AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-09-01, 16:48   Link #4881
Parousia

So aside from Cardinal's and Administrator's method, there wouldn't be any other way in expanding it?
Old 2014-09-01, 19:46   Link #4882
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

You... could just continue living, and forgetting random things by the day?
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 03:33   Link #4883
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Spoiler for Alice and Asuna.:
Spoiler for Asuna and Alice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Sorry for the interruption, but I'm beginning to get curious on how the Alicization arcs ends. I know that you guys might recommend me to just read it but I have almost no spare time to do that. So can guys kindly put a small summary of it?

Also in regards to the Fluctlights, is there a method of expanding its lifespan without using the method of Administrator?

Oh and, (this question might be far from my topic but) Does the high output scan done by Kayaba that somehow made a copy of his conscience managed to show in the later story arcs?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm always curious about how or what happens in the end every time a new story begins. Thanks in advance.
Yes, yes, and yes. Link in my signature.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 07:09   Link #4884
bdim310

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
My thoughts exactly
Spoiler for Asuna and Kirito:
bdim310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 09:30   Link #4885
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Spoiler for Asuna and Kirito - light novel volume 9:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 10:06   Link #4886
bdim310

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Spoiler for Asuna and Kirito - light novel volume 9:
There is also this quote from the Aincrad arc, right before going to fight the skull reaper. Yeah, they weren't playing house xD

Quote:
Spoiler for Aincrad:
Not to mention she would've committed suicide rather than stay alive with Kirito dead, and Kirito almost lost the will to live when she sacrificed herself to save him....the feels D;
Old 2014-09-03, 12:03   Link #4887
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdim310 View Post
There is also this quote from the Aincrad arc, right before going to fight the skull reaper. Yeah, they weren't playing house xD

Not to mention she would've committed suicide rather than stay alive with Kirito dead, and Kirito almost lost the will to live when she sacrificed herself to save him....the feels D;
That is very true, Kirito and Asuna live for each other, for them life has no meaning if they are not together.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 13:55   Link #4888
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
That is very true, Kirito and Asuna live for each other, for them life has no meaning if they are not together.
which if consider it form a real life point of view, isn't healthy at all. Being that obsesses with each other especially at that young age.

Most people would find it romantic but i find it really disturbing.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2014-09-05 at 11:34.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 14:17   Link #4889
Farodin

Too many main couple shippers here.Why all the hate for Alice?I for one like her character and personality (Knight Alice that is),kinda reminds me of Saber from Fate.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 14:21   Link #4890
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't recall where it says shipping the main couple is against the rules or a crime...
Old 2014-09-03, 14:23   Link #4891
Farodin

I never said anything about it being a crime.I'm actually perfectly fine with it.
Old 2014-09-03, 14:28   Link #4892
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Then there's no need to say that there's too many main couple shippers here, isn't there?
Old 2014-09-03, 14:35   Link #4893
Farodin

Well I apologize if my comment went the wrong way.I just wanted to point out that there is no need to argue and defend Asunas status as Kiritos number one since it is practically set in stone from the get go.
Old 2014-09-03, 15:03   Link #4894
bdim310

Here is the way I see it. Alice has the potential to be an awesome character. However, I feel, in the WN anyway, her character has been reduced to a typical harem member. I feel she should act as that one friend that has been friends with you since kindergarten, and will stick by you till the end in a non-romantic way. She shouldn't be another failed love interest.
Old 2014-09-03, 15:13   Link #4895
Farodin

Well I don't read the WN,only the LNs but as far as i know she seems to be a strong and likeable character and since SAO is a semi harem series I've learned to live with the fact that every major female character (except for Yuuki) eventually ends up falling for Kirito.But unlike those many generic harem series it is only after a certain amount of interaction between Kirito and the girls that they end up falling for him,which is why I'm willing to cut SAO some slack.
Old 2014-09-03, 15:27   Link #4896
bdim310

Well like I said. I think her as a best childhood friend type role would be perfect. It would really give strength to her character, and it would be a great change of pace rather than harem. I don't hate her per se. I just don't like how she was originally in the WN.
Old 2014-09-03, 16:48   Link #4897
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farodin View Post
But unlike those many generic harem series it is only after a certain amount of interaction between Kirito and the girls that they end up falling for him.
I don't think so. Silica and Lisbeth got a crush on him after one day or so of interaction. Same with Alice actually. SAO's usually as shallow as any generic harem light novel in that respect.
Old 2014-09-03, 19:26   Link #4898
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdim310 View Post
Here is the way I see it. Alice has the potential to be an awesome character. However, I feel, in the WN anyway, her character has been reduced to a typical harem member. I feel she should act as that one friend that has been friends with you since kindergarten, and will stick by you till the end in a non-romantic way. She shouldn't be another failed love interest.
Could I consider it as forcing one's desire over others? well it is a virtual one
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 22:05   Link #4899
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
which if consider it form a real life point of view, is healthy at all. Being that obsesses with each other especially at that young age.

Most people would find it romantic but i find with really disturbing.
I find it really romantic, to be connected to a person to such degree is beautiful, specially when you the other person feels the same as you.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 05:30   Link #4900
Farodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think so. Silica and Lisbeth got a crush on him after one day or so of interaction. Same with Alice actually. SAO's usually as shallow as any generic harem light novel in that respect.
Alright point taken,but imo what makes SAO different from other harems is that this series isn't so "in-your-face" with its harem antics.Asuna x Kirito is set in stone from the start and its not like the other girls get page/screentime all the time to show their affection to Kazuto.I knew when I started to watch/read this series what I was getting in return: A semi-harem series with a Gary Stu protagonist at the center (a lot like Mahouka which is way more over the top with its gary stuness).In the end it was more the virtual reality aspect which has drawn me to this series rather than the romance stuff.But its fun from time to time to root for the other girls I guess.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality