential to lay waste to entire continents doesn't nessesarily means she has to. Looking at the timeline, these 2 probably met around the time of the airport incident, stories of Fate pulling people out of the fire would have been enough of a demonstration.
yea i hated that guy who kept tooking jabs at caro for being a weapon of mass destruction...if he thinks that then hes totally missed if not knowing how nanoha was when she was that young...and to think caro propably could have killed him pretty easily ~ the idiot...at about the timeline it wasnt stated yet when caro was admitted to the TSAB so ill guess and say that she was sent there after getting exiled...poor girl >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-05, 04:06   Link #463
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Considering the "eccentric" people around Fate... A trigger-happy girl with bombardment-type spells, a girl who's more or less half Lost Logia, a mother who went batshit insane with power, etc...

Caro seems perfectly "normal".

Fate: "Caro, I think you will like my friends as well. You're not the only girl in the world who can cause mass destruction on a grand scale, and you'll even get paid to do it!"

When you think about it, aside from the guys, Fate is the sane one in the motley crew.

Hmm...
Old 2007-05-05, 04:10   Link #464
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
haha that was gold but i expect Lutecia not to kick the bucket but instead to join the force...or am i being too hopeful >.<
lol well, who knows, but if Lucetia is a summons (really dought this cause she seems to be more perm then summons) then she can't be "recruited". speaking of which when did the talks switch to her being a summons? I guess maybe she is (the whole square below deal) but there were also butterflies in the same seen^^ she could be summoning them, or maybe cause shes a clone of the aces and recruits she isn't a summoner but some crazy mix of midchild, belka and summons^^. Just some thoughts

Of topic - Deathkillz - Love the new siggy^^
Old 2007-05-05, 04:11   Link #465
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
hoho...
let's see...

"no cloak huh? don't ever except the AMF protecting you against THIS! BURN WRETCHES !"

As another reference, maybe Horus the black flame dragon LV8? (obscure reference )

Red eyes darkness Dragon

Quote:
One vote for comma.
Old 2007-05-05, 04:17   Link #466
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Considering the "eccentric" people around Fate... A trigger-happy girl with bombardment-type spells, a girl who's more or less half Lost Logia, a mother who went batshit insane with power, etc...

Caro seems perfectly "normal".

Fate: "Caro, I think you will like my friends as well. You're not the only girl in the world who can cause mass destruction on a grand scale, and you'll even get paid to do it!"

When you think about it, aside from the guys, Fate is the sane one in the motley crew.

Hmm...
Fate is considered prefectly sane if you are not in a mock battle of anysorts, remember Vita's remarks on Signum and Fate been battle freaks .

And please do not bring Yu gi oh in to this... I'm still trying to forget.....

just a side note, playing FFVII for 20 hours in a row is not healthy...
Old 2007-05-05, 04:35   Link #467
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I've barely seen the episode and this is already at 24 pages?! I think I'll pass on wading through all that, and just mention how I found it a bit silly that Elio got to keep his shirt on in his transformation sequence. Then again, it could be considered silly that all the girls don't get to keep their undies on. Guess it's mandatory.
Old 2007-05-05, 04:38   Link #468
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
okay, it is flat... guess i don't have sufficient wild imagination, unlike some people here, like C****2****N or K***
*as Futakomori plays, Kha fades into the forum a la a certain spooky Shoujo*

You summoned me, didn't you?

Quote:
About "Enchanter Field Invalid", it is basically a spell to invalidate the AMF(Anti-Magic Field), which is a form of Enchantment magic; wait a tick though... that sounds suspiciously like high-ranked magic. If Variable Shot is Rank-AA, then what rank should "Enchanter Field Invalid" be?

Caro is starting to sound like one of those characters who are obscenely powerful, but pretend to be the weakest so as to draw as little attention as possible. As many, including me, have been harping in the pre-season speculation, it is always the cute little girls that are going to KICK YOUR ASS.

Cheers.
Blast it. If only I could download the N-Dgz for this week's epi I'd be able to comment on that. EFI sounds like an ECCM to AMF, and with that it appears that AMF is magic based after all, except that it works on disrupting/diffracting/absorbing normal magic flow as opposed to opposing it like a magic barrier.

Yeah indeed. And she seems even more harmless than Hayate, Fate and even Nanoha ever were...

*tremble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
[randomness]

Doesn't anyone think that Cross Mirage sounds like the Mirage Tank from Red Alert 2?
Pun Fully Intended.(by the producers?)

[/randomness]
*makes a note to take note later*

Quote:
The following is based on [yesy]'s [MQ] MKV fansub.

Random Thoughts on Ep05:
---- ----
  • Caro has two dragons associated with her. Freidliche is the silver one, so that leaves the black one who is suppose to be protecting her. Setup for a power-up in the future, anyone?

Hmm... maybe Lucetia is the Black Dragon?
  • Blood on your hands, blood~... It always reminds me of Lady Macbeth whenever I see these type of scenes. Except... Caro has not "slaughtered" anyone yet... as far as we know.

• I like Caro more and more with each passing episode.
  • Caro crying out for Erio with tears in her eyes made me all warm and fuzzy.
  • The combo scene with Caro and Erio reminded me of G-Gundam... "Nothing can stop the power of our love!"
Uh-huh *thought forms in mind regarding Fried.*

Actually, that's nice for a change. After all, Yuuno's interpretation seems to be "My love stops Nanoha from being destroyed by her power." Okay that was no way as poetic as the original...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
This raises a thought: what if Fried goes into berserk Kagutsuchi-mode when Carol's in serious danger?

Another thought: what if the Silver and Black Dragons are different sides of the same thing, aka a Light and Dark Fried? If "consciousness is blue" refers to the blue-and-white Fried, maybe there's another "consciousness" that is linked to the Black one?

Speculations...
Quote:
Quote:

Okay then Draco, u asked for it...

Another possibility other than the ones above:

Friedich dies while trying to save who's Erio is in d*** s***, but then Caro, desperate to save her husband, drags the blue fella back from the dead as [Friedich the Risen] for 3BBRR, who also brings Chao's Dragon Tyrant from the graveyard into play FOR FREE, and the Risen also can pump all dragons +1/+1 repeatedly until end of turn.

Caro goes crazy, and her support powers warp into a massive [Obliterate]

Erio wakes up in the middle of a sea of fire, and sees Caro standing in the blinding light.

"Akuma..."

EDIT: In case no one got it, that was Magic the Gathering. It'll do until some sicko decides to cast Teana as Phage. *retches*
Old 2007-05-05, 04:42   Link #469
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I've barely seen the episode and this is already at 24 pages?! I think I'll pass on wading through all that, and just mention how I found it a bit silly that Elio got to keep his shirt on in his transformation sequence. Then again, it could be considered silly that all the girls don't get to keep their undies on. Guess it's mandatory.
Ero shota boy strip down is a big no no in my book, Besides imaging the backlash by the legion of loli and yuri supporting Hikikomori. I guess they did handle the transformations well, very well (Fate-chan indeed you are the best ). and Subaru's makes think mecha over mahou shoujo, and yey for loli doseage that came with Caro...
Old 2007-05-05, 04:43   Link #470
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
And please do not bring Yu gi oh in to this... I'm still trying to forget.....
What's wrong with Yu-Gi-Oh? GX sucks balls, but Duel Monsters was so bad, it's good.

If we're to use YGO references, then...wouldn't Caro die at the end to become Elio's dragon lol?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-05, 04:44   Link #471
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
What's wrong with Yu-Gi-Oh? GX sucks balls, but Duel Monsters was so bad, it's good.

If we're to use YGO references, then...wouldn't Caro die at the end to become Elio's dragon lol?
Well in the Images thread... a certain loli gunslinger turned into the head of the Kaiba Corp...
Old 2007-05-05, 04:51   Link #472
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Well in the Images thread... a certain loli gunslinger turned into the head of the Kaiba Corp...
"Screw the rules! I have technology SO advanced it is literally indistinguishable from MAGIC!"

But Teana's no loli though.

Holy shit! Teana x Friedich just came into my mind!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-05, 04:54   Link #473
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:

Okay then Draco, u asked for it...

Another possibility other than the ones above:

Friedich dies while trying to save who's Erio is in d*** s***, but then Caro, desperate to save her husband, drags the blue fella back from the dead as [Friedich the Risen] for 3BBRR, who also brings Chao's Dragon Tyrant from the graveyard into play FOR FREE, and the Risen also can pump all dragons +1/+1 repeatedly until end of turn.

Caro goes crazy, and her support powers warp into a massive [Obliterate]

Erio wakes up in the middle of a sea of fire, and sees Caro standing in the blinding light.

"Akuma..."

EDIT: In case no one got it, that was Magic the Gathering. It'll do until some sicko decides to cast Teana as Phage. *retches*
Heh ...

Then the Drones responds to the pump effect with Tentacles of Corruption and snares Caro with it , and mean while with that [Obliterate] is on the stack, The Lutecia appears and counter with Time Stop

lol I had to think hard for that Obliterate counter...

Still this Ep put me on the edge with all those pink Erio Caro moments ... Erio should have been beaten up more
Old 2007-05-05, 05:08   Link #474
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
One vote for comma.
nooo ive always had bad experiences with the "girls in coma" routine >.< but okey lets say that she was summoned by doc freak there by my my watch he doesnt seem to have any magical powers like lets say percia...instead he could have used a relic to do the summoning and well these isnt a set rule that if the person who innitiates the summon dies that the "familiar" will disappear...but still i refuse to believe that she is a summoned creature ~
Quote:
Ero shota boy strip down is a big no no in my book, Besides imaging the backlash by the legion of loli and yuri supporting Hikikomori. I guess they did handle the transformations well, very well (Fate-chan indeed you are the best ). and Subaru's makes think mecha over mahou shoujo, and yey for loli doseage that came with Caro...
but...but...what about the fanservice for the girls? ;_; but i do agree that these are the best "mahou shoujo" transformation sequences to date but i bet its a one off >.<
Quote:
and funnily enough big Friedrich reminded me of blue eyes erm i think kibatea would think that caro has the wrong familiar

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-05, 05:09   Link #475
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Heh ...

Then the Drones responds to the pump effect with Tentacles of Corruption and snares Caro with it , and mean while with that [Obliterate] is on the stack, The Lutecia appears and counter with Time Stop

lol I had to think hard for that Obliterate counter...
Darn! It actually got countered! She'd better pray she's got a Shunt in hand or Transcendence in play otherwise Erio's gonna get an eternal nosebleed!

Quote:
and funnily enough big Friedrich reminded me of blue eyes erm i think kibatea would think that caro has the wrong familiar
And then (s)he goes and plays 2 more Friedich and casts Spell Binding Circle to turn them into Blue Eyes Ultimate Friedich.
Old 2007-05-05, 05:16   Link #476
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
nooo ive always had bad experiences with the "girls in coma" routine >.< but okey lets say that she was summoned by doc freak there by my my watch he doesnt seem to have any magical powers like lets say percia...instead he could have used a relic to do the summoning and well these isnt a set rule that if the person who innitiates the summon dies that the "familiar" will disappear...but still i refuse to believe that she is a summoned creature ~
While it is far too earily to say if Lutecia is a summon or any such thing, we can associate her with relations with summoner/summon magic due to OP, I perfer if she is make like Fate (another cute loli for you Fate ) or is a summoner akin to Caro.

Quote:
but...but...what about the fanservice for the girls? ;_; but i do agree that these are the best "mahou shoujo" transformation sequences to date but i bet its a one off >.<
Given the rarity of transformation scence in Nanoha, I'm said to say you are too correct... Still we have Carim (if she is to take to the field) and Hayate's to look forward to, and maybe over Signum and Vita's.

And girls? watching Nanoha? something in this equation just do not adds up.

Quote:

I still stand by Friedrich = Bahamut

Quote:
Darn! It actually got countered! She'd better pray she's got a Shunt in hand or Transcendence in play otherwise Erio's gonna get an eternal nosebleed!
Useless, Useless, Drones always a Pact of Negation hidden in their far reaching tentacles

I do admit I fail to see the relevance of Transcendence, since I can still target Erio.

and as always we are sooo off topic

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-05-05 at 05:27.
Old 2007-05-05, 05:47   Link #477
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
While it is far too earily to say if Lutecia is a summon or any such thing, we can associate her with relations with summoner/summon magic due to OP, I perfer if she is make like Fate (another cute loli for you Fate ) or is a summoner akin to Caro.
I think this was from wiki: The symbiotic link between Mage and Tsukaima can be severed by the Mage, creating a self-sustaining creature. I think this is only possible if the Mage is able to somehow carve a piece of her Linker Core to give to the Tsukaima. Possibly, if Dr Spagetti loves Lutecia enough, he might consider giving her whatever piece left of him to her, granting her self-sustainance, but makes her go crazy for it'll then be the Aces slaying the one who really cared for her, and you noe how powerful lolis react to that...

After that she has 2 possible fates:

- Go down fighting, inflicting heavy damages to the Aces in the process and goes into the afterlife smiling. The "I'll be with you soon, Otou-san..." sorta thing.

- Realizes that her Father wouldn't wish to see her die, decides to live and after seeing the Light in Nanoha's friendship joins Hayate's cosplay unit (and thus making being a villian even more hopeless in the Nanohaverse...)

Quote:
Given the rarity of transformation scence in Nanoha, I'm said to say you are too correct... Still we have Carim (if she is to take to the field) and Hayate's to look forward to, and maybe over Signum and Vita's.

And girls? watching Nanoha? something in this equation just do not adds up.
No not true. Several of my girl friends who watched GSD also watched Nanoha and said its good. They're the Fate incarnates I suppose...

*Remembers the latest "spring" 4koma*

Quote:
Useless, Useless, Drones always a Pact of Negation hidden in their far reaching tentacles

I do admit I fail to see the relevance of Transcendence, since I can still target Erio.

and as always we are sooo off topic
Why would you target Erio when he's not playing this round of Magic? Anyway I suppose Caro wouldn't mind Donate-ing Transcendence to Erio to shield him, and possibly even Pariah herself so that all damage gets dealt to her instead. Moral of the story: I'd rather settle for an eternally nosebleeding Erio thanks to Time Stop's effect freezing Tendrils in place.

"Hanaste! Hanaste!"

Yeah it's fun isn't it?
Old 2007-05-05, 05:57   Link #478
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Spoiler for Theory of link:
That could mean that when Precia was playing god, she could have had in her possession a Relic, that would explain the disaster she caused with her experiment (and how Alicia died)

And, as always, the Mad Scientist wants the only known surviving subjects of Project F to "play with".

He wants to clone something~ (or someone)

Spoiler for Star Wars Parody:

Am I hearing cartriges being loaded?
Old 2007-05-05, 06:28   Link #479
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Spoiler for Star Wars Parody:

Am I hearing cartriges being loaded?
Indeed you heard correctly, *Disengage all safety lock, Annihilation mode fire*
Old 2007-05-05, 07:22   Link #480
Bloodseeker

*watches*

-That would be awesome if Kyaro slaughtered her entire tribe.

-Fate's transformation sequence = hottest magical girl transformation sequence ever

-I wish that I could get excited about the actual combat starting, but we've seen more than enough robots get smashed already this season. Its time for some nice fist vs. gun vs. sword vs. hammer vs. scythe vs. whatever weapon the opposing mages this season might happen to be using action.

-I would have laughed if they would have given Elio a similar transformation to his teammates.

-Elio's barrier jacket would look cooler without the coat and if his shorts went down to his knees and were baggier.

-Why is Subaru standing on top of the train having a conversation with her rollerblades when she's supposed to be working on her mission objectives?

-Mach Caliber's voice sounds weird for some reason.

-"I feel that means the same way." Just as bad as Raging Heart.

-Hayate can't be bothered to show up on time to command her troops during a mission.

-I'd feel very unsafe with a partner like Kyaro watching my back. A daydreamer and a slacker that takes time off to talk to her shoes in the middle of a mission... not the most professional bunch, are they?

-"Enchanter field invalid" If they ever decide to make a season three, these people need to spend the time in between seasons in America learning English. That makes it sound like the glove's A.I. didn't know how to handle the spell more than that its going to help Elio break through the AMF.

-Damned evil masterminds and their dumb habit of watching the protagonists over a large moniter while laughing for some incomprehensible reason. (nervous laughter, maybe?)

-Well at least it looks like they're going to be having mage vs. mage training in the next episode...
Closed Thread