AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 22:33   Link #4861
birdy1564

I check out the Vol. 9 illustration and I notice that Iris Calling is now actually been illustrated
birdy1564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:45   Link #4862
zibi88

I have a feeling that the fans after all this wait should kinda bash this volume... since just by lookin on the pictures I can say that 95% is fanservice and mostly its sport festival so bloomers everywhere.... and the last 5% is phantom leaders and tabane presenting madokas blck buttefly Is like from the anime

Why bash... becouse people want the series to move foward and drop the already overused fanservice for few volumes... give fights...reveal some secrets be it from chifuyus past... or madokas past... anything is fine in front of dumb fanservice... it would be ok if it came out 1once per 2months.... but for this you have to wait few months and this is what you get... no fights or plot moving foward but bloomers everywhere >_> maybe if fans bashed it the author would come to his senses and started to write the story correctly...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:54   Link #4863
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hasn't th series been bashed enough to indicate that the writer has no hope of changing? Ever?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 01:08   Link #4864
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I have a feeling that the fans after all this wait should kinda bash this volume... since just by lookin on the pictures I can say that 95% is fanservice and mostly its sport festival so bloomers everywhere.... and the last 5% is phantom leaders and tabane presenting madokas blck buttefly Is like from the anime

Why bash... becouse people want the series to move foward and drop the already overused fanservice for few volumes... give fights...reveal some secrets be it from chifuyus past... or madokas past... anything is fine in front of dumb fanservice... it would be ok if it came out 1once per 2months.... but for this you have to wait few months and this is what you get... no fights or plot moving foward but bloomers everywhere >_> maybe if fans bashed it the author would come to his senses and started to write the story correctly...
That would be fine if not for

1. 99% of the money came from Japan
2. Japanese fans adore it

Don't blame them, we're reading things without paying here.
Old 2014-05-05, 01:13   Link #4865
OHIMESAMA

The illustration are just 30% of the volume, judge to volume after you read it.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 02:34   Link #4866
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
That would be fine if not for

1. 99% of the money came from Japan
2. Japanese fans adore it

Don't blame them, we're reading things without paying here.
Sucks to be the guys who actually imported the novel though.
Old 2014-05-05, 03:01   Link #4867
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Sucks to be the guys who actually imported the novel though.
That's how I feel about Japan product in general
Old 2014-05-05, 03:07   Link #4868
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
That's how I feel about Japan product in general
I'm not sure how to feel about that considering there's a lot of Japanese products we enjoy. Though we don't import them.
Old 2014-05-05, 03:09   Link #4869
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm not sure how to feel about that considering there's a lot of Japanese products we enjoy. Though we don't import them.
No, I was talking about how Japan don't care what people outside Japan say about their product

If it sell, good, if don't, time to fold the market and made what little fans of said product cry.

I.S. light novel just a speck of dust in the sandbox, all things considered.
Old 2014-05-05, 03:47   Link #4870
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
No, I was talking about how Japan don't care what people outside Japan say about their product
Of course, they'll focus more on the immediate consumers - their local populace. Unless they're an export-oriented business.
Old 2014-05-05, 05:32   Link #4871
I'm-here-present

Japs have always been very "patriotic"... Like that about them

Back at vol. 9, I don't think I should judge it too quickly, I saw the illustrations and also felt the same, like it was going to be some "fanservice bonanza again without story". But i've been proven wrong several times because of judging too quick...
I think I'll read before I say anything... besides, the comedic moments there look promising too
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 06:16   Link #4872
Trung-t-rung

Well, most people only read it for guilty pleasure( or Charl).
Considered some of its clones actually have better plots wise, I don't think IS can sink any lower.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 07:53   Link #4873
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I didn't even know they have clones . Which one are those?
Old 2014-05-05, 08:30   Link #4874
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I didn't even know they have clones . Which one are those?
The series I mean. There are a lot of LN series with concept similar to IS yet somehow exceed the original plotwise. An example is Seirei Tsukai no Blade dance(I'm not sure this is a clone of IS since it seems it was published around the same time as IS)
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 08:49   Link #4875
HasuMasu
*Artist

I've read Blade Dance. The only real similarity would be the harem formula which is hardly owned by IS.

Someone might say Asterisk, but if you look closely it's much more similar to Blade Dance.
Old 2014-05-05, 09:42   Link #4876
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

No, Gakusen Asterick is more like Chrome Shelled Regios plus something of Highschool DxD. IS is like Owari Chronicle: Parody Version, To Love-Ru plus Gundam Astray.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 09:57   Link #4877
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
No, Gakusen Asterick is more like Chrome Shelled Regios plus something of Highschool DxD. IS is like Owari Chronicle: Parody Version, To Love-Ru plus Gundam Astray.
If by which you mean to say that Asterisk is nothing at all like either Regios or DxD.
Old 2014-05-05, 10:05   Link #4878
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Asterick has got a similar starting sets of characters to Regios: A powerful male with surpressed ability (Layfon by choice, Ayato because of his sister), a powerful, ambitious, tomboy princess (Nina and Juli), the calculated but good-intention president (Karian and Claudia),... Furthermore, that is the struggle between independent territories by competition: Academy Cities, schools in short.

DxD, well, about the Harem genre. Of course, you could choose other.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 10:50   Link #4879
HasuMasu
*Artist

What you said about Asterisk and Regios apply to Blade Dance as well.

Powerful male with suppressed ability? Kamito. Powerful ambitious tomboy princess? Claire. Calculated but good intentioned president? Greyworth. Struggle between independant territories by competition? Blade Dance.

Here's somethhing important that wasn't mentioned: protagonist looking for lost most important person. Ayato (Haruka) and Kamito (Restia).
Old 2014-05-05, 11:47   Link #4880
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Asterick has got a similar starting sets of characters to Regios: A powerful male with surpressed ability (Layfon by choice, Ayato because of his sister), a powerful, ambitious, tomboy princess (Nina and Juli), the calculated but good-intention president (Karian and Claudia),... Furthermore, that is the struggle between independent territories by competition: Academy Cities, schools in short.

DxD, well, about the Harem genre. Of course, you could choose other.
If you're going to cherry pick the parts you feel are "similar," then sure, there are similarities. That doesn't mean the series are at all alike. Look at this comparison between Avatar: The Last Airbender + Pokemon - this is what you just did.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen