AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-23, 20:11   Link #4901
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Maybe everyone is just paranoid because of how Pyrrha died?
Also because the fans are considering a certain notable fanart artist's works as "predictions".
Jeez, people. Character death is not the only way to develop other characters.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 20:18   Link #4902
DMurphy

Character death within JNPR also wouldn't be especially impactful now. Pyrrha hit everyone hard because it was unexpected -- Penny had already died, but as a robot there was always the possibility that she could be fixed and rebuilt, whereas Pyrrha was gone for good and went out in pretty brutal fashion.

But if Ren or Nora died, it'd have far, far less punch, because we'd all be expecting it. And if another member of JNPR died after that, it'd have no impact, because we'd just be tapping our watches waiting for it to happen.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 00:49   Link #4903
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's why I cannot take Akame ga Kill! seriously. The quicker character deaths happen, the less it becomes shocking. By the time you reach the climactic arc, all you can say when someone dies is, "Oh. Heh."
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2017-01-24, 12:44   Link #4904
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
See @/Randrak I said it would surely trigger him

I wish your ship safe sail.
Thank you very much.

I will ship whoever I want and if Harry Dresden or whoever else has a problem with it, then that is most definitely their problem and not mine.

I have personally wanted a Ruby and Jaune relationship since episode two and that isn't about to change. I also enjoyed Arkos (PyrrhaxJaune) and was fine with it, but she's gone and they will move on eventually.

Again, if you don't like the story going in that direction then....good for you, you have an opinion...like everyone else.

PS: If you want the shipping name list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 13:31   Link #4905
Tenzen12

That's terribly elaborate. Why the hell even Whitley x Ruby has a ship?!

Regardless Jaune x Ruby (still don't have clue why name Lancaster was choosen). There is indeed "first girl/boy" rule in play so it wouldn't be surprising and they make pretty good team imho.

Well, I think being just good friends is fine, but I also think being good friends is great foundation for any kind of relationship, so there is that.
Old 2017-01-24, 20:25   Link #4906
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's terribly elaborate. Why the hell even Whitley x Ruby has a ship?!

Regardless Jaune x Ruby (still don't have clue why name Lancaster was choosen). There is indeed "first girl/boy" rule in play so it wouldn't be surprising and they make pretty good team imho.

Well, I think being just good friends is fine, but I also think being good friends is great foundation for any kind of relationship, so there is that.
During the War of the Roses, House Lancaster's symbol was a red rose on a shield. I believe it comes from that.

Also, at some point I think people just started having fun with naming the ships xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 20:52   Link #4907
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Thank you very much.

I will ship whoever I want and if Harry Dresden or whoever else has a problem with it, then that is most definitely their problem and not mine.

I have personally wanted a Ruby and Jaune relationship since episode two and that isn't about to change. I also enjoyed Arkos (PyrrhaxJaune) and was fine with it, but she's gone and they will move on eventually.

Again, if you don't like the story going in that direction then....good for you, you have an opinion...like everyone else.

PS: If you want the shipping name list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
I'm starting to think these shippers have more fun coming up with the names than actually shipping the characters.

I'd never even heard of an OTOrgy before.
Old 2017-01-24, 22:50   Link #4908
Skaddix

So finally got around to watching was not disappointed watched up to Vol 4 Ep 9.

Well the other reason people expect JNPR members to die is the characters they are based off do die. Pyhrra even got shot in the ankle ala Achilles.

Not that I expect them to all die one for one. I mean Jaune is not likely to stand trial and be convicted for treason ala Joan. Don't think Salem is going to go that far. He could get burned to death though especially likely considering Cinder is a villain who loves Fire and wants to pay Ruby back.

And this Horse Based Grimm could very well stand in for a certain Snake or really any mythological creature known for offing Norse Gods.

Plus you cant raise stakes without killing some people. Plus you know flashbacks with a threat imminent don't tend to help survival. And we know killing a friend will cause Ruby to activate her Silver Eyes.

So you got Sun, Qrow, JNR on the chopping block. Qrow being poisoned seems more to take him out of the next fight unless he is going to die from it, maybe he tell us some more stuff. But these shows tend to not kills badasses via slow death by poison. Sun is unlikely to die, more likely to cause Blake to treat him less crap and take him out of fight if the two Dogs or Adam decide to swing on by. So that leaves the NR part more likely to die. Jaune could also finally activate his semblance.

Weiss and Yang don't seem to be in any danger this Volume and that is not likely to change or be anything more then a cliffhanger. I assume this season is 12 episodes.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 01:33   Link #4909
The 48th Ronin

First time I heard Lancaster for Ruby and Jaune, I LOLed really hard.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 02:13   Link #4910
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 02:20   Link #4911
The 48th Ronin

If that really happens, I'm gonna say the guy who do those fanarts is secretly working for RT.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 02:58   Link #4912
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dammit, Dishwasher1910. Don't do this!
Many of your fanart predictions turned out to be right.
Let's hope this is not one of them.
Old 2017-01-25, 03:27   Link #4913
RDNexus

Well, Qrow's hasn't totally turned out true...right?
And the funny thing is that the guy never answers to his arts' comments.
Oh well, let us hope that prediction turns out false as well.

By the way, I know this has been talked about before, but...
What if this is an attempt of RT at trying to get beforehand feedback from audience so as to decide if a certain idea can come through?
Oh, wait...the arts come up too close to each new episode, making such an act quite difficult to make do
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 08:20   Link #4914
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
What if this is an attempt of RT at trying to get beforehand feedback from audience so as to decide if a certain idea can come through?
That would turn the show into one big experiment where the story is at the mercy of everyone. I don't like it, regardless of whether RWBY becomes A Game of Grimms or not.

Leave the story to the actual writers and keep the audience guessing.
Generating hype out of every single moment feels cheap and desperate, which definitely clashes with how natural each episode RWBY can generate hype by itself.

Old 2017-01-25, 08:55   Link #4915
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

That's not likely to happen because realistically speaking they can't animate the show if the writing is lagging behind and is itself subjected to the whims of the fanbase. That's just cruel for the animators.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 09:32   Link #4916
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

whoa.. this is a brilliant episode
those heavy emotion from the beginning until the end is really overwhelming
Ren and Nora are confirmed childhood friend OTP... I'm surprised how fast Ren's mom got killed.. that should traumatize him
it is pretty normal now about why Ren didn't even want to visit KuroYuri anymore

Meanwhile Ruby is starting to stabilize her emotion and feeling right now
Somehow, Jaune is right... Jaune might lost Pyrrha.. but Ruby lost so much.. Pyrrha, Penny, her team, her sister... and probably Qrow now
This is going to be really depressing if Qrow would die in the end... I mean.. dragging Qrow to look for doctor until he met his end is... whoa! that is something I've never imagine to happen especially in RWBY
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 09:53   Link #4917
RDNexus

Yeah, I'm also hoping those arts are mere guessworks from that artist and not part of a possible experiment which, obviously, would be too difficult to make do.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 12:56   Link #4918
Tenzen12

I think if Qrow were to die he would be already dead.
Old 2017-01-25, 18:51   Link #4919
Twi

There's like two or three more episodes this season, right? Plenty of time for that.
Old 2017-01-26, 00:36   Link #4920
Tenzen12

Nah he is safe from poison, he still can be killed by someone else while recuperate, but that's different matter.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby