Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-20, 15:11   Link #461
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
CB vs. Kataron...

...Goodbye Kataron, if this happens.
yeah, but the opposite really makes no sense.Why in the world would CB especially Wang Liu Mei cooperate with Kataron?

Regarding CB, it seems there's three agendas:
-Ribbons
-Wang Liu Mei
-Ptolemy's crew.

I could understand Ptolemy's decision to help Kataron.But Wang Liu Mei, why does she cares?Because she believes conflicts bring change?(something which makes you wonder why the hell she's working for CB in the first place).Even worse, why in the world would she work with Ribbons?Unless, again, she doesn't care about CB's agenda and just want more conflicts.

Even then, it doesn't explain why Ribbons wanted CB to attack.Obviously, he wasn't expecting the feddies to win and yet he supports the A-laws, no?

There's a lot to explain but it's pretty clear that CB is no longer a coherent organization.The problem is, the guys on Ptolemy don't seem to be aware of it.
Old 2008-10-20, 15:18   Link #462
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Celestial Being wiping out Kataron would be a very bad idea in the long run. With Kataron active, A-Laws has to divide its attention between Kataron and Celestial Being. If Celestial Being wipes out Kataron, A-Laws could then focus its attention solely on Celestial Being.
Old 2008-10-20, 15:22   Link #463
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Celestial Being wiping out Kataron would be a very bad idea in the long run. With Kataron active, A-Laws has to divide its attention between Kataron and Celestial Being. If Celestial Being wipes out Kataron, A-Laws could then focus its attention solely on Celestial Being.
Agreed, I believe an alliance between Kataron and Celestial Being would be fare more productive then fighting each other after all their goals are pretty much the same. The destruction of the A-Laws.
Old 2008-10-20, 16:08   Link #464
JediNight
キズランダム

Allelujah should have used some Suzaku-esque super soldier hax and charged the guards, finish them all off, knock out Soma and take her with on Ptolemy to add to the family =X

About Lyle: CB has already stated their objective now is to destroy the A-Laws. So I think it's going to play out that Lyle gets caught, since he's not doing a good job of hiding it anyways. Rather than punish him they will say they were planning to bring up the subject of an alliance with Cataron anyways, and Lyle will arrange a meeting of them with Marina's old retainer.

Also, I predict that Saji will stay with CB, but instead of fighting it will be to gather evidence to expose the atrocities of the A-Laws to the world.

Last edited by JediNight; 2008-10-20 at 16:20.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 16:23   Link #465
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Allelujah X Soma i hope that pairing happens.... i think they make a lovely couple
Old 2008-10-20, 17:13   Link #466
JediNight
キズランダム

They've uh... had a few vacancies in the crew since last season unless you forgot *cough*...

And the Ptolemy looks to be a fair bit larger than the Ptolemaios was. Maybe because they put more of their operations on the ship since being unable to use their old facilities we presume.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 17:23   Link #467
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Oh noooooooooes the subbed ep aired yesterday!!! So that means I'm 20 days late in forum time .....

Well this episode wasn’t without its problems, but at the end of the day it still was extremely entertaining and visually stunning…The Sumeragi “Operation Splashdown” (which it should have been called) was worth the price of admission alone…I almost wanted to see an AC-Guy peek his oversized head outta the water and start blasting away^^…The sheer volume and epic nature of it all coincided a fast and furious battle-engagement which found the Gundams (in which seemed like the first time in forever) fighting in an earth environment…This gave the picture such a crisp coat of vibrant colors my iris’ were on melt-alert…Hell they even had a backdrop of the Gundams leaving to a rainbow so visually incredible, one would be sure that Gundam Seed Desinty’s Akatsuki (aka. .//hackatsuki) and Zeta’s Hyaku Shiki were dry humping one another at the bottom of it…But the whole of that notwithstanding the execution of the fight sequences are awesome…They are almost always multi-layered and intimate at the same time (which is difficult when you’re talking about so many MS’s it would be kinda easy just to make it a cool spamfest, but 00 is capable of making long-winded, complex battles have a sense of continuity and real-time)…It isn’t just 1000 MS’s fighting indiscriminate battles with just the heroes suits being centered…It’s more like organized chaos and it worked well yet again in this episode…

I also very much like the fact that Ribbons’ air of superiority is really just a ruse…I think it’s very refreshing to see that Ribbons indeed wants to follow Schenburg’s plan (Whatever delusion of it he may have), but he can’t just will it to happen with his Innovator powers or whatever…He has to actually become a lobbyist and influencer with intel he gets from various sources (Including $hit he downloads from the World Wide Wang—who’s not giving him all the info she has, so he’s limited)…President 00bama greedily accepts any help Ribbons can give him to protect his political status, and it seems to be a very rational give and take relationship with only Ribbons’ grand AURA giving him that evil boss feel ( BTW, Shame on you 00bama for going the McCain route in the future…Maybe $hit has changed so much 00bama is a republican! )…Ever since he gave the WTF face regarding the twin drives, I think to this point it’s apparent that Ribbons façade as this boss character is merely an information network that he utilizes to the best of his ability…I’m glad that 3 eps in the staff has kept his abilities grounded and not all “hax0r x264 colored-eyes dude can do anything “…

I also thought this episode had a nice pace and development that gives me a strong indication that 00 will have faith in it’s audiences’ analytical abilities and just keep the content rolling without having to flashback us or reset us to death to rebuild the story…Taking 4 episodes to transition the story could have easily taken 7 or 8 based on what they had to do…Glad to see Mizushima did this, even if it may have been to a false claim that S1 started too slow…As a product of being a part 2 it’s good part2 is starting as a part 2 (Unlike Lelouch of the Reboot 2)…

Now there were a couple of probs that caught my eyes (and a lot of others)…One obviously was Al jumping into his cockpit with A-LAW members who definitely won’t be mistaken for Coordinators anytime soon…It was almost like they had those dreaded Cartoon Network edited SEED guns, but atleast those things still killed Patrick Zala’s a$$...Nevertheless I’ll give them a mulligan on the horrible shooting, but what I can’t get over is IGNORING A GUNDAM!! Unless your mom//dad, or sibling, or GF (and I mean really in love with GF and not some chick that you just use for sex, cooking, cleaning); if not any of those people are dying in-front of your eyes you can’t ever IGNORE A NEW GUNDAM with it’s cockpit open…Sergei Jr. needs to get over his Taboo Sex SoMAMA syndrome and put a new Gundam with it’s cockpit open as priority…Tuff to get over that, maybe if they would just shot Hal a couple of times and he flew Arios injured it would have played better, but as is it was kinda idiotic….

I also am becoming a bit annoyed with Lie-con Stratos’ heavy-handed character so far…At the current pace he’s dangerously getting close to becoming a caricature rather than his own character, and I hope we’ll see him at 35mph soon as opposed to the 60 speed-limit version of himself he’s shown so far…I also wanna temper my opinion on Setsuna x Marina…I really think the writers had a golden opportunity to expand Setsuna’s relationship with her and they tugged back a bit and tried to rely on a more subtle dynamic… Setsuna blushing or just strongly hugging her out of context would have done far more than the soopaficial fanbait that comes next week at the expense of Feldt’s lip-gloss…After the whole letter and 4 year separation I thought it would have been very progressive if Setsuna would have had one of those “Gundam moments” that finds the main character doing something unexpected in the relationship area…A kiss or more romantic reaction could have done more in this case…

Anyways I still give this ep a pretty strong 8.33 outta 10…The action, the pace, the production values, the slight character development all a plus here and pretty much overshadows 1 crappy scene of Hal jumping into his Gundam…Damn still no Masked Man or Prince Ali yet eh? I so want to get back to listing my weekly power ranking…Oh well, til they jump in the action my lips are sealed like Hannibal Hal…
Old 2008-10-20, 18:00   Link #468
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
speaking about Taboo Sex SoMAMA syndrome i think i have that now after this eps
Old 2008-10-20, 22:02   Link #469
lubczyk

Man Marina is giving me some serious Relena Peacecraft vibes. I hope we don't get her and Saji in the same room together. I got a feeling she's going to become a bridge bunny on the Ptolemaios II.

With the new Gundams and all the Gundam pilots together, it always feels like Sunrise gave Gundam 00 a reset. It's like the first season almost never happened. I mean, did anyone really important die in Season 1 besides Kinue?

Just my 2 cents. I was hoping for more to more to happen this episodes besides the setup for the rest of the show being complete. Oh well. Let's hope it's full speed ahead from here.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 22:04   Link #470
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I mean, did anyone really important die in Season 1 besides Kinue?
Lockon, Eifman.
Old 2008-10-20, 22:25   Link #471
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk
Just my 2 cents. I was hoping for more to more to happen this episodes besides the setup for the rest of the show being complete. Oh well. Let's hope it's full speed ahead from here.
This $hit could have EASILY taken 6, 7, 8, eps and after 4 all should be complete...Lie-con alone could have been 3 eps just to get him set-up...I know you hate most everything about Gundam 00, but atleast lets have some consistent arguments...Are you pissed there's not enuff character development to set-up the 2nd season or are you mad it's taking too long setting up? So if you want more to happen instead of setting things up (as if that's just retarded or something) then you're getting it...How in the world could the story advance if it didn't setup the new or re-installed protagonist characters? (I mean these shows are barley 20 mins of content) However to you they're taking too much time doing this when it's only been 3 eps....You're caught in a paradox called "playahatin" (It's not just for mint-gator wearing pimps anymore)...I can't imagine a plot moving quicker to add 3 missing gundam pilots and before ep 4 they're altogether... Setsuna and Liecon basically fall a$$backwurds back into CB and they just blasted Al out just now...Yet it's setting $hit up too slow for you?
Old 2008-10-20, 22:34   Link #472
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I take any Marina but Relena Peacecraft Mk2. That girl makes me puke a thousand time over =_=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 22:47   Link #473
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I take any Marina but Relena Peacecraft Mk2. That girl makes me puke a thousand time over =_=
I cannot agree more -.- Relena was semi annoying with her apparent obsession with someone that supposedly wants to kill her, but she was even more so with the total pacifism stuff spewing out of her mouth. -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 23:42   Link #474
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This $hit could have EASILY taken 6, 7, 8, eps and after 4 all should be complete...Lie-con alone could have been 3 eps just to get him set-up...I know you hate most everything about Gundam 00, but atleast lets have some consistent arguments...Are you pissed there's not enuff character development to set-up the 2nd season or are you mad it's taking too long setting up? So if you want more to happen instead of setting things up (as if that's just retarded or something) then you're getting it...How in the world could the story advance if it didn't setup the new or re-installed protagonist characters? (I mean these shows are barley 20 mins of content) However to you they're taking too much time doing this when it's only been 3 eps....You're caught in a paradox called "playahatin" (It's not just for mint-gator wearing pimps anymore)...I can't imagine a plot moving quicker to add 3 missing gundam pilots and before ep 4 they're altogether... Setsuna and Liecon basically fall a$$backwurds back into CB and they just blasted Al out just now...Yet it's setting $hit up too slow for you?

Well, to me, the ending of first season was a disaster of a rush job. I attribute that to starting out at a leisurely pace at the beginning, going through a few too many "intervention" episodes and then cramming an assload of content into the last 5 episodes or so. The 00 writing staff doesn't have the luxury to just go at a leizurely pace with only 22 episodes left and a lot of ground to cover.

In short, I don't think the 1st Season covered as much ground as it should have and therefore Season 2 will have to pick up the slack.

Quote:
Lockon, Eifman.
I considered Eifman a Tertiary character with little significance, and with Lyle onboard, its as if Lockon's death never happened.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 23:42   Link #475
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

...It makes sense for them to fire a warning shot. And with the crappy accuracy, I'd say they want him alive than dead considering that there are no actual intel about him during his imprisonment. He may be special to them. But crap, the timing of the actual "warning" and the "shots" were way way off. ("Stop right there" - Bang bang bang) Made sense why he ran off. Though I would like it more if he was shot a couple of times and use his prisoner suit to stop his bleeding. *i.e belts/binds underneath/outside of his suit. This goes to show that the military should aim with two hands instead of one. Seems that Setsuna is the pro shooter considering he shot off Praise-Our-Lord's minds without hesitation/need for aiming.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 23:58   Link #476
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I considered Eifman a Tertiary character with little significance, and with Lyle onboard, its as if Lockon's death never happened.
Except Eifman was able to figure out the GN-Particles, which caused Laguna to send Team Trinity after him. His death fueled the resolve of Graham and Billy. You seem to be confusing Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary with Important--even secondary and tertiary characters can have importance to a story.

As for Lyle, he happens to show differences between himself and his brother. As it is, we have to see how his character plays out before you have any right to say its as if Neil's death "never happened."
Old 2008-10-21, 00:22   Link #477
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I agree, as for me right now, Lockon is Neil, Neil is Lockon .. Lyle is just... Lyle. While he have the same VA and face, he dont give the same vibe as the original Lockon gave.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:27   Link #478
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
As for Lyle, he happens to show differences between himself and his brother. As it is, we have to see how his character plays out before you have any right to say its as if Neil's death "never happened."
He can at least start with the CB crew, but what he has to prove more is probably to the other meisters. When would Haro talk more about Neil then, being a combat buddy in all.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:39   Link #479
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

He won't ever be able to get out of his brother's shadow. The only one can accept him right now is Setsuna, and it's because of CB. Seriously, even he tries to act as Lockon, everyone will still think "He's not Lockon". At current rate, I hardly see how can he blends himself into CB's group.
Old 2008-10-21, 00:44   Link #480
finalnight
Supreme Commander

seriously, saji needs to get a suit or something. Otherwise great ep. Though the post-credits scenes and battle music are very final fantasy-ish.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote