AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-02, 11:26   Link #461
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Painiac, this is the Episode 1 thread, and you've just posted ridiculously huge spoilers through Episode 5. I'd strongly recommend deleting that post and moving it to the Episode 5 or Speculation thread before a mod deletes it for you.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:31   Link #462
Painiac

Yea, I have seen that myself now after lurking on site. Anyway, thanks.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:31   Link #463
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

No worries, just trying to protect the newbies' virgin eyes.
Old 2010-01-02, 23:19   Link #464
Arraxis

Aren't I glad that I didn't read the message in my thread subscription e-mail, since I've only read to the end of Episode 4, and will probably wait until all of Chiru is released and translated before continuing. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long, since I can't wait to see how this concludes.
Old 2010-01-02, 23:25   Link #465
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The whole thing? It's going to be at least a year more just for EP8 to be released, and the translation would certainly be a few months at shortest...
Old 2010-01-02, 23:28   Link #466
Arraxis

Basically a financial decision. I'd love to read them as they come, but I'm the kind of person who buys box-sets instead of individual DVDs. Buy them all at once for cheaper, and watch them all at once.
Old 2010-01-02, 23:30   Link #467
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I see, that's a reasonable choice, especially if you're strapped for cash. I was just addressing the "hopefully it doesn't take too long" point, since I didn't want you to be let down and wonder where the full Chiru translation is
Old 2010-01-02, 23:41   Link #468
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arraxis View Post
Aren't I glad that I didn't read the message in my thread subscription e-mail, since I've only read to the end of Episode 4, and will probably wait until all of Chiru is released and translated before continuing. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long, since I can't wait to see how this concludes.
Well, Matsuribayashi-hen was pretty big and Episode 8 will probably be the same. That said, I think that Ryukishi will release the last Episode on C80 (August 2011) since releasing it on C79 (December 2009) will only leave him with 4 months to finish it. I wouldn't expect Chiru to be fully translated until 2012 if that's the case.
Old 2010-01-02, 23:46   Link #469
Arraxis

*nods* Well, I like to think I'm patient, so I've no problem waiting a few years for the conclusion. I'd love for it to come out sooner, but I recognise that that just isn't possible. But yeah, when it does come out, it'll be like when Heaven's Feel was finally translated .
Old 2010-01-07, 10:15   Link #470
Keriaku
Thought Being

I'm just curious, but as long as spoilers are marked clearly, are we allowed to use later arcs when discussing EP1? My logic is that shouldn't each individual game thread be used to solve their particular mysteries, and sometimes later arcs have clues for them. Ex. EP5 having clues to solve EP1.
Old 2010-01-07, 10:47   Link #471
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No. All threads have to be used with their appropriate knowledge at hand.
Therefore, if you have a clue about ep1 from ep5, you have to post it in Episode 5.

The justification is that each thread are created to discuss about what that specific episode has to offer. By this definition, you can discuss with all clues at hand and it will allow some broad discussion.
The other reason is that it will "protect" people who still aren't done with all Episode. Thus, for example, if someone is reading ep4, but someone with ep5 suddenly pop with that info, it won't be pretty.
Old 2010-03-16, 02:14   Link #472
Airyokama
*ahaha.wav*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
The trick is similar to what Ryukishi07 did with his secret letter in Higurashi.

Go to the music box after finishing the game, and play the last track (弦楽四重奏曲第一番~). Keep replaying the track until the background graphic turns into a character tips screen.
Spoiler for background:

All you have to do next is go into the TIPs screen from the main menu and execute the characters in the same pattern as the background image, and the game will automatically start the hidden tea party.
Somehow my last track in the Music Box is actually "くるり" and I can't find that track you named.... o__o; Do you know how the track sounds? It wouldn't happen to be the track that plays in the very beginning of
Spoiler for "SSH":
is it?

Last edited by Airyokama; 2010-03-16 at 02:26. Reason: forgot to add a detail~
Old 2010-03-16, 02:21   Link #473
Aethos

Well I guess maybe I spoiled myself a little by watching the anime first, but I'm kinda glad I did because damn.... I never realized the VNs would drag so much.

I am a little more understanding now about the characters and the series as a whole now that I'm reading through the VNs... currently I'm on episode 2, but it sure is taking forever to read through all the VNs. Especially when the characters just go off the topic of the plot and start talking about a thousand different other things that might or might not relate to the plot. Only for them to remember about the plot after an hour or two of reading.

After the second twilight though the pace really picked up, but it was tough pushing through up until that point. After all it takes the characters at least a fourth of the story just to get to Rokkenjima... or at least it felt that way.

So far though episode 2 has been a lot better with pacing.
Old 2010-07-04, 10:06   Link #474
Gohda
Magical Gohda Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
Well I guess maybe I spoiled myself a little by watching the anime first, but I'm kinda glad I did because damn.... I never realized the VNs would drag so much.

I am a little more understanding now about the characters and the series as a whole now that I'm reading through the VNs... currently I'm on episode 2, but it sure is taking forever to read through all the VNs. Especially when the characters just go off the topic of the plot and start talking about a thousand different other things that might or might not relate to the plot. Only for them to remember about the plot after an hour or two of reading.

After the second twilight though the pace really picked up, but it was tough pushing through up until that point. After all it takes the characters at least a fourth of the story just to get to Rokkenjima... or at least it felt that way.

So far though episode 2 has been a lot better with pacing.
I agree. I remember reading EP1 after I watched the anime and noticing how slow-paced the story actually was. I could've watched 5-6 anime episodes in the time it took me to reach the first twilight in the actual VN, hehe
Guess it goes to show how hard it must've been for the anime directors to compress all those hours of could-be-pivotal information into less than two hours of animation.
Old 2010-07-21, 10:30   Link #475
LaplaceNoMa

I've just noticed something strange in the beginning of ep1. Krauss wants to add a 7th condition, while there were only 5 of them. Is that an error?
Old 2010-07-21, 10:55   Link #476
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Strange... Was this never spotted before? But it's true. There were only five conditions mentioned by the younger siblings and then Krauss adds a 7th condition. There is no error in the translation.

In the anime they only mention 4 conditions. In the manga the part of the conditions was removed all together.

Old 2010-08-17, 21:22   Link #477
Solachinx
is a myth

Hey, finally getting to some juicy mystey parts after having Umineko 4 for a while (I passed out of my liking of it a while back and recently got back into). Particularly, I'm at the part where Kyrie and Battler are talking at the window. Here's what I've come up with for the Umbrella and Letter:

Someone Maria recognized as Beatrice gave Maria the umbrella and letter. Since the letter had Kinzo's seal, it was either Kinzo (unlikely; Maria may be naive, but she isn't stupid; she'd think Beatrice would look somewhat like her portrait), a servent, or someone else who has access to Kinzo. Jessica is ruled out because she was with Battler and George the entire time it rained and would no time to give the items to Maria as well as explain the instructions. Even so, when Battler found Maria, she was a little damp not soaking wet; if Jessica gave it to her, she would've been drenched. This doesn't rule out that Jessica is some sort of accomplice, but it does rule out that she's a mastermind. Why do I say this? Because a mastermind always wants to make sure that a plan is carried out correctly and would, thus, be sure to do it themselves; if they send out an accomplice, there's always a chance that a mistake will occur.

Also, during the reading of the letter, Kyrie seemed to be asking strange questions; it might be because she, from what I remember from the anime, was pretty good at thinking from a criminal's perspective. Still, best to watch...

Possibilities: Kumasawa, Natsuhi, Eva, Kyrie, Rosa, or Shannon.
Old 2010-08-17, 21:39   Link #478
Judoh
Mystery buff

However we also know a couple of things from episode 1. Without George marking Maria's rose Maria would have never received the letter. And without George noticing her take out the letter from her bag and confirming Dinner was over she would have not announced what was in it.

Why am I mentioning this? Because if George is deliberately creating these situations he has a reason to have an accomplice. And if he does that means he had a reason to risk the possibility that his accomplice might fail.

So no, It's not exactly true that mastermind would want to do everything themselves. That'd actually be more stressful for that person. They'd want to be able to set events up and have other people to do some things for them so those events expand. Doing everything yourself with the risk of you yourself failing is more risky than risking someone else to fail.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-08-17 at 21:54.
Old 2010-08-17, 22:06   Link #479
Yopee
Zurajanai! Katsura da!

George marking the rose for Maria is a good point I think in your George culprit/accomplice theory, Judoh.
But I'm not sure about him noticing Maria's letter. George sits beside Maria so it's natural for him to notice I think. If Battler, Natsuhi, Jessica, or Hideyoshi noticed it first instead, I wouldn't take it as a clue that they are suspicious either. All of them sit close to Maria and George asked Maria about the letter after she had already taken it out so I think it's a natural reaction.

But I like your other point about George being good at moving conversations along in his favour. I dunno if it's just me, but every time people ask Maria about something to do with Beatrice (i.e. Hideyoshi at dinner, Battler at sixth to eighth twilights), they end up getting impatient with Maria's usual answer. Then George follows up and asks her questions but in a slightly different order from everyone else that seems to always end up with just the right sort of answers from Maria to imply that there really is a Beatrice.
I know Maria would have kept saying it was Beatrice anyways but George seems to act too calm and logical in those situations, asking questions as if he wants to make Maria's answers as persuasive as it can be.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much and it's just like what Battler and Jessica say - George is good with kids.

Last edited by Yopee; 2010-08-18 at 12:35.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:21   Link #480
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
You left out a big one. Without George's idea to leave Maria and Rosa, Maria wouldn't have been able to meet Beatrice alone.
Closed Thread